TSV(R) Preview
127 Members and 11139 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Do you want SOFT SKIN all over?

Started 1355557955.497 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355762017.197 by kal

I can't believe what this body lotion has done to my skin. I have only been using for 2 weeks. It has completely healed dry skin on my elbows and just above the elbow. So not only do you smell good but you are soft all over. It's Gud body lotion sold at Target or Walgreens. Quite a few organic ingredients. I purchased the Vanilla Flame with Vanilla and Rice Milk. It's a very clean scent with a touch of vanilla. I have to try the body butter to compare the two. However, this lotion is awesome.

Page 2 of 2
guatmum1355591841.4332825 PostsRegistered 10/24/2008

Thanks, ladies. Someone once said (Mark Twain? and I'm paraphrasing) that it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people THINK you're stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. I guess the same goes for stupidity AND immaturity. I'd rather stay out of those wrangles.

Happy holidays to all of you! And again, thanks for the info on the Gud. My hands are really in need here.

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

lovestodan­ce1355592293.3074873 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

I love and use Palmer's Olive Butter Formula with it E body lotion...

Just love the way my whole body feels after i shower,and use... Like to use mostly in Winter when skin is more dry...

I find it difficult to get this one in most stores. The Drugstore i use orders it for me..

Also do like some of the Body Butters i get from Bath,and body works...

Find that body butters balms are more softening then most creams,and lotions..

lovestodance

KatCat11355598900.72316806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 12/15/2012 guatmum said:

I, for one, am duly reprimanded. When I see misinformation, I will keep my comments to myself from now on.

But I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the blood orange flower scent in the Gud. It's the only one at the store near me and I'm not one to open something to smell it unless it says "Tester." Thanks for anyone who can give me any info on it.

guatmum, it is a pretty with a touch of orange. I have seen it at Target and Walgreens. I guess it depends on what area you live in. You can also fiind it online at gudhappens.com. Good luck.

KatCat11355599262.40716806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

smhr is nothing but a trouble maker and I placed her on Ignore. Why is it when you start a thread there is always one that wants to ruin the fun for everyone?

HappyDaze1355599340.39315539 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 12/15/2012 Sabear said:
On 12/15/2012 Laurel013 said:

someone posted here that the parent company tests on animals...i'll pass.

Oh man, I guess I will not purchase. How do you find out something like that?

Gud is owned by Burt's Bees. Burts bees is owned by Clorax. Yes, Clorax test on animals (one of the worst) so essentially, GUD is owned by a company that does test on animals.

Unfortunately, I will pass too. I almost tried a GUD body wash until I found out they are owned by Clorax.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

“Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” -Coco Chanel

KatCat11355599470.44716806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

Ladies, I want to add that I apply the lotion throughout the day 2 or 3 times. Not all over but on my arms and hands. You don't need much. I paid $6.99 at Target. It beats $35. I also want to add that I had guess I had ecezema on one arm/elbow that would not heal and this did the trick. Totally surprised me.

Kat

P.S. Countdown to Christmas but all I want is snow!

HappyDaze1355599558.12715539 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 12/15/2012 KatCat1 said:

Ladies, I want to add that I apply the lotion throughout the day 2 or 3 times. Not all over but on my arms and hands. You don't need much. I paid $6.99 at Target. It beats $35. I also want to add that I had guess I had ecezema on one arm/elbow that would not heal and this did the trick. Totally surprised me.

Kat

We got our first snow today! I hope it sticks around for Christmas. I love having a white Christmas! :)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

KatCat11355599896.55316806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 12/15/2012 HappyDaze said:

Kat

We got our first snow today! I hope it sticks around for Christmas. I love having a white Christmas! :)

Lucky you as our weather has been unseasonably warm again. I miss winter. We may get snow this coming week -- maybe.

HappyDaze1355600162.18715539 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 12/15/2012 HappyDaze said:

Kat

Lucky you as our weather has been unseasonably warm again. I miss winter. We may get snow this coming week -- maybe.

Ours has been unseasonable warm as well (broke a few 80+ year old records) and usually by now, it would have been snowing for at least a month or two. In fact, just yesterday it was still in the low 50's and sunny so go figure. I hope you get your snow soon!

KatCat11355601166.42716806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 12/15/2012 lobstergal said:

I, for one, am duly reprimanded. When I see misinformation, I will keep my comments to myself from now on.

But I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the blood orange flower scent in the Gud. It's the only one at the store near me and I'm not one to open something to smell it unless it says "Tester." Thanks for anyone who can give me any info on it.

I would never test a product unless it was an actual tester, but I did flip the top open to smell them. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

And guatmum, please don't let one nasty person get to you like that and keep you from commenting.....I agree, you didn't do anything wrong!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited on 12/15/2012

Yes, there is always one that causes trouble and it's not you, guatmum.

smhr1355601191.663822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

.... and Clorox has very little regard when it comes to the environment. That would be enough to sour me on Burt Bee's.

smhr1355602143.6733822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

KatCat, your biggest problem is your bullying and grand standing. You feel the need to be noticed and admired. Well, I don't feel the need to stroke your ego or agree with your choices. And, I won't put you on ignore, unless it gets down to teasing or harrassment on your part. IDK, you may feel inferior around me and can't match my knowledge on skincare. I have no worries about being on your "ignore list", as it must be growing from all the conflicts, you seem to have with many on here. Your never ending "endorsements" over Burt Bee's is getting old, and it always seems to be the same poster's, that raise you up on a higher platform. You might say, they share in the grand standing. Call me rude, but call me truthful, too.

doggy-lover1355604680.4771130 PostsRegistered 11/4/2011Texas

KatCat - Thanks for the review.........good to know.

49 yrs old
brunette- thick hair
combo skin
medium skin color

KatCat11355605285.95716806 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 12/15/2012 smhr said:

KatCat, your biggest problem is your bullying and grand standing. You feel the need to be noticed and admired. Well, I don't feel the need to stroke your ego or agree with your choices. And, I won't put you on ignore, unless it gets down to teasing or harrassment on your part. IDK, you may feel inferior around me and can't match my knowledge on skincare. I have no worries about being on your "ignore list", as it must be growing from all the conflicts, you seem to have with many on here. Your never ending "endorsements" over Burt Bee's is getting old, and it always seems to be the same poster's, that raise you up on a higher platform. You might say, they share in the grand standing. Call me rude, but call me truthful, too.

You are one sick ticket. Never create threads but always come into one and cause trouble. I have seen several threads were you are on ignore and I can see why. I enjoy coming to the board and sharing and having fun with the many nice ladies on here. This is not a popularity contest. P.S. Go away!

LuvsLabs1355609895.5032227 PostsRegistered 7/2/2012

I haven't tried that but I swear by Gold Bond's Ribbons moisturizer in the can. My skin is soooooo soft after applying and it's not greasy at all.

Chihuahual­uv1355616711.057557 PostsRegistered 2/23/2011

I have the orange shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. I love this scent!

kal1355762017.1932440 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
On 12/15/2012 smhr said:

I have been using CeraVe lotion for about a month, and it has made a significant difference with my alligator arms. Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing is good, but nothing like the CeraVe's lotion.

Alcohol Denat and Fragrance are Organic? I don't think so!

Fragrance is organic when it is composed of essential plant/flower oils.

Acohol is composed of carbon/hydrogen/oxygen, which makes it an organic compound.

Page 2 of 2