New Holiday Decor
103 Members and 16889 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What is your favorite face mask?

Started 1355455637.537 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1356324648.573 by feline fine

I am on the hunt for a new one. List of ones I have tried and loved; proactiv refining, queen helene mint mask, clean start lemongrass mask, lush blueberry and garlic masks, and dermalogica sebum clearing and moisture masks. Thanks for any recommendations.

Page 3 of 3
cupcake131355901105.781898 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Kentucky
On 12/19/2012 mistriTsquirrel said:
On 12/19/2012 Cupcake13 said:
On 12/19/2012 ennui said:
On 12/13/2012 quesolvr said:

I am on the hunt for a new one. List of ones I have tried and loved; proactiv refining, queen helene mint mask, clean start lemongrass mask, lush blueberry and garlic masks, and dermalogica sebum clearing and moisture masks. Thanks for any recommendations.

Hockey, a la Jason, from Friday the 13th.

LOL!

Mistri, have you tried a simple Stridex pad daily? Sometimes price doesn't = value.

Yeah...I used to use those when I was younger. They don't seem to produce the results I'm looking for these days. My skin became problematic in my mid-20s, and I've been dealing with adult-onset acne, dry patches, large pores and generally congested skin ever since. Every once in awhile I'll happen upon something inexpensive that is nice, but most of the drugstore stuff I've tried has done little or nothing for my skin. I do like St. Ive's scrub though...and I use oils on my face that aren't too expensive.

ALPHA HYDROX! Affordable and effective. I started with the Retinol ResQ and Glycolic Souffle. Too much at once. I continued with the Retinol ResQ and about a year later added the Glycolic Souffle. Seriously changed my skin!

Yes, I do rely on AHAs to help keep my skin clear. Right now I'm using some cream I got from T.J. Maxx (Glycoderma), and Avon Glycolic Peel Pads. If I didn't have AHAs, my face would look awful.

Seriously, try the Alpha Hydrox brand! I swear by it!

mistriTsqu­irrel1355901321.47310639 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

LOL!

Mistri, have you tried a simple Stridex pad daily? Sometimes price doesn't = value.

Yeah...I used to use those when I was younger. They don't seem to produce the results I'm looking for these days. My skin became problematic in my mid-20s, and I've been dealing with adult-onset acne, dry patches, large pores and generally congested skin ever since. Every once in awhile I'll happen upon something inexpensive that is nice, but most of the drugstore stuff I've tried has done little or nothing for my skin. I do like St. Ive's scrub though...and I use oils on my face that aren't too expensive.

ALPHA HYDROX! Affordable and effective. I started with the Retinol ResQ and Glycolic Souffle. Too much at once. I continued with the Retinol ResQ and about a year later added the Glycolic Souffle. Seriously changed my skin!

Yes, I do rely on AHAs to help keep my skin clear. Right now I'm using some cream I got from T.J. Maxx (Glycoderma), and Avon Glycolic Peel Pads. If I didn't have AHAs, my face would look awful.

Will do... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

...I really liked that mask they used to have. ::sigh::

Heartburn Can Cause Cancer -- www.ecan.org

cupcake131355902000.9531898 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Kentucky

LOL!

Good luck!

Give it time and don't quit it too quickly if you have a bad reaction at first. I always experience break-outs for the first week of a new product. I would suggest the Retinol ResQ first. Then when you get adjusted to that, add the Glycolic Souffle. I tried both at once, and it was just way too much, and I really think I have tough skin that can take a beating! lol

rockymtnsk­yr1355903519.44200 PostsRegistered 1/15/2012

The first thing that came to mind was a paper bag! Forgive me, it's late. St Ives Clay Mask does a good job. Just be wary, it's green in color, a tad martian-like! (Actually, that paper bag might come in handy if someone shows up at your door unannounced!)

cupcake131355903751.31898 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Kentucky
On 12/19/2012 rockymtnskyr said:

The first thing that came to mind was a paper bag! Forgive me, it's late. St Ives Clay Mask does a good job. Just be wary, it's green in color, a tad martian-like! (Actually, that paper bag might come in handy if someone shows up at your door unannounced!)

A JOKE: I bought some condoms and the clerk asked me, "would you like a bag?" I replied, "No, she's not that ugly."

rockymtnsk­yr1355903839.23200 PostsRegistered 1/15/2012
On 12/19/2012 rockymtnskyr said:

A JOKE: I bought some condoms and the clerk asked me, "would you like a bag?" I replied, "No, she's not that ugly."

That's a good one!

cupcake131355908678.871898 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Kentucky

LOL!

Mistri, although you are one of my favorite posters, I hate to see you on here. You are young and younger than most on here, and you really should be out, or in my case at your age, crying alone...maybe I didn't think this post through...Sorry!. lol

helping11356283702.9731401 PostsRegistered 7/18/2010

I tried a clay mask the other day, but I think that my skin actually looks worse ;) Perhaps I should skip the face masks and try products with glycolic as the active ingredient.

Over 40. Combo/sensitive skin. Tendency to get eczema.

corita1356309235.0832381 PostsRegistered 8/20/2012
On 12/13/2012 catlvr said:

Philosophy The Great Mystery is my favorite. It's quick and easy and very effective. It's also very soothing somehow.

catlvr

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Two votes for the Great Mystery. I use it about three times a week and really like it! It is not too strong or complicated... rub it on face/neck/chest (it turns white) leave on for several minutes, get in shower and rinse!! Quick and easy!!

feline fine1356323826.2073178 PostsRegistered 9/4/2012where Phillies fans rule

I have been using this one since my 20's, and at 49 I still LOVE it: Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Purifying Clay Mask. I buy it Amazon.com. 8-)

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

feline fine1356324648.5733178 PostsRegistered 9/4/2012where Phillies fans rule

LOL!

<br /> Seriously, try the Alpha Hydrox brand! I swear by it!

Was it the Alpha Hydroxy Seaweed Mask? If so, it's available at Amazon.com. You also might wish to see if Ebay has it.

Holla for the Holidays!Smile

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3