TSV(R) Preview
152 Members and 15820 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1413932702.48 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 100 of 100
Previous1...97 98 99 100
bljed1413327349.4277165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

bljed, it sounds like you have to make a trade-off for calmer, drier skin and have to use new products cautiously. Maybe you can try using them every other night instead of nightly? Maybe you should go back to the Camelia oil, was that okay for you?

++Cameilia oil was just fine. I do fine with the Maracuja and have a ton of it along with the Argan. My face seems to repel any of these anti aging creams. My face just wants to age I guess.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

My TM palette is in my bag and I am going to take it out right now and give it a try tomorrow. I never really tested it well. That was an impulse buy and like you could have done without it. I like my new Mac palette.

++Did you try the Trish today? What the heck MAC palette do you have? I cannot keep up with you. LOL

++My Clarins lipstick arrived tonight. Will test it out tomorrow in natural light.

Edited to add=read your review but feel more confused. lol Does the lipstick shade look lighter like the first promo picture or deeper like the one on the BM thread? Anything sort of similar that you could compare it to? I really like the idea that the highlighter is not shimmery!

Today I wore the Pink Magnolia. Definitely brighter on me. Doesn't seem too warm in daylight. I think I could really use a lip pencil though. Lately I've been having a terrible time trying to find lipstick and blush shades. I applied the BM blush from the last tsv and it looked lousy and pulled brown, flat and dull. Sadly I decided to just toss it. Fortunately I like all but 2 items in the kit. Still worthwhile BUT barely at that rate.

I like the PM but am not sure I like it nearly $30 worth!

Last edited on 10/15/2014

SilentDance1413456535.53314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/14/2014 bljed said:

bljed, it sounds like you have to make a trade-off for calmer, drier skin and have to use new products cautiously. Maybe you can try using them every other night instead of nightly? Maybe you should go back to the Camelia oil, was that okay for you?

++Cameilia oil was just fine. I do fine with the Maracuja and have a ton of it along with the Argan. My face seems to repel any of these anti aging creams. My face just wants to age I guess.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

My TM palette is in my bag and I am going to take it out right now and give it a try tomorrow. I never really tested it well. That was an impulse buy and like you could have done without it. I like my new Mac palette.

++Did you try the Trish today? What the heck MAC palette do you have? I cannot keep up with you. LOL

++My Clarins lipstick arrived tonight. Will test it out tomorrow in natural light.

Edited to add=read your review but feel more confused. lol Does the lipstick shade look lighter like the first promo picture or deeper like the one on the BM thread? Anything sort of similar that you could compare it to? I really like the idea that the highlighter is not shimmery!

Today I wore the Pink Magnolia. Definitely brighter on me. Doesn't seem too warm in daylight. I think I could really use a lip pencil though. Lately I've been having a terrible time trying to find lipstick and blush shades. I applied the BM blush from the last tsv and it looked lousy and pulled brown, flat and dull. Sadly I decided to just toss it. Fortunately I like all but 2 items in the kit. Still worthwhile BUT barely at that rate.

I like the PM but am not sure I like it nearly $30 worth!

It's a Mac face palette I picked up during the Nordstrom sale. This is it:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mac-look-in-a-box-all-about-beige-kit-101-value/3802061?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=1349&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_4_B

Okay, you can watch Susan W. video on the chandelight glow TSV. Honestly, her shading in the video is coming up orangey on my pc. Yes, there is some shimmer in the highlighter noticed it in the mag mirror but it is micro. I think you will find the kit too warm and the highighter is beigey gold that I think you mentioned you do not like. The lipstick looks darker than I thought it would and it's pulling a brickish red shade on me more than pink. some posters are saying it's a soft pink and I'm not getting that. Susan W video shows a chocolate brown eyeshadow and on me it looks like a dark gold. I've somewhat changed my mind about it and decided I won't make a final decision until Ive tested it more. Love the clutch!

:)

bljed1413483895.9837165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

+what a nice warm looking palette!

+thanks for the response regarding the BM kit. I thought the clutch looked very pretty and part of the kits appeal. I have also found that when I bought cosmetics that others "saw" some of the shades differently than myself. It makes trying to decide on purchases when you start reading/looking at reviews before purchasing. We know with color cosmetics lighting is everything.

++with the fact that you're not telling me I'm going to love this I will take your opinion very thoughtfully. I liked the shade of the highlighter from Carmindy. It was a beige but no gold shimmer. It was beautiful but the stay powder was poor, it seemed to fade away fast and the rest of the kit was a bust.

++I missed the Trish shows yesterday but went online and like the look of those lip and cheek crayons. The Nude looked pinker on tv than in online photos. THere is a nice kit with two different shades and another kit that has the Crystal Grey shadow stick and Pink lip and cheek duo. On her website she also has a rose shade. Very tempted to try the product. I am seriously in need of quick. I am finding my face is getting more bare than ever these days because I just want makeup to be fast.

++keep me updated on your trials with the new collection.

Edited to add-found the video. yes its definitely warm looking. so pretty and I know it won't work for me. sad face for me. lol also checked out the JM tsv and don't find it appealing enough. I did however order some of her Vanilla Bean body butter and am receiving a free mini body butter along with it. Wanted to add that the lipstick is confusing. Very orange on the video, nude pink in the online photo, a deeper pink in another photo and you're saying brickish tone to it. Wow!

Last edited on 10/16/2014

SilentDance1413493077.2314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/16/2014 bljed said:

+what a nice warm looking palette!

--The plum one is nice too, just not my shades. I'm happy with the palette.

+thanks for the response regarding the BM kit. I thought the clutch looked very pretty and part of the kits appeal. I have also found that when I bought cosmetics that others "saw" some of the shades differently than myself. It makes trying to decide on purchases when you start reading/looking at reviews before purchasing. We know with color cosmetics lighting is everything.

---That's one of the reasons I don't like include shading in reviews especially lipstick shades because they can look different on everyone.

++with the fact that you're not telling me I'm going to love this I will take your opinion very thoughtfully. I liked the shade of the highlighter from Carmindy. It was a beige but no gold shimmer. It was beautiful but the stay powder was poor, it seemed to fade away fast and the rest of the kit was a bust.

--No, I don't think you will love this but then again I am not loving it at the moment and we are usually opposites. {#emotions_dlg.lol} My opinion can change again though. lol

++I missed the Trish shows yesterday but went online and like the look of those lip and cheek crayons. The Nude looked pinker on tv than in online photos. THere is a nice kit with two different shades and another kit that has the Crystal Grey shadow stick and Pink lip and cheek duo. On her website she also has a rose shade. Very tempted to try the product. I am seriously in need of quick. I am finding my face is getting more bare than ever these days because I just want makeup to be fast.

--I forgot to mention this morning that I did order the lip crayon duo. I wanted one so badly but not at $30.00 so with the special pricing and 20% coupon HSN sent me in the nic of time I couldn't resist.

++keep me updated on your trials with the new collection.

--Sure will.

Edited to add-found the video. yes its definitely warm looking. so pretty and I know it won't work for me. sad face for me. lol also checked out the JM tsv and don't find it appealing enough. I did however order some of her Vanilla Bean body butter and am receiving a free mini body butter along with it. Wanted to add that the lipstick is confusing. Very orange on the video, nude pink in the online photo, a deeper pink in another photo and you're saying brickish tone to it. Wow!

--Okay, so you see orange too on the video. Good thing, I thought it was me. Yes, I have seen all those shades too. The blush looked totally different in Susan W's swatch then it does on me too. It may be a bit too much for me. I will try it again and decide. I won't keep it for a pretty clutch although I am sure the next set might be equally as nice. I would have been over the moon with it all if the lipstick was a soft pink as described. That shadow looks brown too on Susan's hand but not on me. It's all so interesting...

bljed1413494614.887165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hmm this was one of the oddest beauty videos I've seen in a while. I felt both inspired to try a bold lip and whip up something yummy in the kitchen! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQkIdV1jG4

Are you able to view the EL website? The Color Portfolio is up with the description. I wish they had a photo of it all closed up because it really is pretty! I'm very tempted to pick it up because I think I can wear the blushes. Its up at Macys but the photo isn't helpful and there is no description.

bljed1413495128.0137165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

-No, I don't think you will love this but then again I am not loving it at the moment and we are usually opposites. {#emotions_dlg.lol} My opinion can change again though. lol

Ok, I've got this figured. If you end up not liking it and return it I'll go ahead and order it. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I know its on auto delivery so it makes me wonder what else they'll send out. I would order it if I could wear the lipstick. Looks so peachy and orangey. Things tend to turn orangey on me as well.

--I forgot to mention this morning that I did order the lip crayon duo. I wanted one so badly but not at $30.00 so with the special pricing and 20% coupon HSN sent me in the nic of time I couldn't resist.

Did you watch the presentation? I swear it look pinky nude/the Nude lip crayon. I'd be willing to try something new if I thought it would not lean orangey. I'm sick of pink!

I don't have any hsn coupons so I need to think about it a bit more.

SilentDance1413499619.2614818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

Hmm this was one of the oddest beauty videos I've seen in a while. I felt both inspired to try a bold lip and whip up something yummy in the kitchen! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQkIdV1jG4

--She talks too much. I could have had a few courses of brunch before the video ended. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Are you able to view the EL website? The Color Portfolio is up with the description. I wish they had a photo of it all closed up because it really is pretty! I'm very tempted to pick it up because I think I can wear the blushes. Its up at Macys but the photo isn't helpful and there is no description.

--I can sometimes. lol I will take a look at it.

SilentDance1413499766.82714818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

Ok, I've got this figured. If you end up not liking it and return it I'll go ahead and order it.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

--When I tell you I hate it, get ready to hit the submit button. lol

I know its on auto delivery so it makes me wonder what else they'll send out. I would order it if I could wear the lipstick. Looks so peachy and orangey. Things tend to turn orangey on me as well.

---I'm curious about that too and probably the reason I want to keep it.

Did you watch the presentation? I swear it look pinky nude/the Nude lip crayon. I'd be willing to try something new if I thought it would not lean orangey. I'm sick of pink!

--Quickly this morning I watched the video. The shades never look the same on me as they do on that model so I took a chance. I know they were mixing both shades a lot on air.

I don't have any hsn coupons so I need to think about it a bit more.

--HSN didn't send you one? They should have. Give them a call.

SilentDance1413500443.48314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

This is the picture from Macys. The lipsticks look different than the pic on EL. I think most of the blush shades and lipsticks are on the warmer side. It's a great value for the price.

Give and Be Gifted Color Portfolio - Only $37.50 with any Estée Lauder purchase- worth over $250

bljed1413502213.0377165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- the blushes in the EL kit are Lover's Blush, Alluring Rose, and Mauve Mistique. I've seen them swatched online. I don't like really cool pink blushes. I like them more neutral and sometimes dusty. Really cool tones and brighter ones make me look like a clown. The bronzer is BG in Medium. The glosses are Brazen Berry (beautiful shade) and Wired Copper.

The blockbuster will be out much earlier this year.

-Quickly this morning I watched the video. The shades never look the same on me as they do on that model so I took a chance. I know they were mixing both shades a lot on air.

I also noticed they were mixing. I find those subtle shades very hard to see on tv, on the models. Usually translates to good 'real life' shades. I'm trying to decide which kit I want or if I should just try one from her website when the gwp looks extra nice.

You know that crazy obsessed feeling we get sometimes? I want that EL Envy shadow palette!!!

bljed1413502532.297165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--She talks too much. I could have had a few courses of brunch before the video ended. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Her french toast was making my mouth water. yes she does talk too much and has that whole zen vibe going on or something. lol

Sometimes I look forward to a review say for a lipstick shade and when I start the video and look at the time on the bottom I cannot believe someone is going to ramble for 20 mins about one lipstick!!! At least Susan W is quicker and I laughed when she expressed being upset that the UPS took all day to bring her her package. "Doesn't he know he has my makeup??" lol

SilentDance1413504163.53314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Her french toast was making my mouth water. yes she does talk too much and has that whole zen vibe going on or something. lol

Sometimes I look forward to a review say for a lipstick shade and when I start the video and look at the time on the bottom I cannot believe someone is going to ramble for 20 mins about one lipstick!!! At least Susan W is quicker and I laughed when she expressed being upset that the UPS took all day to bring her her package. "Doesn't he know he has my makeup??" lol

I love Susan W's BE videos. The last one she sold me on, Glamour Now or whatever it is called -the video swatches were truer to real life. I don't know why everything looked so orangey in the last video.

That brunch lady is a slow talker too, so between the slow review and slow talking I could watch all of 60 seconds. I got the shade, it looked like a bright fuschia!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1413504445.79714818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

SilentDance- the blushes in the EL kit are Lover's Blush, Alluring Rose, and Mauve Mistique. I've seen them swatched online. I don't like really cool pink blushes. I like them more neutral and sometimes dusty. Really cool tones and brighter ones make me look like a clown. The bronzer is BG in Medium. The glosses are Brazen Berry (beautiful shade) and Wired Copper.

--I like the blushes and lipsticks. As you know, I am not a huge fan of the shadows. It's all very pretty and very much worth the price.

The blockbuster will be out much earlier this year.

--Of course, I want the case. lol

-Quickly this morning I watched the video. The shades never look the same on me as they do on that model so I took a chance. I know they were mixing both shades a lot on air.

I also noticed they were mixing.

--I didn't even watch the whole video, yet they mixed the shades twice. I like the textures of pencils and I have her essential pencils (2) which miss the mark both times on shades I didn't care much on me but loved on the model. We'll see!

I find those subtle shades very hard to see on tv, on the models. Usually translates to good 'real life' shades. I'm trying to decide which kit I want or if I should just try one from her website when the gwp looks extra nice.

--She offers discounts on her site and you can wait until then and get some freebies. I probably could have done the same.

--Good..I need a "real life" shade.

You know that crazy obsessed feeling we get sometimes? I want that EL Envy shadow palette!!!

--That crazy feeling is telling you that you have your purchase for the bonus color palette. For under $80.00 you will have a very nice stash of makeup.

bljed1413509141.9137165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I like the blushes and lipsticks. As you know, I am not a huge fan of the shadows. It's all very pretty and very much worth the price.

I don't understand why you don' t like the shadows. I went upstairs and looked at my portfolio from last year. The shadows are still so smooth and silky. Of course I'm embarrassed to say I hardly touched the palette even though I like it. Tomorrow I'm going to try the Sensous Rose blush which I never really did. It looks warmer than a couple of the ones in the new portfolio. I also dug out a LM blush that I really do like and is good for fall. Revisiting my stash before going crazy and buying more stuff.

-That crazy feeling is telling you that you have your purchase for the bonus color palette. For under $80.00 you will have a very nice stash of makeup.

Gosh I did not even think of that!!! Actually its more like $90. The eyeshadow palette is quite pricey. Its one reason I felt that I'd have to select one I loved because I cannot collect them. Planning some possible shopping this weekend and may consider purchasing the palette then.

SilentDance1413644772.75314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

I don't understand why you don' t like the shadows. I went upstairs and looked at my portfolio from last year. The shadows are still so smooth and silky. Of course I'm embarrassed to say I hardly touched the palette even though I like it. Tomorrow I'm going to try the Sensous Rose blush which I never really did. It looks warmer than a couple of the ones in the new portfolio. I also dug out a LM blush that I really do like and is good for fall. Revisiting my stash before going crazy and buying more stuff.

--The ones in the PWPs and GWPs are not pigmented well and they are always powdery. I do believe all other EL shadows (full price) are just ok though. Prices are high and the quality somewhat decreased overall for many cosmetic lines..

Gosh I did not even think of that!!! Actually its more like $90. The eyeshadow palette is quite pricey. Its one reason I felt that I'd have to select one I loved because I cannot collect them. Planning some possible shopping this weekend and may consider purchasing the palette then.

--Yes, that would be your opportunity to get the color palette.

--The TM lip crayons shipped, they're in TN. lol

--I used the new BM TSV nightfall shadow without primer and the shade came up Taupey and you might like it. I actually liked it better. The 5 in 1 primer appeared to alter the shade on me making it look like a deep gold. Overall, I still think you may find the TSV too warm.

--This morning I used my Hello Flawless and it looked nice and pulled out UD Naked Flush and that looked nice too. I realized the Naked Flush blush shade is similar to many I have. I got disgusted with myself and all the makeup I own and decided no more. I hope I can hold to this. I really don't need a thing and should go back into my stash with the 100s of other things I put away. If Sephora code comes through I will purchase some skin care but I think makeup will not be purchased unless something phenomenal hits the shelves. I do have the right to change my mind at any time. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

bljed1413647990.9437165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--Yes, that would be your opportunity to get the color palette.

Today is big mall shopping for me. Yes, its like the country hick getting out for several hours. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Of course I have to get my chores done first. lol

I'm seriously toying with the idea of the blue/bronze/gray EL shadow palette and the color portfolio. I need eyeshadows like a hole in my head. Yesterday I did a PURGE. I was feeling disgusted a bit like you had mentioned. I had been hanging onto some mistakes and realized I'm not using certain items for various reasons. Primary one being that it takes a bit more time to apply.

This morning I was trying to decide between the BB cool or warm holiday eyeshadow palettes. They are discounted at Nordstroms and I had seen them in Macys. Pretty looking. In fact Nordstroms has price matching going on and many lines have 10% discounts. Shisiedo has discounted skincare kits if you are using any of that line. One of the Clarins lipsticks and 3 dot liner I got are less expensive there as well. If I had know I would have purchased there.

Yesterday I finally used the Sensous Rose EL blush in last years portfolio. I loved it. Go figure. Warm rose that looks very dull in the pan. Its light and even though there must be brown in it it doesn't pull brown like other products I've tried. Very soft and natural and I feel it warms me up without looking like I really have blush on. Such a hazard with fair skin. Anyhow what I need to do is figure out if the blushes in the new portfolio are wearable for me. If 2 are then its worthwhile because there is enough of the other items I like to justify the cost. The Pink Kiss in my portfolio is way too bright and I cannot wear it. The Sensous Rose and Peach Passion are really good.

Thanks for letting me know about the BM kit. It is scratched off my list. It is just too warm. The blush and lipstick look like they won't work and I don't need any pots of loose shadow.

Super happy with my JM body butter in Vanilla Bean. It smells like marshmallow and I LOVE it!! LOL Its not too sweet and very soft so I'm pretty confident I don't smell like marshmallow to those around me. Of course I need to work on my fitness because I'm looking more like a marshmallow than smelling like one. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I'm really excited to hear what you think of the Trish crayons. They sent me a 15% off coupon yesterday. I could check it out today in store but last time I went into Nordstroms I was super overwhelmed and they had redone the entire cosmetic dept. I felt like a mouse trapped in a maze. I think I might bit the bullet and check the shades in person.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to look at for you.

SilentDance1413665050.39714818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/18/2014 bljed said:

Today is big mall shopping for me. Yes, its like the country hick getting out for several hours. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Of course I have to get my chores done first. lol

---Yay, I can't wait to read what you buy.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of the blue/bronze/gray EL shadow palette and the color portfolio. I need eyeshadows like a hole in my head. Yesterday I did a PURGE. I was feeling disgusted a bit like you had mentioned. I had been hanging onto some mistakes and realized I'm not using certain items for various reasons. Primary one being that it takes a bit more time to apply.

---Those shades are a nice mix because you can wear the bronze and gray as shadows and the blue as liner. I just tossed out so much stuff and made a sephora bag of new stuff for my son's gf. I didn't organize my makeup yet.

This morning I was trying to decide between the BB cool or warm holiday eyeshadow palettes.

--I just took a look at them. Nice palette for the price. The warmer palette looks more appealing, but I suppose the cooler palette has better shades for you. Neither palette looks overly warm or cool.

--I just saw the "scotch on the rocks" collection. Are the palettes above you are referring to part of this collection: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/10/bobbi-brown-holiday-2014.html

They are discounted at Nordstroms and I had seen them in Macys. Pretty looking. In fact Nordstroms has price matching going on and many lines have 10% discounts. Shisiedo has discounted skincare kits if you are using any of that line. One of the Clarins lipsticks and 3 dot liner I got are less expensive there as well. If I had know I would have purchased there.

--I just organized my stash of skincare, so I am all set. Would you believe I am still using my first TSV from Kate Somerville and have a new set waiting. There is so much product in the KS tube and container. I also have new EL night advance and eye advance, BM deluxe sample of skincare and my Shiseido serum and moisturizer I use. With all that, I still need to get my favorite Shiseido eye cream since I have a smidgeon left. I will buy with any discount Sephora offers. I am all good with skincare and should have another KS (last one from TSV) coming either the end of year or next year. I love the stuff, so for the price I will put to the side and save when needed. I only use the Shiseido moisturizer during the winter because it is heavy.

Yesterday I finally used the Sensous Rose EL blush in last years portfolio. I loved it. Go figure.

--You don't have to tell me, I figure that out all the time. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Warm rose that looks very dull in the pan. Its light and even though there must be brown in it it doesn't pull brown like other products I've tried. Very soft and natural and I feel it warms me up without looking like I really have blush on.

--Isn't that shade in the new portfolio too? That's great if it is.

Such a hazard with fair skin. Anyhow what I need to do is figure out if the blushes in the new portfolio are wearable for me. If 2 are then its worthwhile because there is enough of the other items I like to justify the cost. The Pink Kiss in my portfolio is way too bright and I cannot wear it. The Sensous Rose and Peach Passion are really good.

--Honestly, I am having problems with blushes lately too. It appears once again, pale pinks or peaches look best. I'm not sure if we go through changes or our tastes do?

Thanks for letting me know about the BM kit. It is scratched off my list. It is just too warm. The blush and lipstick look like they won't work and I don't need any pots of loose shadow.

--I think you will do much better with the EL portfolio and shadow palette. I am actually thinking about returning it too.

Super happy with my JM body butter in Vanilla Bean. It smells like marshmallow and I LOVE it!! LOL Its not too sweet and very soft so I'm pretty confident I don't smell like marshmallow to those around me. Of course I need to work on my fitness because I'm looking more like a marshmallow than smelling like one. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

--Sounds nice. I look like a marshmallow too and should be putting more effort into losing some pounds instead of worrying what blush to wear. lol I have to do something with my hair too!!!

---Found so many body moisturizers I will use them up. The only thing I want is Philosophy Sparkling Ginger. Oh I hope you get to try Philosophy Celebrate. I really like it.

I'm really excited to hear what you think of the Trish crayons. They sent me a 15% off coupon yesterday. I could check it out today in store but last time I went into Nordstroms I was super overwhelmed and they had redone the entire cosmetic dept. I felt like a mouse trapped in a maze. I think I might bit the bullet and check the shades in person.

--I will send them back if I don't like them. I'm tired of keeping stuff that is so, so. I think if I start using my planners, I will feel so much better.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to look at for you.

--I'm hoping you already went and will be reporting back soon. lol

bljed1413685813.4937165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---Yay, I can't wait to read what you buy.

Hi SilentDance- I had a good time shopping and really like what I bought. I only bought 2 cosmetic items but had fun looking around! First I stopped at the BB counter to check out those two palettes. I was leaning toward the warm one and did like it best in person. I kept trying to swatch the shades and the pigment was so poor I walked away…..enough said. Went over to Trish and the crayons were not there-or I could not find them. It was tough because the Trish area was busy and I felt like I was just getting in the way. I'll have to wait for your review on the items.

I wandered over to the EL counter with the shadow palette on my mind. I really liked the Aerin lipsticks!! I bought a shade called Pretty. I also might like Liebling and Perfect Nude. Here are some very nice swatches I found. They are very pricey so its not like I was just going to grab 3 when I've never tried them before.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/02/aerin-beauty-rose-balm-lipsticks-first.html

Decided to step out of the box and purchase an eyeshadow based on the shades being great for blue eyes. I opted for Fiery Saffron. I'm super excited to try it out tomorrow. I think it will be great for everyday also because its such pretty neutrals.

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/09/estee-lauder-pure-color-envy-sculpting.html

Before going out I opted to use my Portfolio and used Sugar Biscuit and Cinnamon shadows, lined with Forever Brandy. I will say these shades really did make my eyes very blue. More than blue liner does. Of course I do feel we can wear many different shades its also what a person likes but I really wanted shadows to bring out my eye color. Anyhow I got some nice suggestions for a couple of the other palettes as good options. One was the Petal and the other had green in it. Both very nice. I also really liked the Aerin weekend palette. More than I wish I had. UGH. Such beautiful soft shades but PRETTY. There were also two liners that were very nice as well. The Nordstrom photos don't do it justice. I wish the line was a bit less expensive. Its discounted right now but I feel I have spent pleanty on makeup these days. Also cleaning the stash a bit the other day worried me about setting myself up for more regret.

--Sounds nice. I look like a marshmallow too and should be putting more effort into losing some pounds instead of worrying what blush to wear. lol I have to do something with my hair too!!!

I'm feeling exactly the same way. Perhaps its also an easy distraction?? I really don't know, some of it might be habit? My hair color has changed so I realized recently I need to rethink my makeup. I don't feel like having products that don't look right.

Darn, I really wanted to check out the Philosophy fragrance. Ulta carries a lot of their stuff so maybe I can there.

--I will send them back if I don't like them. I'm tired of keeping stuff that is so, so. I think if I start using my planners, I will feel so much better.

You have makeup that you know looks really nice when you wear it and you're happy with it. Stick with that stuff. Return that last kit if you are not really liking it. Truthfully we should only be makeup shopping a few times a year and buying what really looks good/the right shades etc.

I opted not to purchase the new EL Color Portfolio because I did not like the blushes. Obviously I have pleanty of blush from last year's kit. There must be something wrong with me because I am now fixated on the Aerin palette. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Last edited on 10/18/2014

SilentDance1413747960.14714818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/18/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- I had a good time shopping and really like what I bought. I only bought 2 cosmetic items but had fun looking around! First I stopped at the BB counter to check out those two palettes. I was leaning toward the warm one and did like it best in person. I kept trying to swatch the shades and the pigment was so poor I walked away…..enough said. Went over to Trish and the crayons were not there-or I could not find them. It was tough because the Trish area was busy and I felt like I was just getting in the way. I'll have to wait for your review on the items.

--That's been a problem with BB shadows for a long time now. I will get the occasional lipstick and blush from her, but I haven't purchased any shadows in quite a few years.

I wandered over to the EL counter with the shadow palette on my mind. I really liked the Aerin lipsticks!! I bought a shade called Pretty. I also might like Liebling and Perfect Nude. Here are some very nice swatches I found. They are very pricey so its not like I was just going to grab 3 when I've never tried them before.

--I saw the collection when it first came out and thought it was very nice. I think Liebling is the deeper of the two. That's a good shade.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/02/aerin-beauty-rose-balm-lipsticks-first.html

Decided to step out of the box and purchase an eyeshadow based on the shades being great for blue eyes. I opted for Fiery Saffron. I'm super excited to try it out tomorrow. I think it will be great for everyday also because its such pretty neutrals.

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/09/estee-lauder-pure-color-envy-sculpting.html

--Very pretty. Should look good with your blue eyes.

Before going out I opted to use my Portfolio and used Sugar Biscuit and Cinnamon shadows, lined with Forever Brandy. I will say these shades really did make my eyes very blue. More than blue liner does. Of course I do feel we can wear many different shades its also what a person likes but I really wanted shadows to bring out my eye color. Anyhow I got some nice suggestions for a couple of the other palettes as good options. One was the Petal and the other had green in it. Both very nice. I also really liked the Aerin weekend palette. More than I wish I had. UGH. Such beautiful soft shades but PRETTY. There were also two liners that were very nice as well. The Nordstrom photos don't do it justice. I wish the line was a bit less expensive. Its discounted right now but I feel I have spent pleanty on makeup these days. Also cleaning the stash a bit the other day worried me about setting myself up for more regret.

--It's not a bad price if it gets used, but I know exactly what you are thinking and feeling.

I'm feeling exactly the same way. Perhaps its also an easy distraction?? I really don't know, some of it might be habit? My hair color has changed so I realized recently I need to rethink my makeup. I don't feel like having products that don't look right.

--I hate when I feel it's just easier to go buy makeup and handbags more than pants. lol As for hair, I am thinking of going lighter so that maybe the gray coming in won't be so noticeable.

Darn, I really wanted to check out the Philosophy fragrance. Ulta carries a lot of their stuff so maybe I can there.

--At first it smells a bit chemical (ever so slightly) but once it dries down it's very pretty.

You have makeup that you know looks really nice when you wear it and you're happy with it. Stick with that stuff. Return that last kit if you are not really liking it. Truthfully we should only be makeup shopping a few times a year and buying what really looks good/the right shades etc.

--I agree, a couple of things for the change of season and that's it. I'm more interested in lipsticks and I should be able to satisfy my addiction with a few lipsticks or glosses. lol

I opted not to purchase the new EL Color Portfolio because I did not like the blushes. Obviously I have pleanty of blush from last year's kit. There must be something wrong with me because I am now fixated on the Aerin palette. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

--There's nothing wrong with you. The $37.50 can be put toward the palette and that would work out better. Palettes are nice but you have to use at least 3/4 of the makeup for it to be worth while.

bljed1413765965.2877165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--That's been a problem with BB shadows for a long time now. I will get the occasional lipstick and blush from her, but I haven't purchased any shadows in quite a few years

Couldn't agree more. Thinking it may be better to stop looking at so many different lines. There are TONS of cosmetic lines out there and many I don't look at either.

Tried the Fiery Saffron palette today and its very nice. Completely different than any other palette I've bought. The shades apply softly and it ideal for daytime/everyday.

The Pretty lipstick went on lighter than I expected. Guess its because its lighter than my natural lip color and I'm always swatching these things on the back of my hand! Very wearable, probably don't even need a mirror to apply it.

--I hate when I feel it's just easier to go buy makeup and handbags more than pants. lol As for hair, I am thinking of going lighter so that maybe the gray coming in won't be so noticeable.

I felt I had to go lighter because of the quick grow out I was experiencing. I was tired of feeling like my color/roots only looked good for 2 weeks or so. I refuse to color every 3 weeks and now I get better to 4. As I mentioned previously my only issue I came to realize was that I needed to alter some of my makeup shades.

--I agree, a couple of things for the change of season and that's it. I'm more interested in lipsticks and I should be able to satisfy my addiction with a few lipsticks or glosses. lol

Perhaps normal women shop that way, makeup for seasonal updates or when they run out of something. I don't feel normal. While I don't have a lot of makeup I have more than I really need and can use. I also seem to like looking at it and shopping for it more than is natural. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

--There's nothing wrong with you. The $37.50 can be put toward the palette and that would work out better. Palettes are nice but you have to use at least 3/4 of the makeup for it to be worth while.

Are you sure there is nothing wrong with me??? LOL At this point I've decided not to purchase any holiday 'collections' or kits and am passing on offerings at EL. Simply because I end up not liking and/or using the majority of the products. It seems to be much better if I just buy what I really like. It may feel like I'm paying more or missing on great deals but I've learned the hard way that really isn't the case.

Today I tried playing a bit with a LM palette I bought 2-3 years ago. All shadows. I found that many of the shades I did not care for so much on me. Today was no different. I tried using the navy shadow as liner and it transferred like nobody's business. Honestly don't know if I'll ever really want to use this palette. Pulled out the Chocolate Bar for the fall/winter and realized I don't wear that too much because it feels deep and rather shimmery for my lifestyle. UGH!

SilentDance1413850826.3514818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/19/2014 bljed said:

Couldn't agree more. Thinking it may be better to stop looking at so many different lines. There are TONS of cosmetic lines out there and many I don't look at either.

--I wore the makeup from the last small TM palette and the same problem with the shadows (lighter shades). They were barely there. I do like the blush and lip products from the palette, but it's something I could have done without.

Tried the Fiery Saffron palette today and its very nice. Completely different than any other palette I've bought. The shades apply softly and it ideal for daytime/everyday.

--That's great! Purchases are so much better when it's something we don't already have or something that is similar.

The Pretty lipstick went on lighter than I expected. Guess its because its lighter than my natural lip color and I'm always swatching these things on the back of my hand! Very wearable, probably don't even need a mirror to apply it.

---I always swatch on my hand and nothing ever looks the same on my face. lol

I felt I had to go lighter because of the quick grow out I was experiencing. I was tired of feeling like my color/roots only looked good for 2 weeks or so. I refuse to color every 3 weeks and now I get better to 4. As I mentioned previously my only issue I came to realize was that I needed to alter some of my makeup shades.

--Same here, two weeks and I could see the gray creeping through. It's not too bad on top but the sides are bad.

Perhaps normal women shop that way, makeup for seasonal updates or when they run out of something. I don't feel normal. While I don't have a lot of makeup I have more than I really need and can use. I also seem to like looking at it and shopping for it more than is natural. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

--I'm not normal either and I spend way too much time looking at makeup, clothes, handbags, and shoes online. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Are you sure there is nothing wrong with me??? LOL At this point I've decided not to purchase any holiday 'collections' or kits and am passing on offerings at EL. Simply because I end up not liking and/or using the majority of the products. It seems to be much better if I just buy what I really like. It may feel like I'm paying more or missing on great deals but I've learned the hard way that really isn't the case.

--I agree with you. I want the one palette from Buxom but it's not holiday and I do believe I have decided to send back the BE. I will give it one more try but I think my mind is made up. There are very few holidays and don't have a need for fancy makeup. I'm actually liking full face palettes these days because everything is in one place and simplifies the process.

Today I tried playing a bit with a LM palette I bought 2-3 years ago. All shadows. I found that many of the shades I did not care for so much on me. Today was no different. I tried using the navy shadow as liner and it transferred like nobody's business. Honestly don't know if I'll ever really want to use this palette. Pulled out the Chocolate Bar for the fall/winter and realized I don't wear that too much because it feels deep and rather shimmery for my lifestyle. UGH!

--I've been looking at some palettes from LM on sephora and they look pretty, but I would rather have the Buxom one. I dislike that Chocolate Bar and it was impulse buy I could have done without. I like TheBalm palettes I have better as an alternative to UD. I do love my Natural Face palette by Too Faced and use it a lot. I would purchase it again.

--I feel like if I didn't buy any makeup for a few years I'd be okay with that.

bljed1413853686.5477165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I'm not normal either and I spend way too much time looking at makeup, clothes, handbags, and shoes online. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I was feeling a bit down yesterday about my cosmetic addiction. I feel better today and like ordering the Aerin palette. {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.lol} Maybe it will make me feel better!! lol

Do you think you'll get the Trish cheek and lip duos tomorrow? I am going to try them if you like them a lot.

I also don't need fancy makeup. Yes, the full face palettes are nice. I actually like everything but lips included.

I'm off to look at the Natural Face palette.

Oh and yes I think you should not buy any makeup for a few years. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

SilentDance1413928720.55314818 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

bljed,

the TM lip crayons have landed and I like them a lot. They are creamy but I'm not sure yet about lasting power. Funny thing is I had no intention of mixing them because I wanted to try them separately, but I took a chance and the two colors mixed made my lips look fuller. Go figure. lol

Anyways, I am not sure how you would feel about the nude shade. It's coming up more peachy than brown on me which means it might come up orangey on someone else. The pink is a nude, pretty neutral and very natural looking that is perfect for the no makeup look.

Would I buy them for $30.00 each probably not because I have so much, but if I didn't have much yes I would try more shades?

Oh one other thing...lips should be smooth, I don't think these would do well over chapped lips might come up streaky.

bljed1413932702.5137165 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 10/21/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed,

the TM lip crayons have landed and I like them a lot. They are creamy but I'm not sure yet about lasting power. Funny thing is I had no intention of mixing them because I wanted to try them separately, but I took a chance and the two colors mixed made my lips look fuller. Go figure. lol

Anyways, I am not sure how you would feel about the nude shade. It's coming up more peachy than brown on me which means it might come up orangey on someone else. The pink is a nude, pretty neutral and very natural looking that is perfect for the no makeup look.

++I think they sound nice. Did you try them on the cheeks or just the lips? I liked the idea of them for the cheeks especially. Does the nude look like a warm peach, is there any pink in it? Yes, if its a true warmer type peach that could read orange but also some of the brighter peaches can do that.

Would I buy them for $30.00 each probably not because I have so much, but if I didn't have much yes I would try more shades?

++I would like to try one. Perhaps I'll buy the duo with the shadow stick or buy from the website. There is also a rose shade that looks light enough and pretty.

Oh one other thing...lips should be smooth, I don't think these would do well over chapped lips might come up streaky.

+thanks for the tip.

Page 100 of 100
Previous1...97 98 99 100