TSV(R) Preview
38 Members and 7805 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What skin care line did you notice (I mean really notice) a big diff. in your skin?

Started 1355361565.24 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1355637015.207 by fanb

I keep thinking........and thinking...... and

okay, well really I have never seen a OH MY GOSH after months of using a line, I'm still waiting for that and I think that's why I keep trying new things. I used Perricone over 18 months and really didn't see any diff. in my skin (and I used it day and night...NO FAIL) - this was over a year ago but that is just an example.

Right now I am using the SSC Glycolic kit at night - been using it for 3 weeks now, even the Gommage....Same story - I don't see any change or improvement or glow in my skin like all the reviews claim

I guess I just want to hear about your WOWS, something you are so happy you tried or even an entire line you are very happy with.

Page 6 of 6
Previous1...3 4 5 6
Kathy190781355626962.587216 PostsRegistered 7/29/2010

I have been using Mary Kay for 25 years. Started with the Classic Basic Skin Care (Cleanser, Mask, Freshener, moisturizer and liquid foundation). Then when the TimeWise Miracle Set was introduced I used that (3 in 1 cleanser, day solution with spf and night solution and moisturizer and TimeWise Foundation and also Firming Eye Cream). Just recently this year Mary Kay introduced the TimeWise Volufirm line for advanced signs of aging. Cleanser, day cream with spf, night cream with retinol, firming cream and eye cream. So I recently started using it.

Many times people have told me that I have beautiful skin. I am 63 years old. About a week ago I was at a Christmas Bazaar at my church and 3 people came up to me and said I had beautiful skin. I love the products, and that is why I am also a Mary Kay Consultant. I fell in love with their skin care line, and I could not promote something that I did not believe in.

Kathy190781355626963.27216 PostsRegistered 7/29/2010

I have been using Mary Kay for 25 years. Started with the Classic Basic Skin Care (Cleanser, Mask, Freshener, moisturizer and liquid foundation). Then when the TimeWise Miracle Set was introduced I used that (3 in 1 cleanser, day solution with spf and night solution and moisturizer and TimeWise Foundation and also Firming Eye Cream). Just recently this year Mary Kay introduced the TimeWise Volufirm line for advanced signs of aging. Cleanser, day cream with spf, night cream with retinol, firming cream and eye cream. So I recently started using it.

Many times people have told me that I have beautiful skin. I am 63 years old. About a week ago I was at a Christmas Bazaar at my church and 3 people came up to me and said I had beautiful skin. I love the products, and that is why I am also a Mary Kay Consultant. I fell in love with their skin care line, and I could not promote something that I did not believe in.

itsMe1355629469.83743 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 12/15/2012 Sandgirl said:On 12/15/2012 itsMe said:

What do you recommend starting with? I have contacted Isomers in the past and they just say "go with the All in One" - sounds great BUT if the All in One is all you need then why have all the other products in the line?

I have several products.... got caught up in buying last year (2010-2011), not knowing which to get. I didn't buy anything this year, but am starting to get low on some products, and will order one or two kits in 2013. I'll watch for the specials, as that's the only way to be able to afford this line.

I agree with the All in One regimine.... you get the benefit of many great ingredients without having a million bottles and huge expense. Any other choices depend on your issues. I have some of the matrixyl products, which I like... the advanced and the 20%, and the retiniacin, which I can't tell you what it does. I don't use the retiniacin often. And I'm using up my R-Pur products.

I will definitely repurchase the All In One, and one of the matrixyls. I will probably try the redensify, and would consider repurchasing the R-Pur, if the price is right. I need a simple regimine, and use just one isomers product each for eyes and face in the morning, plua the 100% eye cream, and one each in the evening. The only time I layer is if I use the retiniacin.

Summerfun1355630339.59183 PostsRegistered 1/22/2006

C E Ferulic Serum by SkinCeuticals....it's my crack in a bottle....expensive but worth every penny. I will be 50 in January and am always mistaken for 36!

fanb1355637015.207764 PostsRegistered 3/27/2007
On 12/15/2012 Sandgirl said:
On 12/15/2012 itsMe said:

Sandgirl, I highly recommend Isomers. I have pretty decent skin, and bought a large kit many years ago. I didn't know what to do with it all, and didn't give it a proper chance. Because my skin was good, I didn't see a difference with anything I used back then, unless I was having a bad reaction to it. I didn't react badly to Isomers, just didn't see a difference.

To make a long story short, I didn't use that kit, and ended up throwing most of it away after couple of years. But then, after a few more years, at my wit's end to find something that wouldn't irritate my eye area and that would help, I tried one of their eye serums. It really helped make my eye area look better... could have been just due to lack of irritation, but that's what I needed.

Now, all I use on my whole face is Isomers, along with 100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream. Can I say I see a big difference other than my eye area? No. BUT, I think the line has helped to maintain what I have pretty well. I really wish I hadn't tossed the first kit, and that I had been using this line for the past 10 years instead of the past two or three. I think I'd look better now if I had. (As I said, I don't look bad... I'm 58, and the other day, a 35 year old guy I work with nearly fell out of his chair when he found out that I'm in my 50s. He thought I was mid 40s... but I think I'd look better if I'd been using Isomers since I bought that first kit years ago.)

What do you recommend starting with? I have contacted Isomers in the past and they just say "go with the All in One" - sounds great BUT if the All in One is all you need then why have all the other products in the line?

All in One has a lot of actives at clinically tested levels (see videos on Shopnbc}. This is the foundation of the line and then you can add other actives according to your need. For most younger people, this will be enough. When age takes away our female hormones,most women love the results of R-Pur which is based on soy germ cells and gives a plumpness and "juiciness " . Stem Genesis serum and cream is my favorite as it seems to add an overall glow to my skin. Manuela calls it "the little Swiss Army knife" of actives since it seems to do what you need. Other products focus on other problems. See videos at Shop

I agree that it is very overwhelming and confusing. It seems that all these different products from all companies are there only to get us to buy more. I wish they would make just a couple of killer products with all combined actives that would knock our socks off. In the long run, they would have more loyal customers, but evidently less profit, otherwise they would do it.

I think most products are just moisturizers with fancy names that over promise our hopeful selves. I use Isomers because Manuela sells technology as well as hope. I can look up the ingredients and see if there are real clinicals or just opinions. However. I only buy special values for cost saving. I believe the company really does formulate for best results and has integrity.

The trouble in evaluating products is that our skin can only turnover at a rate slower than we want to see results. So we try products for just 30 days or so and see no great change and move to something new and repeat disappointment. The only way to be an educated buyer is to know what actives are in the product and what they will do. Otherwise, we are buying fantasy and packaging.

Page 6 of 6
Previous1...3 4 5 6