Creede Silver Sale
123 Members and 11489 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1411946201.443 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 98 of 98
bljed1411243919.097134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Did you reply, because I don't see a post? I think the site is wonky today. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

++Oh yeah I realized and it all disappeared!!!! I was sorry the BM wasn't working. I don't have any of the issues you mentioned with it. I'm wearing it all today in fact. We're just opposites because lines that work for me and not your preference and some that you like and I've tried have been a no-go for me. I was hoping the serum foundation would work because its just so light feeling to me.

There was a post this morning with new products. Three nice body Italian body souffles from LG. A lot of new scents from Philosophy for the holidays, plus two new fragrances. I'm interested.

++I saw that post and am not interested in a single item. I just use dove or whatever to shower with and have no interests in Philosophy body washes any longer. I'm going through JM body butters and I love them. I am waiting to see what she might put together for the holidays.

Still on the fence whether to order the LG B & B tomorrow from Ulta or wait for the kit. I could use everything in the kit. Decisions, decisions. I seem to be using LG B & B, plus BB Teluride most these days.

++If you think you could use everything in the kit that is the way to go. If you don't feel you need anymore products like the lip product, mascara and gold luminizer just grab the foundation for $21. LG does some serious shimmer in many of her products I would be scared of one of her highlighters. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Maybe its some new formula or something??

++Saw that BB has these new "sparkle" cream shadows. Good grief will she quit with the sparkle already????

++I was really tossing around the idea of whether or not to continue with the argan milk or see if I can find something else. I have been using it as my first layer then applying spf moisturizer over it. The thing is that I feel its rather pricey given how fast I go through it. Its $56 at retail for a mere ounce. Josie has a sale and I could get it for $48 and I'm still on auto delivery which is a bit under retail. The Vanicream did not work out. I wish Josie would invent a luxury cream along the lines of this argan milk. Deeply hydrating and without all the junk in it my skin cannot handle due to being sensitive. I guess the key is that her product seems to penetrate into the skin well and helps it stay hydrated longer. yes, I agree experimenting can be more pricey and it was great to come upon this I just feel that I am spending hundreds a year on argan milk. LOL

++BTW had a thought today regarding the Trish ts we got. Well, I was putting some items away in my lace planner, from 6/13. On a whim I pulled out the bronzer and Pink Glow blush and took a good look at them in full daylight. Well they are TOTALLY dried out and all lumpy on top. I tried swatching them but nothing would come off. I then took a knife and scraped off the top layer of each product. Underneath it was softer and the original shade. I honestly do not feel that for the cost of that line those products should be in such poor condition after 15 months. I did not use them heavily, there is pleanty of product left. High end powder cosmetics should not turn like that. In fact I've never had a product do that. I've had powders such as blushes stay beautiful for a 2-3 years. I also had found the ts packaging which I thought I had tossed. I felt very compelled to just return it all. Feeling like the quality may not really be all that great??? My Pink Glow blush is a bit drier than others I own. How is yours? I also am a bit disappointed that the bronzer will have to have shimmer because I cannot separate out the shades. The eyeshadows I have dupes for all of them between Lorac and LM palettes. The lips won't be used but I new that. While I appreciate the Trish techniques I think its unlikely I'll be purchasing much from the line again. Did like her tube mascara.

SilentDance1411298481.69314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/20/2014 bljed said:

Did you reply, because I don't see a post? I think the site is wonky today. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oh yeah I realized and it all disappeared!!!! I was sorry the BM wasn't working. I don't have any of the issues you mentioned with it. I'm wearing it all today in fact. We're just opposites because lines that work for me and not your preference and some that you like and I've tried have been a no-go for me. I was hoping the serum foundation would work because its just so light feeling to me.

--I am willing to try it again before sending it back. I don't see any of the dewiness either that I noticed in videos. My skin might be a little dry these days but not overly dry and I actually thought this would work to my advantage since many state it is not a good product for oily skin. I guess my biggest gripe is how it accentuates everything. I might try it with some spackle too but to be honest first impressions are everything to me and I don't have much hope for it.

There was a post this morning with new products. Three nice body Italian body souffles from LG. A lot of new scents from Philosophy for the holidays, plus two new fragrances. I'm interested.

I saw that post and am not interested in a single item. I just use dove or whatever to shower with and have no interests in Philosophy body washes any longer. I'm going through JM body butters and I love them. I am waiting to see what she might put together for the holidays.

--I am always interested in new Phil fragrances since I feel they are light enough to wear daily.

Still on the fence whether to order the LG B & B tomorrow from Ulta or wait for the kit. I could use everything in the kit. Decisions, decisions. I seem to be using LG B & B, plus BB Teluride most these days.

If you think you could use everything in the kit that is the way to go. If you don't feel you need anymore products like the lip product, mascara and gold luminizer just grab the foundation for $21. LG does some serious shimmer in many of her products I would be scared of one of her highlighters. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Maybe its some new formula or something??

--I ordered from Ulta because I also wanted the OPI nordic pink shade so I was able to use $3.50 coupon plus my $3.00 rewards so I got free shipping anyway. I didn't want to kick myself in a few days. I wear this most lately and really need a full size.

Saw that BB has these new "sparkle" cream shadows. Good grief will she quit with the sparkle already????

--She needs to make her shadows appealing. Sparkle or not, they do not have enough pigment and the texture is awful. Almost like drugstore quality (and I am sure many drugstore shadows are better) at high end prices.

I was really tossing around the idea of whether or not to continue with the argan milk or see if I can find something else. I have been using it as my first layer then applying spf moisturizer over it. The thing is that I feel its rather pricey given how fast I go through it. Its $56 at retail for a mere ounce. Josie has a sale and I could get it for $48 and I'm still on auto delivery which is a bit under retail. The Vanicream did not work out. I wish Josie would invent a luxury cream along the lines of this argan milk. Deeply hydrating and without all the junk in it my skin cannot handle due to being sensitive. I guess the key is that her product seems to penetrate into the skin well and helps it stay hydrated longer. yes, I agree experimenting can be more pricey and it was great to come upon this I just feel that I am spending hundreds a year on argan milk. LOL

--You should stick with what works and try to stock up with sales or maybe at least use it during winter months when most needed and try something else for the warmer months.

BTW had a thought today regarding the Trish ts we got. Well, I was putting some items away in my lace planner, from 6/13. On a whim I pulled out the bronzer and Pink Glow blush and took a good look at them in full daylight. Well they are TOTALLY dried out and all lumpy on top. I tried swatching them but nothing would come off. I then took a knife and scraped off the top layer of each product. Underneath it was softer and the original shade. I honestly do not feel that for the cost of that line those products should be in such poor condition after 15 months. I did not use them heavily, there is pleanty of product left. High end powder cosmetics should not turn like that. In fact I've never had a product do that. I've had powders such as blushes stay beautiful for a 2-3 years. I also had found the ts packaging which I thought I had tossed. I felt very compelled to just return it all. Feeling like the quality may not really be all that great??? My Pink Glow blush is a bit drier than others I own. How is yours? I also am a bit disappointed that the bronzer will have to have shimmer because I cannot separate out the shades. The eyeshadows I have dupes for all of them between Lorac and LM palettes. The lips won't be used but I new that. While I appreciate the Trish techniques I think its unlikely I'll be purchasing much from the line again. Did like her tube mascara.

--I recently used the Leopard planner, my first, and didn't have or see any issues with the makeup. Are they all natural products because if so, that is the risk of this type of makeup? In no way am I defending her line or anyone else but I guess these products are meant to be used daily and not stored. I was always more interested in the planner system than her makeup itself, but it always does look nice when I do apply it.

--I used Pink Glow recently and it was fine but you have had yours longer than I have.

--I feel I have enough makeup. I have some small compacts to throw into my bag from TM and Mac. I won't be buying any new makeup other than a foundation type but I am all set with that too since I found Shiseido BB and LG B & B. The Lancome will be used when I need more coverage although still not sure I am keeping that either. I guess I am tired of putting things to the side and forgetting about them. I don't want to buy any new lipsticks and glosses until I make a real dent in what I have--I'm set for years. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

This makes me laugh in a good way and would love to have a Viper. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2330701927&feature=iv&list=PLOJ72ib0a2owOOJLMXFXA0XdGxk6x-L51&src_vid=vvvgZDPZLrQ&v=x5xgsr4vWEQ

:)

bljed1411306748.337134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I am willing to try it again before sending it back. I don't see any of the dewiness either that I noticed in videos. My skin might be a little dry these days but not overly dry and I actually thought this would work to my advantage since many state it is not a good product for oily skin. I guess my biggest gripe is how it accentuates everything. I might try it with some spackle too but to be honest first impressions are everything to me and I don't have much hope for it.

I'm the same way…first impressions are usually the ones that stick. I hate trying to "make something work". Those end up being the items we never use because its too much trouble. --

You should stick with what works and try to stock up with sales or maybe at least use it during winter months when most needed and try something else for the warmer months.

++After showering this morning my face is so dry its tight. I'm going to just have to keep up with the argan milk. Yesterday it felt good all day. I'm using the Purpose cleanser which has been the best so far. I'm thinking I may need to look into finding another cleanser. Very difficult to find a cleanser that leaves the skin feeling hydrated but actually removes makeup. Even the DHC cleansing oil I had used in the past was too drying. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I think I had used La Roche Posay Tourmaline in the past….will have to look into some of those brands….

-I used Pink Glow recently and it was fine but you have had yours longer than I have.

I have a new Pink Glow and the older one. The older one looked several shades deeper and it caught my eye yesterday. When I scraped off the top layer it looked like my newer one. With all the makeup I've purchased in my life I do truly feel that her powders should not have turned so quickly like that. I know others have complained about some of her other products being dry such as the mascara and Eye Base but I never had that experience. I do feel that the products like the Eye Base and Eye Lift do get dried out on the sooner side so once they're opened its best to use them regularly.

I guess I am tired of putting things to the side and forgetting about them. I don't want to buy any new lipsticks and glosses until I make a real dent in what I have--I'm set for years. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

++It is tiresome when that goes on. It just probably means you have too much to try and get through. The Viper is great but I'd forget and not use items even in something like that. LOL I do like how Tara has the multicolors of them! I'm drooling over the Clarins fall collection. I think I'm over CT except I'm curious about the Love Glow blush. It doesn't look like my local Macys have the Clarins fall line in yet. I wanted to check out items in person but also wanted to purchase while they have the nice gwp going on. The lipstick shade is the only item I'm unsure about….not sure what shade I'd like. I guess I could order items and exchange the lipstick if it doesn't work out. They also have a nice PWP for $40. Tempting because the gloss in the kit looks nice and it includes a full size of the black 3 dot liner.

SilentDance1411459611.514783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

hi bljed,

I received the CT lipstick yesterday. It's a pretty shade but didn't last very long on my lips, actually it came off very fast. Definitely not as creamy as EL Envy.

I really don't think it's worth the price tag of $32.00 and I would much rather buy the EL Envy lipsticks at $30.00. Envy is creamier and lasts longer on me. The downside of Envy was shade selection, although I managed to pick up two shades I like a lot.

I haven't tried CT shadows and probably never will because I have enough shadows. I thought about picking up an eye pencil, but I don't see anything "must have" in this line.

I think I will look into the Clarins dot liner. It's different and at this point I can't purchase same ole, same ole. I pulled out one of Mac lipsticks yesterday and realized that I get the most bang for my buck from Mac and probably should have stopped at Mac and BE last year instead of buying TM and more.

With that said, going to pull out the TM makeup this morning and wear it. I will check closely for any issues like you have.

bljed1411515970.497134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 9/23/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

I received the CT lipstick yesterday. It's a pretty shade but didn't last very long on my lips, actually it came off very fast. Definitely not as creamy as EL Envy.

++thanks for letting me know. I don't believe I'll pick up any of the lipsticks. The shades are just not right for me. Personally I find the selection offered in the US rather poor. I still cannot find my Envy lipstick anywhere. My DD will sometimes sneak off with one of my EL lipsticks. As young as she is she really loves EL lipsticks.

I really don't think it's worth the price tag of $32.00 and I would much rather buy the EL Envy lipsticks at $30.00. Envy is creamier and lasts longer on me. The downside of Envy was shade selection, although I managed to pick up two shades I like a lot.

I haven't tried CT shadows and probably never will because I have enough shadows. I thought about picking up an eye pencil, but I don't see anything "must have" in this line.

++I liked the Uptown Girl shadow palette but have a lot of shadows and with the $52 price tag I feel uncertain. I also am tempted with the Love Glow blush.

I think I will look into the Clarins dot liner. It's different and at this point I can't purchase same ole, same ole. I pulled out one of Mac lipsticks yesterday and realized that I get the most bang for my buck from Mac and probably should have stopped at Mac and BE last year instead of buying TM and more.

++I'm going to buy the Clarins dot liner. I'm hoping perhaps late this week if it is in stock. I'll go check Macys website. Love the neutral eye palette and the lipsticks in the collection get great reviews. I would have ordered online but I could not figure out what shade to order. I also want to see the shadow palette in person. The blushes also get good reviews. Its a nice line.

With that said, going to pull out the TM makeup this morning and wear it. I will check closely for any issues like you have.

++I was going to do a 'face' with the palette tomorrow. I was very annoyed with how crazy dried out my two powder products had become. I saw that Trish has a new crayon that is for face and lips. Looks nice and very packable. lol I wore the mascara this week from the kit. The first day application was very clumpy. The past few days were much better. Lashes were thicker and longer, I liked that. I did find it smudged a bit during the day. The other day I was ready to pack it all back up after scraping those powders. I have older items that have applied well.

bljed1411643302.0237134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- curious if you saw the LG thread and photos of tomorrow's tsv? I'm curious if you ordered it or will! I was able to read shade/product descriptions for the auto delivery and don't think it is that great. THe only thing that changes are the eye shadow duos and lipstick. I cannot imagine getting through so much of the foundation and highlighter to get several shipments of them.

I hope to get out shopping a bit soon but just haven't been able to!

SilentDance1411678164.27714783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/25/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- curious if you saw the LG thread and photos of tomorrow's tsv? I'm curious if you ordered it or will! I was able to read shade/product descriptions for the auto delivery and don't think it is that great. THe only thing that changes are the eye shadow duos and lipstick. I cannot imagine getting through so much of the foundation and highlighter to get several shipments of them.

I hope to get out shopping a bit soon but just haven't been able to!

hi bljed,

I mentioned a few posts back that I purchased the B & B from Ulta. I also wanted the pink Nordic OPI polish and I had rewards, so it worked out well. Actually the package came today and the LG b and b is sitting right next to me. Yay, a full size!!

I decided that I did not need mascara or lipstick or another highlighter. I would have loved the eye shadow because I really like the rome/milan but I had to pass. I think if Ulta didn't have the deal I would have purchased. Anyway, when I saw the price would come to almost $70.00 with shipping I was glad I ordered the Ulta deal.

Did you get the dot liner? I can't wait to hear about it. You know what I would like to check out, the Majorette blush. It looks like it would be perfect for a natural face. It is getting good reviews.

I was checking out the new BB collection, some stuff looks nice.

TM has 20% off now. Everything I got free last time, the dogs chewed..still usable but some chew marks and that makes me sad because I love my prized free stuff. lol I want to check out the new items you wrote about.

bljed1411683420.377134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

hi bljed,

I mentioned a few posts back that I purchased the B & B from Ulta. I also wanted the pink Nordic OPI polish and I had rewards, so it worked out well. Actually the package came today and the LG b and b is sitting right next to me. Yay, a full size!!

++Yes, sorry I recall now you mentioning it…the nail polish triggered my memory. I've been all over the place lately. LOL I really think you did much better with Ulta because the other tsv items just are not needed. Sometimes I rethink things when I add shipping and tax on it.

I decided that I did not need mascara or lipstick or another highlighter. I would have loved the eye shadow because I really like the rome/milan but I had to pass. I think if Ulta didn't have the deal I would have purchased. Anyway, when I saw the price would come to almost $70.00 with shipping I was glad I ordered the Ulta deal.

++I thought the shadow looked red based-the deeper shade.

Did you get the dot liner? I can't wait to hear about it. You know what I would like to check out, the Majorette blush. It looks like it would be perfect for a natural face. It is getting good reviews.

++Have not had time to get to a store. I could have ordered it last weekend and had it by now. :-( Of course I really wanted to check out the lipstick shades first. Now I have to wonder if the store will still have the gwp by the time I get there. It would be a less than gratifying experience to go pick out the items in store and then end up going home and ordering online because I want the free gift!

++Do you mean Bobbi Brown???? I watched the video presentation for her new fall shadow palette and thought the before/afters were lame. Very blah looking IMO. I have MUCH prettier mattes from Tarte. Also people are saying the shimmery "pop" shade in the CT eye palettes don't have fall out.

TM has 20% off now. Everything I got free last time, the dogs chewed..still usable but some chew marks and that makes me sad because I love my prized free stuff. lol I want to check out the new items you wrote about.

+++Well chewed items clearly are not as attractive looking even if they are still usable. I never got the chance to do my full Trish face the other day with the new palette. I did wear her blush from the Face Shaper 1 palette and its very pretty! I want the Crystal Gray shadow stick-again. Might order.

++Tomorrow I hope to get to CVS where they have a giant skincare dept. They sell the Roche Posay Line and I am in dire need of new cleanser. Skin flared again today when I felt embarrassed. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I was also a bit too warm and that usually is the worst part of it. I also wanted to tell you that while I like the Stila brow marker well enough I don't think it would be good for someone with barely any brows. I don't know if I'll repurchase it or not. The shade is perfect but application a little weird. I feel like it stains my skin but perhaps doesn't give the feathered type look LG talks about. I also think it may dry out quickly, sometimes I'm not sure its on or not or if I should push down harder on my skin. At any rate its difficult to describe and I do like it but doubt it will be HG as I had hoped. My brows are naturally on the thinner side and with the tails fading away it becomes increasingly difficult to create a natural look.

Edite to add…need advice for fall lipstick shade. I'm liking Nude Rose, Pink Magnolia and Rosewood……accepting opinions. :-)

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/07/clarins-autumn-2014-rouge-eclat-lipstick-review-swatches.html#lightbox/4/

http://www.londonbeautyreview.com/2013/02/review-clarins-rouge-eclat-age-defying.html

http://www.maggies-makeup.com/2013/03/clarins-rouge-eclat-lipstick-woodrose.html

SilentDance1411689588.48314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/25/2014 bljed said:

hi bljed,

++Yes, sorry I recall now you mentioning it…the nail polish triggered my memory. I've been all over the place lately. LOL I really think you did much better with Ulta because the other tsv items just are not needed. Sometimes I rethink things when I add shipping and tax on it.

++I thought the shadow looked red based-the deeper shade.

++Have not had time to get to a store. I could have ordered it last weekend and had it by now. :-( Of course I really wanted to check out the lipstick shades first. Now I have to wonder if the store will still have the gwp by the time I get there. It would be a less than gratifying experience to go pick out the items in store and then end up going home and ordering online because I want the free gift!

++Do you mean Bobbi Brown???? I watched the video presentation for her new fall shadow palette and thought the before/afters were lame. Very blah looking IMO. I have MUCH prettier mattes from Tarte. Also people are saying the shimmery "pop" shade in the CT eye palettes don't have fall out.

+++Well chewed items clearly are not as attractive looking even if they are still usable. I never got the chance to do my full Trish face the other day with the new palette. I did wear her blush from the Face Shaper 1 palette and its very pretty! I want the Crystal Gray shadow stick-again. Might order.

++Tomorrow I hope to get to CVS where they have a giant skincare dept. They sell the Roche Posay Line and I am in dire need of new cleanser. Skin flared again today when I felt embarrassed. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I was also a bit too warm and that usually is the worst part of it. I also wanted to tell you that while I like the Stila brow marker well enough I don't think it would be good for someone with barely any brows. I don't know if I'll repurchase it or not. The shade is perfect but application a little weird. I feel like it stains my skin but perhaps doesn't give the feathered type look LG talks about. I also think it may dry out quickly, sometimes I'm not sure its on or not or if I should push down harder on my skin. At any rate its difficult to describe and I do like it but doubt it will be HG as I had hoped. My brows are naturally on the thinner side and with the tails fading away it becomes increasingly difficult to create a natural look.

Edite to add…need advice for fall lipstick shade. I'm liking Nude Rose, Pink Magnolia and Rosewood……accepting opinions. :-)

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/07/clarins-autumn-2014-rouge-eclat-lipstick-review-swatches.html#lightbox/4/

http://www.londonbeautyreview.com/2013/02/review-clarins-rouge-eclat-age-defying.html

http://www.maggies-makeup.com/2013/03/clarins-rouge-eclat-lipstick-woodrose.html

bljed,

I like Pink Magnolia best. It's a great neutral shade that can be worn all year round. Strawberry Sorbet is very close looking to Pink Magnolia but a tad lighter. Nude Rose second and probably the best shade for a very natural look but could wash someone out too. Woodrose looks more brownish in the link swatch but doesn't appear so on the models lips, so I would imagine that real lip shade would play a big part in what the shade might look like on. It looks summery too.

Which one do you like best?

bljed1411691702.4937134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I like Pink Magnolia best. It's a great neutral shade that can be worn all year round. Strawberry Sorbet is very close looking to Pink Magnolia but a tad lighter. Nude Rose second and probably the best shade for a very natural look but could wash someone out too. Woodrose looks more brownish in the link swatch but doesn't appear so on the models lips, so I would imagine that real lip shade would play a big part in what the shade might look like on. It looks summery too.

++ Oh good my favorite was Pink Magnolia. Woodrose is tempting. Looks like a neutral rose-sometimes that hint of brown but with more rose is very good for me and makes the teeth look whiter. I love the Nude Rose but agree it might not do much. Of course I was reading bloggers felt the same but found they ended up wearing it more than other shades. It might be good for work. Sort of lipstick that you don't need a mirror to apply. Of course I got to thinking why choose just one??? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1411692982.92314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/25/2014 bljed said:

++ Oh good my favorite was Pink Magnolia. Woodrose is tempting. Looks like a neutral rose-sometimes that hint of brown but with more rose is very good for me and makes the teeth look whiter. I love the Nude Rose but agree it might not do much. Of course I was reading bloggers felt the same but found they ended up wearing it more than other shades. It might be good for work. Sort of lipstick that you don't need a mirror to apply. Of course I got to thinking why choose just one??? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Personally, I think you should get them all. lol Too bad Sephora didn't carry Clarins cosmetics, would have been a good idea to get these during the sale. I also think that is a great price for lip color. I decided to stick with Mac and BE for lip items because this over $30.00 business for a lipstick is ridiculous. I could get another EL Envy during the Sephora sale though.

The Clarins look creamy and remind me of the EL Envy. I think you would be happy with it. Yes, shades like that you can definitely apply without a mirror.

I know there was something I wanted to look at from LG when she returned, but I can't remember what it might be. I will watch the shows.

Edit: almost forgot. I was interested to look into the TM marker liner and I can't believe it's $48.00. Is she out of her mind?

bljed1411733433.767134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Personally, I think you should get them all. lol Too bad Sephora didn't carry Clarins cosmetics, would have been a good idea to get these during the sale. I also think that is a great price for lip color. I decided to stick with Mac and BE for lip items because this over $30.00 business for a lipstick is ridiculous. I could get another EL Envy during the Sephora sale though.

++Wow we're thinking the same thing…..price of some of these cosmetics are getting nutty. I agree that $30+ for a lipstick is just too much. I don't think it costs anywhere near that to manufacture these products. I went onto the Trish site and the shadow stick is $32. I just don't want to pay that and even on sale I'm going to pass. The free gifts are not items I like (except the mascara) so its just not worthwhile to me. Sometimes I look at the kits/tsvs etc and honestly those can be a waste as well. In the past there were often products I ended up not wearing so the savings was very small or not at all. I do know that the Clarins website has run a sale in the past. Shopping when they offer a nice gift is also another option.

The Clarins look creamy and remind me of the EL Envy. I think you would be happy with it. Yes, shades like that you can definitely apply without a mirror.

+++Personally I find the Clarins lipstick shade selection beautiful.

I know there was something I wanted to look at from LG when she returned, but I can't remember what it might be. I will watch the shows.

++Watching the presentation has made me weak..I think the B&B would be great for quick mornings. I would love an illuminator but I just don't know if her's has any little sparkle particles or not.

Edit: almost forgot. I was interested to look into the TM marker liner and I can't believe it's $48.00. Is she out of her mind?

++She lives in a different world than I do.

SilentDance1411821339.89314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/26/2014 bljed said:

++Wow we're thinking the same thing…..price of some of these cosmetics are getting nutty. I agree that $30+ for a lipstick is just too much. I don't think it costs anywhere near that to manufacture these products. I went onto the Trish site and the shadow stick is $32. I just don't want to pay that and even on sale I'm going to pass. The free gifts are not items I like (except the mascara) so its just not worthwhile to me. Sometimes I look at the kits/tsvs etc and honestly those can be a waste as well. In the past there were often products I ended up not wearing so the savings was very small or not at all. I do know that the Clarins website has run a sale in the past. Shopping when they offer a nice gift is also another option.

--That CT lipstick in B perfect is a pretty shade but gone in a minute. I wanted to send it back but I will keep it as a reminder to not buy any more of her lipsticks. lol I was already to send back the BM TSV and couldn't find the receipt this morning. My printer is not working so this will be sent back next week.

--Free is only good if it's useful! Took me years to figure that one out.

--Maybe tomorrow I will go by the mall and check out the clarins. I am also thinking about returning the Lancome Foundation. I am quite happy with LG B and B. This morning I did the 1 minute face. B and B, Telluride blush, one coat Buxom, swipe lip gloss and fast brow.

+++Personally I find the Clarins lipstick shade selection beautiful.

--They are very nice and I would like to check out the magnolia shade.

++Watching the presentation has made me weak..I think the B&B would be great for quick mornings. I would love an illuminator but I just don't know if her's has any little sparkle particles or not.

--See above. It's perfect for me. I did not purchase, did you? The lipstick is always a deal breaker for me and I did not like that shade at all or have many dupes for it.

--It was the brow pencils I was originally interested in but decided against. I am most happy with YBF and I am in the thinking mode of why fix something that is not broken.

++She lives in a different world than I do.

--Me too and while her makeup is nice it is definitely not worth some of those prices. To be fair, cosmetic prices have risen with all lines.

bljed1411831432.9477134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Such a shame the CT lipstick wears off so fast. I've had that happen with some shades I really love and even with glosses. Too much trouble to constantly reapply.

I've been getting good use of the BM tsv. I wore the blush yesterday and am loving the foundation. The gloss has gotten moved around but I am happy with that too. I do a lighter coat of it so its not too deep. Trying to figure out here how to squeeze in a mall trip. Too many other obligations lately but need to return a clothing item. I may try tomorrow if I'm very productive today! I'm anxious to check out the Clarins fall collection. At this point its the only thing on my list. I think my CT interest is over. If I am needing a blush I may try hers because the reviews are so good. The Clarins Milani looks so pretty but I think it may have sparkle particles.

Your quick face sounds good and its just like mine. Liner and eyeshadow seem fussy to me lately. Could be that we are coming out of the summer where we pare down naturally.

--See above. It's perfect for me. I did not purchase, did you? The lipstick is always a deal breaker for me and I did not like that shade at all or have many dupes for it.

No I did not order it. I had to just turn off the tv and forget about it. Luckily I was out and too busy to have much more temptation. I really like the BM liquid and LOVE the brush for application because its not messy at all. Thanks for encouraging me to rethink getting the brush rather than just getting the foundation alone at Ulta. LG B&B tempts me because application is so easy BUT years ago I owned it and did not care all that much for it. I have much drier skin now and honestly think powders simply don't work as well. I don't care how creamy they claim to be! Especially if one gets into layering powders such as adding bronzer and blushes.

Saw L'Oreal Miracle Blur cream blush in a tube that looked interesting. I am going to see if I can hunt it down.

--It was the brow pencils I was originally interested in but decided against. I am most happy with YBF and I am in the thinking mode of why fix something that is not broken.

I say stick with YBF because it works so well for you and has a reasonable cost. You're right all companies have increased their prices. Trish was high to start with but I still do really like her!!! I love her makeup application techniques because they are so suitable for my lifestyle and age. I have yet to fully try the palette we bought. I already paid for it and won't bother to return at this late time. I am over my irritation with the powders that dried but will try to continue to be thoughtful with purchases. Being on hsn has made her much more 'affordable' and I think she's put some nice collections together.

Did you catch the post with the photo of the EL holiday blockbuster? I enjoy looking but the line has burned me out at this point. Even on their website this week the gwp lipstick was Tiger Eye. UGH. I love their lipstick formulas, both Envy and Pure Color Crystal but there are only so many shades that work. I did not even find ONE shade I loved in the Envy and for $30 you should love the color you buy. I like the look of some of their new eyeshadow palettes but they are quite pricey…….

With the upcoming holidays there will be fun stuff to look at but so far Clarins is the only line that has caught my eye lately.

SilentDance1411838290.3714783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/27/2014 bljed said:

Such a shame the CT lipstick wears off so fast. I've had that happen with some shades I really love and even with glosses. Too much trouble to constantly reapply.

--It's a shame really because with the Pink Venus liner (which wears much better) it really is a nice look!

I've been getting good use of the BM tsv. I wore the blush yesterday and am loving the foundation. The gloss has gotten moved around but I am happy with that too. I do a lighter coat of it so its not too deep. Trying to figure out here how to squeeze in a mall trip. Too many other obligations lately but need to return a clothing item. I may try tomorrow if I'm very productive today! I'm anxious to check out the Clarins fall collection. At this point its the only thing on my list. I think my CT interest is over. If I am needing a blush I may try hers because the reviews are so good. The Clarins Milani looks so pretty but I think it may have sparkle particles.

--Good for you! Even if you didn't like anything else the foundation and brush were worth the price although that Mineral veil is very nice and I have it in my "loves" for the Sephora sale. I love the powder mineral veil and having it in compact form makes it better. I can't squeeze in the mall trip either. I've been running around all day and feel like I am getting nowhere fast. I want to transfer my clothes over but will probably wait until next week. I need two days when I don't move from the house to do it. I will do my cleaning tomorrow. I am washing loads of clothes today and too pooped to do anything else.

Your quick face sounds good and its just like mine. Liner and eyeshadow seem fussy to me lately. Could be that we are coming out of the summer where we pare down naturally.

--It's enough and actually with my hair up in a pony tail I look youthful. Just keep repeating...less is better, less is better.

No I did not order it. I had to just turn off the tv and forget about it. Luckily I was out and too busy to have much more temptation. I really like the BM liquid and LOVE the brush for application because its not messy at all. Thanks for encouraging me to rethink getting the brush rather than just getting the foundation alone at Ulta. LG B&B tempts me because application is so easy BUT years ago I owned it and did not care all that much for it. I have much drier skin now and honestly think powders simply don't work as well. I don't care how creamy they claim to be! Especially if one gets into layering powders such as adding bronzer and blushes.

--You have a foundation you like and that is all you need. It's nice to have a compact powder for easy application though..how about just the mineral veil? I saw the models and none of them looked dry or caked nor does it look that way on me and I think that is why I love it. I applied my supergoop under it this morning and it was just enough coverage.

--I also put in my Sephora "loves" the majorette blush. I think this would be very good for natural look days.

Saw L'Oreal Miracle Blur cream blush in a tube that looked interesting. I am going to see if I can hunt it down.

--I will check it out.

I say stick with YBF because it works so well for you and has a reasonable cost. You're right all companies have increased their prices. Trish was high to start with but I still do really like her!!! I love her makeup application techniques because they are so suitable for my lifestyle and age. I have yet to fully try the palette we bought. I already paid for it and won't bother to return at this late time. I am over my irritation with the powders that dried but will try to continue to be thoughtful with purchases. Being on hsn has made her much more 'affordable' and I think she's put some nice collections together.

--It looked good on the dogs too! lol Just don't order any more of her blushes and try to use what you have. I am going to use Trish all next week. I need to alternate my makeup. I've been using Stroke of Light for TIL application and it works great for me.

Did you catch the post with the photo of the EL holiday blockbuster? I enjoy looking but the line has burned me out at this point. Even on their website this week the gwp lipstick was Tiger Eye. UGH. I love their lipstick formulas, both Envy and Pure Color Crystal but there are only so many shades that work. I did not even find ONE shade I loved in the Envy and for $30 you should love the color you buy. I like the look of some of their new eyeshadow palettes but they are quite pricey…….

--Saw it. Nice black case but that is it. Wouldn't it be nice if they threw an Envy into a GWP or PWP or something else newer. They can do better than Fig and Tiger's Eye. I'm so over EL GWPs but I still like using their skincare.

With the upcoming holidays there will be fun stuff to look at but so far Clarins is the only line that has caught my eye lately.

--I have to say that Clarins looks the most interesting these days. I will definitely check out the lipstick. I am always on the lookout for creamy, hydrating lipsticks that wear well. I've just been pulling out different glosses and lipsticks daily to use what I have and honestly, I have some great shades and I shouldn't even think about buying more.

--Did get the lip balms and lip scrubs from Costco today. The flavors are interesting and I never tried Royal Apothic before. $15.00 was a good deal for 8 of them.

bljed1411851331.5477134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--It's a shame really because with the Pink Venus liner (which wears much better) it really is a nice look!

I know, it makes is more painful. Its sort of like how I loved some of my pencil liners but they transferred or smudged all over!

--It's enough and actually with my hair up in a pony tail I look youthful. Just keep repeating...less is better, less is better.

ok, it will be my new mantra. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I have always worn light makeup which is why I'm amazed at my ability to buy so much of it! I think its why Trish caught my eye on tv because she feels less is better but of course the RIGHT products. Yesterday I tried on an old BB lipstick and it felt too dark and weird. I have had it for a long time so maybe its time to get rid of. Last week I was sitting and waiting when a woman came by me. Honestly I don't know how old she was, her hair was gray, maybe in her 60's? Anyhow what I noticed most was that she had a deeper matte lip. The color worked with her complexion but the look was more aging IMO. I suddenly realized why some sheen to the lips is better when older. I think matte can settle into lip lines too.

--You have a foundation you like and that is all you need. It's nice to have a compact powder for easy application though..how about just the mineral veil? I saw the models and none of them looked dry or caked nor does it look that way on me and I think that is why I love it. I applied my supergoop under it this morning and it was just enough coverage.

Ok, if you feel thats all I need then return that Lancome and stick with B&B!! Funny you mention the MV. I have used that over sunscreen for work when I was running late. It is a nice product. I put it on in the car. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--It looked good on the dogs too! lol Just don't order any more of her blushes and try to use what you have. I am going to use Trish all next week. I need to alternate my makeup. I've been using Stroke of Light for TIL application and it works great for me.

Alternating is great. I'm going to pull the Trish palette out soon. I still haven't really used the Lorac one. One of my favorite shadow set is the Trish Emergency card I bought last year.

I 'found' my CK pink lipstick. Such a beautiful pink! I think when I go to the Clarins counter I'm going to bring it along. That and my EL Crystal Blush pink lipstick. I don't want to buy another shade like either one of them because they are just so nice. I find I'm attracted to the same shades and I would like to branch out a bit with the lips this fall/winter. The Woodrose might end p being the best as I wonder if the Magonlia might be similar to the CK I have.

Gorgeous weather today…..got some things done but its never enough.

I am looking at something to supplement for immune boosting through the fall. Have you ever tried astragalus? I read its good for helping to prevent sore throats. I am very prone to them.

SilentDance1411857483.84314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/27/2014 bljed said:

I know, it makes is more painful. Its sort of like how I loved some of my pencil liners but they transferred or smudged all over!

ok, it will be my new mantra. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I have always worn light makeup which is why I'm amazed at my ability to buy so much of it! I think its why Trish caught my eye on tv because she feels less is better but of course the RIGHT products. Yesterday I tried on an old BB lipstick and it felt too dark and weird. I have had it for a long time so maybe its time to get rid of. Last week I was sitting and waiting when a woman came by me. Honestly I don't know how old she was, her hair was gray, maybe in her 60's? Anyhow what I noticed most was that she had a deeper matte lip. The color worked with her complexion but the look was more aging IMO. I suddenly realized why some sheen to the lips is better when older. I think matte can settle into lip lines too.

Ok, if you feel thats all I need then return that Lancome and stick with B&B!! Funny you mention the MV. I have used that over sunscreen for work when I was running late. It is a nice product. I put it on in the car. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Alternating is great. I'm going to pull the Trish palette out soon. I still haven't really used the Lorac one. One of my favorite shadow set is the Trish Emergency card I bought last year.

I 'found' my CK pink lipstick. Such a beautiful pink! I think when I go to the Clarins counter I'm going to bring it along. That and my EL Crystal Blush pink lipstick. I don't want to buy another shade like either one of them because they are just so nice. I find I'm attracted to the same shades and I would like to branch out a bit with the lips this fall/winter. The Woodrose might end p being the best as I wonder if the Magonlia might be similar to the CK I have.

Gorgeous weather today…..got some things done but its never enough.

I am looking at something to supplement for immune boosting through the fall. Have you ever tried astragalus? I read its good for helping to prevent sore throats. I am very prone to them.

hi bljed,

Just found this and the lip balm roulette will be my weakness: http://www.temptalia.com/category/latest-collections

I didn't get to really give the new TM palette we both bought a try either. I think I will wear that Monday and then move on to the planners.

I think that is a great idea about taking lipsticks. I am also guilty of gravitating towards the same shades. I do think rose wood is a great alternative for a pink.

Darker colors are aging and mattes in general are aging. This is why I like some shimmer in shadows and lip shades. Even putting a clear gloss over a dark lip shade helps. I think it takes more than hair color, eye color, and skin tone to pull off dark shades...attitude carries the look.

I was thinking about your CK lipstick the other day when I was browsing Ulta and wondered if you were using it?

Ok, beating my brain apart trying to figure out what I did with the QVC invoice for the Bareskin and then it dawned on me that it might be under the box and sure enough it was. I really wanted to go to the PO today due to convenience, so now I am really mad at myself for ordering it in the first place. It's not terrible though because the more I order that I don't like, the less I buy. lol

All I take is B12 (sublingual) and Vitamin D. I don't believe much in supplements.

bljed1411858498.1777134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- I'll be passing on the L'Oreal blush. If you start this review at minute 6 you can watch her apply and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jc02gyhXTA

bljed1411859293.0377134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Wow with the BE line up!!! Kissing Booth sounded nice to me!!

Darker colors are aging and mattes in general are aging. This is why I like some shimmer in shadows and lip shades. Even putting a clear gloss over a dark lip shade helps. I think it takes more than hair color, eye color, and skin tone to pull off dark shades...attitude carries the look.

-- I agree but its interesting to notice it like that. This woman was wearing what reminded me of a mid tone matte BB lip shade. Sort of a mauve with a slight brownish undertone perhaps?

I was thinking about your CK lipstick the other day when I was browsing Ulta and wondered if you were using it?

---wore it yesterday and its great. I think when they go on sale you should take a peek at them. Pretty and hydrating. THere are some swatches out there and reviews.

--glad you found the invoice. I was hoping the dogs did not eat it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I had this great coupon for a free full size CK mascara a few months or so ago and the darn dog ate it. I had left it on the end of the couch and was going to take it to Ulta!!

--All I take is the Essential 1 from Lessman and when I can remember. Like yourself I have never been into supplements. I do know there is a lot of research indicating that they are pretty useless. I will just use my Vitamix to try and keep things at bay. Today I whipped up a smoothie with spinach, frozen mixed berries and a banana. I did find a recipe for a soup that is good for the immune system and will make that when it cools down again. Sometimes I feel like i need to do 'more' but then realize just eating better and some exercise is pleanty good.

Edited to add.

check out this video. What do you think of the liner? I thought her Nars contour product looked very nice and the blush! I think I might be lighter than she is so I worry looking at the blush if it would be too dark. I really liked her makeup look, not a lot of product but very pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDhUFQp_KM0

SilentDance1411880314.8114783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/27/2014 bljed said:

SilentDance- I'll be passing on the L'Oreal blush. If you start this review at minute 6 you can watch her apply and review.

I thought her foundation looked good, but the blush is a splotchy mess. I laughed when I went back to check the shades that both begin with "soft" in peach and pink. Nothing soft about them. lol They are terrible. Good thing for videos.

SilentDance1411881142.58314783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/27/2014 bljed said:

Wow with the BE line up!!! Kissing Booth sounded nice to me!!

--I love Dolly's High Roller collection. http://www.sephora.com/dolly-s-high-roller-collection-P390021?skuId=1617109

----I hope these stick around long enough for the sale.

I agree but its interesting to notice it like that. This woman was wearing what reminded me of a mid tone matte BB lip shade. Sort of a mauve with a slight brownish undertone perhaps?

----I don't have that attitude and shy away from anything that says "look at me" these days. I like subtle and natural.

wore it yesterday and its great. I think when they go on sale you should take a peek at them. Pretty and hydrating. THere are some swatches out there and reviews.

----They had one of those daily deals and I think it was the day I purchased the LG. I should have tried one.

glad you found the invoice. I was hoping the dogs did not eat it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I had this great coupon for a free full size CK mascara a few months or so ago and the darn dog ate it. I had left it on the end of the couch and was going to take it to Ulta!!

---Don't think that I wasn't thinking the same and was going to ask my son if he saw some shredded invoices this past week. lol

All I take is the Essential 1 from Lessman and when I can remember. Like yourself I have never been into supplements. I do know there is a lot of research indicating that they are pretty useless. I will just use my Vitamix to try and keep things at bay. Today I whipped up a smoothie with spinach, frozen mixed berries and a banana. I did find a recipe for a soup that is good for the immune system and will make that when it cools down again. Sometimes I feel like i need to do 'more' but then realize just eating better and some exercise is pleanty good.

---I use to be more into them, but after a lot of research realized that it's best to eat healthier. If you know you are absolutely deficient in something than supplements can work, otherwise we all have enough of what we need. Do you have allergies? People with allergies are usually prone to more sore throats. Certain medications can do it too.

Edited to add.

check out this video. What do you think of the liner? I thought her Nars contour product looked very nice and the blush! I think I might be lighter than she is so I worry looking at the blush if it would be too dark. I really liked her makeup look, not a lot of product but very pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDhUFQp_KM0

----Thanks, that was a good video. The contour does look nice, but you can do the same with your TM bronzers. BTW, I have a small nars kit I got for 500 points and wore the black liner from the kit and it's really nice. Goes on smooth and no smudging. Something to look into.

---Video --mascara is a no-go. I didn't like her spider eyes and it did not add volume at all. Love the blush, very pretty! She said that is the only blush offered in the collection that's a selling point for the collection. Not sure about the 3 dot. It looks like it may not be as easy to apply as I thought it would, but with practice it could be a quick technique. It did look nice on her, but she is young and attractive and she would look good in clown makeup. lol You should check out Candy Rose shade. It looks a lot nicer on her than it did in the swatch collection we looked at.

EDIT: this morning from Macys I ordered the BE "Afternoon Delight" set of lasting line eye liners. I love these and the only dupe shade I will have is eternal bronze, which I wear a lot of anyway. At $29.00 for 5 full shades, this is an excellent deal. I also ordered the BE Touch and glow for $15.00. I will get the rest of the BE things I want at the sale, if they are still available.

bljed1411946150.227134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

----I hope these stick around long enough for the sale.

The Dolly palette looks pretty nice…I'd have to see it in person. I always like that shade of Buxom

-I don't have that attitude and shy away from anything that says "look at me" these days. I like subtle and natural.

You and me both but I've really always been that way. I've never used makeup to make a 'statement'.

Do you have allergies? People with allergies are usually prone to more sore throats. Certain medications can do it too.

-yes I have allergies. throat clearing, irritation can cause sore throats for me but they tend to be mild. I seem prone to picking up the viral stuff.

BTW, I have a small nars kit I got for 500 points and wore the black liner from the kit and it's really nice. Goes on smooth and no smudging. Something to look into.

-I have avoided Nars for the most part because they are so pricey and I don't need to be interested in another pricey line! They also tend to have a lot of bold and deep shades which doesn't naturally attract my eye.

-I agree that Candy Rose shade looked nice in the video. Also saw it in another and it still looked good. Here is a video and the woman is wearing Nude Rose. Rethinking that one as it looks really nice on her IMO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmFeNa0JwY

That was a good price on the BE eyeliners! I wonder what the touch and glow is like? Is it like that illuminating mv in that tsv from earlier this year? Some of their products like that confuse me. I've tried various ones but never can see that they do anything for me.

I never made it out of town really this weekend. I should have bite the bullet and ordered but could not make up my mind regarding the lip shade. Also wanted to check the shimmer level in the shadow palette. I also never got to CVS for the cleanser and I'll be totally out of any kind in the house.

I cannot decide if I want to try CT blush or Clarins blush. ???

bljed1411946201.4437134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 9/27/2014 SilentDance said:
On 9/27/2014 bljed said:

I thought her foundation looked good, but the blush is a splotchy mess. I laughed when I went back to check the shades that both begin with "soft" in peach and pink. Nothing soft about them. lol They are terrible. Good thing for videos.

Completely agree, saved me $12. LOL

Page 98 of 98