TSV(R) Preview
31 Members and 12960 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What skin care line did you notice (I mean really notice) a big diff. in your skin?

Started 1355361565.24 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355637015.207 by fanb

I keep thinking........and thinking...... and

okay, well really I have never seen a OH MY GOSH after months of using a line, I'm still waiting for that and I think that's why I keep trying new things. I used Perricone over 18 months and really didn't see any diff. in my skin (and I used it day and night...NO FAIL) - this was over a year ago but that is just an example.

Right now I am using the SSC Glycolic kit at night - been using it for 3 weeks now, even the Gommage....Same story - I don't see any change or improvement or glow in my skin like all the reviews claim

I guess I just want to hear about your WOWS, something you are so happy you tried or even an entire line you are very happy with.

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next
Oneanddone1355362050.355849 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'm very happy with the StriVectin line. I have been using it since 2004. They launched their line in 2002, and I was always curious about the line and decided to give it a try.

I haven't been without it since.

My skin looks great and I'm very happy with the skin care line and the results!

beauty jun­kie1355362214.348081 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006Ft Laud

I wish I could say after the thoudands I have spent that I found something that made a difference but sadly no. I do admitt to changing things up often but have given some lines enough time and saw no big change.Used Philosophy for a few years and never became makeup optional.lol

The Rainbow Bridge-we do not remember days,we remember moments!!

MopsyGirl1355362275.772571 PostsRegistered 2/15/2008

I don't think it's a particular line that worked for me, but a few really great products. Interestingly, it hasn't been the most expensive things I've tried, either. Retinol, glycolic acid, good cleansers.

Daysdee1355362365.74717961 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Dr. Denese's line. However, her last TSV didn't seem to help (of course I'm older). I thought PTR made a good difference. Now I'm using Philosophy's MW line and their Full of Promise items. Dr. D. seems to be getting phased out of QVC.

Sandgirl1355362407.1936916 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 12/12/2012 beauty junkie said:

I wish I could say after the thoudands I have spent that I found something that made a difference but sadly no. I do admitt to changing things up often but have given some lines enough time and saw no big change.Used Philosophy for a few years and never became makeup optional.lol


ME TOO!! That's why I wanted to ask :(

priusgal1355362437.527618 PostsRegistered 2/27/2010Eastern PA

Perricone -I've had good luck with his line.

Rizzles11355362486.1421 PostsRegistered 4/1/2012

Went out on a limb last spring and bought Adrienne Arpel's Signature Club A Vitamin C 22 piece kit (on HSN-sorry QVC!). Omigosh, have never seen anything make such a noticable difference in my skin. Her products are targeted to women over 40 but I see a lot of posts from much younger women raving over it. I never saw so many 4 and 5 star ratings on a product line which is what made me say 'what the heck' and try it. I am waiting for the double-up kit I just ordered to arrive (2 each of the day, night and C serum capsules + a bunch of extras). The packaging is a bit on the cheap side and the makeup is not for me (am a diehard Geller girl) but the skin care products are wonderful especially if you're on the dry side. I'm combination but no bad reactions and my skintone and texture have improved a lot. She offers a LOT of large and small combination kits and several lines such as an Argan oil line and others. The vitamin C line gets a ton of raves. The creams and capsules are worth every penny:)

Also, last year I started using one of the exfoliating gadgets--not Clarisonic, it's too expensive for me. I got the Neutrogena one for about $20 and it works great.

Last edited on 12/12/2012

Last edited on 12/12/2012

sissy011355362609.25182 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
Im really loving Dr Dennis Gross vitamin c serum.

squeezebox1355362644.255466 PostsRegistered 2/17/2008Land of oz!

PTR (retinol fusion & unwrinkle night) and Dr D (hydroshield, daycream and retinolmax) for me!

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Sassenach11355362712.24421 PostsRegistered 12/3/2005
There are very few products that have made a big difference in my skin. The most important one is Retin-A. SPF is crucial, but I have only been using it daily for about 10 years. My skin is pretty dry. The other two products are Creme de la Mer and Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This is my daily routine with products that do make a difference for me.

Sandgirl1355362825.326916 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 12/12/2012 Rizzles1 said:

Went out on a limb last spring and bought Adrienne Arpel's Signature Club A Vitamin C 22 piece kit (on HSN-sorry QVC!). Omigosh, have never seen anything make such a noticable difference in my skin. Her products are targeted to women over 40 but I see a lot of posts from much younger women raving over it. I never saw so many 4 and 5 star ratings on a product line which is what made me say 'what the heck' and try it. I am waiting for the double-up kit I just ordered to arrive (2 each of the day, night and C serum capsules + a bunch of extras). The packaging is a bit on the cheap side and the makeup is not for me (am a diehard Geller girl) but the skin care products are wonderful especially if you're on the dry side. I'm combination but no bad reactions and my skintone and texture have improved a lot. She offers a LOT of large and small combination kits and several lines such as an Argan oil line and others. The vitamin C line gets a ton of raves. The creams and capsules are worth every penny:)

Also, last year I started using one of the exfoliating gadgets--not Clarisonic, it's too expensive for me. I got the Neutrogena one for about $20 and it works great.

Last edited on 12/12/2012

I have never looked at here stuff cause I thought it would be way to heavy for my combo (aging) breakout prone skin. I have to agree, her makeup does nothing for me, not even tempted - love LG and BE as well :) Humm, I think I will at least take a look at this, it wasn't even on my radar!! Thanks for sharing!

Lucky Charm1355362831.285315 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

Isomers, my skin drinks it in. I use the creams, not so much the serums. Love anything R Pur. Have tried all the other mentions so far except the strivectin line.

Hope you find something that makes you happy.

Life's a beach!

Sandgirl1355365240.386916 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 12/12/2012 Lucky Charm said:

Isomers, my skin drinks it in. I use the creams, not so much the serums. Love anything R Pur. Have tried all the other mentions so far except the strivectin line.

Hope you find something that makes you happy.


I use the Retiniacian daily/nightly and my skin does soak it in, just never seen a huge diff. ONLY item I am on autoship for.

Problem is Isomers (I would love to use that line) SO MANY LITTLE BOTTLES, I have no clue what to use or buy, seems like so much (sorta like SSC) I like the fact that Isomers does not use fillers or oils and such.... safe for breakout prone skin

Just wish Iknew what the heck to use, way to many products :(

bikerbabe1355365522.9177814 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007

honestly, i think listening to too many product pitches only makes us have unrealistic expectations of skincare products. obviously your skin shouldn't look worse (LOL) and if you're prone to dryness or prone to acne, your skincare needs to address these issues. but i'm honestly not sure how to answer when someone is asking for something to make a big difference. how big is big? LOL. and depending on your age and skin issues, your skin might already be in decent shape. the better your skin, the less anything is going to be noticeable.

I take pleasure in my 'transformations'. I look quiet and consistent, but few know how many women there are in me.
- Anais Nin

classof591355365641.1871071 PostsRegistered 4/30/2009

Perricone

Rainbows a­nd Roses1355366386.4318279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Caudalie I think has really helped my skin........I started using about one month ago samples. I really like this line.........no bad chemicals at all.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

FUTURE1355366592.62310821 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
I use several brands, but my main items are Isomers. The only skin issue I've had was acne, which cleared dramatically with the use of BC (pill). I am in my early 30's, so I'm sure I've got more skin issues headed my way, I'm just going down fighting. LOL! I do still get the occasional breakout, and in te winter, my skin gets much dryer (because of wind, which gets really crazy where I live!), but Isomers has really helped. The products of thirs I really love are: Retiniacin, Vit C&E serum, All-In-One face and eye serums, and fast lift eye serum. I also use oils on my face every night (argan, jojoba, and almond work well for my skin, and haven't resulted in breakouts). I also really love the SSC c-extreme results 2step scrub/peel. I've been using that for a few years, and it really helps exfoliate my skin properly. Also, Dr Dennis Gross or PTR peel pads. I realize these aren't all from one line, but this regime has helped so much, I'm sticking with it!!

dionline1355366818.092041 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008Central Florida

My combo skin does well with Paula's Choice BHA serums. Cleansers don't do much besides clean - they don't stay on the skin long enough so I don't spend too much on those. But I use her 2% BHA serum twice daily after cleansing, then SPF in the AM. At night that's all I need and I'm good to go. She also has some geared more toward dry skin. I only hope I get to needing that at some point so I can stop blotting!! But at least my pores are clear now.

cupcake131355366872.761898 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Kentucky

The most difference I've seen in my skin was from Alpha Hydrox products. Especially the Retinol Resq and the Glycolic Souffle. I'm really happy with the price of these items also...BUT, I just got a free sample of Lancome's Genifique youth activating concentrate on the 7th and already have noticed a huge difference in my skin. I have always had a lot of redness in my skin and although it has been looking better over the past couple of years, in the past few days of using the Genifique, I have absolutely no redness. I almost didn't wear makeup today, but decided to just wear a little. I really hate that I am liking this product so much, because I cannot afford it. If you haven't tried it yet and you can afford it, I think it would be worth checking out.

I did some searching on this board and found a thread where someone said that L'oreal's youth code was a dupe for the Genifique so I'll probably give that a try.

Handbagbli­ss1355367293.1354 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

Obagi has made a HUGE noticable differance in my skin in a short period of time. My coworkers comment all the time and some of them have started using it after seeing my results. It's amazing...and no I don't sell it lol. Just a very happy user of the products.

Sandgirl1355368165.966916 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 12/12/2012 Handbagbliss said:

Obagi has made a HUGE noticable differance in my skin in a short period of time. My coworkers comment all the time and some of them have started using it after seeing my results. It's amazing...and no I don't sell it lol. Just a very happy user of the products.


Where do you start with this line? Do they have "KITS"? Where do you get it and how do I know what to start with for my type of skin?

DiscountDi­va1355368222.717986 PostsRegistered 12/16/2011

Paula's Choice, Alpha Hydrox, and Isomers

Sandgirl1355368225.756916 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 12/12/2012 Rainbows and Roses said:

Caudalie I think has really helped my skin........I started using about one month ago samples. I really like this line.........no bad chemicals at all.


I do like the thought of no chemicals, I've TRIED to go chemical free quite a few times....everything just made my skin breakout badly! (maybe to many natural oils and such)

Lucky One1355368644.6671195 PostsRegistered 7/15/2011
Isomers and PTR

MarLoCat1355369291.6932118 PostsRegistered 9/30/2012

Mario Badescu Great Skincare for all skin types!

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next