TSV(R) Preview
126 Members and 16121 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Diamax by Nioxin hair volumizer

Started 1351255075.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1351278453.453 by moonstone dunes

Was at my Beauty Salon yesterday for a cut. Was speaking to the hair dresser about my baby fine thin sparse hair.

She mentioned this product to me,and said she used it. She also has thin hair,and said it worked well for her.'

Would love to find out what stores may carry this?

Also showed me a magazine that did have it in it.

Just did a search found,it with a couple of reviews. Well looks like a great product.

Am anxious to try it. However did want to check with anyone here that uses it?

Looking forward to getting any comments?

Thanks, lovestodance

Page 1 of 1
luvmypupz1351255956.0974979 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I have gone through 1 bottle of it and I want to think it made my hair fuller but it may just be wishful thinking on my part. I do feel like it is helping enough that I got a new bottle of it.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

katkitty1351261286.894665 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Haven't used the Diamax but I do use Nioxin occasionally, with other shampoos. I found Nioxin shampoo kind of weighs my hair down if I use it everyday tho.

The only places I have seen any Nioxin products including Diamax hair volumizer would be at a professional beauty supply, and sleekhair dot com. Sleekhair dot com is where I purchase gallon sizes of Nioxin shampoo & conditioner.

If you sign up for emails, they send out discounts, coupons, and notify of sales. They don't spam or bombard you with them.

Shelbelle1351261511.31332775 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I was part of a focus group when this first came out, was sent a free bottle to use. Still using it, but absolutely no results, sorry to say.

Last edited on 10/26/2012

Last edited on 10/26/2012

Shelbelle1351261548.532775 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Lots of alcohol in this product.

Shelbelle1351262100.8332775 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

There are plenty of Diamax listed on ebay.

michlady11351262357.811493 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007SE Michigan

I know nothing about this product but I found something, thanks to a poster here, that is working for me.

It's TRESmesse 24 hr Body Blow Dry Lotion. Due to meds my hair is getting sparse at the crown and this has really helped. I shampoo, use a leave-in conditioner then spray the lotion at the roots and blow dry. My hair looks fuller and holds a style for about 2-3 days. I have a shelf full of products that did nada but this stuff is great for me.

Go Red Wings!!

lovestodan­ce1351262418.674801 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 10/26/2012 Shelbelle said:

Lots of alcohol in this product.

Your reply got me attention. Am trying to avoid alcohol in my hair products.

However am disappointed with replies from all that did try it.

Guess i will stick to my NC Flocker,and JA root lift.

Thanks to all who replied.

lovestodance

lovestodan­ce1351262637.864801 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 10/26/2012 michlady1 said:

I know nothing about this product but I found something, thanks to a poster here, that is working for me.

It's TRESmesse 24 hr Body Blow Dry Lotion. Due to meds my hair is getting sparse at the crown and this has really helped. I shampoo, use a leave-in conditioner then spray the lotion at the roots and blow dry. My hair looks fuller and holds a style for about 2-3 days. I have a shelf full of products that did nada but this stuff is great for me.

I do like Tresmesse hair spray. Use the one with the gold label.

I had been looking for an Alcohol free one,but hard to find. With also thinking probably would not give the hold i need.

Can't win for losing.....{#emotions_dlg.sad}

lovestodance

lovestodan­ce1351262968.5274801 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

Any using Keranique?Am at a desperate stage and really need to find some good hair products that would work on my very fine,thin sparse flyaway soft hair

Did receive an email for a free trial kit. Just have to pay for shipping.

These offers could cause problems with future orders? I would continue if i see some results.

However if i want to cancel shipment not sure how that works?

Has anyone tried the free trial,and what did you do after?

Hope i am making sense with typing this?

Thanks, lovestodance

GmaJewele1351271147.003119 PostsRegistered 9/27/2012
On 10/26/2012 michlady1 said:

Oh, that was me michlady1. I absolutely love this product! It works better than anything I have ever tried, and it is so inexpensive! I also use the hairspray, the fine mist one. I haven't tried their shampoos or conditioners though. I currently use just baking soda and water to wash with, and Dove conditioner on the ends only. I know a lot of you think the baking soda and water is not a good way to clean, but I've been doing it for a few months now and my hair couldn't be happier or fuller.

michlady11351273741.72311493 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007SE Michigan

GmaJewele

Thank you for the rec!! The TRESemme is the best. I use and love Carol's daughter Monoi shampoo and spray leave in condiitoner and once a week I use the Monoi Hair Mask. My hair has never looked better.

The monoi gives the hair shine and strength and the TRESemme the body and fullness. Use the TRESemme hair spray too. I'm happy{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Go Red Wings!!

Troop_Angel1351275511.835281 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006

Have not used Diamix, but do use the Nioxin 3 part system #3 for normal to thin-looking hair, and I like that very much. I don't think the Nioxin shampoo weighs my hair down. In fact, it's one of the best shampoos I have ever used. The directions say to use all three items every day to see results. Some days, I don't have time for all 3, but my hair still feels and looks better. I really have no desire to use Diamix; I'm satisfied with the 3 part system.

My hairdresser uses Tresmesse volumizing mousse on my hair, and I got some also, and I love it! That does not weigh my hair down as most mousses do.

moonstone ­dunes1351278453.3931824 PostsRegistered 11/6/2011

Has anyone used this? 14-day scalp treatmnet:

Nioxin Scalp Renew Density Restoration 1.7oz

I got this at Marshall's - Haven't opened the package yet. I read that you need to wash your hair daily which I avoid doing due to losing more hair each time I wash.

We should start a Follicle Resoration (Hair Loss) Beauties daily thread (like Shopaholics, etc.)

"Elegance is innate. It has nothing to do with being well dressed. Elegance is refusal" Diana Vreeland

"Crying is for plain women. Pretty Women go Shopping” Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 1