Maxi Dresses
154 Members and 10801 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1398039784.833 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 83 of 83
SilentDance1396696708.43314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/2/2014 bljed said:

My first Tria session was not bad. Honestly I could definitely feel it as it stung and left my face warm. No real redness and my skin felt amazing this morning after using the serum they include. I just wonder if it will really work! I'd like it to help with fine lines around my eyes. Mine are more under the eye area. As I age I'm getting more of the hollowed type look. DH is getting more eye bags. I can see clearly its genetic. His dad has large eye bags and my folks both don't have bags but more of that hollowed look I'm getting. Genetics are huge with aging but I figure if I take good care of my skin and have reasonable expectations I can slow it down a bit. I think a lot of people still look their age even if they barely have a line or wrinkle. Just want that healthy skin look and not deep lines and age spots.

Yes, I think the dual resort bronzer was one I had linked to you as I though you might like it. One side is shimmer. I received the JM Be Renewed body butter and hand cream and really like it. You have to like floral to like it but its not too heavy. I think its very nice for warmer weather.

It sounds like the Tria is working out well. I saw some "ouch" threads, but I guess that is expected. Did you increase the intensity, because I think that is the "ouch" factor. Just take it slow.

My BE AD has been postpones to 4/21 and I am hoping they are not playing games. Honestly, I am thinking of canceling. At this point I only want the liner more than anything, so this delay may be my opportunity to cancel. I have so much makeup and realize I don't need any more. I also have dog expenses again and have to take that into consideration.

I really like the Philosophy Purity cleansing oil. I am also thinking of trying the BE oils and eye balm, but won't order until I am done with everything I have. I will be ready for the October 20% Sephora sale and that will be helpful.

:)

bljed1396697684.1036867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

It sounds like the Tria is working out well. I saw some "ouch" threads, but I guess that is expected. Did you increase the intensity, because I think that is the "ouch" factor. Just take it slow.

++I bumped to the Level 2 last night and looked like I had a sunburn AND my face was on fire. I used ice on it for a while. Yes, I felt a bit of panic. LOL This morning skin looks and feels great. Its honestly bizarre to do this and look worse for a while! Level 3 makes me quite nervous.

My BE AD has been postpones to 4/21 and I am hoping they are not playing games. Honestly, I am thinking of canceling. At this point I only want the liner more than anything, so this delay may be my opportunity to cancel. I have so much makeup and realize I don't need any more. I also have dog expenses again and have to take that into consideration.

+++This might be time to remember the no-buy. You got some really nice things from BB lately for spring. If you only want the liner I wouldn't bother. How often will you wear teal? You can get that shade easily from other brands. I went back earlier in the week and reinstated the TSV but then once again had a change of heart and cancelled. I just wanted to 'play' with new shades and am hoping it will work. In my heart I know I don't need any of it and the powders are not as preferred for me as cream formulas these days. I just bought the EL BG cream blush. I'm also eyeing a handbag I like and would rather have that than more makeup. Its been hard with the 20% off Ulta coupon. Still considering the little makeover even in May if I keep up with my diet so I may opt to purchase something then for warmer weather. Yes, you also have double dog expenses!

I really like the Philosophy Purity cleansing oil. I am also thinking of trying the BE oils and eye balm, but won't order until I am done with everything I have. I will be ready for the October 20% Sephora sale and that will be helpful.

+++Oct is not too far away but far enough to get through more products. Just keep a list and I'm sure it might change over time. I got the 15% off for Sephora but don't think I want anything.

SilentDance1396701944.76714518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/5/2014 bljed said:

++I bumped to the Level 2 last night and looked like I had a sunburn AND my face was on fire. I used ice on it for a while. Yes, I felt a bit of panic. LOL This morning skin looks and feels great. Its honestly bizarre to do this and look worse for a while! Level 3 makes me quite nervous.

--That's amazing! I'm sure you are anxious about level 3 but with good results in the morning, it's worth it.

+++This might be time to remember the no-buy. You got some really nice things from BB lately for spring. If you only want the liner I wouldn't bother. How often will you wear teal? You can get that shade easily from other brands. I went back earlier in the week and reinstated the TSV but then once again had a change of heart and cancelled. I just wanted to 'play' with new shades and am hoping it will work. In my heart I know I don't need any of it and the powders are not as preferred for me as cream formulas these days. I just bought the EL BG cream blush. I'm also eyeing a handbag I like and would rather have that than more makeup. Its been hard with the 20% off Ulta coupon. Still considering the little makeover even in May if I keep up with my diet so I may opt to purchase something then for warmer weather. Yes, you also have double dog expenses!

--I considered it all morning and canceled the whole AD. I am quite happy with all the stuff I own. I had to speed up my auto-delivery for YBF pencils this week so I had to invest in cosmetics. How do you like that BG cream blush? I still have money left on my Macys gc and will probably order the Phil Summer Grace set and possibly the BE liner in Forever brandy. I will still have money left on my card and will order the BE oils in the future. I need to (and want to) finish up what I have. I just finished my shiseido day moisturizer so I will move on to the samples I have from EL. Dog expenses are starting to add up..grooming today!! lol They make me happy and that's all that counts.

+++Oct is not too far away but far enough to get through more products. Just keep a list and I'm sure it might change over time. I got the 15% off for Sephora but don't think I want anything.

--With the past winter we had, I want to think it's very far away but in our cosmetic world, it's not. I have enough stuff to last until October, I am sure. 20% in October will be perfect. If I had ordered on line instead of going to the event, I would have spent a lot less in sephora or maybe nothing at all.

bljed1396721501.4276867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--That's amazing! I'm sure you are anxious about level 3 but with good results in the morning, it's worth it.

Its amazing my face could hurt and look fried but be perfectly fine in the morning. {#emotions_dlg.lol} My guess is that this device will actually DO something at some point. Just hoping to reduce fine lines and brighten the complexion. I have a feeling that if women do little things here and there over time they just look better than doing nothing at all and then freaking out when everything seems to get bad all at once. LOL I have a strong feeling that once certain hormonal changes hit we are at its mercy to a certain extent.

Your dogs will make you happier than any new lipgloss or eyeshadow…..we already have a lot of nice things so its time to relax and enjoy them. Planning future purchases is a great idea and gives us time to think. I used to do a lot more impulse shopping with makeup that I rarely do now. I'm really like the Trish McEvoy Number 3 and was told I smell good with it on. I am hoping for an hsn coupon so I can get a bottle of it. Too bad she doesn't do it in the rollerball or other configurations. I was tempted by the EL Pleasures Eau Fraiche (sp??) and they have a new Pleasures that is a floral with a "splash of coconut water" and I wanted to test that too.

My dog requires haircuts as he's a non shedder are yours like that? I end up spending more on his hair than my own. LOL

I do like the BG cream blush. It is very sheer and buildable. Looks really scary in the pan. When I first tried it at home I thought 'oh no what have I done!" then I retried it with a foundation brush and it looked very nice. It reads pinkish on me. Today I'm wearing JM Vacay Rose. I need to apply more again before going out. I tend to not put on enough because I'm scared I'll look overdone.

I can tell you that I LOVE the Forever Brandy shade and think you will too. A very pretty brown. I've determined that I look best in rich brown shades. BB has new 'gel liners' in pencil form that look really pretty. I was thinking of trying one-but will visit a counter first to check them out. They said they are good for tightlining. If thats the case they would be a few dollars less than Trish's and open up more shade options for me. Yesterday I threw on a NYX brown liner and it transferred terrible to my upper lid. Now I know why some of these were just sitting in my liner cup and why I ended up hunting for more. Mally also has new liners that are just like the new Smashbox one I got. Her price is great because she puts them in a duo but all have a black one and black is too harsh.

Thats good you are liking the oil. You have your list for Oct and there is nothing out there that will be gone forever by then. It reminds me of something I've been telling myself lately while trying to lose weight. "I can have that but just not right now." Its like chocolate….I'll never not eat it again but just right now I choose not to so I can get better results. When I do indulge it will be done thoughtfully and I will then enjoy it. I was SO tempted with the Ulta coupon to get the Lorac Pro Palette. I need shadows like hole in the head. yes in the cosmetic world Oct is not far away. LOL

Ok, question for you as I know you are more stylish than I. You know how I PINE over handbags. I found one I like in the camel shade. Do you think this is a good neutral for someone who wears cooler shades for most things? I have what is called Bronde hair (blonde/brown)-the blonde shades are cool toned. PerriTwin would be good with this as she matches bags to her outfits.

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/double+take+bag.do?sortby=ourPicks

SilentDance1396723692.4714518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/5/2014 bljed said:

Its amazing my face could hurt and look fried but be perfectly fine in the morning. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Exactly! That is what I was referring to.

My guess is that this device will actually DO something at some point. Just hoping to reduce fine lines and brighten the complexion. I have a feeling that if women do little things here and there over time they just look better than doing nothing at all and then freaking out when everything seems to get bad all at once. LOL I have a strong feeling that once certain hormonal changes hit we are at its mercy to a certain extent.

--As I said, I will read reviews and come October I will have more time and if you think it's worth it, I will definitely think about investing in it. I haven't been paying much attention to my skin these days except basics, so come October, I will be ready to try something new. I hope you'll still have good things to say. Please pay extra attention to any dark spots and see how it works. The spot on my cheek appears to get darker.

Your dogs will make you happier than any new lipgloss or eyeshadow…..we already have a lot of nice things so its time to relax and enjoy them. Planning future purchases is a great idea and gives us time to think. I used to do a lot more impulse shopping with makeup that I rarely do now. I'm really like the Trish McEvoy Number 3 and was told I smell good with it on. I am hoping for an hsn coupon so I can get a bottle of it. Too bad she doesn't do it in the rollerball or other configurations. I was tempted by the EL Pleasures Eau Fraiche (sp??) and they have a new Pleasures that is a floral with a "splash of coconut water" and I wanted to test that too.

---They are so cute but need a lot of training. Check the link through mrrebates for an HSN coupon. If they start a game or send me one, you can have it. I like the sound of the new pleasures. I ran around this morning and it was all dog related stuff except the bank. I would have liked to go to Macys. Maybe next week.

My dog requires haircuts as he's a non shedder are yours like that? I end up spending more on his hair than my own. LOL

--Non-shedder. Shi tzu/Yorkie mix. They had to be shaved because they were little messes. Their faces have a cute cut.

I do like the BG cream blush. It is very sheer and buildable. Looks really scary in the pan. When I first tried it at home I thought 'oh no what have I done!" then I retried it with a foundation brush and it looked very nice. It reads pinkish on me. Today I'm wearing JM Vacay Rose. I need to apply more again before going out. I tend to not put on enough because I'm scared I'll look overdone.

--I have th same fear and as careful as I try to be, I still have those days when I get to work and say "wha."

I can tell you that I LOVE the Forever Brandy shade and think you will too. A very pretty brown. I've determined that I look best in rich brown shades. BB has new 'gel liners' in pencil form that look really pretty. I was thinking of trying one-but will visit a counter first to check them out. They said they are good for tightlining. If thats the case they would be a few dollars less than Trish's and open up more shade options for me. Yesterday I threw on a NYX brown liner and it transferred terrible to my upper lid. Now I know why some of these were just sitting in my liner cup and why I ended up hunting for more. Mally also has new liners that are just like the new Smashbox one I got. Her price is great because she puts them in a duo but all have a black one and black is too harsh.

--I'm always on the lookout for a brown. I think I will order it with my gift card. Mally's liner smudged on me. It was in the free gift I got when I ordered during the ovarian cancer event.

Thats good you are liking the oil. You have your list for Oct and there is nothing out there that will be gone forever by then. It reminds me of something I've been telling myself lately while trying to lose weight. "I can have that but just not right now." Its like chocolate….I'll never not eat it again but just right now I choose not to so I can get better results. When I do indulge it will be done thoughtfully and I will then enjoy it. I was SO tempted with the Ulta coupon to get the Lorac Pro Palette. I need shadows like hole in the head. yes in the cosmetic world Oct is not far away. LOL

--It's amazing how fast you can actually go through stuff when you use it a lot, such as my Purity cleanser and YBF browliner. I purchased the Purity cleanser in November and it was the size with pump and 3/4 gone.

Ok, question for you as I know you are more stylish than I. You know how I PINE over handbags. I found one I like in the camel shade. Do you think this is a good neutral for someone who wears cooler shades for most things? I have what is called Bronde hair (blonde/brown)-the blonde shades are cool toned. PerriTwin would be good with this as she matches bags to her outfits.

--What is the hardware: silver, gold or brass tone? I ask because if it's gold or silver I won't wear it with any thing other gold or brassy tone jewelry. Silver hardware bags I wear with silver jewelry. I'm thinking if you wear a lot of cool shades, do you wear more silver jewelry? Anyway, I looked at the bag and it's very nice, but it reminds me of a warm tone handbag...burgandies, greens, browns etc. Camel shades always feel this way to me, but that's just me. I find the shade offwhite/bone is better with cool shades. Up until last season, matchy-matchy was out. Last season, I read a few articles where they were matching bags and shoe shades. I don't care too much for matching, but the shades should compliment each other.

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/double+take+bag.do?sortby=ourPicks

Last edited on 4/5/2014

bljed1396728737.136867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---They are so cute but need a lot of training. Check the link through mrrebates for an HSN coupon. If they start a game or send me one, you can have it. I like the sound of the new pleasures. I ran around this morning and it was all dog related stuff except the bank. I would have liked to go to Macys. Maybe next week.

I have a Shih tzu and they are heck to house break. A vet told me they are one of the most difficult breeds to housebreak. I think we've done really well with him and now he rings his poochie bells when he has to go outside.

http://poochie-pets.net

--I'm always on the lookout for a brown. I think I will order it with my gift card. Mally's liner smudged on me. It was in the free gift I got when I ordered during the ovarian cancer event.

Let me know how you like it.

--It's amazing how fast you can actually go through stuff when you use it a lot, such as my Purity cleanser and YBF browliner. I purchased the Purity cleanser in November and it was the size with pump and 3/4 gon

Oh you're not kidding. I'm going through Argan Milk like crazy. Wish is was a bit less pricey.

The handbag is warm to me as well, as all shades of camel are. This one did not look 'orangey' or overly warm and it has silver tone hardware, which is why I think I liked it so much. Anyhow, yes I wear mainly silver jewelry but can and do wear some gold if the shades are right. I wear a lot of different clothing colors all of which I can see working with the bag, navy, red, pink, teal, burgundy. What I don't wear much of are browns. Once had a rich chocolate brown pea coat that I did like a lot.

Liked the bag in taupe a lot but its so cold weather looking. I do have a bone colored tote I'm using now but don't love it. In the warmer weather I tend to wear white quite a bit, love a good white tee shirt. Cream doesn't work for me. Trying to do something different here because I'm tired of the same bag shades I guess.

SilentDance1396740240.67314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/5/2014 bljed said:

I have a Shih tzu and they are heck to house break. A vet told me they are one of the most difficult breeds to housebreak. I think we've done really well with him and now he rings his poochie bells when he has to go outside.

http://poochie-pets.net

--I placed an order with wag dot com this morning and saw that. I have to take another look at it. I'm so use to larger dogs who just went to the door and either cried to go out or swiped their paw on the door. I've never had a smal l dog before and now I've got double the trouble. lol I read that Yorkies are harder to train.

Let me know how you like it.

--It's amazing how fast you can actually go through stuff when you use it a lot, such as my Purity cleanser and YBF browliner. I purchased the Purity cleanser in November and it was the size with pump and 3/4 gon

Oh you're not kidding. I'm going through Argan Milk like crazy. Wish is was a bit less pricey.

--Did you buy it from Sephora with 15% off?

The handbag is warm to me as well, as all shades of camel are. This one did not look or overly warm and it has silver tone hardware, which is why I think I liked it so much. Anyhow, yes I wear mainly silver jewelry but can and do wear some gold if the shades are right. I wear a lot of different clothing colors all of which I can see working with the bag, navy, red, pink, teal, burgundy. What I don't wear much of are browns. Once had a rich chocolate brown pea coat that I did like a lot.

---Yes, I can see those shades working with it as well. Would you consider a blue bag too? They have some really nice handbags in blue. Honey might be a nice shade too to go with all the clothes colors for spring/summer.

Liked the bag in taupe a lot but its so cold weather looking. I do have a bone colored tote I'm using now but don't love it. In the warmer weather I tend to wear white quite a bit, love a good white tee shirt. Cream doesn't work for me. Trying to do something different here because I'm tired of the same bag shades I guess.

--I agree about Taupe and it's not very interesting either. I think there is more variety in cloth handbags and bags like fossil that makes interesting shades and textures.

--I think you will need to shop around like last time and find a handbag that hits your eye.

bljed1396742597.1036867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I placed an order with wag dot com this morning and saw that. I have to take another look at it. I'm so use to larger dogs who just went to the door and either cried to go out or swiped their paw on the door. I've never had a smal l dog before and now I've got double the trouble. lol I read that Yorkies are harder to train.

The problem I was having with my dog was that he was too quiet and we did not have any idea if he had to go or not. I took him out regularly but if I was busy I did not trust it. The vet recommended Poochie Bells and sure enough they work! He uses his nose to ring the bells. Honestly when he was a puppy I did not think he'd 'get it' but he did.

--Did you buy it from Sephora with 15% off?

No I'm on auto delivery and the price is a bit less than Sephora. It did not dawn on me to order from Sephora and the order would be under $50.

--I think you will need to shop around like last time and find a handbag that hits your eye.

Well that one did catch my eye. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I may order it. I think with the silver hardware and the fact that it works with colors I wear it might work fine. I like some of the blue bags but I wear a lot of denim and have 2 blue jackets so I think its not enough contrast. Checked online photos and camel bags looked great with so many clothing shades, even white. I'm using this bone Fossil tote right now that I bought last year. I'm a bit disappointed because the straps were coming apart a bit. Rather expensive, and not used a lot for something to not have held up better.

SilentDance1396786089.8314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/5/2014 bljed said:

The problem I was having with my dog was that he was too quiet and we did not have any idea if he had to go or not. I took him out regularly but if I was busy I did not trust it. The vet recommended Poochie Bells and sure enough they work! He uses his nose to ring the bells. Honestly when he was a puppy I did not think he'd 'get it' but he did.

--It's only been a little less than two weeks. I have no idea how these dogs were trained or not so It's going to take time. If nothing else, I do have the patience to work with them.

No I'm on auto delivery and the price is a bit less than Sephora. It did not dawn on me to order from Sephora and the order would be under $50.

--The total before using discount does not affect shipping cost, so keep that in mind. If your AD is cheaper than using a 15% than don't bother with it. I forget how much the argan milk was and I need to use it up otherwise I will regret that purchase.

Well that one did catch my eye. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--Then you should order it. You don't want regrets because it may not be available or you will purchase something in person that is second choice and never be as happy with it.

I may order it. I think with the silver hardware and the fact that it works with colors I wear it might work fine. I like some of the blue bags but I wear a lot of denim and have 2 blue jackets so I think its not enough contrast. Checked online photos and camel bags looked great with so many clothing shades, even white. I'm using this bone Fossil tote right now that I bought last year. I'm a bit disappointed because the straps were coming apart a bit. Rather expensive, and not used a lot for something to not have held up better.

--That type of bag never goes out of style, so you will get many years of use from it.

--I ordered Sunshine Grace and a BM kit that includes the cell serum, moisturizer and cleanser to try (35.00). I used my macys gift card. I didn't order the liner because I have a $25.00 amex coupon and I will buy that in the store.

bljed1396803199.16867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- today I get a break from the laser. LOL Last night my face got red and stung for a while but not as bad as the first night on Level 2.

Today I did my "Trish face" with bronzer and all. Its very easy to just open that planner and use whats in it. Other than brow product and lipstick I don't have to rummage through my drawers. I will continue to remind myself of this next time I'm tempted by another palette and/or products. Its really no different than having a nice cosmetic bag, keeping everything in it and just using that. I'll be curious about the next TS but right off the bat did not look like something I'd feel a strong desire to order.

I've never heard of Sunshine Grace. You'll have to let me know about it. I would love another bottle of Summer Grace oil mist but thats it from the line. Leaves the skin smelling so nice. I have a TON of the perfume left from last year. I had gotten the TSV. Went through the body scrub pretty fast.

SilentDance1397439401.55314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

hi bljed,

How is the tria going? I hope as well as it did earlier. I agree that the planners were very convenient. I wish I didn't have so much makeup that I really like otherwise I think I would have kept it. Some nights I just use my Purity wipes and don't even get to apply skincare. It's so unlike me, but the days fly by and there is not enough time to pamper myself.

I did receive Sunshine Grace and like it a lot. It reminds me of a lighter BB Beach scent. I did purchase a small BE skincare set, but haven't even tried it yet. Today, all I applied was sunscreen because I did some yard work in between running out for yard supplies. I though I might get to Macys cosmetics, but no such luck. Is the body scrub you referred to one of the olive oil scrubs? I am working on using up all my shower gels and moisturizers and hopefully I won't have to restock until the end of the year.

Did you order your handbag? I was looking at some online today and a blue sky shade Fossil handbag called Sydney caught my eye, but I realized the last thing I need is another handbag. I need to change over my clothes because I do think the warmer weather is officially here-FINALLY! Time for a home pedicure too.

bljed1397473150.556867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi Silentdance- I'm fine but the Tria isn't!! I haven't been able to do a treatment for about 4 days now. It won't hold a charge. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Half way through my second week into treatments it conked out. I called Tria for a new charger but have decided to return this unit to qvc. I just don't trust it. I will wait and retry this product at a later time. Very disappointed. I will also not purchase it from qvc, maybe Sephora. For example yesterday it charged for over 10 hours and I was only able to get through ONE treatment area before the battery died (they divide our face into 4 zones). So only my left cheek, under eye area got a treatment. A lot of people are posting about charging issue and that Tria has known of this issue for over a year. Ridiculous. For many waiting for new chargers you are then not able to take advantage of the full 90 day guarantee to see if it actually works for you because you get a late start.

Ok, Sunshine Grace is a light beachy scent. I don't care for any of those so thats good. lol The Summer Grace body scrub was not an olive oil scrub. Just a regular scented scrub in a tube. It was very nice.

Well, I went to order the handbag and it was SOLD out.

yes, it seems that spring is finally here. What a relief. I have been getting outdoors much more and it feels great. Have also been wearing very little makeup. I haven't bought any new makeup and am not sure I will for a while or not. I'd love to find something light but hydrating that would even out my skin tone a bit. For the first time yesterday wore the BB pink shimmer lipstick and its really nice for warm weather.

SilentDance1397482738.79714518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/14/2014 bljed said:

Hi Silentdance- I'm fine but the Tria isn't!! I haven't been able to do a treatment for about 4 days now. It won't hold a charge. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Half way through my second week into treatments it conked out. I called Tria for a new charger but have decided to return this unit to qvc. I just don't trust it. I will wait and retry this product at a later time. Very disappointed. I will also not purchase it from qvc, maybe Sephora. For example yesterday it charged for over 10 hours and I was only able to get through ONE treatment area before the battery died (they divide our face into 4 zones). So only my left cheek, under eye area got a treatment. A lot of people are posting about charging issue and that Tria has known of this issue for over a year. Ridiculous. For many waiting for new chargers you are then not able to take advantage of the full 90 day guarantee to see if it actually works for you because you get a late start.

--hi bljed,

I read reviews and there were hits and misses with the charger and I was hoping yours was a hit. I think it's unacceptable for a mfg to sell a product when they know it can be defective, especially a high end item. I agree that the time you wait for the charger, your guarantee time will be loss. Since you liked it and only had an issue with charger, it would be wise to wait for a Sephora or other site discount and then purchase it. By that time, hopefully they will have many returns and complaints and will have to fix the issue.

Ok, Sunshine Grace is a light beachy scent. I don't care for any of those so thats good. lol The Summer Grace body scrub was not an olive oil scrub. Just a regular scented scrub in a tube. It was very nice.

---Oh, that was part of the TSV, so I guess the tube scrub wouldn't be available any where else. I'm wondering if Summer Grace will be a separate TSV or if it's discontinued because it wasn't offered in the last TSV. I would consider buying.

Well, I went to order the handbag and it was SOLD out.

--Oh no! Keep checking, I'm sure they may get more in.

yes, it seems that spring is finally here. What a relief. I have been getting outdoors much more and it feels great. Have also been wearing very little makeup. I haven't bought any new makeup and am not sure I will for a while or not. I'd love to find something light but hydrating that would even out my skin tone a bit. For the first time yesterday wore the BB pink shimmer lipstick and its really nice for warm weather.

--Even though it was a lot hard work out in the yard yesterday cleaning up, it still felt good to be outside. I have more work to do and plan to do a little each day this week. I just changed over my clothes and like makeup I felt like tossing it all. I would like to streamline my clothes, and just chalk up all the over buying to a good lesson learned. Like makeup, how much clothes and shoes (and handbags) does one need? I am beginning to see, the answer is very little.

--BTW, does your pup suffer from separation anxiety? I think that is a problem here. They are good when someone is home, and if not they can be a bit destructive. We had a bad night last night....they woke up early and the barking by the male went on for at least two hours.

:(

bljed1397520265.866867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- today I got my new Tria charger. I'm charging it to see how long it takes etc. I do feel it would be best to return this unit but another part of me wants to keep going with it. The concern would be if I had any future issues with the unit, then I'd tell myself it was my fault because I had trouble from the get go.

--Even though it was a lot hard work out in the yard yesterday cleaning up, it still felt good to be outside. I have more work to do and plan to do a little each day this week. I just changed over my clothes and like makeup I felt like tossing it all. I would like to streamline my clothes, and just chalk up all the over buying to a good lesson learned. Like makeup, how much clothes and shoes (and handbags) does one need? I am beginning to see, the answer is very little.

Well, yes lessens are learned and we don't need a ton of stuff. I ironically don't have enough clothes, shoes or bags and need to actually shop at some point here!!! I need to figure out how to build a wardrobe. Now that my kids are getting older and I don't have to worry about stains etc all over myself its nice to rethink things. I'll go shopping and not buy anything because I am so uncertain about my "style". I think it is because I need a starting point to build from. Also, who wants to buy clothes while dieting??

No my pup has never suffered from separation anxiety. I crate trained him and I know his crate was a great comfort to him. He felt safe and secure in it. The night barking is awful. My dog has done that a couple of times. Its too bad yours are doing that because they do have each other. When my dog was younger and I would go upstairs or leave him for a bit he would tear up stuff. He's shredded an entire box of tissues, he dragged my laptop off the coffee table, tore up magazines, pulled up area rugs and ate legos and ear buds. I've baby proofed the downstairs for him but sometimes its tricky. As he's gotten older he's better. He'll be 2 later this month. I don't really think he got anxious when I left him it felt more like he was mad at me for not letting him come with me! I do know someone whose dog had terrible separation anxiety when they went to work. Eventually the dog out grew it. Now its all good if they just leave the tv on for him while they're gone.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1397853794.9314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/14/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- today I got my new Tria charger. I'm charging it to see how long it takes etc. I do feel it would be best to return this unit but another part of me wants to keep going with it. The concern would be if I had any future issues with the unit, then I'd tell myself it was my fault because I had trouble from the get go.

--Hi bljed, I didn't know you asked for another charger, I thought it would take too long. Anyway, if it's just the charger and they replaced it with a functioning one, it should be good. It sounds to me that you like using it. It also sounds like customer service was pretty good. How's it going, are you liking results?

Well, yes lessens are learned and we don't need a ton of stuff. I ironically don't have enough clothes, shoes or bags and need to actually shop at some point here!!! I need to figure out how to build a wardrobe. Now that my kids are getting older and I don't have to worry about stains etc all over myself its nice to rethink things. I'll go shopping and not buy anything because I am so uncertain about my "style". I think it is because I need a starting point to build from. Also, who wants to buy clothes while dieting??

--I hate shopping in stores, but do not mind internet shopping. Without internet shopping I'd probably have less clothes and handbags too. Prices are always best on line.

No my pup has never suffered from separation anxiety. I crate trained him and I know his crate was a great comfort to him. He felt safe and secure in it. The night barking is awful. My dog has done that a couple of times. Its too bad yours are doing that because they do have each other. When my dog was younger and I would go upstairs or leave him for a bit he would tear up stuff. He's shredded an entire box of tissues, he dragged my laptop off the coffee table, tore up magazines, pulled up area rugs and ate legos and ear buds. I've baby proofed the downstairs for him but sometimes its tricky. As he's gotten older he's better. He'll be 2 later this month. I don't really think he got anxious when I left him it felt more like he was mad at me for not letting him come with me! I do know someone whose dog had terrible separation anxiety when they went to work. Eventually the dog out grew it. Now its all good if they just leave the tv on for him while they're gone.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

--It's morning barking and it's barking for anything. I told him to stop doing something before and he carried on with the barking for a long time. Pad training for piddling is coming a long and they piddle outside too, but pooing is a whole different story. We will continue to work on it. Honestly, I don't think it's anxiety but more spitefulness..they were suppose to be attached to each other but they are more attached to me. lol Either way, I have no idea how they were raised, so it's a lot of retraining and habit breaking. I adore them and they make me happy, so whatever it is we will all deal with it and I am sure it will all work out in the end.

--Purchased the Korres body butter TS on HSN. Korres has been really helpful with the drysies left over from the winter. Also purchased the Mally lip products last night on the Q. Although there was nothing I needed or wanted, I always support their special events and decided to give the Mally lippies a try. Also, I had finished up a buxom and thought I had more and didn't. I could have purchased with 15% off but had no idea I was on my last one. It's my HG mascara so I had to purchase from Sephora. I am rouge, so it cost nothing to ship. I received a deluxe sample of Guerlain meteorites and am really surprised how nice this finishing powder is. It's pricey, but in October with discount I may purchase another shade. That's it for me, everything purchased has been for the dogs. Funny, when they see a box delivered they sit and watch me and just hope a toy for them will be making it's way to them. They actually got four small furry toys tonight and they are having a ball with them (before they start fighting over them). Wag dot com is my new favorite (and doggy) internet site. lol

bljed1397855746.1336867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--Hi bljed, I didn't know you asked for another charger, I thought it would take too long. Anyway, if it's just the charger and they replaced it with a functioning one, it should be good. It sounds to me that you like using it. It also sounds like customer service was pretty good. How's it going, are you liking results?

Hi SilentDance- yes I had to ask for a new charger because my Tria died while using it. It would not hold a charge so I was forced to take a few days off from the treatments. Its a weird thing….my skin is tolerating it better the more I use it and I'm on Level 3. While I still find it uncomfortable the redness and burning did not last as long last night and the redness was literally half of what it was just the night before. I wake up with normal looking skin but is very dry. My one deeper forehead line looks better which seemed impossible but the texture had gotten rather rough and it felt like the skin was coming off a bit. I'm thinking there may have been some 'sloughing' and they may have created the improved appearance. Other than that nothing else as you really don't see results with this until you go into the 4 week 'rest' phase. Apparently the laser penetrates and disrupts cells so that they create more collagen. While you're in the treatment phase you keep disrupting things so its in the 'recovery' part of it that the results occur. Hopefully that makes some sense. I still have mixed feelings about the whole situation and I noticed yesterday in full daylight that my skin looked good to me. Better than I realized. I began to wonder if I should have waited a bit longer before diving into this.

--I hate shopping in stores, but do not mind internet shopping. Without internet shopping I'd probably have less clothes and handbags too. Prices are always best on line.

I don't care much for it either but I do need to try clothing on. I'm not sure of my size anymore and what styles may be more flattering.

Yes, I do know dogs can be naughty when they are spiteful. They are pretty smart and I think can try to manipulate you. LOL My dog was tough to housebreak and we still don't 'trust' him 100% but I can see that the last time he peed on the floor it was super early in the morning and he could not hold it anymore. He's a quite little guy and won't bother to bark if he has to go out. I'd rather be woken up than clean up. We too are very patient and love him so much that we just keep up with the routine. I think if you just keep with the training and being very consistent it will fall into place. My dog is a creature of habit and when we've had adjust things at times I can tell it would throw him off. He has come to expect things at a certain time. My dog loves his toys but I really need to get him a toy basket because they are all over the floor!

Haven't bought any new makeup or beauty products. The Trish planner looks pretty to me. Changing up my hair color a bit so that is sort of fun.

SilentDance1397857000.4614518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/18/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- yes I had to ask for a new charger because my Tria died while using it. It would not hold a charge so I was forced to take a few days off from the treatments. Its a weird thing….my skin is tolerating it better the more I use it and I'm on Level 3. While I still find it uncomfortable the redness and burning did not last as long last night and the redness was literally half of what it was just the night before. I wake up with normal looking skin but is very dry. My one deeper forehead line looks better which seemed impossible but the texture had gotten rather rough and it felt like the skin was coming off a bit. I'm thinking there may have been some 'sloughing' and they may have created the improved appearance. Other than that nothing else as you really don't see results with this until you go into the 4 week 'rest' phase. Apparently the laser penetrates and disrupts cells so that they create more collagen. While you're in the treatment phase you keep disrupting things so its in the 'recovery' part of it that the results occur. Hopefully that makes some sense. I still have mixed feelings about the whole situation and I noticed yesterday in full daylight that my skin looked good to me. Better than I realized. I began to wonder if I should have waited a bit longer before diving into this.

---do you mean you think your skin looked good and not due to the tria at all? It's possible. I think we are our own worse critics. I use to get crazy with stuff..see a line, change my skincare. etc. I think because of the Tria investment of time and money, you may be just second guessing yourself. You have 3 months to give it a good trial and then make a decision. Yes, I understand what you meant because in the rest phase that is when everything starts building. It happens every night while sleeping naturally, that is why it is important to get 8 hours rest.

Yes, I do know dogs can be naughty when they are spiteful. They are pretty smart and I think can try to manipulate you. LOL My dog was tough to housebreak and we still don't 'trust' him 100% but I can see that the last time he peed on the floor it was super early in the morning and he could not hold it anymore. He's a quite little guy and won't bother to bark if he has to go out. I'd rather be woken up than clean up. We too are very patient and love him so much that we just keep up with the routine. I think if you just keep with the training and being very consistent it will fall into place. My dog is a creature of habit and when we've had adjust things at times I can tell it would throw him off. He has come to expect things at a certain time. My dog loves his toys but I really need to get him a toy basket because they are all over the floor!

--I've been putting the toys in the crate and he takes them out, one by one by one. It keeps him busy for a while and it manages to distract him sometimes from doing something naughty. The male definitely has a lot more energy than the female. She's a good girl but not very personable. He has all the friendliness and personality, but gets himself into trouble a lot. lol

Haven't bought any new makeup or beauty products. The Trish planner looks pretty to me. Changing up my hair color a bit so that is sort of fun.

bljed1397909038.6536867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---do you mean you think your skin looked good and not due to the tria at all? It's possible. I think we are our own worse critics. I use to get crazy with stuff..see a line, change my skincare. etc. I think because of the Tria investment of time and money, you may be just second guessing yourself. You have 3 months to give it a good trial and then make a decision. Yes, I understand what you meant because in the rest phase that is when everything starts building. It happens every night while sleeping naturally, that is why it is important to get 8 hours rest

Yes, I think my skin looks good without the Tria. lol Being realistic….I've worn daily sunscreen for many years and have not tanned myself since I was about 22. I'm not unhappy with my skin for my age. This winter was tough, not sleeping as well…getting up in the morning and getting ready with the mag mirror was painful at times. {#emotions_dlg.lol} The other day I pulled out my CK lipstick and applied it before leaving the house in full daylight. I was surprised that in a regular mirror all those 'flaws' I was obsessing over were minimal or not noticeable. Thats what made me wonder if I should have waited a bit longer to try the Tria. On the flip side we know our faces and I can see those areas where aging is visible to me and because I haven't had luck with retinols and vitamin C then perhaps this is the best way to build collagen and therefore the skin will look better longer and improve the fine lines??

I'm also a bit concerned about the batch of them sold by qvc. Remember that pressure cooker problem we had!!!!

--I've been putting the toys in the crate and he takes them out, one by one by one. It keeps him busy for a while and it manages to distract him sometimes from doing something naughty. The male definitely has a lot more energy than the female. She's a good girl but not very personable. He has all the friendliness and personality, but gets himself into trouble a lot. lol

Its so funny how the toys keep them busy. How old are they? I adopted my last dog when he was 6. He was excellent and tightly bonded to me but a nervous dog. He would growl if you touched his toys or thought you were taking something of his away. A little sad because I knew his last home situation wasn't very good. He grew to be more secure and loving but not in the way my dog is now. The one I got as a puppy. He's so comfortable he'll just lay out in the middle of the floor on his back with people walking by…waiting for someone to stop and rub his tummy.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1397931598.8314518 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 4/19/2014 bljed said:

Yes, I think my skin looks good without the Tria. lol Being realistic….I've worn daily sunscreen for many years and have not tanned myself since I was about 22. I'm not unhappy with my skin for my age. This winter was tough, not sleeping as well…getting up in the morning and getting ready with the mag mirror was painful at times. {#emotions_dlg.lol} The other day I pulled out my CK lipstick and applied it before leaving the house in full daylight. I was surprised that in a regular mirror all those 'flaws' I was obsessing over were minimal or not noticeable. Thats what made me wonder if I should have waited a bit longer to try the Tria. On the flip side we know our faces and I can see those areas where aging is visible to me and because I haven't had luck with retinols and vitamin C then perhaps this is the best way to build collagen and therefore the skin will look better longer and improve the fine lines??

--Perhaps, it was the blah of winter and some tiredness you were seeing. The past couple of days I felt like I looked so much older, yet today I didn't see it. Mood, is a big factor for me.

I'm also a bit concerned about the batch of them sold by qvc. Remember that pressure cooker problem we had!!!!

--That I could understand and would be a concern for me too. Yep some people had no problems with the pressure cooker, yet others did.

Its so funny how the toys keep them busy. How old are they? I adopted my last dog when he was 6. He was excellent and tightly bonded to me but a nervous dog. He would growl if you touched his toys or thought you were taking something of his away. A little sad because I knew his last home situation wasn't very good. He grew to be more secure and loving but not in the way my dog is now. The one I got as a puppy. He's so comfortable he'll just lay out in the middle of the floor on his back with people walking by…waiting for someone to stop and rub his tummy.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

--I was told about a year, but the vet believes the female to be older. The male is very playful and full of energy and he may even be younger. He gets a little aggressive with the female due to jealousy of me, but I have not seen any toy or food aggressions. My other dog who was a rescue was only 3 months when we got her and the cat was 8 weeks, so I've never had a dog other than puppies to raise since I was a kid. This was the first time I've had "older" dogs coming into my house. I let them both run around the yard today unleashed. They did good on their own, and when I came in they came in..so, I didn't have to chase them down. The male needs to run and play to burn off the energy. lol

--Their story - breeding pair and from the looks of it she never left the crate. Who knows what the truth is because when someone drops pets off at shelters, they can say anything. She will be more of a problem with housebreaking than he will. He is definitely smarter of the two.They are finally taking treats-I don't think they ever had any. We are all adjusting well and that is all I can ask for at this time.

bljed1398039784.736867 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--Their story - breeding pair and from the looks of it she never left the crate. Who knows what the truth is because when someone drops pets off at shelters, they can say anything. She will be more of a problem with housebreaking than he will. He is definitely smarter of the two.They are finally taking treats-I don't think they ever had any. We are all adjusting well and that is all I can ask for at this time.

Poor girl….thankfully she's now with you. Yes, you never really know what the truth is. I just cannot imagine treating animals so poorly like that.

Sitting here with my Tria sunburn. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I have to check a calendar and figure out my stop date. Things got off track when it died so I'm going to count the first two weeks as 'one'. I'll be starting my third week technically on Tuesday. I'm going to do it nightly unless my skin gets too red or crazy dry. The texture is like sandpaper in some areas….I could probably refinish furniture by rubbing my face against it. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Just placed a replenishment order with PC. My spf 30 day moisturizer was on sale. Perfect timing because I'm running out. Also nearly out of cleanser so I got more of that as well. Bought DD a non greasy spf 50 for sports and got a free deluxe size of the Resist moisturizer. I hope my argan milk also makes it do the next auto delivery. For the first time in my life I'm repurchasing the same products and using them to the last drop. Very nice.

Last edited on 4/20/2014

Page 83 of 83