10 Members and 16735 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What is your favorite face mask?

Started 1355455637.537 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1356324648.573 by feline fine
replies

I am on the hunt for a new one. List of ones I have tried and loved; proactiv refining, queen helene mint mask, clean start lemongrass mask, lush blueberry and garlic masks, and dermalogica sebum clearing and moisture masks. Thanks for any recommendations.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
JeanLouise­Finch1355456088.53712995 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

C. Booth Calming Tomato Peel Mask. It's a 4 oz. tube for $10 on drugstore dot com It's a gentle, but deep cleaning mask. It is a pinkish color and does stain the washcloth, but it washed out fine.

C. Booth also has a Volcanic Mud Mask but I think that one is for people with excess oil.

Ignore User#1 of 61
quesolvr1355457078.893232 PostsRegistered 9/9/2011
On 12/13/2012 JeanLouiseFinch said:

C. Booth Calming Tomato Peel Mask. It's a 4 oz. tube for $10 on drugstore dot com It's a gentle, but deep cleaning mask. It is a pinkish color and does stain the washcloth, but it washed out fine.

C. Booth also has a Volcanic Mud Mask but I think that one is for people with excess oil.

Thank you! I think my local drug store carries that brand. I am going to check tomorrow. I would use both depending on how my skin is acting. Even the one for oily skin on my nose and the other on the rest of my face.

Ignore User#2 of 61
catlvr1355457850.735855 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005

Philosophy The Great Mystery is my favorite. It's quick and easy and very effective. It's also very soothing somehow.

catlvr

Ignore User#3 of 61
babyb1355460181.3874721 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006SD
On 12/13/2012 quesolvr said:
On 12/13/2012 JeanLouiseFinch said:

C. Booth Calming Tomato Peel Mask. It's a 4 oz. tube for $10 on drugstore dot com It's a gentle, but deep cleaning mask. It is a pinkish color and does stain the washcloth, but it washed out fine.

C. Booth also has a Volcanic Mud Mask but I think that one is for people with excess oil.

Thank you! I think my local drug store carries that brand. I am going to check tomorrow. I would use both depending on how my skin is acting. Even the one for oily skin on my nose and the other on the rest of my face.

May I ask which drug store? I hate paying shipping and handling.

Thanks!

Ignore User#4 of 61
KatCat11355467172.14718217 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

Origins charcoal mask is great for cleaning out pores. I believe it's called Clear Improvement (I don't have it in front of me). They sell it in two sizes so if you decide to try it out, buy the small one.

Ignore User#5 of 61
D Oro1355467747.8374114 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011Knock Knock, USA

Boscia Black Mask.

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Last edited on 12/14/2012

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
-- Coco Chanel

Life is too short to spend hoping that a perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart.---Kevin Aucoin

Ignore User#6 of 61
JeanLouise­Finch1355474471.23712995 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 12/13/2012 babyb said:
On 12/13/2012 quesolvr said:
On 12/13/2012 JeanLouiseFinch said:

C. Booth Calming Tomato Peel Mask. It's a 4 oz. tube for $10 on drugstore dot com It's a gentle, but deep cleaning mask. It is a pinkish color and does stain the washcloth, but it washed out fine.

C. Booth also has a Volcanic Mud Mask but I think that one is for people with excess oil.

Thank you! I think my local drug store carries that brand. I am going to check tomorrow. I would use both depending on how my skin is acting. Even the one for oily skin on my nose and the other on the rest of my face.

May I ask which drug store? I hate paying shipping and handling.

Thanks!

drugstore dot com often runs percent off sales and they ship free on a $25 order. For me, that not too difficult to come up with.

Ignore User#7 of 61
Beautybyte­sbyCC1355487103.082464 PostsRegistered 11/21/2011
On 12/13/2012 catlvr said:

Philosophy The Great Mystery is my favorite. It's quick and easy and very effective. It's also very soothing somehow.

catlvr

Me too. This one clears up blemishes/soothes dry skin/is great for after a ddy put in extreme weather....

Ignore User#8 of 61
Iwantcoffee1355487721.7433148 PostsRegistered 11/28/2006

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Mask most moisturzing product I have ever used on my face. Love it!

I don't care for all of her products that I have used but this mask is a winner.

Ignore User#9 of 61
katkitty1355488883.134755 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Light Exfoliating Mask - June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Mask & MyChelle Fiesta Fruit Peel

Moisture Mask - MyChelle Hydrating Cactus Mask & June Jacobs Mandarin Moisture Mask

Ignore User#10 of 61
JJL12341355492414.53727 PostsRegistered 10/24/2012

Aztek Secret Indian Healing Clay (Whole Foods - $6.99) - Scoop

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar- Scoop

Organic Raw Honey - Scoop

This is a really good and cost effective masks.

I also use La Mer's Hydrating Facial every 3-4 weeks. The cost between the two are polar opposite, obviously.

Ignore User#11 of 61
Maltese Ba­bies1355498855.151622 PostsRegistered 7/19/2008
On 12/14/2012 CCBeauty said:
On 12/13/2012 catlvr said:

Philosophy The Great Mystery is my favorite. It's quick and easy and very effective. It's also very soothing somehow.

catlvr

Me too. This one clears up blemishes/soothes dry skin/is great for after a ddy put in extreme weather....

I absolutely love this product. Use it several times during the week. The Great Mystery is one of Philosophy's best. It is soothing and it does soothe dry skin


Ignore User#12 of 61
dal1355499037.3633702 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Indiana

I'm another vote for the philosophy great mystery mask; I've used it for literally YEARS and keep coming back to it after trying other things....it's so quick and easy and works great!! No matter what my skin seems to be going through; an oily breakout phase or dry phase it still works through it all!!

Ignore User#13 of 61
Tricolor1355502321.7235631 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

Borghese Fango Mud Mask for Sensitive Skin. If you check Cosmeticamerica, they always have good deals on this. I believe that SHOPNBC now has it too. It is great for dry skin and really gives a smooth finish.

65 year old
Blonde highlights
Dry skin and hair

Ignore User#14 of 61
TAZZY1355502388.523751 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Ahava mud mask and Tumerc mask from Garden of Wisdom.

Ignore User#15 of 61
Lucky charm1355502556.437894 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

Isomers has an awesome mask from the R Pure line. I leave in on forever. All those goodies sinking in. Love the way my skin looks after rinsing. SNBC.

Life's a beach!

Ignore User#16 of 61
Himi lover1355505183.827918 PostsRegistered 2/27/2010Eastern PA

I'm really liking the Body Shop's vitamin E enriched face mask for dry skin, I don't tissue off just leave it on - awesome, and Exfolikate - love this too.


Nic for my "beautiful, blue point, peke-faced, blue-eyed Himalayan cat"

Ignore User#17 of 61
Windycity1355508964.061074 PostsRegistered 4/15/2005

Glamglow! I use the two different types and they are the very best I have found in years and years!

http://www.glamglowmud.com/

Actually registered and a poster since 2004 ~

Ignore User#18 of 61
Jonesi1355509198.99767 PostsRegistered 4/10/2010

I recommend Aubrey organics green tea & green clay rejuvenating mask. It is heavenly, cleanses your pores and leaves your face moisturized @ $8 at Vitamin Shoppe. No artificial ingredients.

Ignore User#19 of 61
naturalfan1355517801.884445 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

Mario Badescu has a number of masks for various needs that I like. I particularly like the Whitening Mask and the Drying Mask. Compared to many cosmetic lines, Badescu is not all that expensive. Emminence Organics has a fabulous Hungarian Mud Mask. That line is pricey but I love that particular mask.

Ignore User#20 of 61
Shelbelle1355518609.39336501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Skinn Deep Pore Vacuum Mask, SSC Glycolic, and Isomers Amazonian Clay

Ignore User#21 of 61
Southernfr­iedchick1355520281.0037957 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007

Gommage/SSC

Ignore User#22 of 61
Nightowlz1355521658.07310569 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/14/2012 Shelbelle said:

Skinn Deep Pore Vacuum Mask, SSC Glycolic, and Isomers Amazonian Clay


I like Isomers Amazonian Clay mask too. My pores looked smaller after the 1st use. Works great for spot treatment on zits. I still get those dreaded hormonal breakouts here & there.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Ignore User#23 of 61
firstclass­intl1355522571.5973006 PostsRegistered 1/15/2006

GlamGlow has two and they are both amazing. The new 'Super Mud' is fantastic.

I just received the Tumeric Mask from Garden of Wisdom and after using it this morning, I am VERY impressed.

Love Ole Henriksen's Firm Action mask is wonderful on my skin, too.

Paula's Choice hydrating mask is great and so is L'Occitane's Immoretele Cream Mask - both work wonders on dry or sunburnt skin.

Aztec clay - nothing beats it, a bit time consuming but so worth it. Last time I used it, I added jojoba oil to the mix and it was even more amazing.

Isomers Amazonian Clay mask is wonderful, too.

Ignore User#24 of 61
Iwasrina1355522870.2135363 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 12/14/2012 JJL1234 said:

Aztek Secret Indian Healing Clay (Whole Foods - $6.99) - Scoop

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar- Scoop

Organic Raw Honey - Scoop

This is a really good and cost effective masks.

I also use La Mer's Hydrating Facial every 3-4 weeks. The cost between the two are polar opposite, obviously.


ITA! I did an Aztec Secret & Braggs ACV mask yesterday. I should've added MANUKA honey too. Thanks for the reminder.

It's a great, great mask. Best ever!

Ignore User#25 of 61
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next