Maxi Dresses
24 Members and 11299 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

No more Tarte on QVC???????????

Started 1351091006.05 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1351207207.227 by glmama
<table id="yui_3_7_2_1_1351041986548_5450" width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"> <tbody id="yui_3_7_2_1_1351041986548_5449"> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1351041986548_5448"> <td id="yui_3_7_2_1_1351041986548_5447">

Dear QVC Friend,

The QVC programming schedule has changed. You recently signed up to receive a Reminder for tarte beauty on Thursday, October 25, 2012. Unfortunately, that airing has been cancelled and no upcoming shows for tarte beauty are currently scheduled.

JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL...........WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT????????

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Page 1 of 2
Leenbrgr1351091287.7135 PostsRegistered 11/22/2006

WOW - I like Tarte too. Hope the reason comes out in future replies to your inquiry. Probably will bring in some new expensive line. I rarely watch Q anymore. Sad to say.

luvmypupz1351091435.794979 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I seriously doubt Tarte is going anywhere. Probably just had to reschedule the show to a later date. They are suppose to be having a TSV coming up in the next month or so.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Lowry831351091474.883300 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

I hope they're not gone for good! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Yes, I know Tarte is available at Sephora, and I live near a Sephora, but QVC offers good deals on kits. I like Maureen and enjoy her presentations.

EDIT - Maybe someone on these boards will let us know if Tarte/Maureen has posted anything about this on Facebook. I don't do Facebook or other social media and don't plan to start now, but at times like this, I am curious to know if anything is posted. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Last edited on 10/24/2012

Last edited on 10/24/2012

willdob31351091487.1938883 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I wonder what happened??? Good thing tarte is easy to get other places.

AngelSlaps­Alot1351095228.843205 PostsRegistered 5/17/2008
I remember this happening recently with bareMinerals when they switched names from Bare Escentuals. I got the same email that there were no longer any Bare Escentuals shows, maybe Tarte is changing something with their name? But I doubt they are going anywhere :)

AlleyCat1351095373.4431434 PostsRegistered 2/7/2007Tornado Alley
On 10/24/2012 AngelSlapsAlot said: I remember this happening recently with bareMinerals when they switched names from Bare Escentuals. I got the same email that there were no longer any Bare Escentuals shows, maybe Tarte is changing something with their name? But I doubt they are going anywhere :)

I agree with this.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

depglass1351095530.80722710 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Someone at QVC should re-word these emails. Its scaring the daylights out of people. The same thing happened with Carolyn Pollack and Judith Ripka. I don't think Tarte is going anywhere.

TheKateMei­ster1351095703.9032241 PostsRegistered 4/25/2012The Land of Pleasant Living

No, no. Remain calm...or perhaps, calm down! Wink I got the same email from the Q concerning a philosophy show - and we know they aren't going anywhere at this point. It is just program rescheduling. No need to panic!

ETA: The reason it says "no upcoming shows" is because they only remind you of shows in the immediate future - I believe a 2-week period or so. So, this really only means no Tarte shows in the next 2 weeks. HTH!

Last edited on 10/24/2012

Last edited on 10/24/2012

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." ~ Wayne Dyer

30-ish; thick, straight hair; combo/oily skin.

Snow Owl1351095809.621827 PostsRegistered 10/14/2011

Whew! I hope tarte isn't going anywhere, I love Maureen's TSVs.

BellaCarro1351097268.7677107 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

That might explain why the Tarte eye cream was available at Ulta. It was supposed to be exclusive to Q for awhile.

Southern F­ried Chick1351097359.4276848 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007
On 10/24/2012 TheKateMeister said:

No, no. Remain calm...or perhaps, calm down! Wink I got the same email from the Q concerning a philosophy show - and we know they aren't going anywhere at this point. It is just program rescheduling. No need to panic!

ETA: The reason it says "no upcoming shows" is because they only remind you of shows in the immediate future - I believe a 2-week period or so. So, this really only means no Tarte shows in the next 2 weeks. HTH!

Last edited on 10/24/2012

WHEW! Girrrl, you're better than a Xanax. Lol

TheKateMei­ster1351097581.1632241 PostsRegistered 4/25/2012The Land of Pleasant Living
On 10/24/2012 Southern Fried Chick said:
On 10/24/2012 TheKateMeister said:

No, no. Remain calm...or perhaps, calm down! Wink I got the same email from the Q concerning a philosophy show - and we know they aren't going anywhere at this point. It is just program rescheduling. No need to panic!

ETA: The reason it says "no upcoming shows" is because they only remind you of shows in the immediate future - I believe a 2-week period or so. So, this really only means no Tarte shows in the next 2 weeks. HTH!

Last edited on 10/24/2012

WHEW! Girrrl, you're better than a Xanax. Lol

LOL Southern Fried! I wish I was better than Xanax...then I wouldn't need it - lol!

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." ~ Wayne Dyer

30-ish; thick, straight hair; combo/oily skin.

Tricolor1351098584.7874943 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

They have a TSV coming in November just cannot remember the date.

64 years old
Retired RMA
Dry medium skintone
Blonde highlights
Dry thick coarse hair

depglass1351099000.34322710 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Maybe the vendor has a schedule conflict. Maybe the featured product for that show hasn't been received in the warehouse yet, or sales were so good last time they are running short. All kinds of possibilities.

KatCat11351103001.70315833 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

That email is not from QVC. I hope it did not have a virus. QVC does not announce a cancelled show - never have, never will.

LipstickDi­va1351103076.06335278 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I seem to remember this happened with Dr. Denese as well.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Ladybug11241351108846.433376 PostsRegistered 3/8/2011

I received the same e-mail. I think I'll wander over to Facebook to see what I can find out. I just took it as a scheduling conflict. I thought the e-mail came from QVC as who else would know that I signed up for notification? I'm gonna check my e-mail as well.

azqfan1351109197.7033509 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004
On 10/24/2012 KatCat1 said:

That email is not from QVC. I hope it did not have a virus. QVC does not announce a cancelled show - never have, never will.

They do if you signed up for upcoming show notices. They have been doing this for years.

TheKateMei­ster1351116687.7172241 PostsRegistered 4/25/2012The Land of Pleasant Living
On 10/24/2012 azqfan said:
On 10/24/2012 KatCat1 said:

That email is not from QVC. I hope it did not have a virus. QVC does not announce a cancelled show - never have, never will.

They do if you signed up for upcoming show notices. They have been doing this for years.

Correct!

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." ~ Wayne Dyer

30-ish; thick, straight hair; combo/oily skin.

KatCat11351123987.18315833 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 10/24/2012 azqfan said:
On 10/24/2012 KatCat1 said:

That email is not from QVC. I hope it did not have a virus. QVC does not announce a cancelled show - never have, never will.

They do if you signed up for upcoming show notices. They have been doing this for years.


Sorry, I did not know that.

LuvsLabs1351132720.5772227 PostsRegistered 7/2/2012

My QGuide says that there is a Tarte show tomorrow 10/25/12 at 8AM PST and 11AM EST. There was supposed to be one on today but there wasn't. I thought she might introduce the new eye cream, which I already got through Ulta.

baby burns1351133098.2338793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

do not panic, iam sure it just means, not this month, how far ahead do they usually give you an update? she is not going anywhere!!

baby burns1351133176.948793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

THIS EMAIL IS FROM OCTOBER!!! DID YOU NOT READ IT???

Sunshine K­ate1351133812.89311666 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
On 10/24/2012 baby burns said:

THIS EMAIL IS FROM OCTOBER!!! DID YOU NOT READ IT???


?????????? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Kate

_Not an ea­sy sale1351134918.8831618 PostsRegistered 9/2/2011
On 10/24/2012 TheKateMeister said:
On 10/24/2012 azqfan said:
On 10/24/2012 KatCat1 said:

That email is not from QVC. I hope it did not have a virus. QVC does not announce a cancelled show - never have, never will.

They do if you signed up for upcoming show notices. They have been doing this for years.

Correct!

Yes, very correct! I was on the sign on 'list'. Also Queen of Posts I was sent the Drrrr. Deeee email stating NO MORE UPCOMING SHOWS, so to me that means -'NO more shows'. I do remember about 2 weeks ago, there were many imitators of knock -offs being sold on ebay! My first` sound bite that her products were not being featured as often, when I read someone asking 'where are the Drrrrr. Deeee shows? If, this is true, in T., I want to buy her older products. Other than the eye products, I can and do have a great skin relationship to (almost) everything. Have a sample of Maran oil from Sephora- did not like. Totally different!!! I know what happened to Philllll. products when sold to a large corp.-everything changed; animal testing in Asia, so I stopped buying over 3 years ago. I wouldn't say I had a geniune following, but when other [hands] take over and there is big pays involved in a sell-out- then things do change, especially the ingred. I have the originals I kept to compare and it it different. I am glad there was this post seen by others. ....sorry for the abbrev., but sometimes it is just that way to explain. I was going to mention THIS later. _Naes.

Page 1 of 2