Better Than Black Friday
144 Members and 15713 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1416018767.457 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 102 of 102
SilentDance1414717995.56314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/30/2014 bljed said:

SilentDance i had a feeling you'd get the Vitamix quickly! There really is no set up….the only thing that took me a few minutes was going over the instructions. Also watched the dvd.

thanks for the tips on liner. I should have done a little 'research ' prior to shopping. LOL

-I'm glad you like it, I thought it was nice. Bright isn't always bad if it's a bright shade that suits us.

I think the brighter pink works for me. I suppose if it looked crazy I'd notice it. Well, speaking of crazy color I looked like a mess with the Trish Red crayon on. {#emotions_dlg.lol} The other 2 seem workable. The Rose looked ok on the lips, haven't tried the cheeks. The Pink I'm a bit undecided on for a lip shade but looked great as blush.

Oh, just checking did I line with the Red crayon ok?? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

You did fabulous dahling and I do believe you have started a trend in lip liner. Next time, may I suggest a little bronzer and eye brow pencil to go along with that brilliant lip! I think you might have liked the nude and you could have definitely mixed it with the pink shade in the duo. To be honest, these days, reds scare me to purchase but when they are included I end blotting down well and saying "that's not too bad." Maybe you will like it more next time you try.

I set the vitamix on the counter and will read recipes and watch the DVD. I will get a little shopping list together for the weekend ingredients.

I wore one of the buttercreams today. I like the texture since it's not gooey and sticky, nice taste that I think is vanilla, but like anything else these days has limited staying power. I like the shade, very sheer and applies better with a balm on first since it initially looks a little streaky before smoothing out. I will try all the shades and as of now I have no regrets buying.

I received the Too Faced Melted lipsticks and I know two shades are way too bright/bold but the first two shades are what I like to wear. For $26.00 for 4 smaller sizes is worth it since I've been wanting to try and I will give the other two away.

:)

Last edited on 10/30/2014

bljed1414719529.1177202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

This looks so good for the Ninja!!

http://eatathomecooks.com/2013/10/slow-cooker-caramel-apple-crisp.html

bljed1414720448.0977202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Next time, may I suggest a little bronzer and eye brow pencil to go along with that brilliant lip! I think you might have liked the nude and you could have definitely mixed it with the pink shade in the duo. To be honest, these days, reds scare me to purchase but when they are included I end blotting down well and saying "that's not too bad." Maybe you will like it more next time you try.

++thanks for the tips. As you can see you've been SO helpful already!! AS for the Nude shade I'd have to see it in person. The PInk and Rose are paler than my natural lip shade and sometimes that isn't as great on fair skin. Lighter shades can be nice if they have some vibrancy to them otherwise I find they wash out the face.

I set the vitamix on the counter and will read recipes and watch the DVD. I will get a little shopping list together for the weekend ingredients.

++start slow so you don't end up with a ton of stuff to have to work with. I liked the tomato soup I had made in it. I'm in the market for a large dutch oven right now but don't want to spend $$$ on a Le Crueset.

I wore one of the buttercreams today. I like the texture since it's not gooey and sticky, nice taste that I think is vanilla, but like anything else these days has limited staying power. I like the shade, very sheer and applies better with a balm on first since it initially looks a little streaky before smoothing out. I will try all the shades and as of now I have no regrets buying.

++I have one shade and really like it. was thinking of going back for a second. I have Sassy Sorbet and was thinking of Punchy Melon. Do you have PM?

I received the Too Faced Melted lipsticks and I know two shades are way too bright/bold but the first two shades are what I like to wear. For $26.00 for 4 smaller sizes is worth it since I've been wanting to try and I will give the other two away.

++I had checked those out when they first hit the stores. I did not find a shade I liked enough to buy. Good thing you can give some away. I cannot often do that so things feel more wasted.

SilentDance1414803065.88714858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

This looks awesome!! Great find. I will try it for Thanksgiving.

I found an apple pie smoothie yesterday while browsing on line:

https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes/A/P/Apple-Pie-Smoothie

It might be in the vitamix book that I didn't get a chance to look at yet.

SilentDance1414803511.53314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

++thanks for the tips. As you can see you've been SO helpful already!! AS for the Nude shade I'd have to see it in person. The PInk and Rose are paler than my natural lip shade and sometimes that isn't as great on fair skin. Lighter shades can be nice if they have some vibrancy to them otherwise I find they wash out the face.

---I forgot to try the melteds this morning. I bought it for the melted nude and melted peony shades. Let's see how that goes.

--I am not going out until Sunday to buy some stuff to get it in order. I am going to buy ingredients for two different type smoothies and a soup and that's it. I don't want to be throwing out food.

++start slow so you don't end up with a ton of stuff to have to work with. I liked the tomato soup I had made in it. I'm in the market for a large dutch oven right now but don't want to spend $$$ on a Le Crueset.

---My sentiments exactly. Did you see the Le Crueset on QVC, I couldn't believe the prices. I'll take two please. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

++I have one shade and really like it. was thinking of going back for a second. I have Sassy Sorbet and was thinking of Punchy Melon. Do you have PM?

--I grabbed a different shade today, deeper and more nude and I liked it. I can't read the names without my glasses in the morning, print so small.

++I had checked those out when they first hit the stores. I did not find a shade I liked enough to buy. Good thing you can give some away. I cannot often do that so things feel more wasted.

--My sons girlfriend is a good source for that. Everything I've given her is brand new. I have a few TF palettes of blush/bronzer hardly used and some in the palette never used and I want to offer but I don't know if that is offensive? She's a young lady and I don't think she can afford better makeup so the TF would be nice. What do you think?

--I went a little overboard with BB Antigua this morning and didn't even notice until I got to work. Candy clown has a whole new meaning. I really need to revisit my mac blushes. lol

--did you get a $5.00 coupon from Ulta? They sent me one.

bljed1414845505.4637202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 10/31/2014 SilentDance said:

SilentDance- I think I'm going to make the apple crisp this weekend/today so I'll give you a review. I"ve never made anything like this as its not my typical apple crisp. Of course I don't NEED to be eating this but waiting for Thanksgiving would be great except its too difficult for me to transport.

I'll check and see if I have that apple pie smoothie recipe-sounds familiar.

bljed1414847025.6337202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---I forgot to try the melteds this morning. I bought it for the melted nude and melted peony shades. Let's see how that goe

Hopefully you'll like them. I would have bought one that day I looked if I had found a shade.

---My sentiments exactly. Did you see the Le Crueset on QVC, I couldn't believe the prices. I'll take two please. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Oh, I understand…..I bought 2 for the gift closet!!! I like Cooks Country and they had sent me an email with their top rated dutch oven and it was very affordable and available on Amazon. I will get that one if I can find one larger than the one I have. I have one from qvc that was very pretty and very affordable on clearance but its all chipped up. The darn thing started chipping right away despite proper care. A real shame because it was such a pretty one. I do use it because the issues are cosmetic.

--My sons girlfriend is a good source for that. Everything I've given her is brand new. I have a few TF palettes of blush/bronzer hardly used and some in the palette never used and I want to offer but I don't know if that is offensive? She's a young lady and I don't think she can afford better makeup so the TF would be nice. What do you think?

That is a bit tough to answer not knowing her. I'm assuming she enjoys what you have given her that is new? If so then next time you give her something unused you could mention to her that you have some very lightly used items that you are not using but wanted to offer to her if she would like them. Keep it very no pressure. If you just give them to her she may act gracious to not hurt your feelings but some people are grossed out by used makeup. Others would welcome it! Especially if its just powder products that are barely touched. As for 'not affording better makeup" I would not consider that a factor. When I was younger I was very happy at the drugstore and then dabbled a bit with a few EL items. I never gave any thought that the makeup I was buying at the drugstore was not as good as dept store. Of course things are different now because the cosmetic industry has exploded with so many different brands and young women who like makeup have so many options-costs are higher and more pricey brands seem standerd.

--I went a little overboard with BB Antigua this morning and didn't even notice until I got to work. Candy clown has a whole new meaning. I really need to revisit my mac blushes. lol

Anything can be over done. My biggest issue is I think I'm ok when I leave but when I check in that darn rear view mirror it looks like i have no blush on! BTW I tried the Rose Trish crayon yesterday for blush and its a great shade. I really think you should give the crayons a try as blushes. When I tried the Red crayon on the other day I kept singing "Send in the Clowns". LOL

Nope, I've been getting NOTHING from them and its not making any sense. I shop there from time to time and when I shopped less I got all the good coupons. Well, this time around I haven't yet purchased anything and today is the last day of the 20% off sale.

SilentDance1414978686.8714858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/1/2014 bljed said:
On 10/31/2014 SilentDance said:

SilentDance- I think I'm going to make the apple crisp this weekend/today so I'll give you a review. I"ve never made anything like this as its not my typical apple crisp. Of course I don't NEED to be eating this but waiting for Thanksgiving would be great except its too difficult for me to transport.

I'll check and see if I have that apple pie smoothie recipe-sounds familiar.

hi bljed,

Did you try it? I hope you like it because I really want to make it. Been busy furniture shopping and didn't even get to try the vitamix yet although I did buy some ingredients, mostly fruit and yogurt for smoothies. Costco had papaya and mangos and I thought I would look for something to make. They also sell the crate of pomegranate and would like to look for a recipe for that too. I bought pineapple, grapes, apples and strawberries and frozen blueberries. I also bought peanuts because I am dying to try the peanut butter. I froze some bananas last night because I am going to try this recipe: chunky monkey made with banana and ice cubes and then add some choc chips and walnuts. Just a simple recipe but I like simple. I also bought spinach to add to above fruits and almond milk.

SilentDance1414979504.1914858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/1/2014 bljed said:

Hopefully you'll like them. I would have bought one that day I looked if I had found a shade.

--The melteds are ok. The nude leans a little orange on me and the pink is bolder than I expected. I'm not even going to try the two other shades because they are too bright for me.

Oh, I understand…..I bought 2 for the gift closet!!!

---Only 2? Did you forget the mail carrier and UPS person?

I like Cooks Country and they had sent me an email with their top rated dutch oven and it was very affordable and available on Amazon. I will get that one if I can find one larger than the one I have. I have one from qvc that was very pretty and very affordable on clearance but its all chipped up. The darn thing started chipping right away despite proper care. A real shame because it was such a pretty one. I do use it because the issues are cosmetic.

---That's a shame, they should be more careful with quality assurance, but I still think you should be able to get a good one for under $100.00.

That is a bit tough to answer not knowing her. I'm assuming she enjoys what you have given her that is new? If so then next time you give her something unused you could mention to her that you have some very lightly used items that you are not using but wanted to offer to her if she would like them. Keep it very no pressure. If you just give them to her she may act gracious to not hurt your feelings but some people are grossed out by used makeup. Others would welcome it! Especially if its just powder products that are barely touched. As for 'not affording better makeup" I would not consider that a factor. When I was younger I was very happy at the drugstore and then dabbled a bit with a few EL items. I never gave any thought that the makeup I was buying at the drugstore was not as good as dept store. Of course things are different now because the cosmetic industry has exploded with so many different brands and young women who like makeup have so many options-costs are higher and more pricey brands seem standerd.

--Thanks for your opinion. I will ask when I see her. I would never offer eye shadows or lipsticks but I thought it would be okay for blushes.

Anything can be over done. My biggest issue is I think I'm ok when I leave but when I check in that darn rear view mirror it looks like i have no blush on! BTW I tried the Rose Trish crayon yesterday for blush and its a great shade. I really think you should give the crayons a try as blushes. When I tried the Red crayon on the other day I kept singing "Send in the Clowns". LOL

--I did the same yesterday. I think it's hard for me to detect it in my morning lighting but then realize it's too much at work. I am going to try the pink crayon tomorrow

Nope, I've been getting NOTHING from them and its not making any sense. I shop there from time to time and when I shopped less I got all the good coupons. Well, this time around I haven't yet purchased anything and today is the last day of the 20% off sale.

--You should call them and see why you don't get it.

bljed1415060005.8637202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Did you try it? I hope you like it because I really want to make it. Been busy furniture shopping and didn't even get to try the vitamix yet although I did buy some ingredients, mostly fruit and yogurt for smoothies. Costco had papaya and mangos and I thought I would look for something to make. They also sell the crate of pomegranate and would like to look for a recipe for that too. I bought pineapple, grapes, apples and strawberries and frozen blueberries. I also bought peanuts because I am dying to try the peanut butter. I froze some bananas last night because I am going to try this recipe: chunky monkey made with banana and ice cubes and then add some choc chips and walnuts. Just a simple recipe but I like simple. I also bought spinach to add to above fruits and almond milk.

++Yes we did try it. Thought it was good. I would do it again but add an extra 2-3 apples because it is a lot of topping. Be sure to have some good vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce with it. I used Smuckers Salted Caramel and it was yummy.

++I also love simple!! I'm curious how the Chunky Monkey turns out. Spinach will be good to add to the fruit smoothies. I like along with the kale.

---Only 2? Did you forget the mail carrier and UPS person?

Yes, only 2. I got the UPS and mail carrier frozen lobster tails and crab cakes. Maybe I should have ordered them the recliners because they are so busy running around all day and need some relaxing. I think I'll give the Le Cruesets to my hairdresser and manicurist. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1415065018.50314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/3/2014 bljed said:

++Yes we did try it. Thought it was good. I would do it again but add an extra 2-3 apples because it is a lot of topping. Be sure to have some good vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce with it. I used Smuckers Salted Caramel and it was yummy.

--That sounds so good!! I would definitely add more apples.

++I also love simple!! I'm curious how the Chunky Monkey turns out. Spinach will be good to add to the fruit smoothies. I like along with the kale.

---Still didn't get to try it. Tomorrow for sure.

Yes, only 2. I got the UPS and mail carrier frozen lobster tails and crab cakes. Maybe I should have ordered them the recliners because they are so busy running around all day and need some relaxing. I think I'll give the Le Cruesets to my hairdresser and manicurist. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--You should have a Dooney gift closet like do, it comes in handy when my neighbor moves my trash cans to the curb. You know, just a token as a nice gesture of gratitude. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--I have to say that your recliner idea is very thoughtful, but nothing says "thank you" like a frozen crab cake.

---I walked out with blush this morning and good think I had my TM emergency card with bronzer which substituted as blush. At the end of the day I realized I had the TM crayon which is a blush too. I don't know what's going on lately, but I've been half dressing my face in the morning. lol

bljed1415147653.7637202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- excellant idea with the Dooneys. Honestly anyone that handles your trash without being paid deserves a little something! Thanks for increasing my confidence with the frozen crab cakes. I agree, seems like a wonderful way to say thank you.

Have you had the time to try the Vitamix yet? I haven't purchased any cosmetics but I did find a GREAT skincare item. For the past week I've been using PC new Resist Intensive Repair cream. Its been nicely hydrating and I've cut my use of the more pricey JM Argan Milk in 1/2. I'm using that in the morning only. The interesting thing was that I had this annoying bump on my cheek. Very small and the color of my skin but for weeks it just did not go away. Within 3 days of Paula's product its gone. Apparently it exfoliates while hydrating. It is a retinol product but i've had zero irritation. I've just been so impressed with her products. I'm thinking of trying the Resist cleanser because I have found that although the others I tried were great they were a bit too drying.

---I walked out with blush this morning and good think I had my TM emergency card with bronzer which substituted as blush. At the end of the day I realized I had the TM crayon which is a blush too. I don't know what's going on lately, but I've been half dressing my face in the morning. lol

I had a bit of difficulty understand what you wrote. Did you forget to wear blush? Perhaps that is good that you carry items with you just in case. I've been too rushed in the morning and end up putting on Mineral Veil on the go.

SilentDance1415241201.55314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

hi bljed,

Still have not tried the Vitamix but definitely a go tomorrow night.

I was able to place my Sephora order. First order no makeup and I felt bad for myself because I wanted the Buxom Dolly palette so I ordered that the second time with the mineral veil compact from the BM TSV that I didn't keep. I really liked the finish of the product.

I really botched that post and yes I went out without blush. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I think my lil monsters are interrupting me. lol

That's very good re: PC and saving on argan milk. The way you use that product can become very pricey so it's a good offset. I wanted to try PC but I have so much product to use up now. I'm quite happy with Kate S. I also have a Mad Hippie exfoliating product that I like. Mad Hippie has retinol now and eventually I will try it. Aside from my shiseido eye cream, I ordered Korres set of 4 mask and Fresh nudes collection. Some new things to try. Everything else was male products for my boys and gift sets for presents. My Dooney closet ran dry when after I handed the check out girls at the supermarket a few Dooney trinkets. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I also purchased the It cosmetic brushes from QVC. I do like their brushes and that was a good deal. I will skip the costco borghese brushes this year although they are very nice too. I could use some new eye shadow brushes too. I feel most of mine are either too small or too large.

bljed1415311990.0077202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Still have not tried the Vitamix but definitely a go tomorrow night

+Hi! Ok, I'll be waiting to hear how you like it. I had read a thread title regarding the Mad Hippie with the retinol. I've had such good luck with PC that I'm going to stick with it. My skin isn't feeling dry lately either. I think she may have created the deeper hydration my skin was needing. I like the JM milk a lot but its much more pricey to use liberally and PC has more ingredients that I feel can be helpful to the skin. I really like PC also because I don't need to buy an eye cream. All her products are great to also use around the eyes.

I'm truly surprised you ordered the Fresh nudes kit. I hope you like it. I think you'll like the Dolly kit. Today I walked quickly past the EL Blockbuster and it all looks so lovely……..

I really botched that post and yes I went out without blush. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I think my lil monsters are interrupting me. lol

++I really have that issue with various things. Usually we seem to get the idea of what the other one is trying to say. I also don't spell as poorly as you might think. LOL

SilentDance1415325492.6814858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/6/2014 bljed said:

Still have not tried the Vitamix but definitely a go tomorrow night

+Hi! Ok, I'll be waiting to hear how you like it. I had read a thread title regarding the Mad Hippie with the retinol. I've had such good luck with PC that I'm going to stick with it. My skin isn't feeling dry lately either. I think she may have created the deeper hydration my skin was needing. I like the JM milk a lot but its much more pricey to use liberally and PC has more ingredients that I feel can be helpful to the skin. I really like PC also because I don't need to buy an eye cream. All her products are great to also use around the eyes.

--I made the apple pie smoothie. I didn't have vanilla yogurt, so I think it could have been a little sweeter and I think I added too much ice. I did have a technical problem with it. It said to put in apples, yogurt, spice and then ice. It blended for 3 seconds and then the ingredients wouldn't move. It didn't say to use the tamper, but should I have? I stuck a spoon in there to move the stuff around. In the end, I don't think the blend was the best. Tomorrow night I will make a green smoothie with some fruit in it.

--Mad Hippie - the only Vit C with no irritation for me. I do like their products and when I finish up KS I may try the retinol. I think it's great you found products with active ingredients. While I don't think retinol is the be all/end all in skincare it's hard to ignore the experts and I feel better incorporating it into my regimen.

I'm truly surprised you ordered the Fresh nudes kit. I hope you like it. I think you'll like the Dolly kit. Today I walked quickly past the EL Blockbuster and it all looks so lovely……..

---Fresh will be a gift. The Korres masks and fragrance will be for me. The blush appears to be the star of the Dolly kit. I placed another order today and purchased an Envy lipstick in Intense Nude and a deluxe Tarte 2 piece blush and highlighter for a stocking gift. I also bought a z-palette to put some of my favorite blushes in one place.

++I really have that issue with various things. Usually we seem to get the idea of what the other one is trying to say. I also don't spell as poorly as you might think. LOL

--My brain moves faster than my hands and I tend to leave out words when typing or not type complete thoughts-sorry. I really do think it's the dogs that distract me in the morning. They love getting into my stuff while I am putting on my makeup. lol As long as my brows make it on to my face, it's not a disaster situation. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

bljed1415397535.9177202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

It blended for 3 seconds and then the ingredients wouldn't move. It didn't say to use the tamper, but should I have? I stuck a spoon in there to move the stuff around. In the end, I don't think the blend was the best. Tomorrow night I will make a green smoothie with some fruit in it.

++i had this problem a few times and just needed to either dilute my smoothie (I added more almond milk) or use the tamper but some of the drinks can be very thick that way. It is preference I believe. This machine isn't like a juicer to me because it can be overly thick if you toss a lot of solids in it. I have had good luck with adding sliced apples though. I've also discovered that I don't need much ice-I used more ice when I was using a traditional blender.

++Ok the Fresh is a gift, that makes sense. I seem to be doing ok with the Rose shade. Love the color and this stick is glossy where the other two minis i have seem overly thick and really no shine.

++I agree about the brows. Brows and mascara are daily must haves for me. I think mascara helps open the eyes. I will have to wait for your reviews and live through you as I have not bought any makeup recently and there isn't anything at the moment on my wish list. I was really eyeing the iT matte palette -the Naturally Pretty one but seriously I do not need it. I also seem to like a bit of shimmer or sheen to my shades as well. I think that is what makes the Lorac Pro so nice, it has both.

++No dry skin for me lately…..between PC and JM. I am liking this product in Fair.

http://www.sephora.com/argan-tinted-moisturizer-P379438?skuId=1506641

SilentDance1415411036.01314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/7/2014 bljed said:

It blended for 3 seconds and then the ingredients wouldn't move. It didn't say to use the tamper, but should I have? I stuck a spoon in there to move the stuff around. In the end, I don't think the blend was the best. Tomorrow night I will make a green smoothie with some fruit in it.

++i had this problem a few times and just needed to either dilute my smoothie (I added more almond milk) or use the tamper but some of the drinks can be very thick that way. It is preference I believe. This machine isn't like a juicer to me because it can be overly thick if you toss a lot of solids in it. I have had good luck with adding sliced apples though. I've also discovered that I don't need much ice-I used more ice when I was using a traditional blender.

++Ok the Fresh is a gift, that makes sense. I seem to be doing ok with the Rose shade. Love the color and this stick is glossy where the other two minis i have seem overly thick and really no shine.

++I agree about the brows. Brows and mascara are daily must haves for me. I think mascara helps open the eyes. I will have to wait for your reviews and live through you as I have not bought any makeup recently and there isn't anything at the moment on my wish list. I was really eyeing the iT matte palette -the Naturally Pretty one but seriously I do not need it. I also seem to like a bit of shimmer or sheen to my shades as well. I think that is what makes the Lorac Pro so nice, it has both.

++No dry skin for me lately…..between PC and JM. I am liking this product in Fair.

http://www.sephora.com/argan-tinted-moisturizer-P379438?skuId=1506641

bljed, I thought I might be doing something wrong. I think the apples and yogurt was too soft. I know that is what happens with blenders but I have it in my head that this isn't just any blender, it's a Vitamix and that shouldn't happen. lol BTW, it never happens on tv. I gave my BFF a Fresh collection a few years back and she loved it, so I thought this new one might be nice. I love the sugar lip scrub. I received my first order. I bought 2 sets of philosophy hand creams for gifts and one set Loccitane hand creams for a gift. For me I got the z palette that I can't wait to play with, nest fragrances small set of 5 and I really like the scents, Drybar self grip rollers, Korres mask in 4 different flavors and my shiseido eye cream that came with 4 retinol masks and a sample of the new cream. My boys got jack black shaving cream, lip balm and a callous remover. lol I just realized they didn't send me any samples and there was one I really wanted to try otherwise I couldn't care less.

I saw the It palette on Ulta site, is that the same one or is it only sold here? I agree, a mixed palette gives you more options.

I see the argan TM comes in 2 shades for medium. That is something I should look into. I still think her protect and perfect is one of the best matches for me.

bljed1415413743.987202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Good haul! I'm really curious about the Drybar rollers!! Tons of people like Fresh and feel they are hydrating. I really like to wear the Rose shade.

With the Vitmaix I think you either needed to thin it out or use the tamper and have a very thick drink.

The iT palette is at ULta and is the Naturally Pretty. I don't think I can buy it without guilt. I only wear eyeshadow a couple of days/week so its probably a waste for me.

I really like the Mally Smokey Quartz stick I got and wore that with the black navy liner the other day. THe liner transferred on the right eye. My right eye is slightly lower than the left and is the only side that transfers. All those nights of sleeping on my right side have caused this. I guess I'm crooked now. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ok for some reason I'm liking these. The Natural is nice but I think too warm in general so the Smokey palette might be nice. I wonder how shimmery the powder is and the cream base is eyeshadow primer??

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/mac-keepsakes-face?ID=1740161&CategoryID=30077&RVI=PDP_3

Edited to add-did you order the Envy Intense Nude shade? The beauty blogger is wearing it in this ad for the shadow palettes. THe Petal palette was second on my list. Just not sure the shades are unique enough given the palettes I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVqvLllwwKc&cm_mmc=email-_-Nov-_-1108_Estee_Edit-_-video

Last edited on 11/8/2014

SilentDance1415759154.75314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/7/2014 bljed said:

Good haul! I'm really curious about the Drybar rollers!! Tons of people like Fresh and feel they are hydrating. I really like to wear the Rose shade.

--Hi bljed. When I ordered the rollers there were only two reviews and now there are more reviews and mostly unfavorable. I am just looking for some height on top and when I try them will give you my opinion.

With the Vitmaix I think you either needed to thin it out or use the tamper and have a very thick drink.

--Made a honeydew, banana, apple and lime smoothie. It was really tasty but not a smoothie consistency more of a frosty. I guess I should have blended more. I did have to use the tamper at one point.

The iT palette is at ULta and is the Naturally Pretty. I don't think I can buy it without guilt. I only wear eyeshadow a couple of days/week so its probably a waste for me.

--If it's shades you will wear those days then it's worth it. I seem to be reaching more and more for the loose BM shadows. Not sure if I am just bored with my others or just looking for something new.

I really like the Mally Smokey Quartz stick I got and wore that with the black navy liner the other day. THe liner transferred on the right eye. My right eye is slightly lower than the left and is the only side that transfers. All those nights of sleeping on my right side have caused this. I guess I'm crooked now. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--I believe that sleeping affects the face, but I doubt you are crooked. lol I notice when I am tired, my eyes droop more. I think my mouth area is taking the worse part in this aging process and I know that is from years of past smoking and straw usage.

Ok for some reason I'm liking these. The Natural is nice but I think too warm in general so the Smokey palette might be nice. I wonder how shimmery the powder is and the cream base is eyeshadow primer??

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/mac-keepsakes-face?ID=1740161&CategoryID=30077&RVI=PDP_3

--They look really nice and I can't remember much about what I thought about them when I saw them in person, but I do remember my BFF saying "they look so shiny." She's not a makeup person, but the display was spectacular. Personally, I am not a fan of their shadows, but love Mac blushes, glosses and lipsticks.

Edited to add-did you order the Envy Intense Nude shade? The beauty blogger is wearing it in this ad for the shadow palettes. THe Petal palette was second on my list. Just not sure the shades are unique enough given the palettes I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVqvLllwwKc&cm_mmc=email-_-Nov-_-1108_Estee_Edit-_-video

--I did and received it tonight. I haven't tried it yet, but I will update you.

--Love the blush shade in the Dolly Buxom palette. I just gave it a swipe and thought it's unique for me and I can understand why the bloggers love it. I will update when I try the rest of the palette which will be tomorrow.

--I was actually able to make another 20% purchase from Sephora. I purchased some Jack Black for my boys and a Nars Lip pencil in "Se* Machine." Looks like something I don't have and really liked it in some of the pics. Shown here in the second pic:

http://www.crystalcandymakeup.com/2013/12/nars-promiscuous-lip-pencil-set-guy.html

--Haven't really tried any of the new things I purchased. I am looking forward to using the MV that was in the bareskin TSV that I sent back. I also need to test drive more of the butter creams. I love Buxom mascara so for 100 points I got the vanity mascara with the full brush to try.

--Almost forgot--received the It brushes and they are really very nice for the price. The packaging is lovely. Silver box with bow and the brushes are sitting on silver gray material. This truly is a great purchase for anyone who likes IT brushes or needs to give a gift to a cosmetic lover.

bljed1415838393.9677202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--They look really nice and I can't remember much about what I thought about them when I saw them in person, but I do remember my BFF saying "they look so shiny." She's not a makeup person, but the display was spectacular. Personally, I am not a fan of their shadows, but love Mac blushes, glosses and lipsticks.

Hi SilentDance- the reviews for these were POOR. I think Temptalia gave it a C+. It lost all appeal plus your friend was probably right in that they are very shiny. AKA glitter. I did not care for the packaging all that much with the cameo so its just as well.

--Love the blush shade in the Dolly Buxom palette. I just gave it a swipe and thought it's unique for me and I can understand why the bloggers love it. I will update when I try the rest of the palette which will be tomorrow.

I love the Dolly gloss. Is the palette sort of warm and a bit deeper? I cannot tell at all from the photo online. I wish I could have gotten a Sephora discount this year.

--I was actually able to make another 20% purchase from Sephora. I purchased some Jack Black for my boys and a Nars Lip pencil in "Se* Machine." Looks like something I don't have and really liked it in some of the pics. Shown here in the second pic:

Love the look of that shade!!!! You must review it. I am wondering about the micro glitter in it though.

I've been getting use out of the MV compact. I am SO lazy in the morning that I often apply it over moisturizer because I don't take the time for foundation or tinted moisturizer. Now that I've been using the Bare Skin foundation I have other thoughts. Sometimes it sot of sits on my skin and has settled in forehead lines making them more obvious. Also a bit in some pores which I never otherwise really notice. I have to be careful not to apply too much and blend it out well. What happens is that if I'm looking for more than sheer coverage it doesn't work all that well. At least it has spf and is no irritating.

I ordred a couple of items. I ordered the Doll 10 holiday lip wardrobe. I hope I love it because I'm so excited to try something new and the shades looked pretty on tv. I also ordered a Clarins lip crayon in plum. Clarins makes nice lip products especially for dry lips.

Yes the iT brushes are nice. My travel set was packaged nicely last year.

SilentDance1415926536.62314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/12/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- the reviews for these were POOR. I think Temptalia gave it a C+. It lost all appeal plus your friend was probably right in that they are very shiny. AKA glitter. I did not care for the packaging all that much with the cameo so its just as well.

--Yes, shiny, sparkly, glittery..that's how I see them too. They were sitting up on pedestals and the lights were really low and there was a dim light glowing on them...oooh and ahhh for all about 2 secs from me. lol

I love the Dolly gloss. Is the palette sort of warm and a bit deeper? I cannot tell at all from the photo online. I wish I could have gotten a Sephora discount this year.

--It's very sheer, both shades. One shade is barely there and the other is more of a clear gloss. I would not say warm at all. Did you try using the code everyone else was using? Are you VIB? I am rouge, so I didn't know what the code was for other levels. You really should have called them. The shadows are very well pigment as is the blush and I really like the highlighter. It looks nice on cheek bone and honestly, it happened with very little effort.

Love the look of that shade!!!! You must review it. I am wondering about the micro glitter in it though.

--Secs Machine - I can't wait to get it. How it looks on me is a whole different story. I hope I like it.

---Re: EL Intense Nude. The same story as the lipstick/gloss that came in the last BM TSV. Everybody says it's pink yet it looks brickish shade on me. I checked numerous photos of the Intense Nude and it looks nothing on me like it does in those pics. I got use to it but it's not what I expected.

I've been getting use out of the MV compact. I am SO lazy in the morning that I often apply it over moisturizer because I don't take the time for foundation or tinted moisturizer. Now that I've been using the Bare Skin foundation I have other thoughts. Sometimes it sot of sits on my skin and has settled in forehead lines making them more obvious. Also a bit in some pores which I never otherwise really notice. I have to be careful not to apply too much and blend it out well. What happens is that if I'm looking for more than sheer coverage it doesn't work all that well. At least it has spf and is no irritating.

---I actually thought it was a heavy makeup for something called "barely" but what do I know, since I really don't have much experience with liquid foundation (I have not used the Lancome yet, I think I am afraid of it). I guess you should be careful not to use too much, otherwise you might put it to the side and not use it. SPF and non-irritating is definitely worth any extra it may take to make it work.

I ordred a couple of items. I ordered the Doll 10 holiday lip wardrobe. I hope I love it because I'm so excited to try something new and the shades looked pretty on tv. I also ordered a Clarins lip crayon in plum. Clarins makes nice lip products especially for dry lips.

--I saw some of the Doll 10 items and thought they were really nice. Let me know how the plum shade works out. Is this the same crayon you have in another shade, or your first crayon from them?

Yes the iT brushes are nice. My travel set was packaged nicely last year.

--I have a few brushes from some items purchased but tossed the makeup. I actually kept the kits because of the brushes. One was the mineral veil like product and another was their powder highlighter - which were both duds for me.

--There are Macys black Friday circulars floating around the net and it looks like they will have a EL doorbuster - 5 or 6 glosses in a cosmetic bag for $20.00. good deal and makes a nice gift.

--Sephora will also have their $10.00 deals on black Friday. Oh, btw I purchased the small Tarte blush with highlighter kit from Sephora for $10.00. Medium skinned people said the blush was good for them. I can't even get it to show up on my cheeks. The highlighter isn't bad.

--I've been alternating HF and LG B& B everyday. I am determined to use it all up before I even think of purchasing another powder foundation. They both work well for me. I will give the MV a try tomorrow.

bljed1415930460.0037202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--It's very sheer, both shades. One shade is barely there and the other is more of a clear gloss. I would not say warm at all. Did you try using the code everyone else was using? Are you VIB? I am rouge, so I didn't know what the code was for other levels. You really should have called them. The shadows are very well pigment as is the blush and I really like the highlighter. It looks nice on cheek bone and honestly, it happened with very little effort.

I don't feel like i need clear gloss so I guess its not that good? I don't think I'm a VIB. I went into my history and only went in 3 times in the last year and made purchases. Not too much spent at Sephora.

The Intense Nude never looked pink to me. You just never know quite how something will look until it goes onto your own lips.

I don't find the Bare Skin heavy at all. What I was finding is that it reminds me of a serum that sort of sits on my skin for a while. Adding more seems to just push it around my face. LOL

No never tried a Clarins lip crayon. Sounds nice than the Trish ones. They are sort of too light for lipsticks but good for blush. I wish I had just bought the Rose and called it good rather than the set.

Gosh haven't given any thought to door busters. Its all approaching too quickly. Don't waste your money on anymore powder foundation when you have 2 that work so well for you.

SilentDance1416015667.05314858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/13/2014 bljed said:

I don't feel like i need clear gloss so I guess its not that good?

--No, I like it, it's just not that pigmented.

I don't think I'm a VIB. I went into my history and only went in 3 times in the last year and made purchases. Not too much spent at Sephora.

--Maybe they will send you a code in December.

The Intense Nude never looked pink to me. You just never know quite how something will look until it goes onto your own lips.

--It looks pinkish on line. My Sephora shipment is delayed so it will be a bit before the Nars crayon arrives.I wore makeup from the TM Leopard planner. I love the brightening gloss and would repurchase it.

I don't find the Bare Skin heavy at all. What I was finding is that it reminds me of a serum that sort of sits on my skin for a while. Adding more seems to just push it around my face. LOL

--It's not absorbing or taking longer for it to absorb.

No never tried a Clarins lip crayon. Sounds nice than the Trish ones. They are sort of too light for lipsticks but good for blush. I wish I had just bought the Rose and called it good rather than the set.

---I love that shade, it's very pretty.

Gosh haven't given any thought to door busters. Its all approaching too quickly. Don't waste your money on anymore powder foundation when you have 2 that work so well for you.

--I used the BM MV compact this morning and didn't care for it. I thought I really liked it when I tried it from the TSV. I do prefer the loose powder MV.

--I saw Lancome, Eliz Arden and the EL gloss and fragrance specials. Also, specials from UD, BM, Burt's bees and others. Macys will get the rest of my xmas purchases due to Thanks for Sharing program.

bljed1416018768.0677202 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--It's not absorbing or taking longer for it to absorb.

Yes, that is why i think it still ends up looking decent if I go light with it. Good shade match and so light I cannot feel it on my skin. Truth is I feel I could use some foundation these days. I have some mild hyper pigmentation and redness along the sides of my face. I feel like I should be doing some sort of peel or something.

Ok, must tell you the Doll 10 holiday collection is gorgeous! My first impression…..after gasping from joy when I slid the box open…is that the shades are beautiful. They have no taste and feel wonderful on the lips. I wore the 'nude pink' which actually worked for me, both the lipstick and topped with the gloss. TOnight I tried the 'warm berry' which is a bolder shade for me. Its so pretty. I gave it a light blot. I think the shade is really good and I can pull it off. While I try to 'ignore' beauty rules I get a little worried about looking odd. The whole thing about women over 40 shouldn't do this or that. blah blah. The shade IMO is not aging, it is face brightening. Tomorrow I will try the mid tone pink. The lipsticks feel great. I will be buying more from the line. I regret the Aerin lipstick because these are so much better for the fraction of the cost. My initial impulse was to order another set because if its only available for the holidays I hate to not be able to get the shades again. Can you tell I really like the set ?? LOL

--I used the BM MV compact this morning and didn't care for it. I thought I really liked it when I tried it from the TSV. I do prefer the loose powder MV.

thats too bad. I do recall you thinking you liked it. I use it because I have it but would not repurchase it. What is the difference for you between the look you get from the loose vs the compact?

--I saw Lancome, Eliz Arden and the EL gloss and fragrance specials. Also, specials from UD, BM, Burt's bees and others. Macys will get the rest of my xmas purchases due to Thanks for Sharing program.

EL glosses are nice but I don't usually buy the sets because they don't have all the shades I'd wear. I will look again this year. EA often seems to be an underrated brand which I forget to look at. There 'blockbuster' looks really nice this year too. They put together a nice looking collection.

Today I did an eye from the Lorac palette and really like the shades. The shadow liner transferred. UGH!!! It wasn't as bad as a pencil. Pleanty of people have more hooded eyes than mine so I'm wondering what they use or if they just live with it and its not as noticeable as I seem to obsess about. At this point the only thing that won't transfer at all is gel liner. I feel they can look a bit harsh especially with my light coloring. In fact I was thinking of trying brown mascara for a change. Not sure….

Page 102 of 102