Top Rated on Easy Pay
17 Members and 9998 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1410827465.463 by SilentDance

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 97 of 97
bljed1410611133.317112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 9/12/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed, the LG post is gone. There are comments on the colors that not being the best. I noticed this morning that while the Balance and Brighten in Tan is a too dark for me, the bronzer in medium as an all over is good.

I will take your word and honestly I don't need anymore of her makeup other than the B & B. So, I will probably order from Ulta and if I can't meet free shipping requirements I will pass and wait for a better deal. What shade did you get in buttercream?

:)

SilentDance- I bought the Sassy Sorbet which is pretty much my lip color but gives me a slightly more finished look. i was hoping for something a bit deeper but ended up really liking it regardless.

The LG kit looked like it had the B&B foundation, mascara, an eyeliner, a lipstick in a thin tube, a baked shadow duo (really did not care for the look of the shades) and some sort of baked gold product in a basket weave type shape. Looked like it could be a highlighter and I don't want a gold highlighter. A couple of brushes too I think. I had zero interest. The iT tsv looked like it had a pretty blush but also a powder foundation which I'd likely not wear. I wish iT would do something without a foundation!

--Oh, okay. I think it was bare shell that I tested in the store.

I believe you had said that. You mentioned it seemed nice because it wasn't too pink or yellow. Yesterday I swatched it along side my EL Ecru foundation which I felt was a great match. Well, they swatched out nearly identical. The EL is listed as a cool/neutral level 1. I was so surprised how similar the shades were! I thought the Bare Shell might have blended out slightly pinker but when both were fully blended I could see no difference. Yesterday when I wore it I felt confident that I won't need to mix unless I end up lighter in the dead of winter. I was also very pleased with how good it made my forehead look. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that I am seeing so much discoloration along my upper jaw area. It may drive me to look into peels at some point. I've been diligent about sunblock too.

I am going to put the BM blush aside until later in the fall. Its pulling too brown on me in some lighting. Its a pretty shade but right now with the discoloration I think a clearer, cooler brighter shade is more flattering. I also don't think it lasts as long on me as the cheek gelee and Trish's blushes.

Edit: OMG, almost forgot that I wore the champagne diamonds and lip liner today. Okay, so champagne diamonds is different on my lid than on my hand. No pink at all and not sure why I saw a pink sheen to it on my hands. More beigey (but of course I put primer on first so I wonder if that affected it) than I thought. It lasts and the micro sparklies were not that noticeable that I couldn't wear it to work, which I did. It's pretty and I am really liking it, but I want to try it without the primer (BE) underneath. The lip liner wore well and I love the shade. I've never really lined my lips but I do notice now that it does enhance my lips and makes them look fuller.

++Oh my gosh! How could you forget?? lol Thanks for your review. Did the primer you wore underneath have any color to it? How about trying it with the Trish primer? I never wear lip liner either but was rethinking it after watching the videos. I think at any rate it helps the lipstick look better longer and leaves a bit of color on the lips when the lipstick wears off. I have an old one from BB that is actually a great color. I liked the look of a couple of the CT ones. Are you waiting on a blush of her's as well as the lipstick? Do you think her Love Glow might be a lot like the Trish Pink Glow we have?


SilentDance1410612885.6514766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/13/2014 bljed said:
On 9/12/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed, the LG post is gone. There are comments on the colors that not being the best. I noticed this morning that while the Balance and Brighten in Tan is a too dark for me, the bronzer in medium as an all over is good.

I will take your word and honestly I don't need anymore of her makeup other than the B & B. So, I will probably order from Ulta and if I can't meet free shipping requirements I will pass and wait for a better deal. What shade did you get in buttercream?

:)

SilentDance- I bought the Sassy Sorbet which is pretty much my lip color but gives me a slightly more finished look. i was hoping for something a bit deeper but ended up really liking it regardless.

The LG kit looked like it had the B&B foundation, mascara, an eyeliner, a lipstick in a thin tube, a baked shadow duo (really did not care for the look of the shades) and some sort of baked gold product in a basket weave type shape. Looked like it could be a highlighter and I don't want a gold highlighter. A couple of brushes too I think. I had zero interest. The iT tsv looked like it had a pretty blush but also a powder foundation which I'd likely not wear. I wish iT would do something without a foundation!

--Oh, okay. I think it was bare shell that I tested in the store.

I believe you had said that. You mentioned it seemed nice because it wasn't too pink or yellow. Yesterday I swatched it along side my EL Ecru foundation which I felt was a great match. Well, they swatched out nearly identical. The EL is listed as a cool/neutral level 1. I was so surprised how similar the shades were! I thought the Bare Shell might have blended out slightly pinker but when both were fully blended I could see no difference. Yesterday when I wore it I felt confident that I won't need to mix unless I end up lighter in the dead of winter. I was also very pleased with how good it made my forehead look. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that I am seeing so much discoloration along my upper jaw area. It may drive me to look into peels at some point. I've been diligent about sunblock too.

I am going to put the BM blush aside until later in the fall. Its pulling too brown on me in some lighting. Its a pretty shade but right now with the discoloration I think a clearer, cooler brighter shade is more flattering. I also don't think it lasts as long on me as the cheek gelee and Trish's blushes.

Edit: OMG, almost forgot that I wore the champagne diamonds and lip liner today. Okay, so champagne diamonds is different on my lid than on my hand. No pink at all and not sure why I saw a pink sheen to it on my hands. More beigey (but of course I put primer on first so I wonder if that affected it) than I thought. It lasts and the micro sparklies were not that noticeable that I couldn't wear it to work, which I did. It's pretty and I am really liking it, but I want to try it without the primer (BE) underneath. The lip liner wore well and I love the shade. I've never really lined my lips but I do notice now that it does enhance my lips and makes them look fuller.

++Oh my gosh! How could you forget?? lol Thanks for your review. Did the primer you wore underneath have any color to it? How about trying it with the Trish primer? I never wear lip liner either but was rethinking it after watching the videos. I think at any rate it helps the lipstick look better longer and leaves a bit of color on the lips when the lipstick wears off. I have an old one from BB that is actually a great color. I liked the look of a couple of the CT ones. Are you waiting on a blush of her's as well as the lipstick? Do you think her Love Glow might be a lot like the Trish Pink Glow we have?


bljed, before I forget because I did on the last post. I mentioned liquid illuminzers because I thought you might be interested in that since you can add it to your foundation dots you place in the cheek area. I do like the thebalm luminzers but they have shimmer, and I am not sure how you feel about that. I was searching around the Q site this morning and they have an Evelom luminzer you might like. BTW, I got the TM luminizer a few months back and think that is very nice too. I think it came with the cream shadow or something else.

I saw pics this morning of the LG kit because they were reposted. I thought I might like it and I do think it has the B & B foundation. I am sure it will be under $50.00. I would order from Ulta but then I have to meet shipping so I would be buying more stuff too. I really don't need any more glosses but will consider. I wanted to get some hair clips but I purchased the Ponilux from the Q this morning. If I have to wait, I will. I'm not sure how I feel about that gold highlighter too, since I have others like that. I didn't try her mascara yet but I have plenty. I probably will pass on it, but have to decide on Ulta 9/20 deal.

Also saw some new posts from godreak this morning. BB mini lip and eye palette that looked nice, lip color trio, eye shadow trio in chocolates with a sparkley shade. What caught my eye are the BM multitaskers trio (lip) and the BM set of 4 whipped velvet eye color. Also had a set of 5 pc tarte cream shadows.

There is one review for the champagne diamonds on Nordies and they didn't like it. Said too much glitter. Yes it has glitter but it's micro. I thought it was pretty and it certainly wasn't a disco ball eye otherwise I wouldn't wear it to work. I used the BM linen shade as a primer and will need to try it alone. I'm not looking at her blushes now because the shades I saw including Love Glow were all stated to be better for fairer skin...they would suit you. Tara wore the Love Glow I think in her video.

As for the discoloration, it appears to be more prominent in summer for me even though I never sit out in sun and wear sunblock daily. It does mess up cheek color. It's something we should work on during the winter months. I have time now and will research products. I have it over lip and that is what prompted me to wear foundations. Depending on light it can come off looking like a mustache at times. I see a lot of women on tv with that shadow too. It stinks.

Yes, it lip liner matches lip color shade it looks nice. I am happy with the shade and I think it's a shade that would match a lot of your lip color shades. I think it's called Pink Venus by CT.

I am getting on a bit of overload with all the new items coming out. My lipstick and gloss collection is ridiculous, yet it's all ridiculous so I have to reign myself in. I am going to make a brief stop at Sephora this morning to get color matched because I know I will end up getting the TSV.

BTW, some blushes just pull brownish, but a highlighter would help. Have you tried your TM triangle of light with it?

Will post back later.

:)


SilentDance1410624103.1314766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

bljed,

I could not get a match for the bareskin. I did get other matches of course and the SA recommended Lancome Idole Teint 24H ($45.50). She applied it and I looked in many different lighting (including the car) and it is a perfect match in 330N. She said I am not a golden nor a cool so neutral works best for me. I always suspected this but whatever neutral shades I purchased never looked quite right to me and that was probably because I never purchased the right shade. I also suspected I might be a neutral because I always felt I looked good in both cool and warm lipsticks and blushes as long as they weren't bright and not overly warm or cool.

I did buy it and it gets great reviews. The coverage is really nice, and covers up whatever my flaws are without looking like mask. I will wear it now for the rest of the day and make sure I have no dryness or anything else with it.

I would have preferred to purchase on line to get something free or from a dept store for a GWP but the SA was really nice and took her time with me that I couldn't walk out without it.

:)


bljed1410625373.77112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- I wore the Trish luminizer yesterday and its nice. I will keep my eyes open for a cream. Liquid is a bit less appealing but I understand it could be mixed with foundation. I do know that the Clinique uplighting (??) has been around for a while and has good reviews. Its comes in different shades.

Thanks, I did see the post with the other new items down the pike. Thankfully I'm not tempted by any of it. I will be trying CT soon though!!

Ok, do you want me to talk you out of some of this makeup?? If you don't need any glosses skip the Buttercream. Who knows perhaps they'll do a holiday kit of them in minis or later in the cool weather you might want to try one for moisturizing? Will you need a B&B soon? LG cranks out tsvs regularly. If you think you will use BB creams or perhaps the BM serum foundation why not wait until you need the product? I guess the choice cold come down to either the LG or BM tsv? Even if they are both priced well I honestly never find it worthwhile when I have more than I can use.

As for the discoloration, it appears to be more prominent in summer for me even though I never sit out in sun and wear sunblock daily. It does mess up cheek color.

++I have this exact experience. Aging I guess!


It's something we should work on during the winter months. I have time now and will research products. I have it over lip and that is what prompted me to wear foundations. Depending on light it can come off looking like a mustache at times. I see a lot of women on tv with that shadow too. It stinks.

+I started being more diligent with the PC 1% beta lotion I have. I"m almost out and was thinking that I could try the 2%. Peel pads of some sort might help. I have started reading some reviews on her site for those. Some apparently can be useless. I noticed yesterday my face was flaking along my temple and just down from that. I think I need regular exfoliation that won't mess up my skin. Agreed-that above lip shadow would be a huge drag and difficult to conceal.

I am getting on a bit of overload with all the new items coming out. My lipstick and gloss collection is ridiculous, yet it's all ridiculous so I have to reign myself in. I am going to make a brief stop at Sephora this morning to get color matched because I know I will end up getting the TSV.

++Only get the tsv if you like the feel and look of the foundation. While the other products are nice they are NOT a must have given what you already own. If you think the liquid foundation would sit try the LG tsv instead. I will allow you one or the other….{#emotions_dlg.lol}

BTW, some blushes just pull brownish, but a highlighter would help. Have you tried your TM triangle of light with it?

++No, haven't done that. I've been going easy with products since the flair. My left cheek is bugging me a bit today and it can do that just from brushes. In fact tomorrow I'm going to try applying the foundation with the beauty blender and see if that helps.

I'll be very curious how you make out with the foundation…..let me guess what shade…..Bare Natural or Bare Beige???

SilentDance1410628083.39314766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/13/2014 bljed said:

SilentDance- I wore the Trish luminizer yesterday and its nice. I will keep my eyes open for a cream. Liquid is a bit less appealing but I understand it could be mixed with foundation. I do know that the Clinique uplighting (??) has been around for a while and has good reviews. Its comes in different shades.

Thanks, I did see the post with the other new items down the pike. Thankfully I'm not tempted by any of it. I will be trying CT soon though!!

Ok, do you want me to talk you out of some of this makeup?? If you don't need any glosses skip the Buttercream. Who knows perhaps they'll do a holiday kit of them in minis or later in the cool weather you might want to try one for moisturizing? Will you need a B&B soon? LG cranks out tsvs regularly. If you think you will use BB creams or perhaps the BM serum foundation why not wait until you need the product? I guess the choice cold come down to either the LG or BM tsv? Even if they are both priced well I honestly never find it worthwhile when I have more than I can use.

As for the discoloration, it appears to be more prominent in summer for me even though I never sit out in sun and wear sunblock daily. It does mess up cheek color.

++I have this exact experience. Aging I guess!


It's something we should work on during the winter months. I have time now and will research products. I have it over lip and that is what prompted me to wear foundations. Depending on light it can come off looking like a mustache at times. I see a lot of women on tv with that shadow too. It stinks.

+I started being more diligent with the PC 1% beta lotion I have. I"m almost out and was thinking that I could try the 2%. Peel pads of some sort might help. I have started reading some reviews on her site for those. Some apparently can be useless. I noticed yesterday my face was flaking along my temple and just down from that. I think I need regular exfoliation that won't mess up my skin. Agreed-that above lip shadow would be a huge drag and difficult to conceal.

I am getting on a bit of overload with all the new items coming out. My lipstick and gloss collection is ridiculous, yet it's all ridiculous so I have to reign myself in. I am going to make a brief stop at Sephora this morning to get color matched because I know I will end up getting the TSV.

++Only get the tsv if you like the feel and look of the foundation. While the other products are nice they are NOT a must have given what you already own. If you think the liquid foundation would sit try the LG tsv instead. I will allow you one or the other….{#emotions_dlg.lol}

BTW, some blushes just pull brownish, but a highlighter would help. Have you tried your TM triangle of light with it?

++No, haven't done that. I've been going easy with products since the flair. My left cheek is bugging me a bit today and it can do that just from brushes. In fact tomorrow I'm going to try applying the foundation with the beauty blender and see if that helps.

I'll be very curious how you make out with the foundation…..let me guess what shade…..Bare Natural or Bare Beige???

bljed,

You missed the post before this one. I explained my Sephora trip.

Do you feel the Beta lotion is helping? I bet that is what is drying you out though. It's a give and take. I would be willing to buy PC and try along with you.

BTW, I tried the Perricone No foundation foundation in Sephora today. I didn't see much coverage but hard to tell on my hand, but the texture was really nice. It absorbed well and I will have to give this a better look. Might be a better than my BB/TM creams?

While the Lancome Teint is an excellent match, I think it might be suited better for oily skin. To be honest I didn't moisturize before I left the house and then she put this foundation over it, so I am not going to be hasty about decisions and will try it again with some moisturizer. But honestly, I can't believe how well it matches and covers flaws well at the same time. I guess I will be looking for cakiness and sinking into fine lines later because I can't find anything else wrong with it. Do you think $45.50 is too expensive for a foundation?

Yes, I think I will hold off on the LG for now since I have other powders and BB creams I can use for the cooler months.

:)


bljed1410629607.6177112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- I think I missed your post because I was typing mine out while you posted about your Sephora trip. Sometimes I have a lot of distractions and it takes me a little while to type out a post.

Too bad you could not get a match in the BM but that has happened to me quite a few times in the past with different lines.

Lancome has a great selection of shades! No I don't think $45.50 is too much to pay for foundation when the match is perfect. Its the one product/shade a woman really needs to get right. If the foundation is off your entire face is. Last month while in Ulta a SA was trying to help me. She was raving about an iT foundation and commented "I'm wearing it now". Well she was super fair and had a very distinct line of demarkation at the jaw line and it sadly looked awful. She probably never realized it in her bathroom mirror.

You could consider LG/BB creams for more casual days or perhaps you'll be happy enough with the Lancome if it feels light enough. THe coverage and good shade remind me how addicting wearing foundation can be. You end up getting used to that flawless look.

Do you feel the Beta lotion is helping? I bet that is what is drying you out though. It's a give and take. I would be willing to buy PC and try along with you.

+The beta lotion worked fabulous for clearing more pores on the nose. It took a little while but it definitely worked. I have just started using it on my forehead, all over my face. I was hoping the exfoliation would be gentle enough and help moisturizers penetrate better. I also have added using my Skin Recovery toner which is supposed to add hydration. I have about 1/3 of the bottle left. I stopped using it because I was lazy but had gotten it when I first started her Recovery line. PC has several products for hyper pigmentation. Take a look at the website and see what you think. I tried a good size sample of her vitamin C product but my skin cannot handle the C in any line I've tried so far.

bljed1410630694.087112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I think this review is very good. Who cares about the spf issue because you'd wear spf/moisturizer underneath anyhow. Honestly I think one would have to apply a lot of foundation to get the full spf it can provide.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/lancome/_/Teint-Idole-Ultra-24H-Wear-And-Comfort-Retouch-Free-Divine-Perfection-SPF-15

SilentDance1410631999.68714766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

bljed,

thanks for the info/review. Yes, I will need to moisturize more but I am really surprised how well it matches. While it's not heavy it does an excellent job covering dark areas.

Should I start at a low percentage (Beta Lotion) or low is for sensitivity issues? I have pores on my nose that I would like to shrink too? Does the beta lotion make you more sensitive to sun or is that just hyperpigmentation products?

Should I get the toner too? I am headed over to her site and will not purchase anything until I consult with you since I am unfamiliar with her products.

I looked at Bareskin and there is Bare Natural 07 that is a medium neutral shade. Maybe I couldn't get a match with this because it may lean pink? Gee, I wouldn't mind taking a chance. Not sure if she tried that on me in the store or not. I think she tried one of the golden shades and it was too dark.

:)


bljed1410639399.4277112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 9/13/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed,

thanks for the info/review. Yes, I will need to moisturize more but I am really surprised how well it matches. While it's not heavy it does an excellent job covering dark areas.

Should I start at a low percentage (Beta Lotion) or low is for sensitivity issues? I have pores on my nose that I would like to shrink too? Does the beta lotion make you more sensitive to sun or is that just hyperpigmentation products?

++I think it would be best to look at the PC website and if needed get CS assistance. You can also get samples to try. I dipped my toes in slowly and had good luck with a lot of things. I think her cleansers are very nice. I'm not currently using one because the drugstore Purpose seems best right now. You really want go by your skin type and any specific needs you want to address. I have purchased all products she lists as safe for rosacea and dry skin. Its hard without seeing you or really knowing your skin type. You might like her Resist line. I have a couple of those products and really like them. I'll link them.

+This I have been using on my neck and decollate.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/retinol-treatments/_/Resist-Skin-Smoothing-Body-Treatment-with-Retinol/

+I have this but am lazy about it. lol Will retry when sun is not so much of an issue.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/body-care/_/Resist-Skin-Revealing-Body-Lotion-with-Ten-Percent-AHA/

+I don't think the beta lotion has made me more sun sensitive, like a retinol does.Perhaps we should try this one? Its made for dry skin.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Two-Percent-BHA-Lotion-Exfoliant/

+You might like the Skin Recovery spf 30 moisturizer. It reminds me of a mineral sunblock version of EL Daywear. Remember that cucumber scent? I really like it and am finishing up a second tube. My only issue has been that my forehead has been so dry in cooler weather that even this hasn't been enough to last the day. Not sure anything will be.

Should I get the toner too? I am headed over to her site and will not purchase anything until I consult with you since I am unfamiliar with her products.

I looked at Bareskin and there is Bare Natural 07 that is a medium neutral shade. Maybe I couldn't get a match with this because it may lean pink? Gee, I wouldn't mind taking a chance. Not sure if she tried that on me in the store or not. I think she tried one of the golden shades and it was too dark.

++Hmm I thought the Bare Natural was neutral? Its a little deceptive when you drop the stuff right on the skin as it changes a bit blended in. How did you get 'color matched' today at Sephora? I had a SA use that foundation finder machine on me. BM did not come up with a 'perfect' match but Bare Shell was very close. The SA also mentioned that the machine is helpful but you really need to test it on your skin. Bare Shell seems good enough for me, even if the 'machine' said it wasn't perfect but very close. Today I only used 1 drop and it came out like a nice tinted moisturizer as far as coverage went. Also reapplied the warm rose blush because I honestly think its pretty. Unfortunately I think those brownish areas show regardless of what blush I use, they just seem less obvious with a brighter shade I guess. This might help.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/bare-escentuals-bare-minerals/bareminerals/_/Bareskin-Pure-Brightening-Serum-Foundation-SPF-20

Let me know if you have any questions regarding PC skincare. I might be able to help if they are specific. I believe I will add one of her serums in because I don't feel like my skin was getting the antioxidants with just the argan milk and oil. I had concluded that I may need to have a number of products on hand and use them depending on how my skin is doing and the weather. Thankfully they are not super pricey-the argan milk is the most expensive single item.

:)

SilentDance1410691813.87714766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

hi bljed,

I was searching around PC and the product I believe I want is not in stock. It's a AHA 7%. I have murad lightening serum and will use that up until it's back in stock. I found the pore reducing toner (but it says dry to very dry skin) and will get that too. I felt a little overwhelmed at the site and wanted to purchase because of 15% off. Can you please list what you are using in lotion and toner please?

Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the BM TSV in Bare natural. I spent a lot of time looking at videos and got no where. I guess what is throwing me off is the fact that the Foundation finder (machine at Sephora) couldn't match me. So I am not sure if Bare Natural the neutral shade is too light, too pink, too yellow or whatever and the Bare Beige the next shade is the same problem. What I did was watch videos and determined from there. In videos I noticed that filipino and latino ladies wore Natural Beige 08 so I figured that may be too dark. I am not as dark as I perceive myself to be because although I was at one time, since no longer tanning have lightened up considerably. Jennifer the BM lady and Chantal (this threw me off) wear Bare Natural. I want options and I like a lot of them so I took a chance. The worse that can happen is I have to return, but the price is too good to pass up.

I will also consider the LG tsv when that happens or if I find something I need at Ulta will just buy the compact. Prices are so good for the Q TSVs that I always have to consider them. I like this product and should have it in my arsenal.

:)


bljed1410697521.8937112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 9/14/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

I was searching around PC and the product I believe I want is not in stock. It's a AHA 7%. I have murad lightening serum and will use that up until it's back in stock. I found the pore reducing toner (but it says dry to very dry skin) and will get that too. I felt a little overwhelmed at the site and wanted to purchase because of 15% off. Can you please list what you are using in lotion and toner please?

++SilentDance- don't feel any pressure to purchase because Paula does sales regularly. If you have stuff to use up another sale will roll around. I only buy during sales. Also don't forget to go through Mr. Rebates with her site, 6% cash back at this time. With her site its best to go by your skin type and needs. Feel free to contact them for help. SHe also does samples of most all of her products and you can purchase them. Two of the systems have sample kits for less than $5. The Recovery and Resist lines I believe I saw yesterday.

Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the BM TSV in Bare natural. I spent a lot of time looking at videos and got no where. I guess what is throwing me off is the fact that the Foundation finder (machine at Sephora) couldn't match me. So I am not sure if Bare Natural the neutral shade is too light, too pink, too yellow or whatever and the Bare Beige the next shade is the same problem. What I did was watch videos and determined from there. In videos I noticed that filipino and latino ladies wore Natural Beige 08 so I figured that may be too dark. I am not as dark as I perceive myself to be because although I was at one time, since no longer tanning have lightened up considerably. Jennifer the BM lady and Chantal (this threw me off) wear Bare Natural. I want options and I like a lot of them so I took a chance. The worse that can happen is I have to return, but the price is too good to pass up.

++Foundation matching can be tough. I always thought I was as light as MBR but when she's on with makeup she always is wearing a shade deeper than I do in a line. JG is someone who has worn my shade in items, last time she was on she was one shade deeper due to being on vacation or something. I know I'm not NK fair as they all say but I'm not typical "light" either. There is an often neglected area between the two. Of course some companies who have really expanded their range fill that gap. It wasn't until last year with EL that I could even get a match! Lancome has always been better but I don't care for their products in general just due to fragrances etc

I will also consider the LG tsv when that happens or if I find something I need at Ulta will just buy the compact. Prices are so good for the Q TSVs that I always have to consider them. I like this product and should have it in my arsenal.

++Just keep in mind the LG tsv should wow you. These companies will offer pleanty when it comes to trying to get us to spend our holiday money on their products. Lots of kits etc at qvc, ultra, sephora and macys!

++last night I watched a few makeup videos. One was for the Too Faced Chocolate bar-I really don't like all those eye makeup looks with multiple shades etc. I think I need to focus on that and gear my purchases that way. Even if I have extra time and am going out in the evening the most I've done all summer is the Trish smokey eye with the one shadow stick. I really dislike so much of that painted on look, that look where you can tell multiple shades have been strategically placed. Am I making any sense? I do feel however that my eyeshadow application often doesn't quite do enough for me-I am having trouble working with a more hooded eye/aging. I think I"m nervous about wearing a deeper shade above the crease to make that area 'recede'…..

++I'm currently using the Skin Recovery toner for dry skin and the Beta lotion in 1%-I believe you can use something stronger and I was going to increase the strength as well. Doesn't seem to be enough for darker spots but is very good for unclogging pores. I have liked both the Moisture Boost and Skin Recovery cleansers as well as the Skin Recovery spf 30-mineral spf moisturizer. I have tried samples of her antioxidant serums and like them. Want to try one this winter-have silicones which smooth the skin.

:)

SilentDance1410742058.1214766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/14/2014 bljed said:
On 9/14/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

I was searching around PC and the product I believe I want is not in stock. It's a AHA 7%. I have murad lightening serum and will use that up until it's back in stock. I found the pore reducing toner (but it says dry to very dry skin) and will get that too. I felt a little overwhelmed at the site and wanted to purchase because of 15% off. Can you please list what you are using in lotion and toner please?

++SilentDance- don't feel any pressure to purchase because Paula does sales regularly. If you have stuff to use up another sale will roll around. I only buy during sales. Also don't forget to go through Mr. Rebates with her site, 6% cash back at this time. With her site its best to go by your skin type and needs. Feel free to contact them for help. SHe also does samples of most all of her products and you can purchase them. Two of the systems have sample kits for less than $5. The Recovery and Resist lines I believe I saw yesterday.

Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the BM TSV in Bare natural. I spent a lot of time looking at videos and got no where. I guess what is throwing me off is the fact that the Foundation finder (machine at Sephora) couldn't match me. So I am not sure if Bare Natural the neutral shade is too light, too pink, too yellow or whatever and the Bare Beige the next shade is the same problem. What I did was watch videos and determined from there. In videos I noticed that filipino and latino ladies wore Natural Beige 08 so I figured that may be too dark. I am not as dark as I perceive myself to be because although I was at one time, since no longer tanning have lightened up considerably. Jennifer the BM lady and Chantal (this threw me off) wear Bare Natural. I want options and I like a lot of them so I took a chance. The worse that can happen is I have to return, but the price is too good to pass up.

++Foundation matching can be tough. I always thought I was as light as MBR but when she's on with makeup she always is wearing a shade deeper than I do in a line. JG is someone who has worn my shade in items, last time she was on she was one shade deeper due to being on vacation or something. I know I'm not NK fair as they all say but I'm not typical "light" either. There is an often neglected area between the two. Of course some companies who have really expanded their range fill that gap. It wasn't until last year with EL that I could even get a match! Lancome has always been better but I don't care for their products in general just due to fragrances etc

I will also consider the LG tsv when that happens or if I find something I need at Ulta will just buy the compact. Prices are so good for the Q TSVs that I always have to consider them. I like this product and should have it in my arsenal.

++Just keep in mind the LG tsv should wow you. These companies will offer pleanty when it comes to trying to get us to spend our holiday money on their products. Lots of kits etc at qvc, ultra, sephora and macys!

++last night I watched a few makeup videos. One was for the Too Faced Chocolate bar-I really don't like all those eye makeup looks with multiple shades etc. I think I need to focus on that and gear my purchases that way. Even if I have extra time and am going out in the evening the most I've done all summer is the Trish smokey eye with the one shadow stick. I really dislike so much of that painted on look, that look where you can tell multiple shades have been strategically placed. Am I making any sense? I do feel however that my eyeshadow application often doesn't quite do enough for me-I am having trouble working with a more hooded eye/aging. I think I"m nervous about wearing a deeper shade above the crease to make that area 'recede'…..

++I'm currently using the Skin Recovery toner for dry skin and the Beta lotion in 1%-I believe you can use something stronger and I was going to increase the strength as well. Doesn't seem to be enough for darker spots but is very good for unclogging pores. I have liked both the Moisture Boost and Skin Recovery cleansers as well as the Skin Recovery spf 30-mineral spf moisturizer. I have tried samples of her antioxidant serums and like them. Want to try one this winter-have silicones which smooth the skin.

:)

Hi bljed,

I understand perfectly about the eye makeup. It's tough to meet that balance between underdone and doing too much. I take the low road and would rather be underdone and it appears you feel the same. I'm finding less is better but sometimes by not having my eyes done right I look washed out. It's never the lipstick or the blush that can wash me out, but always the eye makeup. Too much is not suitable for work and when I go out in the evening, I am afraid to start something that will have to be removed or doesn't look right. I suggest we play with the makeup without the pressure of having to leave the house with it on. lol To be honest, the Chocolate palette just doesn't wow me. I get better looks from my UD palettes. Have you been using the LG duo, it's really very nice and can really enhance the eyes without looking like too much? Sometimes we have to take chances. Like the BE fuschia color I have. When placed lightly in the middle of the lid and blended out ever so slightly it looks real nice. I would never have bought that shade on its own but because it was included in the set I gave it a try and was surprised. I very rarely place darker shades in the crease but place a small dot on outer corner and blend out and up..that doesn't close up the eye but enhances whatever eye makeup I have on.

Champagne Diamonds. I tried it earlier today without the BE 5 in 1 and the sparklies were more prominent. I still don't think it's over the top like some glitter shadows but definitely noticeable. It's a pretty shade and I am glad I purchased it and will continue to wear with the BE linen shade to cut down on the sparkly effect. I imagine all those shadow sticks have that amount of sparkly, so I won't be purchasing any more.

I'm leaning dry lately and even my hair feels more drier than usual. I used my time zone this morning just to use it up. I'm really just trying to get rid of stuff. Probably hormonal stuff going on. Arghhh!

Thanks for the PC info. I will get the beta lotion in 2% to try and minimize pores that are noticeable to me on and around nose and between brows. Since my skin is dry I will probably get the toner you use. I am looking at the 7% AHA Resist dark spot eraser but it's not available now. Soon as it is, I will place an order for all items. There is also a Resist Skin Brightening Treatment that gets good reviews and that is available now. Most reviews say to lighten dark spots these products work best with a retinol, so Kate Sommerville would be used in combo.

I'm looking forward to the BM TSV but promised myself that if I am not in love with it that it will go back.

TF Holiday palette:

Too Faced Palette

http://www.thegloss.com/2014/08/11/beauty/sephora-makeup-holiday-collection-2014-photos-reddit/

http://chicprofile.com/

:)


bljed1410825679.477112 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance-

Have you been using the LG duo, it's really very nice and can really enhance the eyes without looking like too much?

+I only used it once when I first got it! I only used the bronzer a few times. I could have lived without the kit although I did like it. The lipstick was awful though.

+I agree that you do have to try new things and playing around with different makeup. Also good idea to do that on days where leaving the house is optional! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

+Champange Diamonds sounds very pretty. I think I'll pass on it based on your review. I doubt I'd get enough use out of it.

I'm leaning dry lately and even my hair feels more drier than usual. I used my time zone this morning just to use it up. I'm really just trying to get rid of stuff. Probably hormonal stuff going on. Arghhh!

+ I sympathize!!!! Keeping up with it is constant work! The corner of my lip on the right side keeps cracking open and nothing seems to help.

+ You might like the PC Recovery line for normal to dry skin-basic skincare. My skin likes the toner and I did not get the forehead dryness today.

I'm looking forward to the BM TSV but promised myself that if I am not in love with it that it will go back.

+Were you able to catch any of the presentations today? I just watched the video for the tsv. JG said she wears the Linen shade. I recall that one was too yellow for me but they are both in the Light category. I wore the foundation to work today. I never wear foundation to work but was really happy with it.

++I really dislike that Too Face palette! Not my shades at all. I think the eyeshadow shades are better for the 20 something crowd.

SilentDance1410827465.27314766 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 9/15/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance-

Have you been using the LG duo, it's really very nice and can really enhance the eyes without looking like too much?

+I only used it once when I first got it! I only used the bronzer a few times. I could have lived without the kit although I did like it. The lipstick was awful though.

+I agree that you do have to try new things and playing around with different makeup. Also good idea to do that on days where leaving the house is optional! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

+Champange Diamonds sounds very pretty. I think I'll pass on it based on your review. I doubt I'd get enough use out of it.

I'm leaning dry lately and even my hair feels more drier than usual. I used my time zone this morning just to use it up. I'm really just trying to get rid of stuff. Probably hormonal stuff going on. Arghhh!

+ I sympathize!!!! Keeping up with it is constant work! The corner of my lip on the right side keeps cracking open and nothing seems to help.

+ You might like the PC Recovery line for normal to dry skin-basic skincare. My skin likes the toner and I did not get the forehead dryness today.

I'm looking forward to the BM TSV but promised myself that if I am not in love with it that it will go back.

+Were you able to catch any of the presentations today? I just watched the video for the tsv. JG said she wears the Linen shade. I recall that one was too yellow for me but they are both in the Light category. I wore the foundation to work today. I never wear foundation to work but was really happy with it.

++I really dislike that Too Face palette! Not my shades at all. I think the eyeshadow shades are better for the 20 something crowd.

hi bljed,

When I got up early this morning I watched the video from an overnight presentation that was not only terrible but not helpful Alberti is a nice guy along with a rep from Philosophy who I never saw before butchered the presentation.

So I then went and canceled bare natural and ordered Bare beige. Watched a few videos and still on the fence and then watched a video from GlowofGrace and I was sold on bare natural and changed my order again. Then while putting my makeup on I questioned why I was purchasing it at all because the original LG spackle under medium B & B foundation looked great. The first time I used this original spackle and it really made the foundation look great. I decided to still try the Bareskin.

I am going to try a few of the dry skin products from PC. I do want one of the resist products. I made a list of 3 products.

I received my TM order and for $18.00 I received the amethyst definer that is very pretty. Its darker than I expected but that's better for me since I will use as a liner. I got a little bronzer compact that you can change out the product, so it will hold a gloss or shadow etc in the future. I got my brightening gloss SPF 15 that I love and a small size of eye base. The mystery gift is a full size gloss in simply gorgeous. This was a great deal.

I agree that champagne diamonds is not what you are looking for. Would you believe that all those morphing shadows are back ordered?

I don't like the TF palette either. I love my TF case with bronzer, cream blush, highlighter and luminizer and would definitely repurchase but have grown out a lot of their other stuff. As for shadow palettes I like my TheBalm shadow palette better than the Chocolate Bar.

:)


Page 97 of 97