Back-in-Stock Fashions
92 Members and 11992 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

DECEMBER DIVAS : Women of Color

Started 1354381246.96 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1356986555.953 by Ms Virgo

PBJ,

Great! I am glad that the computer is coming. I hope the Dell TSV is a laptop. I don't one an all in one for the desk. My new hair stylist is still great. The last visit she over did it with the spiral curls. I must admit the lady has skills as she spirals with the flat iron. I looked like a teenager and the style was a little too youthful for my taste. I had a satin cap on but still sweated out in my sleep. I was a glad though as I'm using the hot rollers from Remington and it worked out. She is going to do a touch up relaxer next weekend. I will have to let you know how it goes.

Page 1 of 23
1 2 3 4 ...23Next
Tina W1354381642.771832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Target has the Neiman Collection on the website now. I am not impressed with the gift selection. Tony Burch, Tracy Reece, and others but nothing caught my eyes. To me some of the items are very pricey and not that great spend the money for this holiday season. The 12 days of Dooneys starts on Monday at the D & B website.

I will check those books out later. I go from one theme of interest in books. I am on the romannce novels right now. I love the inspirational books too. This time of the season is tough with thinking about those who are gone and also just reflecting on the past years. I just need to read something that is not that complicated or thought provoking. Next month, I am sure that I will be on another topic of interest. Romance are kind of comical as we know it does not end up like in the books.

icezeus1354382480.14570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

Hi Divas:

Tina, thank you for starting the new thread. I am playing on the new Laptop right now and loving it.

I need to get motivated and get out of the house. Need to run a few errands, but I am really low on energy today. Besides that just plan on having an easy Saturday. I see JM Is on the other channel, but I don't need anything.

Have any of you ladies ever purchased clothes from Anthony on channel H? When I first started watching, his clothes seemed outdated to me. However, within the past year I find several of his pieces very attractive. Last night I did purchase a High/Low skirt that he had. The coloring was beautiful.

A few months ago he had a TS with these tops. They had an Asymetrical hemline and I purchased one of those as well.

Well ladies, have a great Day

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Tina W1354384194.6071832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009
On 12/1/2012 icezeus said:

Hi Divas:

Tina, thank you for starting the new thread. I am playing on the new Laptop right now and loving it.

I need to get motivated and get out of the house. Need to run a few errands, but I am really low on energy today. Besides that just plan on having an easy Saturday. I see JM Is on the other channel, but I don't need anything.

Have any of you ladies ever purchased clothes from Anthony on channel H? When I first started watching, his clothes seemed outdated to me. However, within the past year I find several of his pieces very attractive. Last night I did purchase a High/Low skirt that he had. The coloring was beautiful.

A few months ago he had a TS with these tops. They had an Asymetrical hemline and I purchased one of those as well.

Last edited on 12/1/2012

I am with you as b4 I did not like any of his creations. I do like the skirt that you picked out and the beaded dress is beautiful. I've not purchased any of his items at this time. I might in the near future. I just want to drop a dress size or two for the beaded number.

Tina W1354384466.371832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

JM on the other channel is so brilliant. I give to her as she is always coming up with more stuff. I love the luggage set today in chocolate but I don't do that much traveling to need anymore luggage at this moment.

Tina W1354384529.8371832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Hi Divas:

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Glad you love your new computer. I am hoping that I did not mess up by holding out for the Dell TSV.

PBJ1354385767.256821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Thanks for starting the new thread, TinaW. New month sneaked up so quickly-forgot it is the 1st. Glad the new stylist is still working out well. Guess I'm just not going to hear from the new stylist I called. I'll figure it out on my own. I'm sure the Dell will be a great deal also. I know you're probably looking forward to it being presented.

Someone started a thread about the MK FFANY bag. Said the design wore off after carrying it for the past month. I know you mentioned you don't carry your bags often so yours might not show wear soon or ever show any wear. Just thought I'd mention it.

Icezeus, glad the computer is working out well. Seems like it's getting great reviews. A few have also mentioned how quick it is too.

I haven't ordered from Antthony, but there was a few maxi dresses of his I really liked. I passed on one even though it was a great price. I have so many, I just couldn't justify another. If it comes back in stock in my size, I may cave.

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Virgo1354402228.9671426 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Thanks TinaW for starting the new thread.

Well I finish putting up all the Christmas stuff. I guess I watch Law and Order SVU and Criminal intent. It's Philosophy day on the Q not interested in anything.

icezeus1354405773.4834570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

Tina W: You are so right. JM, comes up with some sharp travel pieces. I have no excuse to purchase any. I already have a Samantha Brown set that I use for travel that is five days or less and then another set of luggage that I picked up a few years ago in Kohls or Mervyn's that I use for longer trips.

Don't second guess yourself on the TSV. If it would have been right for you then you would not have hesitated to pull the trigger. I am quite sure that the Dell TSV will be a great offer as well.

PBJ: I purchased the skirt from Anthony not only because I liked it, but more importantly it was on clearance and the price was right. :-)

MS Virgo: I have perhaps watched 20 minutes max of the Philosophy shows today. I have fallen out of love with Philosophy. I also find the presentations now to be quite boring. I am going to check out their site the day after Christmas, because last year they had great clearance prices on some of the shower gels. However, the days of me spending the money that I use to pay for their items has passed. I can't when I love Korres and Perlier much more and the prices are so much more reasonable.

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Tina W1354415053.231832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

I decided to get the TSV today as I've got several gift exchanges coming up and I will piece this set out. I got sucked in as I still love the fragrance sets. I am on auto-delivery for the 5 pc set. I decided that I would try Baby Grace with the next shipment. I have it set for Pure Grace as I don't like the AG all the time. It depends on my mood but PG is always a no brainer. It is a fresh and clean scent. I cancelled the skincare products awhile back. I am loving the Kiehl's whipped body butter with soy and honey that Oprah recommended on GMA. She was so right that it will not leave the skin ashey. I use it in the mornings and my skin is still hydrated when I come home. You do not need a lot which is good because without the discount that I rec'd from Deals and Steals the regular price is $50.00. I got it half off. I love the Korres body butter for my hands. The water at work is very hard on the hand so these leave them soft and hydrated. I told you all about my co-worker. She mentioned to me the other day that I will need to replace my bottle soon. I was like what nerve of her and she uses it everytime she comes back from the restroom. I am suprised she does not take it home on the weekends. lol! We are moving to another side of our building at work. I will have a real desk and drawers with locks so I will be able to hide my personal items. I can't wait. She put her fork in my food a few days ago and then asked if she could try my meatloaf. I lost my appetite. I guess so folks never got home training.

Did anyone hear about the KC player that shot his girlfriend and them killed himself? It is so sad as a 3 month old little girl is left without a mother and a father. My heart goes out to the family.

Tina W1354415306.211832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Tina W: You are so right. JM, comes up with some sharp travel pieces. I have no excuse to purchase any. I already have a Samantha Brown set that I use for travel that is five days or less and then another set of luggage that I picked up a few years ago in Kohls or Mervyn's that I use for longer trips.

Don't second guess yourself on the TSV. If it would have been right for you then you would not have hesitated to pull the trigger. I am quite sure that the Dell TSV will be a great offer as well.

PBJ: I purchased the skirt from Anthony not only because I liked it, but more importantly it was on clearance and the price was right. :-)

MS Virgo: I have perhaps watched 20 minutes max of the Philosophy shows today. I have fallen out of love with Philosophy. I also find the presentations now to be quite boring. I am going to check out their site the day after Christmas, because last year they had great clearance prices on some of the shower gels. However, the days of me spending the money that I use to pay for their items has passed. I can't when I love Korres and Perlier much more and the prices are so much more reasonable.

Last edited on 12/1/2012

I will be there watching for the TS on the southern channel with you. I love the body butters. I do think the shower gels are not as hydrating as L'Occtaine. I found the best lip balm/butter from Kiehl's. It was under $8 and it keeps your lips so moisturized and hydrated. You can get the lip treatment in a jar or a tube. I used to love the lip treatment by Philosphy but too costly.

Tina W1354415347.081832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Is anyone watching Sweetie Pie's tonight?

Tina W1354415347.561832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Is anyone watching Sweetie Pie's tonight?

Ms Virgo1354458790.5771426 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Good Morning Ladies!

Miss Sweetie Pie's last night. Can catch the repeats next Saturday. Sitting here reading my Nook.

Icezeus: I'm with you the deals that the other channel offer with Korres and Periler is way better than Philosophy. I have bad luck buying Philosophy things from the Q. The scent is off, does not last long, and it's way overpriced I just don't get it. Every Time I go into Ulta or Sephora I try on the products that's in the 16 or 24 oz bottles and they smell so good and the scent last. I just went into Ulta last week and put some of the inner grace lotion on my hands and it was wonderful. I'm interested in getting some inner grace items but I'm waiting on a sale at the skin store or somewhere. I'm using my Keri lotion until Korres have their TS on 12/20/12. I hope it's something good because I will go on AD for it.

I don't think theres nothing else I will be purchasing from the Q for the rest of 2012 unless it's a deal and I doubt that will be happening lol. It's time for me to focus to pay NY&C out this month and make my first payment on this laptop. Anything else I want I wll buy if its a deal and buy locally to save on S&H. I will be going to MAC tomorrow!!Wink

I just watch some YouTube videos on this computer and I love the sound and screen. No buffing!! lol I'm happy with my purchase.

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Ms Virgo1354459035.2231426 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 12/1/2012 Tina W said:

I decided to get the TSV today as I've got several gift exchanges coming up and I will piece this set out. I got sucked in as I still love the fragrance sets. I am on auto-delivery for the 5 pc set. I decided that I would try Baby Grace with the next shipment. I have it set for Pure Grace as I don't like the AG all the time. It depends on my mood but PG is always a no brainer. It is a fresh and clean scent. I cancelled the skincare products awhile back. I am loving the Kiehl's whipped body butter with soy and honey that Oprah recommended on GMA. She was so right that it will not leave the skin ashey. I use it in the mornings and my skin is still hydrated when I come home. You do not need a lot which is good because without the discount that I rec'd from Deals and Steals the regular price is $50.00. I got it half off. I love the Korres body butter for my hands. The water at work is very hard on the hand so these leave them soft and hydrated. I told you all about my co-worker. She mentioned to me the other day that I will need to replace my bottle soon. I was like what nerve of her and she uses it everytime she comes back from the restroom. I am suprised she does not take it home on the weekends. lol! We are moving to another side of our building at work. I will have a real desk and drawers with locks so I will be able to hide my personal items. I can't wait. She put her fork in my food a few days ago and then asked if she could try my meatloaf. I lost my appetite. I guess so folks never got home training.

Did anyone hear about the KC player that shot his girlfriend and them killed himself? It is so sad as a 3 month old little girl is left without a mother and a father. My heart goes out to the family.

Yeah your co-worker do not have any home training. I can't believe she put her fork in your food!! WOW!! Yeah I been reading up on the KC player!! Just sad I pray for all parties especially that baby!!

naleiarenee1354463569.231618 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011OhIo

Hey Divas !!

Thank U TinaW ,for a new thread!

I passed on the Philosophy TSV-but it did look like a good deal and I liked that there was a big variety of normal sized items in the kit (instead of a few giant SS ones) !

icezeus1354478001.6334570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 12/1/2012 Tina W said:

Last edited on 12/1/2012

I will be there watching for the TS on the southern channel with you. I love the body butters. I do think the shower gels are not as hydrating as L'Occtaine. I found the best lip balm/butter from Kiehl's. It was under $8 and it keeps your lips so moisturized and hydrated. You can get the lip treatment in a jar or a tube. I used to love the lip treatment by Philosphy but too costly.

Where do you purchase your Kiehl's from. I am in search for a good hydrating lip blam. I looked on e-bay and amazon, but I was not sure if those prices were good or not.

I did hear about the KC player that was party to the Murder/Suicide. I feel for the baby.

icezeus1354478730.6474570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

MS Virgo: I have so many body lotions and butters it's just ridiculous. I could easily not buy anymore and probably would be just fine for the next two years. I have some sort of shower gel/lotions/body butter addiction that has not been diagnosed.

I just came home from church and I am watching the Vitamix Presentation. No, I am not buying. (LOL) I always start watching the items that I am going to buy in the future to learn more about them and such. I am definitely picking this up next year sometime. It's sad when you have a future shopping list. Next years must haves for me are the Vitamix and that Bethlehem Christmas tree that you can put together in about 40 seconds. :-)

Well, I am about to strech out on the couch with my nook. Reading a somewhat boring book at the moment. I belong to a book club at church. We meet once a month in the evening have dinner and discuss the selection. This one is a yawn. It has a good message but a yawn nevertherless. I want to hurry up and finish so I can get back to reading my Robin Cook book.

Mirage081354479820.2632926 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

Ms. Virgo - glad your shadow sticks finally arrived!

PBJ1354480514.2276821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

DP. Computer angry at me.

Last edited on 12/2/2012

Last edited on 12/2/2012

PBJ1354480675.7336821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Hey everyone!

Just finished watching Sweetie Pies.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

TinaW-NO HOME TRAINING. Actions like that could get a person hurt. And for a coworker to tell you you need to replace your lotion soon-some nerve.

It is sad about that KC player. What possibly could have been so horrible in life to lead him to snap and do something like that?

I have a ton of body butters and lotions right now so that's why I'm not sure about ordering the Korres. The Kiehls Soy and Honey sounds good but I'm hesitant to get hooked on a pricey product. The Oprah deal that was offered that day was a good one. I passed though.

I wish Q would have more TSV's that aren't so pricey all of the time. Bose, HP, Vitamix-can't even think about treating yourself with those big ticket items. At least H has some resonably priced TSV's.

Have to check on the status of my computer. Glad everyone seems to be enjoying theirs.

Mirage081354484714.82926 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

Something is going on with football players. There have been quite a few that have taken their own lives recently. You just never know what someone is going through. I ddin't know about the part of him killing his girlfriend until I was watching one of the pregame shows today. Sad situation all around.

Tina W1354485081.5731832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009
On 12/2/2012 PBJ said:

Hey everyone!

Just finished watching Sweetie Pies.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

TinaW-NO HOME TRAINING. Actions like that could get a person hurt. And for a coworker to tell you you need to replace your lotion soon-some nerve.

It is sad about that KC player. What possibly could have been so horrible in life to lead him to snap and do something like that?

I have a ton of body butters and lotions right now so that's why I'm not sure about ordering the Korres. The Kiehls Soy and Honey sounds good but I'm hesitant to get hooked on a pricey product. The Oprah deal that was offered that day was a good one. I passed though.

I wish Q would have more TSV's that aren't so pricey all of the time. Bose, HP, Vitamix-can't even think about treating yourself with those big ticket items. At least H has some resonably priced TSV's.

Have to check on the status of my computer. Glad everyone seems to be enjoying theirs.

I know that the Q's have gotten more pricier in the last couple of years. I know that the other station had the kindle today and it make it very affordable for customers. I think it had free shipping. I've got a Nook so I was not interested in another reader. I love Barnes and Nobles and not really a big fan of Amazon. It was doing very well as 1/2 the quantity was gone b4 noon. Yes, I don't know what to do with her and I think at 38 yrs of age. You should know better but I guess not in this case.

Tina W1354485179.7431832 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

I got groceries, bought yesterday's TSV and purchased some K-cups from Green Mountain. That is all I'm spending this weekend.

icezeus1354494887.7674570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 12/2/2012 Tina W said:

I got groceries, bought yesterday's TSV and purchased some K-cups from Green Mountain. That is all I'm spending this weekend.

I purchased some K-Cups from Keurig last week. I received them yesterday and they sent me a free 4 BOX count of something called Vitamin Burst Iced Fruit Brew. I was not expecting it. I can't wait to try it out once it's warmer.

icezeus1354495287.3934570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

PBJ: I received my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds video yesterday. I used it this afternoon. It was not bad at all. This is something that I can do. Today, I am starting my trying to eat better routine and starting to exercise on a consistent basis. I also did 25 squats.

Hopefully, you will get your unit tomorrow. Keep us posted. Also, they have a great tutorial video section available for us to watch once you set it up.

Page 1 of 23
1 2 3 4 ...23Next