Weekend Preview
17 Members and 9010 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Conn. Elementary School shootings

Started 1355504857.317 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355796839.607 by Midnight Shadow

All of us need to start praying really hard. I'm not usually a praying person but I am on my knees about this. K-4 I'm sick to my stomach. One child deceased.

Page 6 of 6
Previous1...3 4 5 6
nutmeg31355672858.4634950 PostsRegistered 6/18/2007NJ
On 12/15/2012 medsec said:

I live in CT and my co-workers and I were horrified to hear of this event. I wonder why we don't hear of these things in Europe? What are we doing or not doing that could stop this insanity? This is beyond horrific and we must do something to stop these shootings.

I have no proof, but I think European countries has tighter gun laws than those in each of our states.

Snow Owl1355674311.7071883 PostsRegistered 10/14/2011
On 12/16/2012 ninjawife said:

I live in CT and my co-workers and I were horrified to hear of this event. I wonder why we don't hear of these things in Europe? What are we doing or not doing that could stop this insanity? This is beyond horrific and we must do something to stop these shootings.

2011 Norway Anders Breivik shoots and kills 77 children at a summer camp

2009 Germany a student shoots and kills 19 at his school and nearby.

Insanity is everywhere

1996 Dunblane, United Kingdom - A gunman kills 16 children and 1 adult.

2002 Erfurt, Germany - A gunman kills 16 people.

2007 Tuusula, Finland - Gunman kills 8 people.

ninjawife1355674492.58315 PostsRegistered 11/15/2011
On 12/16/2012 Snow Owl said:
On 12/16/2012 ninjawife said:

2011 Norway Anders Breivik shoots and kills 77 children at a summer camp

2009 Germany a student shoots and kills 19 at his school and nearby.

Insanity is everywhere

1996 Dunblane, United Kingdom - A gunman kills 16 children and 1 adult.

2002 Erfurt, Germany - A gunman kills 16 people.

2007 Tuusula, Finland - Gunman kills 8 people.

The students in Dunblane were kindergarten students.

elated1355675946.24582 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

The more I hear about this horrific tragedy, the more questions I have. The first question is why did the principal just institute the buzz in policy two weeks ago? Why was the policy not done at the beginning of the school year? Was there trouble that was not communicated? I just think there is a lot more that the public is not being told about this tragedy.

I heard a teenager last night talking to CNN host and he told him that all was heard over the intercomm. The children heard the shooting and the screaming coming from the front office. He said he had a 9 year old sister that went to the school. He was waiting outside the school to get her. He said it was about twenty minutes after the occurrence.

They said that all the shootings occurred between 9:36 A.M. - 9:38 A.M. I don't know how a parent could cope with this loss. Very very sad.

Snow Owl1355676195.221883 PostsRegistered 10/14/2011

Oh that is horrible, ninjawife. They're just babies.

I can't even watch the news about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of everyone affected by this tragedy.

kcladyz1355676268.24035 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

no offence but I am sick of the billion threads on this.

Snow Owl1355676407.941883 PostsRegistered 10/14/2011
On 12/16/2012 elated said:

The more I hear about this horrific tragedy, the more questions I have. The first question is why did the principal just institute the buzz in policy two weeks ago? Why was the policy not done at the beginning of the school year? Was there trouble that was not communicated? I just think there is a lot more that the public is not being told about this tragedy.

I heard a teenager last night talking to CNN host and he told him that all was heard over the intercomm. The children heard the shooting and the screaming coming from the front office. He said he had a 9 year old sister that went to the school. He was waiting outside the school to get her. He said it was about twenty minutes after the occurrence.

They said that all the shootings occurred between 9:36 A.M. - 9:38 A.M. I don't know how a parent could cope with this loss. Very very sad.

I think they were already having problems with Lanzo, and decided to heve it installed.

SilentDance1355676419.76314822 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 12/16/2012 lovestoteach said:

shoekitty... I agree with everything you wrote... it is amazing to me that so many kids have parents who don't take proper care of their kids...

A young man once said he was under the impression that all teachers had guns in their desks at school! WHAT? Can you imagine? I have students who have an uncanny ability to know where I keep EVERYTHING in our classroom... trust that the students would not get hold of a gun there? no way... of course, I was stunned and told this young man "Absolutely no guns are in this school kept by teachers." Imagine what in the world those kids think?

Maybe they are thinking about some of the teachers who have to go into horrific school environments in some US neighborhoods, and how some of these teachers wish they had protection.

There are no longer safe havens anywhere.

:(

CAshopper2­0111355676481.853483 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
I'm on the West coast and struggling with this as well. I dot wan to just "stop thinking about it " and "stop reading about it" as my husband suggests. I am trying to comprehend how this can happen and if there is anything that we as a society can do to prevent this. Gun control isn't the solution as I see it. No matter the change of gun laws, the shooters mother would have had access to legal firearms and seemed to be quite the gun proponent. She (as a mother) taught her sons to use these guns that she legally owned. People claim that she was a good mother, but I still wonder what support we offer parents of children who seem "disturbed". If they are severely troubled to the point of being institutionalize we have programs to serve them. But what about these "off" loner types that seem smart but troubled... What does our society offer to these families as help? All of the past decade of shooters in our country seem to be similar - good families, not violent kids, but a little odd... There are a lot more of these boys out there!

katkitty1355679811.074729 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Every child/teen/young adult that has massacred in school/malls/theatres etc have All been on psyc meds. Abrupt violence and suicide is a known side effect of these meds. Even the mass shootings in strict gun ban countries like Finland the shooter was on meds.

Connecticut is one of the states that have the most strict gun control laws preventing the law abiding from being armed to respond to situations like what happened in Newtown.

In Switzerland 1 in 2 citizens has guns and has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Very Interesting:

List of school shootings known to be linked to SSRIs:

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

Peter R. Breggin, MD - Antidepressants & Suicide - Congressional Testimony

Congress has already held hearings regarding the link from anti-depressants and acts of extreme violence. They know there is a problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SBJfZtB_3cc

*************Violent Acts Associated with fluvoxamine treatment:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC167189/

Violence, suicide & antidepressants:

http://www.encognitive.com/node/886

SSRI linked to suicide & violence

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/drugs-medical/ssri-suicide-akathisia.html?utm_expid=3607522-0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatreallyhappened.com%2F#.UMvnhv2-zis

In Israel only one mass shooting occurred in a school and their answer was to arm the teachers:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/israeliteacher.jpg

Hasn't been an incident since.

Texas school where teachers carry guns prepared to protect students:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/14/4486104/texas-school-where-teachers-carry.html

colliegirls1355680124.8336516 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012
On 12/16/2012 kcladyz said:

The way many people deal with stress is to talk about it.

Lucky Charm1355680584.9936399 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

What a pigheaded statement. 'no offence'

Life's a beach!

Retired081355709653.125323 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

I don't read threads that I'm not interested in. You should try it.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

firstclass­intl1355709747.133006 PostsRegistered 1/15/2006

I'm sick of people who can't spell.

guatmum1355711809.4372854 PostsRegistered 10/24/2008
On 12/16/2012 katkitty said:

Every child/teen/young adult that has massacred in school/malls/theatres etc have All been on psyc meds. Abrupt violence and suicide is a known side effect of these meds. Even the mass shootings in strict gun ban countries like Finland the shooter was on meds.

Connecticut is one of the states that have the most strict gun control laws preventing the law abiding from being armed to respond to situations like what happened in Newtown.

In Switzerland 1 in 2 citizens has guns and has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Very Interesting:

List of school shootings known to be linked to SSRIs:

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

Peter R. Breggin, MD - Antidepressants & Suicide - Congressional Testimony

Congress has already held hearings regarding the link from anti-depressants and acts of extreme violence. They know there is a problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SBJfZtB_3cc

*************Violent Acts Associated with fluvoxamine treatment:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC167189/

Violence, suicide & antidepressants:

http://www.encognitive.com/node/886

SSRI linked to suicide & violence

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/drugs-medical/ssri-suicide-akathisia.html?utm_expid=3607522-0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatreallyhappened.com%2F#.UMvnhv2-zis

In Israel only one mass shooting occurred in a school and their answer was to arm the teachers:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/israeliteacher.jpg

Hasn't been an incident since.

Texas school where teachers carry guns prepared to protect students:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/14/4486104/texas-school-where-teachers-carry.html

"Preventing the law abiding from being armed to respond to situations like what happened in Newtown?!" And who exactly do you feel should have been "armed to respond?" As a teacher, I can tell you I will NEVER agree to carry a gun. If a community feels that in danger, it should hire armed security guards, people licensed to carry and USE guns. BTW, the guns used in this horrific crime WERE the possessions of a "law abiding" citizen, the shooter's mother. Arming the general population won't do a thing to prevent something like this.

BTW, for people who may have posted earlier before details were truly known, the school has had a security camera and buzz-in routine for 4-5 years, not a few weeks.

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Sooner1355714215.98315179 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/14/2012 Luvmycats said:

Just sickening- There are simply no words-Soooo sad!

Gun violence is a HUGE problem in this Country and they need to be banned-

Every school needs people who are trained and armed to protect everyone in it from the criminals who do things like this.

Lucky Charm1355714899.696399 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

Well obviously gun control is going to go into full speed ahead.

We need to toughen laws, for those convicted of murder using a firearm, put them in front of a firing squad.

For those who own them legally and they somehow get into the wrong hands, prison for life. Perhaps owners will keep theirs under better lock and key. Don't worry, the jails won't be as crowded now as more states legalize pot and potheads.

We also need to look into whether this kid was on 'drugs' and I mean prescription drugs, cause if he was, guess what people, they weren't working. Sooo many kids/teens on prescription drugs nowadays. All these diagnosis now they were unheard of when I was growing up.

Life's a beach!

wackers1355715914.3937032 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007SW

I can't comprehend why any private citizen owns a high impact automatic assault rifle that were originally designed for the military ................... that was the only gun he used according to the latest reports on CNN. He had two others with him but the coroner has said all shots were from this rifle.

I see no reason for anyone outside of the military and possibly squat teams to have access to them.

I have prayed constantly for the parents ............. how do they ever come to terms with their little ones dying this way. I have been seriously depressed all weekend ........... it's so painful to think about.

wackers1355715915.187032 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007SW

Sorry again .......... my computer is double posting again which is really annoying!

Last edited on 12/16/2012

Last edited on 12/16/2012

Retired081355719749.8175323 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia
On 12/16/2012 wackers said:

I can't comprehend why any private citizen owns a high impact automatic assault rifle that were originally designed for the military ................... that was the only gun he used according to the latest reports on CNN. He had two others with him but the coroner has said all shots were from this rifle.

I see no reason for anyone outside of the military and possibly squat teams to have access to them.

I have prayed constantly for the parents ............. how do they ever come to terms with their little ones dying this way. I have been seriously depressed all weekend ........... it's so painful to think about.

Wackers I agree with you. I can't stop praying for these families. Those poor babies were shot multiple times with that rifle. I fervently pray that God had his arms wrapped around those little bodies so that they did not feel fear or pain when all of it happened.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

Midnight S­hadow1355796839.6466 PostsRegistered 2/17/2008
On 12/14/2012 nytengale1 said:

It's absoutely terrible.

My neighbor's son is a MAJOR accident waiting to happen. He's now 11 and has been in behavioral support classes since starting school. He has an obsession with guns and was diagnosed with a "lack of empathy." So many red flags.

How many times does a tragedy like this need to happen for people to realize that we need to get these nutjobs off the street BEFORE this happens?

I would go to your County Health & Social Services Agency and let them know about your concerns for this child. He may not be getting the services he needs if there is a mental health issue. It is important you let someone know. They will keep it confidential. Your discernment in what you see...and letting someone in the health & social services area know, may be what could prevent a future atrocity. Too many of us see something and don't say anything...We all need to change that way of thinking. We are not trying to hurt or inter fear in other's lives....we have to look at it a helping...Don't be afraid...just do it for his sake. His parent(s) may not know what to do...or be in denial or just does not have the discernment with the situation. With the recent tragedy, we all need to help one another...even if it makes us uncomfortable. Maybe even just speaking to a teacher in his school. Someone has to be made aware for his sake and for other's.

"Be Blessed" and I'm praying for you, and for this child and his parent(s)...Praying that you will find the courage and that you will be given the knowledge and wisdom on who it is you need to share with about this young boy and also what it is you need to say.

MidnightShadow

Page 6 of 6
Previous1...3 4 5 6