Guaranteed Delivery
117 Members and 15443 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Conn. Elementary School shootings

Started 1355504857.317 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355796839.607 by Midnight Shadow

All of us need to start praying really hard. I'm not usually a praying person but I am on my knees about this. K-4 I'm sick to my stomach. One child deceased.

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next
morganjen1355504934.0272725 PostsRegistered 11/25/2004

I heard about this. Tragic

<a href="http://www.kltv.com/story/20345707/school-shooting-reported-in-newtown"> kltv.com/story/20345707/school-shooting-reported-in-newtown</a>

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Last edited on 12/14/2012

jewelsluvs­beauty1355505252.5472481 PostsRegistered 1/18/2009

prayers for all involved. Sickening, crazy people these days, what are they thinking.

KatCat11355505640.76317486 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I wish these crazy people would kill themselves and leave everyone else alone. It is happening all to often now. In the news every other day lately. My prayers go out to the innocent people involved. Such a tragedy.

katkitty1355506673.444736 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Every place this happens it is in a designated 'gun free zone". Schools, malls , movie theatres etc.

The deranged coward attackers know that no one can or will fight back and they can do as they please. It isn't just here in the U.S. that these things are happening all too frequently. Just read in China, a man stabbed 22 children outside a school classroom.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

I agree. If an unstable person wants to off themselves, there is no need to take other innocents with you. That speaks more to rage and an emotional vendetta of some sort than just their own suicide.

Too many copykats of the worse kind.

Tricolor1355506674.3335344 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

I just heard that several children were killed. Someone has to put an end to this. There is too much of this anymore. These sickos have to copy each other. Most of the time, they take the cowardly way and kill themselves too. Prayers to all of the families.

65 year old
Blonde highlights
Dry skin and hair

Emy1355506726.0834064 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Silver Spring, Maryland

Just heartbreaking.

Lokipoki1355507127.91727 PostsRegistered 6/25/2012
OMG!!! What is this world coming to?.. Those poor children!!


shwarma1355507208.0071057 PostsRegistered 8/14/2008
America has a total break down of a family unit. If you read your news from large cities across this great country we have gun violence every night. Young children who get their hands on guns just left out for them. No one is happy ... You turn on the tv and all you hear is yelling, name calling, blame the other person..it is an unhealthy environment for our dear children. Praise to the teachers at the school. Their responsibility this morning is overwhelming!,!!

nytengale11355507655.781224 PostsRegistered 8/22/2009PA

It's absoutely terrible.

My neighbor's son is a MAJOR accident waiting to happen. He's now 11 and has been in behavioral support classes since starting school. He has an obsession with guns and was diagnosed with a "lack of empathy." So many red flags.

How many times does a tragedy like this need to happen for people to realize that we need to get these nutjobs off the street BEFORE this happens?

nytengale1

iPod1355508162.1769 PostsRegistered 5/23/2005

So far 18 children have died.

wakefield641355508263.18725392 PostsRegistered 10/22/2006

They are saying the death toll is 27 with 18 of them being children. I am praying for the families.

upallnight11355508376.563882 PostsRegistered 3/21/2005the frozen tundra

26-27 dead, at least 18 children. I'm a recently retired elementary school teacher, and believe me, teachers are NOT trained for this. We have "lockdowns" and emergency drills, but no training on how to handle the psychological end of this.

One alleged shooter dead, another person in custody who may have been a second shooter.

upallnight1

hot pink, sunshine yellow, nectarine, flamingo, hemp, crimson, tortoise jewelry...happily anticipating these upcoming Linea colors!

nantucket ­shore1355508888.85669 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

I just don't understand it at all...innocent kids.

So sad and just heard there are lots of parents who don't know where their children are yet.

Ladyjenn1355509108.382233 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

25 people killed. I grew up there.... people really are insane. Innocent children dead for nothing. Can't even go to school anymore.

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
45 yrs old, Northern CA
Ladyjenn

olewoman1355509213.8232120 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008only my friends

It is sad that our schools,shopping centers and movies are not safe because of a few crazy or just plain evil do not want to even call them a human being.

Even on this forum there are some mean evil people.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Last edited on 12/14/2012

cactusgal1355510767.97204 PostsRegistered 12/28/2011Some place you don't want to be.
On 12/14/2012 navy0412298 said:

It is sad that our schools,shopping centers and movies are not safe because of a few crazy or just plain evil do not want to even call them a human being.

Even on this forum there are some mean evil people.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Plain Evil is not the word for this Son of Satan,hope he is burning in H*** right now. As for the Children They are in thier GLORY. My Heart goes out to all the Parents I know how they fill, I have also lost a child.

Help I've fallen and I can't get up!!

Luvmycats1355511076.194727 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

Just sickening- There are simply no words-Soooo sad!

Gun violence is a HUGE problem in this Country and they need to be banned-

Last edited on 12/14/2012

elated1355512131653 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

It just makes me cry to think innocent children and adults were killed for no reason. What I can not understand is that the parents of these killers are not aware that their son or daughter is mentally unbalanced. Are parents so far removed from their children that they do not see the problem??? It always makes me wonder what motivates these people to just kill for the joy of killing---somewhere down the line something was wrong and overlooked by those around them. Just like the Columbine case, where the parents were surprised about the arsenal their sons had in their rooms??? Really!!!! I think we need to educate our children about the dark side of life. Also, I think the schools need to allow the teachers to carry guns or have at least guards with guns. I know this sounds crazy but it would make these killers think twice if they knew they could not enter these schools without severe consequences. The shooter was 24 years old and had a vest and four guns. Where are the gun laws???

I pray for each of these parents that have lost their son or daughter. Very sad.

katkitty1355512737.0134736 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007
On 12/14/2012 elated said:

I think the schools need to allow the teachers to carry guns or have at least guards with guns. I know this sounds crazy but it would make these killers think twice if they knew they could not enter these schools without severe consequences.

Michigan just did that.


Michigan State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools,
day care centers, stadiums, churches
Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the state House on
Thursday evening, allowing highly trained gun owners to carry
their concealed weapons in formerly verboten places, such as
schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches.

With every horrific story reported about some deranged clown(s) shooting random innocent people, there are hundreds of stories not being reported of armed law abiding citizens who thwart crime and stop a perp while they are attempting and doing dastardly deeds. Usually only the negative evil is reported and not the good.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

JB1355513353.35522 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005

This is unbelievable. Why do these crazy people have to take down others? Just kill yourself if that's what you want to do. Why take others with you.

I feel so sorry for the parents/families. I am keeping everyone in my prayers. Maybe it's time we stop broadcasting this. I know it's news and it needs to be done but maybe that's what these crazy people want...their 15 minutes of fame.

Be kind. You never know what someone else is going through.

firstclass­intl1355513910.713006 PostsRegistered 1/15/2006

I'm speechless. So incredibly sad.

Ladyjenn1355513997.7572233 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

It was a school teacher's son, he killed her students. Had argument with principal, put it on loudspeaker so teachers could hear, so some of them had least got a chance to lock their doors and hide children, then he shot principal and started going class room to classroom.

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
45 yrs old, Northern CA
Ladyjenn

imaclothes­hog1355514032.9322398 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

Of course no one can predict when something like this will happen or know of anything that could have prevented it. However the problem here is not guns, or gun control, or semi-automatic weapon control, or violence or video games. There are many many people that own all types of guns, play violent video games, experience violent acts, suffer abuse, etc. and they do not commit crimes like this.

The problem here is lack of mental illness diagnosis and identification and the lack of getting people that are mentally disturbed, help and treatment. We need more funding for mental health programs and treatment and remove the stigma of mental illness so that people can get the treatment they need so that things like this are less likely to happen.

People try to understand why things like this happen.... and it is simply because an individual is very very mentally ill and is untreated.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Last edited on 12/14/2012

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

KittyLouWho1355514194.06326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 12/14/2012 Amphitrite said:

Of course no one can predict when something like this will happen or know of anything that could have prevented it. However the problem here is not guns, or gun control, or semi-automatic weapon control, or violence or video games. There are many many people that own all types of guns, play violent video games, experience violent acts, suffer abuse, etc. and they do not commit crimes like this.

The problem here is lack of mental illness diagnosis and identification and the lack of getting people that are mentally disturbed, help and treatment. We need more funding for mental health programs and treatment and remove the stigma of mental illness so that people can get the treatment they need so that things like this are less likely to happen.

People try to understand why things like this happen.... and it is simply because an individual is very very mentally ill and is untreated.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

And is able to acquire firearms far too easily.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

Emy1355514228.4034064 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Silver Spring, Maryland
On 12/14/2012 katkitty said:
On 12/14/2012 elated said:

I think the schools need to allow the teachers to carry guns or have at least guards with guns. I know this sounds crazy but it would make these killers think twice if they knew they could not enter these schools without severe consequences.

Michigan just did that.


Michigan State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools,
day care centers, stadiums, churches
Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the state House on
Thursday evening, allowing highly trained gun owners to carry
their concealed weapons in formerly verboten places, such as
schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches.

With every horrific story reported about some deranged clown(s) shooting random innocent people, there are hundreds of stories not being reported of armed law abiding citizens who thwart crime and stop a perp while they are attempting and doing dastardly deeds. Usually only the negative evil is reported and not the good.

This has to be done. No way public schools will continue without taking this extreme measure. As for me, if I had a child in public school, I would be picking them up right now. I would have to do this. And I'd have to home school.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next