TSV(R) Preview
113 Members and 16161 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

I have enough argan oil to supply a store!

Started 1355540312.023 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355599228.473 by Cosmetics_Crazy

Yes, I love Josie Maran products. But somewhere along the way, I have picked up a few too many argan oils! A TSV here, a super size there, an auto-delivery, travel sizes.

If I buy the next TSV, I may have to start cooking our meals in argan oil, lol. I may have to take a break from the TSV's for a while. I guess I could always cancel the supersize auto-delivery. Love the stuff, but I find the longer I use it, the less I need.

Page 2 of 2
mikki_g1355583863.851640 PostsRegistered 10/30/2012
It happens. I have to sit on my hands some days. But I have the big big bottle and fill my small bottles. Keep one in every bathroom, my bedside table and my desk. But it has replaced all the lotions and potions. Use it from hair to heels...plus on my small daughter...hair to heels for her. Heck- I shmear my chihuahuas to keep their coats glossy too!! Love this product. Stopped short of auto-delivery. I don't do A-D for anything. Don't wants things to pile up and get stale!!

smhr1355584115.953822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA
On 12/14/2012 GoodStuff said:

You've fallen prey to the compulsive purchase syndrome. You keep watching seductive sales presentations for products you don't need and then get lured into buying more.....and more.....and more. Of course, the pitch is that it will make you beautiful, make you feel good, make everyboody notice you, change your life. Really? Do you think? I can't speak for or against this particular product, as I haven't purchased any, but whether it's useful or not, it's unlikely to be really world-shaking.......and at any rate you don't need gallons and vats of the stuff, do you? Stop watching. Stop buying. Set yourself free!

Set yourself free {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I'm going to have to borrow that quote {#emotions_dlg.laugh}!

knittybitty1355585447.07412 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008

Thanks ladies! Yes, I use argan oil for everything. I am not one for butters or balms. I use it on my face, body, on my toes and heels every morning and night, it's great for little baby bottoms. I add it to the ends of my hair. My kids use it. Oh, and I find it better than hand lotion. Yes, pricey, but so very worth it for me. Not all products work for everyone.

Mirage081355586439.732813 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

That's the one "down side" to auto delivery lol. What I've done is gift any extra stuff that I have for Christmas. Works out wellSmile and clears me out for new goodies{#emotions_dlg.lol} and saves me some money since I don't have to go out and buy additional items. I try to "monitor" my auto deliveries and delay/skip shipments as needed.

GoodStuff1355589075.89714552 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008
On 12/15/2012 smhr said:

You've fallen prey to the compulsive purchase syndrome. You keep watching seductive sales presentations for products you don't need and then get lured into buying more.....and <em>more.....</em>and <em>more.</em> Of course, the pitch is that it will make you beautiful, make you feel good, make everyboody notice you, change your life. Really? Do you think? I can't speak for or against this particular product, as I haven't purchased any, but whether it's useful or not, it's unlikely to be really world-shaking.......and at any rate you don't need <em>gallons</em> and <em>vats</em> of the stuff, do you? Stop watching. Stop buying. Set yourself free!

Set yourself free {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I'm going to have to borrow that quote {#emotions_dlg.laugh}!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} A worthy endeavor! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

GoodStuff1355589422.40314552 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008
On 12/15/2012 susandee said:

You've fallen prey to the compulsive purchase syndrome. You keep watching seductive sales presentations for products you don't need and then get lured into buying more.....and <em>more.....</em>and <em>more.</em> Of course, the pitch is that it will make you beautiful, make you feel good, make everyboody notice you, change your life. Really? Do you think? I can't speak for or against this particular product, as I haven't purchased any, but whether it's useful or not, it's unlikely to be really world-shaking.......and at any rate you don't need <em>gallons</em> and <em>vats</em> of the stuff, do you? Stop watching. Stop buying. Set yourself free!

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Personally, there are certain beauty lines that I have on auto-delivery BECAUSE they SAVE me money by purchasing in kits. I also have multiple bottles of Josie's argan oil on my shelves. In fact, I have four shelves in my closet full of makeup, body and hair products. Many purchased on sale with coupons or through TSVs. Personally, I don't need to be set free from anything because I am being frugal and saving A LOT of money. There are some positive aspects to stashing.

I enjoy have a huge stash to share with friends who might not be able to afford beauty products one month or donate them for military wives baskets or to women's shelters.

My ladies know who to call for their beauty emergencies. I'm like a beauty prepper!

I only need to be set free from sin and I trust that Jesus has that covered.

Sharing with military wives is a good, creative, and generous way to use overstocks of this beauty product. At least it won't go stale and be wasted!

And praise Jesus as the way to True Freedom! Great post. Smile

cammybee1355589629.812079 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009

Hi happilymarriedmom!

Love your attitude and Merry Christmas to you too! The ignore button is a wonderful thing. Some responses just are meant to stir things up because the user likes to argue....

cammybee

Last edited on 12/15/2012

Last edited on 12/15/2012

If it's to be, it's up to me!

sweetpea531355591305.014050 PostsRegistered 10/16/2011
On 12/15/2012 happilymarriedmom said:

Thanks ladies! Yes, I use argan oil for everything. I am not one for butters or balms. I use it on my face, body, on my toes and heels every morning and night, it's great for little baby bottoms. I add it to the ends of my hair. My kids use it. Oh, and I find it better than hand lotion. Yes, pricey, but so very worth it for me. Not all products work for everyone.

I don't think you have fallen into "compulsive shopping syndrome" or at least need any setting free{#emotions_dlg.lol} I have a little stash of Josie's oil and some of her other products but honestly can say that I just may be a tad jealous of your stash!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Aw, I think it's kind of nice to have this kind of problem....too big of a stash!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.......

Angel19481355592236.9034640 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008DFW Metroplex , Tx.

I love her argan oil and use it everyday on my face and hands at night before I go to bed to. Nothing wrong with having a stash of what you love, is there? I have quite a stash of the body butters to, but nothing will go to waste either because I use it everyday.

Cosmetics_­Crazy1355599228.4731094 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
On 12/15/2012 mikki_g said: It happens. I have to sit on my hands some days. But I have the big big bottle and fill my small bottles. Keep one in every bathroom, my bedside table and my desk. But it has replaced all the lotions and potions. Use it from hair to heels...plus on my small daughter...hair to heels for her. Heck- I shmear my chihuahuas to keep their coats glossy too!! Love this product. Stopped short of auto-delivery. I don't do A-D for anything. Don't wants things to pile up and get stale!!

What a great idea! I think I will add some to the WEN mist I use on my two.

Page 2 of 2