Fall Fashion Days
99 Members and 13274 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

DECEMBER DIVAS : Women of Color

Started 1354381246.96 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1356986555.953 by Ms Virgo

PBJ,

Great! I am glad that the computer is coming. I hope the Dell TSV is a laptop. I don't one an all in one for the desk. My new hair stylist is still great. The last visit she over did it with the spiral curls. I must admit the lady has skills as she spirals with the flat iron. I looked like a teenager and the style was a little too youthful for my taste. I had a satin cap on but still sweated out in my sleep. I was a glad though as I'm using the hot rollers from Remington and it worked out. She is going to do a touch up relaxer next weekend. I will have to let you know how it goes.

Page 23 of 23
Ms Virgo1356894461.251415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 12/30/2012 Mirage08 said:

Moderation plan - love that idea{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} and I'm all for sticking to the brands that you know and love. It's fun to try out stuff but after a while it gets kind of old.

Oh lawd at the BF. That's cool. One tidbit...don't get too caught up in the number on the scale. Notice the changes in your body, how your current clothes are fitting, etc. as you go along your weight loss journey.

Yeah I will go by how my clothes fit and the way my body look to evaluate my weight loss.

Ms Virgo1356894759.611415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 12/30/2012 Tina W said:

Did anyone get the Honeybells? I get them each year though one year the crop was bad. It was not worth the money. I love this fruit. I love grapefruit and tangerines so this just makes sense for me. I am starting back the Caveman diet on Tuesday so I can't wait for my shipment. I like the Kinds bars because it is packed with nut and little salt. I going to Safeway tonight to stock up on some almonds, pecans, walnuts, and fruit for my plan. I want to do more casseroles during the weekday in my meal planning. It helps with everything being in one dish. I do want to work on the purchasing issues in the New Year. I have a stash to throw aways so we buy so many products that don't work as the they claim in the ads. I've done back to doing the DC every two weeks and it is being handled by my stylist. I did do a Hydrathermals treatment today as my hair was so dry. I think my scarf by Lizden is causing knotting in the back edges. Does anyone have this issue with hats or scarves?

<br /> You know I was wondering about the honeybells. I never brought them before. Are they any good? I believe the same year you said you got a bad batch I seen bad reviews about them so I just lost interested in them. I mean on the TV they look good.

I only wear a silk scarf at night. I rarely wear a hat. Are your edges dry in the back? Can you use some type of edge control for your back edges?

PBJ1356897780.136821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 12/30/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 12/30/2012 Tina W said:

Did anyone get the Honeybells? I get them each year though one year the crop was bad. It was not worth the money. I love this fruit. I love grapefruit and tangerines so this just makes sense for me. I am starting back the Caveman diet on Tuesday so I can't wait for my shipment. I like the Kinds bars because it is packed with nut and little salt. I going to Safeway tonight to stock up on some almonds, pecans, walnuts, and fruit for my plan. I want to do more casseroles during the weekday in my meal planning. It helps with everything being in one dish. I do want to work on the purchasing issues in the New Year. I have a stash to throw aways so we buy so many products that don't work as the they claim in the ads. I've done back to doing the DC every two weeks and it is being handled by my stylist. I did do a Hydrathermals treatment today as my hair was so dry. I think my scarf by Lizden is causing knotting in the back edges. Does anyone have this issue with hats or scarves?

<br /> You know I was wondering about the honeybells. I never brought them before. Are they any good? I believe the same year you said you got a bad batch I seen bad reviews about them so I just lost interested in them. I mean on the TV they look good.

I only wear a silk scarf at night. I rarely wear a hat. Are your edges dry in the back? Can you use some type of edge control for your back edges?

<br /> I've never had the Honeybells but they look delicious! They look so juicy.

A wool coat can snag and break your hair off too.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Virgo1356901445.731415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

PBJ: You are right a wool coat will tear your ends and your edges up if you don't protect them. In 2 weeks I plan on get rods in the middle and back with twist on the sides and a little hump thing in the front. Trying to do some low-manipulating hairstyles.

Do any of you ladies do the beauty tube from QVC? I'm just asking I was reading the thread about it. Wondering was it worth it or not. It always look like the same vendors in the tube.

icezeus1356902789.124304 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

Let me try this again. I was booted out for some reason.

Ms Virgo: Keep up the good work with the diet. SMH at the boyfriend, tell him no fair sabotaging your efforts. Like Mirage08 stated, pay attention to how the clothes fit and do not get caught up with the number on the scale.

PBJ: Congratulations on committing to the Compact 2013 agreement. In a way that is feasible for you. I say whatever works for any of us is a plus.

Tina W: I had wondered about the Honey bells. I am not a big orange or hybrid fruit eater. However, I love a good glass of orange juice, and whenever they would squeeze the juice into that glass it made me want to have some in the refrigerator to drink.

I am starting back on my diet on Monday.

I made my last purchase from QVC for 2012. Considering that we only have one more day left in the year that's not a big deal. However, I am really committed to my plan for how I make my purchases for 2013. I purchased the Mr. Lid 14 piece storage set from INTKWD. I need some good storage containers for taking my lunch to and from work. I have a ton of bins and can never find the right size lids for them. It becomes very frustrating. These were Customer picks, and I like how they store in your cabinet (neatly) and the fact that the lids are attached.

Ms Virgo1356903179.441415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Icezeus: I need to check Mr Lids out. Yeah I'm trying to get him to do some type of eating in moderation plan but he swear he don't eat bad and that's a lie lol!!!

I heard from alot of people Jango with Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington and the rest of the cast that it was a very good movie and it's very funny. I'm going to check it out on Saturday.

icezeus1356903490.74304 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

Icezeus: I need to check Mr Lids out. Yeah I'm trying to get him to do some type of eating in moderation plan but he swear he don't eat bad and that's a lie lol!!!

I heard from alot of people Jango with Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington and the rest of the cast that it was a very good movie and it's very funny. I'm going to check it out on Saturday.

My niece is 19 years old and a college student. She went and saw it the day after Christmas. She was torn on it. She said it was a good movie. However, to her slavery is nothing to be made fun of. However, she did say that it was very funny. I think that she was conflicted.

Ms Virgo1356903971.31415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 12/30/2012 icezeus said:

My niece is 19 years old and a college student. She went and saw it the day after Christmas. She was torn on it. She said it was a good movie. However, to her slavery is nothing to be made fun of. However, she did say that it was very funny. I think that she was conflicted.

I heard the same thing it was funny but it was some harsh slavery words and concepts in the movies. You know what I mean!! But everyone said other than that it was funny. So I will see for myself because at first I wasn't interested in it by watching the commercial but then when I got reviews from people I knew I said I will check it out for myself to see what it is about.

PBJ1356904450.5836821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 12/30/2012 icezeus said:

Let me try this again. I was booted out for some reason.

Ms Virgo: Keep up the good work with the diet. SMH at the boyfriend, tell him no fair sabotaging your efforts. Like Mirage08 stated, pay attention to how the clothes fit and do not get caught up with the number on the scale.

PBJ: Congratulations on committing to the Compact 2013 agreement. In a way that is feasible for you. I say whatever works for any of us is a plus.

Tina W: I had wondered about the Honey bells. I am not a big orange or hybrid fruit eater. However, I love a good glass of orange juice, and whenever they would squeeze the juice into that glass it made me want to have some in the refrigerator to drink.

I am starting back on my diet on Monday.

I made my last purchase from QVC for 2012. Considering that we only have one more day left in the year that's not a big deal. However, I am really committed to my plan for how I make my purchases for 2013. I purchased the Mr. Lid 14 piece storage set from INTKWD. I need some good storage containers for taking my lunch to and from work. I have a ton of bins and can never find the right size lids for them. It becomes very frustrating. These were Customer picks, and I like how they store in your cabinet (neatly) and the fact that the lids are attached.

<br /> I'm just going to do the best I can, without guilting myself over spending. I'm just trying to get rid of the excess and downsize. I can't do it in one day-just working on it.

That HoneyBell juice made me drink some of my regular oj today{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. That juice looks delicious!

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina W1356905824.471830 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

The honeybells are really good but it must a good crop. The crop looks better this year from the demos all day on the Q. I've not heard that the crops are bad this year in Florida. They are really juicy which is not an over exaggerated by the vendor. I lean back when I cut it open so I don't mess up my clothes. I've only like I said earlier had one bad crop and I purchased from the Q and also another vendor.

I am going to pass on Django as I watched the interviews on the Next Chapter. I can't watch the whipping of Jaime Foxx and the worst would be Kerry Washington. If I did go, I would need to leave the theater during these scenes. I hate slavery movies as it is too hard to watch. I had to skip a couple of scenes in the Color Purple &. It looked to real. I just hope they both pick up and award or two.

Mirage081356922412.682800 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

PBJ: You are right a wool coat will tear your ends and your edges up if you don't protect them. In 2 weeks I plan on get rods in the middle and back with twist on the sides and a little hump thing in the front. Trying to do some low-manipulating hairstyles.

Do any of you ladies do the beauty tube from QVC? I'm just asking I was reading the thread about it. Wondering was it worth it or not. It always look like the same vendors in the tube.

I had the New Beauty Test Tube and I liked it. I cancelled my AD but thinking about doing it again. If you're not a fan of the vendors or curious about their products then it won't be worth it to you.

Ms Virgo1356957263.3431415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

I had the New Beauty Test Tube and I liked it. I cancelled my AD but thinking about doing it again. If you're not a fan of the vendors or curious about their products then it won't be worth it to you.

Ok thanks! I was just wondering because I seen tarte, algenist, and Ole henriksen, and some other vendors in the tube. If this January tube information is correct it look like a good one to try out.

Ms Virgo1356957352.5371415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Hey Ladies, If you don't mind I can start the January 2013 thread this afternoon about 4pm or 5pm. Just let me know if this is ok with you.

Mirage081356958998.582800 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009
On 12/31/2012 Ms Virgo said:

Ok thanks! I was just wondering because I seen tarte, algenist, and Ole henriksen, and some other vendors in the tube. If this January tube information is correct it look like a good one to try out.

Yea I've gotten stuff from them in the tubes I got. From tarte I got one of their lip surgence. Ole Henriksen the truth serum was in there (which I really liked). Can't remember what the item from Algenist was. I think it was a moisturizer. The one for January has me going hmmmm{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ms Virgo1356959681.511415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Mirage08: lol! Yeah the January one do make me say hmmmm! I think this will presented on the same day as Josie Maran TSV day 1/18/12 I think!

Mirage081356960085.142800 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

Hey Ladies, If you don't mind I can start the January 2013 thread this afternoon about 4pm or 5pm. Just let me know if this is ok with you.

Sounds good {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

icezeus1356973611.044304 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

No Problem.

icezeus1356974115.654304 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

Morning Ladies: I am going to try and ignore the test tube that you are speaking of. I am trying not to bring in any more items into the beauty arsenal. Although, I have been very curious about the Ole Henricksen truth serum.

I am going to finish trying to force myself to finish watching this stupid movie that I rented from Red Box. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. (Why)

Ms Virgo1356986555.9531415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

I started a new thread for January.

Page 23 of 23