Christmas in July(R) Sale
128 Members and 13231 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1406311398.013 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 92 of 92
bljed1405127088.4177024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 7/11/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

I hope you are feeling well and like what you received.

++Thanks I'm fine. Today I used some of the Mally kit items and really like them. I tried the concealer and its probably just a tad lighter than I need but worked nicely in the inner corners of my eyes and brightened the area without looking raccoon like. I tried the free liquid lipstick and its nice because I find them hydrating. Basically it looks like clear gloss on my lips. I have yet to try the Blossom in the kit but its really pretty looking. Haven't tried the Taupe shadow stick yet. I really like some of the Mally products, I think she has some really pretty makeup shades. I do feel that her face products tend to not work as well for me shade wise. The Fair I think may run a bit too light and the Light is too deep and makes me yellow. I am tempted to try the tsv in Fair but I fear I may fall between these two shades. I should go to Ulta and see how the shades are in her current foundation products.

++BB has me on the fence. First try of the blush I mixed the shades together and got way too much of the glitter particles. Today I used the small angled blush brush from Trish to pick up just the pink shade. Had better luck because that seems to have minimal shimmer but the shade is almost too light. It also did not seem to wear long. For $45 I'm really not sure about this product. I will keep using it daily to decide. At this point I still think my 2 Trish blushes are still favorites along with the JM cheek gelees.

This morning I was in Macys and picked up this BareMinerals LE set called Give and Get. I have seen this online and never thought of purchasing, but when I saw it in the store I was quite impressed with the shades. The funny thing is I made a purchase this morning on line and if I had come home and purchased it I would have received a free 5 pc set. I hate when that happens.

++I agree. It was why I ordered the BB online. Wanted to try the little TINY lip gloss. LOL

I had the TM blue planner all ready to go back and then I thought I would regret it so I didn't bring it to the Post Office. I think now after buying this little BM set it could be the deal breaker for me to return in. I don't know why I am so on the fence about it, because that's usually not me. Perhaps it's the cost of the planner, I don't know.

++I totally understand. Honestly I think its the price because I felt the same way about the Azure planner I ended up returning. Did not feel it was honestly worth the cost for me. It can be one of those situations where its a nice kit and most products are usable but for what it is its pricey.

Dermstore is having a sale on LG. 20% off items and a free gift if you order $50+.

:)

SilentDance1405168940.47314688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/11/2014 bljed said:
On 7/11/2014 SilentDance said:

hi bljed,

Thanks I'm fine. Today I used some of the Mally kit items and really like them. I tried the concealer and its probably just a tad lighter than I need but worked nicely in the inner corners of my eyes and brightened the area without looking raccoon like. I tried the free liquid lipstick and its nice because I find them hydrating. Basically it looks like clear gloss on my lips. I have yet to try the Blossom in the kit but its really pretty looking. Haven't tried the Taupe shadow stick yet. I really like some of the Mally products, I think she has some really pretty makeup shades. I do feel that her face products tend to not work as well for me shade wise. The Fair I think may run a bit too light and the Light is too deep and makes me yellow. I am tempted to try the tsv in Fair but I fear I may fall between these two shades. I should go to Ulta and see how the shades are in her current foundation products.

--At least you can test them before buying. I wore her liner the other day and thought it was nice. I wish I had an ulta near me. Anyway, it sounds like it was a good purchase.

BB has me on the fence. First try of the blush I mixed the shades together and got way too much of the glitter particles. Today I used the small angled blush brush from Trish to pick up just the pink shade. Had better luck because that seems to have minimal shimmer but the shade is almost too light. It also did not seem to wear long. For $45 I'm really not sure about this product. I will keep using it daily to decide. At this point I still think my 2 Trish blushes are still favorites along with the JM cheek gelees.

--I noticed no one was the the BB counter yesterday, so I took the opportunity to swipe the brightening blush and it didn't even show up on my hand. I think $45.00 is a high price to pay for just a glitter payoff. And it times likes these when I think about the high priced items we sometimes purchase and how it makes the TM planner really worth it.

++I agree. It was why I ordered the BB online. Wanted to try the little TINY lip gloss. LOL

--I used my certificates, so it's not terrible. I can't use those certificates online (I don't think). I also picked up two nice jackets at incredible sales prices from Free People and Tommy Hillfiger that were used with my Bday gift card, so it was a free shop day.

++I totally understand. Honestly I think its the price because I felt the same way about the Azure planner I ended up returning. Did not feel it was honestly worth the cost for me. It can be one of those situations where its a nice kit and most products are usable but for what it is its pricey.

--I think I just wanted a smaller size. I guess if I had purchased this one first, there would be no doubt. I have a few days to return and I am so bothered by my inability to make a decision. I keep thinking since I am so undecided, I should keep it because there will be regrets. As for traveling, I have so many little items that could really be thrown into one small pouch and take up less room-perhaps, this is where my indecisiveness plays a role.

Dermstore is having a sale on LG. 20% off items and a free gift if you order $50+.

--I thought about ordering LG blushes from Nordies. They are two compacts and striped for $29.00 (great price) but in the end I thought about my Too Faced blushes that are similar and decided not to. I really need to pull back at this point. Unfortunately, I found another line I really like, so you know how that goes....

bljed1405196215.747024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I noticed no one was the the BB counter yesterday, so I took the opportunity to swipe the brightening blush and it didn't even show up on my hand. I think $45.00 is a high price to pay for just a glitter payoff. And it times likes these when I think about the high priced items we sometimes purchase and how it makes the TM planner really worth it

Today I had good luck applying the blush and in fact had to wipe a bit off. Anyhow I liked the color etc but it wore off quickly. Midday I checked it and poof, it was all gone. I hate to return this but seriously………...

The Mally purchase was good for me.

I think the Trish line is better quality for me than BB. Yes, when you add up the cost of the individual items at the counter her planners are a nice deal. Obviously some will feel its 'just' makeup and too pricey regardless.

Today I picked up a travel size of the Jergens BB Body cream to try. Pretty pink-beige shade. If I like it I will buy a full bottle. Scent is tolerable. Not sure if it will help my arms as they are covered in freckles!!

Thought that the BM kit you just ordered from Macys looks nice. What do you think of the magenta eyeshadow?? That is the only thing that threw me off. All the other shades look really nice.

SilentDance1405293105.31714688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/12/2014 bljed said:

Today I had good luck applying the blush and in fact had to wipe a bit off. Anyhow I liked the color etc but it wore off quickly. Midday I checked it and poof, it was all gone. I hate to return this but seriously………...

--I think it's a problem when shades are mixed, there is never any consistency. Same for any shimmer brick and LG baked products too.

The Mally purchase was good for me.

--Good to hear. I do like her glosses and although I am not in need of anything I do like to watch the presentations. I think there should be a TSV coming up.

I think the Trish line is better quality for me than BB. Yes, when you add up the cost of the individual items at the counter her planners are a nice deal. Obviously some will feel its 'just' makeup and too pricey regardless.

--I still haven't packed it up yet. I don't have many days left to make up my mind.

Today I picked up a travel size of the Jergens BB Body cream to try. Pretty pink-beige shade. If I like it I will buy a full bottle. Scent is tolerable. Not sure if it will help my arms as they are covered in freckles!!

--I never heard of it. The shade, does it show up on skin? No, I don't think it will help your freckles, but it should keep you smooth.

Thought that the BM kit you just ordered from Macys looks nice. What do you think of the magenta eyeshadow?? That is the only thing that threw me off. All the other shades look really nice.

--I have to play with it. It won't be used all over, but very little as an accent. I'm thinking I may be able to do something with it with one of the taupe shades. That's probably the brightest item in the kit, but it wasn't like I said ewww when I saw it, so I know I can do something with it. I'll let you know.

bljed1405335109.4677024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I think it's a problem when shades are mixed, there is never any consistency. Same for any shimmer brick and LG baked products too.

I've just been using the larger square of pink blush in the pan and not mixing with the really shimmery part. I noticed that the powder itself feels more 'rough', its not a nice silky finely milled powder. More grainy feeling I guess. Always wondered about the swirled baked type products and if application could be slightly different each time its used. I always avoided those products basically because I could never tell what type of shade I might actually get.

--Good to hear. I do like her glosses and although I am not in need of anything I do like to watch the presentations. I think there should be a TSV coming up.

I wore all her products except for the mascara yesterday. I really like the shadow stick! I wore it with the blue Smashbox liner. it held up rather well. Yes, she has a tsv at the end of the month and its sitting in my 'cart'. I know I cannot use one of the products in the kit so I'm hesitating.

I was VERY tempted to try the iT Cosmetics blue gel liner because those tend not to smudge. Looks like a nice navy. I'm really liking navy these days.

--I still haven't packed it up yet. I don't have many days left to make up my mind.

tick-tock, tick-tock. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I sympathize with that feeling of indecision!

--I never heard of it. The shade, does it show up on skin? No, I don't think it will help your freckles, but it should keep you smooth.

No the shade seems to blend in. I think its supposed to make your skin look a bit nicer. Not shimmer or glitter in it.

As for the magenta shadow shade I suppose it can be used on the lid and blended well with the taupe shade in the crease. I'm not big on a lot of pink shades for the eyes for some reason. I think thats why I did not like the UD 3 on me. Just a personal preferance

SilentDance1405366989.02314688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/14/2014 bljed said:

I've just been using the larger square of pink blush in the pan and not mixing with the really shimmery part. I noticed that the powder itself feels more 'rough', its not a nice silky finely milled powder. More grainy feeling I guess. Always wondered about the swirled baked type products and if application could be slightly different each time its used. I always avoided those products basically because I could never tell what type of shade I might actually get.

--The roughness could mean it's chalky or shimmery?

I wore all her products except for the mascara yesterday. I really like the shadow stick! I wore it with the blue Smashbox liner. it held up rather well. Yes, she has a tsv at the end of the month and its sitting in my 'cart'. I know I cannot use one of the products in the kit so I'm hesitating.

---I have blue SB liners from older collections and they are very nice. I understand your hesitation.

I was VERY tempted to try the iT Cosmetics blue gel liner because those tend not to smudge. Looks like a nice navy. I'm really liking navy these days.

---Me too and the other day the TM blue liner smudged all under my eye. I think I need to get the application down better since I don't think it should be smudging underneath.

tick-tock, tick-tock. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I sympathize with that feeling of indecision!

--I think out of sheer laziness it still sits on my vanity. lol

No the shade seems to blend in. I think its supposed to make your skin look a bit nicer. Not shimmer or glitter in it.

--That sounds nice. I will look into it. I've been cutting down on body products. I'm liking suave and softsoap body washes well enough.

As for the magenta shadow shade I suppose it can be used on the lid and blended well with the taupe shade in the crease. I'm not big on a lot of pink shades for the eyes for some reason. I think thats why I did not like the UD 3 on me. Just a personal preferance

--Honestly, the magenta could look fantastic on me, but in reality I won't get much use out of it. It will be an evening wear thing and yet for those evening wears I usually go natural anyway. Everything else will get used. Maybe I will try blending it with another BE mineral shade-experiment and see what I make. lol

bljed1405380192.847024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--The roughness could mean it's chalky or shimmery?

It doesn't look chalky and the shimmer isn't too much on the large pink square. I have a beautifully silky shimmer blush from EL and you would think it could be similar.

--That sounds nice. I will look into it. I've been cutting down on body products. I'm liking suave and softsoap body washes well enough

I only use soap from Walmart ilke Dove etc. I haven't used a body wash in ages. I have JM body butters but not much else for lotion so I picked up the Jergens to try. I agree with a post that it gives the skin a bit of a nice sheen, zero glitter

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/02/jergens-bb-body-perfecting-skin-cream-review.html

--Honestly, the magenta could look fantastic on me, but in reality I won't get much use out of it. It will be an evening wear thing and yet for those evening wears I usually go natural anyway. Everything else will get used. Maybe I will try blending it with another BE mineral shade-experiment and see what I make. lol

sometimes when you blend it with another you do get something very wearable. It looks crazy in the pot though!

I tried to delay my auto ship of the JM argan milk but it was too late. I have about 1/3 of a bottle still left. She has a tsv coming up with the milk and several other products and its all about $15 more than just buying the milk. It includes her Protect and Perfect universal tint spf. Have you tried it? I don't believe I ever have. I'm wondering if universal tint = universal yellow???

SilentDance1405434213.09714688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/14/2014 bljed said:

It doesn't look chalky and the shimmer isn't too much on the large pink square. I have a beautifully silky shimmer blush from EL and you would think it could be similar.

--Sometimes, that happens. Ingredients are mass mixed and I suppose not every pan has the same consistency. If it doesn't feel chalky or really powdery it just might be a texture you're not use to. I actually stopped buying the EL blushes because I didn't like the textures.

I only use soap from Walmart ilke Dove etc. I haven't used a body wash in ages. I have JM body butters but not much else for lotion so I picked up the Jergens to try. I agree with a post that it gives the skin a bit of a nice sheen, zero glitter

--It gets too expensive. I love the Loccitane Almond Body wash but I feel it's only necessary in cold months. I am using every shower gel and moisturizer I have up before purchasing more.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/02/jergens-bb-body-perfecting-skin-cream-review.html

--That's interesting. I would like to try that.

sometimes when you blend it with another you do get something very wearable. It looks crazy in the pot though!

--It does look crazy. I haven't worn makeup in 4 days, so I havent played with anything. lol

I tried to delay my auto ship of the JM argan milk but it was too late. I have about 1/3 of a bottle still left. She has a tsv coming up with the milk and several other products and its all about $15 more than just buying the milk. It includes her Protect and Perfect universal tint spf. Have you tried it? I don't believe I ever have. I'm wondering if universal tint = universal yellow???

--Did you call, because sometimes it says you can't stop but they can? I guess the way you use it, it won't go to waste, but for that price it would be worth to get two TSVs. I never tried the universal tint, but I think this replaced the protect and perfect. If I remember correctly the initial reviews were not favorable. Too many shade choices and that confuses me. I think Shiseido and TF are the best for me and I will go back to them in the winter. JM products dry me out for some reason, so once the protect and perfect is gone, I'm pretty much done with her products because Argan is not a good ingredient for me.

SilentDance1405444556.16314688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

bljed,

This is what the "hot pink" BE shadow looks like:

http://www.dancingwings.com/opalescent-organza.html

It has that same sheen as LGs Milan. The BE shade is very pretty.

bljed1405461418.617024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 7/15/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed,

those dancing weirds are just weird IMO. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Are you going to wear them with your BE eyeshadow???

SilentDance1405466826.67714688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/15/2014 bljed said:
On 7/15/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed,

those dancing weirds are just weird IMO. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Are you going to wear them with your BE eyeshadow???

It didn't link correctly, but it's the last wing pic, the lavender one that has the exact shading of the shadow.

And yes I am wearing them with my shadow...they will replace my faux eyelashes. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Guess what shade lipstick, I'll be sporting with my weird wing look? :giggles:

bljed1405471054.17024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

It didn't link correctly, but it's the last wing pic, the lavender one that has the exact shading of the shadow.

And yes I am wearing them with my shadow...they will replace my faux eyelashes. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Guess what shade lipstick, I'll be sporting with my weird wing look? :giggles:

++ I see….no doubt wearing BM has inspired a completely new look for you. I'm thinking Candy would look nothing short of fabulous on you with the wings!

--Did you call, because sometimes it says you can't stop but they can? I guess the way you use it, it won't go to waste, but for that price it would be worth to get two TSVs. I never tried the universal tint, but I think this replaced the protect and perfect. If I remember correctly the initial reviews were not favorable. Too many shade choices and that confuses me. I think Shiseido and TF are the best for me and I will go back to them in the winter. JM products dry me out for some reason, so once the protect and perfect is gone, I'm pretty much done with her products because Argan is not a good ingredient for me.

No I did not call because it was the shipping date when I realized I wanted to hold off. Argan doesn't dry me out and I think its helpful, I like it.

I was just browsing the online Nordstrom sale but did not see anything I wanted to buy. Went through the beauty items. The selection just isn't that exciting.

bljed1405709132.7737024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- did you by any chance get the Sephora b-day gift with the Makeup Forever lipstick and mascara? I'm trying to decide if should place an order or go to the store. I just haven't had the time to get over there lately and don't know when I will in the near future.

This palette caught my eye. I swear my inner 25 year old wants it badly. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

http://lifestyleandbeautyjunction.com/junction-review-faced-cat-eyes-ferociously-feminine-eye-shadow-liner-collection/

SilentDance1405716344.69314688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/18/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- did you by any chance get the Sephora b-day gift with the Makeup Forever lipstick and mascara? I'm trying to decide if should place an order or go to the store. I just haven't had the time to get over there lately and don't know when I will in the near future.

--I did and I think you don't have to rush to get there for it. lol I even forgot what's in it which means I put it to the side. I remember eyeliner and possibly a mascara. I have to look for it now.

This palette caught my eye. I swear my inner 25 year old wants it badly. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

http://lifestyleandbeautyjunction.com/junction-review-faced-cat-eyes-ferociously-feminine-eye-shadow-liner-collection/

--It caught my eye too when I saw it a few weeks ago. I like the balance of shades. Love TF shadow textures. I say satisfy your 25 year old inner self.

--Made some Nordies purchases today. Purity duo for $52.00. I thought that was a great deal. Mac Advanced brush set and Mac look in a box in the nude. All my travel kits have pinks, so I thought the Nude one would be great to carry. I wanted one of the other sets for $39.00 but decided I have enough. I also got Whish Orange cream set. The TM deal is very good because of the larger sizes and the free gift..wish I had waited but I do like my blue case better. They have a good Perricone set for $98.00 and Kate Somerville. Also, a nice free gift with Bare Minerals purchase. I should have waited to purchase the give and gorgeous set. I used it today and like the shades.

bljed1405723553.6077024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I did and I think you don't have to rush to get there for it. lol I even forgot what's in it which means I put it to the side. I remember eyeliner and possibly a mascara. I have to look for it now.

Apparently I have until the end of the month. It should be a lipstick and mascara. I was curious about the lipstick shade because it looks really bold.

--It caught my eye too when I saw it a few weeks ago. I like the balance of shades. Love TF shadow textures. I say satisfy your 25 year old inner self.

I honestly thought you'd totally talk me out of it. Too shimmery/glittery, I"m too "mature", on and on….{#emotions_dlg.lol} I like it too, Love the name Kitty Glitter!

Can I just say that the BB blush was an epic disappointment??? I've got to get away from that line. Thank goodness I talked myself out of the shadow palette. Reviews are not that great for it too. Anyhow the blush shade looks very pretty but lasts a nanosecond on me. I tossed all the packaging so its mine to keep. Right now using the JM cheek gelee and its great.

Today I'm wearing the BM BB shadow in Stone. Honestly it has to be the ugliest shade I own. LOL I don't know what to do with it. I paired it with navy liner to try and brighten up my eyes. I'm really into navy liner right now. I think I may order the iT gel liner in navy because my pencils are ok but tend to transfer a bit or smudge.

I'll have to take another look at the sale. How did the Trish case look? I was thinking it might be prettier in person. With the set you used today did you try the magenta shadow?

SilentDance1405725380.6614688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/18/2014 bljed said:

Apparently I have until the end of the month. It should be a lipstick and mascara. I was curious about the lipstick shade because it looks really bold.

---It's N9. It looks dark but goes on sheer. It's a nude and coming up a little lighter than muse's pic.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/03/make-up-for-ever-rouge-artist-natural-review-swatches.html

I honestly thought you'd totally talk me out of it. Too shimmery/glittery, I"m too "mature", on and on….{#emotions_dlg.lol} I like it too, Love the name Kitty Glitter!

--You're liking a little shimmer these days. I have no idea how shimmery it is, but those shades are really nice especially Jungle Love. I think it's a good palette with a nice and very wearable variety of shades. I love TF shadows right up there with UD, The Balm and Kat Von D. You will never hear the words too mature out of me.

Can I just say that the BB blush was an epic disappointment??? I've got to get away from that line. Thank goodness I talked myself out of the shadow palette. Reviews are not that great for it too. Anyhow the blush shade looks very pretty but lasts a nanosecond on me. I tossed all the packaging so its mine to keep. Right now using the JM cheek gelee and its great.

--I could have done without some Bb purchases this year too. I like some of the lipsticks and her old formula cream blushes, but everything new is just ok and there is comparable and less expensive stuff to be bought. I'm surprised you threw the packaging away. Would staying power be better over a cream blush, try that?

Today I'm wearing the BM BB shadow in Stone. Honestly it has to be the ugliest shade I own. LOL I don't know what to do with it. I paired it with navy liner to try and brighten up my eyes. I'm really into navy liner right now. I think I may order the iT gel liner in navy because my pencils are ok but tend to transfer a bit or smudge.

--I just checked the shade and I will be hones I agree with you. It looks like there is red in it. I wouldn't pair it with anything other than a darker brown or black liner. It looks like it would be an aging shade and I can't picture it to smoke out the eye either. If you hate, toss it.

I'll have to take another look at the sale. How did the Trish case look? I was thinking it might be prettier in person. With the set you used today did you try the magenta shadow?

--It looks blah to me. Okay, so I am not big on color in general but I like stuff like that to be colorful. I didn't see it in person but it looks like some type of blah beige. It is a better deal than HSN due to the two regular size products and the really nice free gift, but I still like my blue case better.

--No, I wore the other shadows and blush. I actually tried the magenta shadow over the weekend and it's far from magenta on the eye. It's very pretty when placed lightly and I will be definitely be wearing it.

bljed1405734031.827024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---It's N9. It looks dark but goes on sheer. It's a nude and coming up a little lighter than muse's pic.

thanks for the link….ugh, its totally ugly. I should wear it with the Stone BB shadow! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Somehow the navy worked with the stone because its grayish. Like a grayish shade with mud brown. I don't see any red at all. I wasn't liking brown with it. Black would be good or perhaps a deep gray. The trio was ultimately not a good purchase for me because I really only like the Petal shade. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

--You're liking a little shimmer these days. I have no idea how shimmery it is, but those shades are really nice especially Jungle Love. I think it's a good palette with a nice and very wearable variety of shades. I love TF shadows right up there with UD, The Balm and Kat Von D. You will never hear the words too mature out of me.

I think I should see it in person just to assess the shimmer level. Yes, I do like some shimmer.I'm really not sure if one would be considered too 'mature' for some of these things….I believe its more in the application and balancing out the entire makeup look.

--It looks blah to me. Okay, so I am not big on color in general but I like stuff like that to be colorful. I didn't see it in person but it looks like some type of blah beige. It is a better deal than HSN due to the two regular size products and the really nice free gift, but I still like my blue case better

I like your blue case better as well. I think liking the case is more important. I'm not tempted by it any longer. I simply don't feel like spending that much on cosmetics right now.

--No, I wore the other shadows and blush. I actually tried the magenta shadow over the weekend and it's far from magenta on the eye. It's very pretty when placed lightly and I will be definitely be wearing it.

The shades rarely look like they do in the pots. They typically look 'scary' but end up softer and pretty. The line makes a ton of pretty shades, well except for Stone. lol

SilentDance1406242422.8714688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/18/2014 bljed said:

thanks for the link….ugh, its totally ugly. I should wear it with the Stone BB shadow! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

---Ha! It's actually not that bad because it's sheer. If it wasn't so sheer it would be hideous. lol

Somehow the navy worked with the stone because its grayish. Like a grayish shade with mud brown. I don't see any red at all. I wasn't liking brown with it. Black would be good or perhaps a deep gray. The trio was ultimately not a good purchase for me because I really only like the Petal shade. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

--It looked more reddish on my computer but I would have thought stone was more grayish. It is a very blah shade.

--Did you see the It cosmetics eye palette for Super Saturday?

I think I should see it in person just to assess the shimmer level. Yes, I do like some shimmer.I'm really not sure if one would be considered too 'mature' for some of these things….I believe its more in the application and balancing out the entire makeup look.

--I agree.

I like your blue case better as well. I think liking the case is more important. I'm not tempted by it any longer. I simply don't feel like spending that much on cosmetics right now.

--I purchased two YBF pencils to place in my kits.

The shades rarely look like they do in the pots. They typically look 'scary' but end up softer and pretty. The line makes a ton of pretty shades, well except for Stone. lol

--I wore that BE fuschia shade all week. I applied the 5 in 1 (becoming a staple for me) and lightly applied a bit of it right in the middle of the lid. This really makes my eyes stand out. Then I applied LG Rome in the inner corner and little above. It really looks very nice.

---My other new staple is LG Balance and Brighten. The Medium shade is perfect for me.

--I received my Mac Brush kit and its perfect for travel.

--I received the All about Beige Mac kit from Nordstrom and very pleased with it. The shades are very wearable, nude, without being boring. I love that the lip creams have a little plastic cover on top to shield them.

--Anything new for you?

bljed1406252682.17024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--Did you see the It cosmetics eye palette for Super Saturday?

I did but there are too many shades for me. I think I get overwhelmed with those larger palettes and it looks like there are a lot of shades I would not wear. I'm still wanting for the Cat Eye palette. I sure wish Ulta carried it because its close to me and I have a 20% off coupon. I am thinking of trying the Anastasia DipDown brow product and the iT Navy gel liner with the coupon. Also interested in foundation. Possibly the BM liquid or LG Balance & Brighten. THe BM is pricey when add the darn brush to it.

Glad to hear the fushia shade is working out for you. I've been grabbing the Mally Taupe shadow stick but should try the LG shadow duo again as its nice.

Discovered a better brush to apply the BB blush I just got. It went on much better with a medium size fluffy brush. The other brush I was using was more dense. It looked nice so I will test run it again tomorrow and recheck the stay power.

The only new items I got have been from the drugstore as I haven't had time to 'really shop' in a while. I had very good luck with L'Oreal Voluminious Miss Manga mascara. Also liking the Purpose facial wash and this Olay eye brightening product. It has 3 little roller balls on the end. Very cooling for puffy tired eyes and brightens the area a bit. Its not hydrating and it makes the skin feel a bit more firm and I just apply my spf moisturizer over it.

Bought the Lessman multivitamin which I just took. Treated myself to a pedicure and am wearing Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. lol

http://www.polishinsomniac.net/2014/02/opi-brazil-swatches-and-review.html

Edited to add that I also ordered the Nick Chavez Mesquite hair serum which just shipped.

SilentDance1406256160.18714688 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 7/24/2014 bljed said:

I did but there are too many shades for me. I think I get overwhelmed with those larger palettes and it looks like there are a lot of shades I would not wear. I'm still wanting for the Cat Eye palette. I sure wish Ulta carried it because its close to me and I have a 20% off coupon. I am thinking of trying the Anastasia DipDown brow product and the iT Navy gel liner with the coupon. Also interested in foundation. Possibly the BM liquid or LG Balance & Brighten. THe BM is pricey when add the darn brush to it.

--I'm glad you saw it. It's a good price but have to want to wear those shades. Let me know what you think of the dipbrow, I'll have to take a good look at it. Read up on the BM brush. For some reason I remember reviews that were not favorable. They like the product, just not the brush.

Glad to hear the fushia shade is working out for you. I've been grabbing the Mally Taupe shadow stick but should try the LG shadow duo again as its nice.

--Love that duo. I'm stuck on LG now. I'm going to wear my taupe shades tomorrow.

Discovered a better brush to apply the BB blush I just got. It went on much better with a medium size fluffy brush. The other brush I was using was more dense. It looked nice so I will test run it again tomorrow and recheck the stay power.

--Yes, the brushes make all the difference. I'm glad it's working out better because it really is a pretty shade. Yesterday I wore some Telluride over the LG Balance and Brighten and it really looked nice.

The only new items I got have been from the drugstore as I haven't had time to 'really shop' in a while. I had very good luck with L'Oreal Voluminious Miss Manga mascara. Also liking the Purpose facial wash and this Olay eye brightening product. It has 3 little roller balls on the end. Very cooling for puffy tired eyes and brightens the area a bit. Its not hydrating and it makes the skin feel a bit more firm and I just apply my spf moisturizer over it.

--I saw that Miss Manga commercial and was curious about the product. It's good to find cleansers you like. I got the huge Purity from Nordstrom and that should last me a very long time. The Olay is an eye product only?

Bought the Lessman multivitamin which I just took. Treated myself to a pedicure and am wearing Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. lol

--lol I bought the protein drinks (for the third time) and I am actually using them. Twice I've thrown out packets and container because I never used them. I bought vanilla and would like to try chocolate but the event prices are gone. I have 60 of the vanilla so I will use them until the others go on sale. I've lost 5 lbs this week. :) His vitamins are good. I never got any upset stomach from them.

---Love, love, love that shade!!! I so miss OPI in Sephora. I wonder if I can find that shade in Target?

http://www.polishinsomniac.net/2014/02/opi-brazil-swatches-and-review.html

Edited to add that I also ordered the Nick Chavez Mesquite hair serum which just shipped.

--Oh, sounds exciting. I love hair products. I have to check it out. The Garnier marvelous oil gets good reviews and I am going to try it.

---Take out Rome/Milan and try it out again. I think it's a really nice combination.

bljed1406311397.9077024 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I saw that Miss Manga commercial and was curious about the product. It's good to find cleansers you like. I got the huge Purity from Nordstrom and that should last me a very long time. The Olay is an eye product only?

Yes the Olay product is for the eyes. I bought it just because I liked the Clinique roller ball one I had for the cooling effect and some depuffing of allergy eyes. The Clinique one seemed to be more hydrating but this one is less expensive.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/02/olay-fresh-effects-eye-awakening-cream-review-swatches.html

I agree about his vitamins. I like the powder in capsule form. I haven't ordered them for many years. I take nothing these days so I figure I'll start with the Essential 1. Good job on the 5 lbs. I need to crack down again soon. This time of year is actually a bit difficult with barbecue food and ice cream!!!

---Love, love, love that shade!!! I so miss OPI in Sephora. I wonder if I can find that shade in Target?

I did not realize Target sold OPI. I know ULTA does. I liked a few of the other shades on that page as well. The pink is fun for summer.

--Oh, sounds exciting. I love hair products. I have to check it out. The Garnier marvelous oil gets good reviews and I am going to try it.

Honestly I'm really looking forward to giving this a try. I too have heard of the Garnier oil and I like quite a few of their styling type products. I have an oil mist that is very nice. I was nearly going to cancel the order for the NC oil because its quite expensive compared to lines like Garnier but the reviews were good as were comments on the boards so I figured I'd give it a try. Hair care is something I spend very little on and it takes me a while to go through products

Page 92 of 92