Fall Fashion Clearance
116 Members and 16243 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1408575474.95 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 94 of 94
SilentDance1408138729.78714715 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/15/2014 bljed said:
On 8/15/2014 SilentDance said:

bljed,

I ordered some bras from Macys today (2 for 19.99) at a great deal and a pair of yoga pants. I thought why not and threw in the LG cantaloupe gelato to meet free shipping requirements. I can't wait to get it. Yes, it looks like 9/26 will be the LG TSV. If it has a large Bal & Bri I'm in.

I didn't realize it, but the bareskin and brush are worth the price of the TSV. That's a great deal.

If you decide to keep the monoi and not ship it back you may want to think about adding a little bit to your shampoo or conditioner.

:)

Hi SilentDance- I'm excited for you to get that blush! I should see if Ulta has it. Its SO hard to wait and see what the TSV is when there are some items you'd like to have. Yes, the TSV price is GREAT for BM.

--I hope it's not too light. I wanted it because it's different. I hope I like it. I didn't want to wait because even if gelato is offered I doubt it will be in that shade.

I tossed all the packaging for the Monoi products. Not worth shipping back. It was $36 plus its about $7 just to return it. I think the oil at least will get used up. I will get through the shampoo/conditioner. My second day hair looks pretty good but is feeling dirty on top. Typical sulfate free hair, flat on top, fluffy on the bottom. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Of course with my HG discontinued I'm going to just have to try new things.

--It's just not your HG, but usable so not a total waste. Members of the family can add it a little to their shampoos and conditioners to. I just stopped messing with buying hair stuff, but I know you had no choice because you can't get what you love. Did you check the internet, maybe they just renamed it or changed it slightly?

The JM TSV is also a good deal given that the milk alone runs about $50. I have a bad feeling the tinted moisturizer may go orange on me but I seriously hope it doesn't. I can try mixing it and thinning it out but of course I want to apply enough to get adequate spf coverage and not go from deeper orange to light orange. LOL

--That is an excellent deal. That's why I have no problem buying stuff from the Q because their TSVs and other kits are exclusive and at good prices. So, that is the reformulation of the old Protect and Perfect. I think I may have swatched it, not sure. Anyways, I think you might be able to mix with it with another BB or liquid foundation for the argan benefits you like so much. I love the old formula, but can't use it too much.

Weird that the link did not work. I tried posting it for another posted but my post got poofed! It includes the Infinity lip/cheek in Forever Rose, the spf 47 with tint, a bottle of argan oil and argan milk. I got this email from a blogger and it made me want the tint more.

--It did work, but my computer gets so slow with scripts on the site I can scroll so I can only see half the box and nothing else. lol

http://www.maskcara.com

check out the 'back to school makeup', which is all I'd wear for work these days.

--Me too! I think you may really like that cheek tint. I love how it all looks on her. Do those tints come in other shades, or is that a really new product?

--By the end of september I should be all organized with my makeup. I really want to use the TM. I bought something like the picture below, sturdy but with square hanging large baskets from Costco. Each basket is on attached hook on the stand and can be removed if necessary. I have two of the stands right next to my vanity and it's holding everything real nice. I have one basket with all my LG, one with Phil bath and stuff, one with Loccitane bath and stuff, one with kits and palettes. all 6 baskets are used and it's been very convenient and they look real nice too. I'll switch out the summer stuff with fall stuff. Excited!

bljed1408189242.667056 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--I hope it's not too light. I wanted it because it's different. I hope I like it. I didn't want to wait because even if gelato is offered I doubt it will be in that shade.

I agree that the shade is light but it seemed buildable in the store so hopefully you will like it. Sometimes a light shade of blush on one's skin tone creates an odd unnatural look or if something reads frosty. Personally I don't care for that type of makeup but I'm more the natural type. I went onto the Sephora board yesterday where women post photos of themselves with makeup looks they've done. I must live under a rock because personally I felt so much was just way too much. I found it very unappealing. I suppose that sort of board attracts women who love to create more dramatic looks with makeup…..

--Me too! I think you may really like that cheek tint. I love how it all looks on her. Do those tints come in other shades, or is that a really new product?

Most everything looks good on Cara. She is a makeup artist. That is not a really new product. Sephora carries it and its like a tinted Infiinity cream. I know some felt it separated and the stay powder seems to vary from person to person. Overall the reviews are good enough to warrant trying it. I suspect it may stay better on drier skin. The Forever Rose in the TSV seems to be exclusive but she is wearing the Forever Cherry which is available along with other shades. I'm just glad she did not include another argan blush stick because those don't work for me.

Sounds like a great way for you to organize your beauty products! I think the good thing is that you will have easy access to many items and you can SEE them. How easy is it for us to just put them in a box or closet and totally forget about them?

My JM shipped! I have to say that using this simple skincare my skin feels so calm, clean and healthy. The 'rosacea' seems to have all but disappeared. This is the first summer in fact where I did not get all red/pink from sun and warmth-like while driving in the car. I've even added the PC retinol serum which is very nice.

I will not repurchase the PC cleansers because while they are very nice they leave my skin too dry regardless of which formula I have tried. Purpose so far works best and its less expensive. Saw a couple of products that I may try. Dove has a product called DermaSeries Ultra Caring Gentle cream face cleanser and Olay has an eye product has a Regenerist product to brighten the eye area. Dark circles are not really an issue but allergy eyes are kicking in. They look more puffy and tired in the morning. I found the last Olay eye product with the metal applicator is not bad but it really doesn't hydrated as I would like. I think the line was designed for a younger group.

Looks like a beauty day today? I think LG is on. Will you catch any of it? Such a beautiful day to be inside with the tv!! I will catch some on and off.

SilentDance1408189965.26714715 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/16/2014 bljed said:

I agree that the shade is light but it seemed buildable in the store so hopefully you will like it. Sometimes a light shade of blush on one's skin tone creates an odd unnatural look or if something reads frosty. Personally I don't care for that type of makeup but I'm more the natural type. I went onto the Sephora board yesterday where women post photos of themselves with makeup looks they've done. I must live under a rock because personally I felt so much was just way too much. I found it very unappealing. I suppose that sort of board attracts women who love to create more dramatic looks with makeup…..

--The peaches tend to look better on me when I have BB cream on, so we'll see how that goes.

Most everything looks good on Cara. She is a makeup artist. That is not a really new product. Sephora carries it and its like a tinted Infiinity cream. I know some felt it separated and the stay powder seems to vary from person to person. Overall the reviews are good enough to warrant trying it. I suspect it may stay better on drier skin. The Forever Rose in the TSV seems to be exclusive but she is wearing the Forever Cherry which is available along with other shades. I'm just glad she did not include another argan blush stick because those don't work for me.

---It's a nice change. Too bad she didn't do just a makeup kit sometimes without oil.

--In case you miss it, godFreako posted again and it looks like JM will be bringing unscented products to the Q.

Sounds like a great way for you to organize your beauty products! I think the good thing is that you will have easy access to many items and you can SEE them. How easy is it for us to just put them in a box or closet and totally forget about them?

--Exactly! Things even get lost in my Muji organizer too. Going to do another cleaning and keep it like clothes and shoes. If not worn for the past 1.5 year, it's getting tossed. lol

My JM shipped! I have to say that using this simple skincare my skin feels so calm, clean and healthy. The 'rosacea' seems to have all but disappeared. This is the first summer in fact where I did not get all red/pink from sun and warmth-like while driving in the car. I've even added the PC retinol serum which is very nice.

--Less is better. All we need is a moisturizer that works for us and one treatment product. I think this is why I like KS so much, I can really keep it minimal.

I will not repurchase the PC cleansers because while they are very nice they leave my skin too dry regardless of which formula I have tried. Purpose so far works best and its less expensive. Saw a couple of products that I may try. Dove has a product called DermaSeries Ultra Caring Gentle cream face cleanser and Olay has an eye product has a Regenerist product to brighten the eye area. Dark circles are not really an issue but allergy eyes are kicking in. They look more puffy and tired in the morning. I found the last Olay eye product with the metal applicator is not bad but it really doesn't hydrated as I would like. I think the line was designed for a younger group.

---Even some cleansers make me red and starting out with that and then adding more stuff just makes the inflammation process worse. While I did get a little dry when I was not taking care of my skin properly, it looked good.

Looks like a beauty day today? I think LG is on. Will you catch any of it? Such a beautiful day to be inside with the tv!! I will catch some on and off.

--I will have it on background. Have to run out a couple of time, but I will be at the computer finishing up my work. Ok, so that 8 piece LG holiday set is nice and does have the B & B, but I have to think about it. There are the lip crayons that I would like to have.

bljed1408239969.7437056 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--In case you miss it, godFreako posted again and it looks like JM will be bringing unscented products to the Q.

Thanks SilentDance- I did see the post along with the LG holiday sets you were eyeing. At least there is time to think it over. I have about 1/2 a tub left of the jumbo size of the unscented body butter. I love it. What I like is that it does not interfere with any fragrance I am wearing.

--Exactly! Things even get lost in my Muji organizer too. Going to do another cleaning and keep it like clothes and shoes. If not worn for the past 1.5 year, it's getting tossed. lol

I have never understood how people can hang onto lots of things for many years if they just sit unused. I have a few makeup items I don't reach for or love as much as I hoped but hang onto.

This evening I wore foundation and my FULL Trish planner face with shadow stick smokey eye. I was able to get made up fairly quickly and was so pleased with the end result. I'm reminded of this when I do use the planner- the complete look is so nice and just what I feel good in.

-Less is better. All we need is a moisturizer that works for us and one treatment product. I think this is why I like KS so much, I can really keep it minimal

Agree!!!

--I will have it on background. Have to run out a couple of time, but I will be at the computer finishing up my work. Ok, so that 8 piece LG holiday set is nice and does have the B & B, but I have to think about it. There are the lip crayons that I would like to have.

I ended up missing all of it! Did you buy anything today?

This is my current pedicure shade and I'm lovin' it. I am crazy for pink.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

http://beaut.ie/2011/opi-elephantasic-pink-perfect-summer-nail-polish/#.U_AMwxawhhA

Edited- I ordered the Vitamix today. Excited to get it. I hope I like/use this as much as I have the Ninja cooker. My regular blended is having trouble mixing some of my smoothies. It doesn't like the frozen banana with ice so I have to keep pushing things around with a spoon etc. Do you have any experience with the Vitamix?

SilentDance1408289659.7214715 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/16/2014 bljed said:

Thanks SilentDance- I did see the post along with the LG holiday sets you were eyeing. At least there is time to think it over. I have about 1/2 a tub left of the jumbo size of the unscented body butter. I love it. What I like is that it does not interfere with any fragrance I am wearing.

--I thought you might like to know, but I also think you like her scented products too.

I have never understood how people can hang onto lots of things for many years if they just sit unused. I have a few makeup items I don't reach for or love as much as I hoped but hang onto.

--I guess when I didn't have much I did hang on to it, now I have the need to clear up and get organized. I get new stuff and the old stuff goes into a box. Sometimes it comes out and sometimes I just forget about it. This is why I am more thoughtful in my purchases. Unless it is something very special, I am avoiding all glosses and lipsticks these days.

This evening I wore foundation and my FULL Trish planner face with shadow stick smokey eye. I was able to get made up fairly quickly and was so pleased with the end result. I'm reminded of this when I do use the planner- the complete look is so nice and just what I feel good in.

--I'm so glad you got a great look and inspired me to use it. After the summer I will put my LG away and take out my Shiseido BB cream and TM kits.

I ended up missing all of it! Did you buy anything today?

This is my current pedicure shade and I'm lovin' it. I am crazy for pink.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

http://beaut.ie/2011/opi-elephantasic-pink-perfect-summer-nail-polish/#.U_AMwxawhhA

Edited- I ordered the Vitamix today. Excited to get it. I hope I like/use this as much as I have the Ninja cooker. My regular blended is having trouble mixing some of my smoothies. It doesn't like the frozen banana with ice so I have to keep pushing things around with a spoon etc. Do you have any experience with the Vitamix?

--all of the sudden post went crazy. First of all Congrats on the Vitamix. I've always wanted one, but I have the Margarita machine and a new blender and couldn't justify. You will be able to make ice creams and soups. Let me know how it works out for you. It should make some awesome smoothies.

---Love your pink. I'm not one for pink clothes or accessories, but I am loving my pink shadows, and nail polish lately. For me, it screams happy.

--Did not buy anything yesterday, but I did purchase the LG brow compact today from Ulta. I really wanted to try and need options to YBF. I also purchased the mini Nordic OPI set.

--I hope you love your IT duo. It seems to be very popular and the shade is very pretty.

bljed1408301958.937056 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

SilentDance- I'm excited about the Vitamix but a little nervous about the cost. I just hope I get the value out of it and it helps with making healthy delicious foods.

I had cancelled the iT duo because I have the JM arriving and just ordered the Vitamix. Honestly even though I really like the look of the shade I don't need another pink lip product at the moment.

-Love your pink. I'm not one for pink clothes or accessories, but I am loving my pink shadows, and nail polish lately. For me, it screams happy

Thanks, I thought the shade was pretty for the toes. I wear a bit of pink with regard to tops and I LOVE the blush pink bag I ordered earlier this summer. Its like a pink/beige and goes so well with so many different colors.

--Did not buy anything yesterday, but I did purchase the LG brow compact today from Ulta. I really wanted to try and need options to YBF. I also purchased the mini Nordic OPI set.

I too would like another brow product, especially if I could just get it in the store. I hope you like the LG one. I had tried the Benefit brow powder years ago but did not care for it. I had to mix the two shades and was always worried my brow shades did not quite match each other. LOL

--I'm so glad you got a great look and inspired me to use it. After the summer I will put my LG away and take out my Shiseido BB cream and TM kits.

DH told me last night while we were out my eyes looked s*xy. I almost laughed out loud but apparently the Trish eye was working. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I wore the Smokey Quartz shadow stick actually.

Today I took out the MAC Earthline to wear with the BM BB. It had transferred quite a bit by 1/2 the day. Very frustrating. I wonder if I should just stop wearing pencils at this point? I do know that I won't buy anymore of them.

SilentDance1408331065.4614715 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/17/2014 bljed said:

SilentDance- I'm excited about the Vitamix but a little nervous about the cost. I just hope I get the value out of it and it helps with making healthy delicious foods.

--Yes, it's expensive but worth it if you use it. You have a month to try it. You'll know in that time if you should keep or not.

I had cancelled the iT duo because I have the JM arriving and just ordered the Vitamix. Honestly even though I really like the look of the shade I don't need another pink lip product at the moment.

--True. Since you are not adverse to something brighter or bolder to try this fall, you should be on the look out for something different.

Thanks, I thought the shade was pretty for the toes. I wear a bit of pink with regard to tops and I LOVE the blush pink bag I ordered earlier this summer. Its like a pink/beige and goes so well with so many different colors.

--Blush is an excellent shade for spring/summer. It basically goes with everything. I almost bought the pink in the NOrdic collection from OPI but I need to see what I own first. I really haven't had any time to pay attention to my nails.

I too would like another brow product, especially if I could just get it in the store. I hope you like the LG one. I had tried the Benefit brow powder years ago but did not care for it. I had to mix the two shades and was always worried my brow shades did not quite match each other. LOL

--The Q was sold out in Brunette, so I was glad to get it at Ulta. I feel the need to try something new in the brow area. I love YBF, but due to my challenged brows, I also feel the need to always have a back up plan. lol

DH told me last night while we were out my eyes looked s*xy. I almost laughed out loud but apparently the Trish eye was working. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I wore the Smokey Quartz shadow stick actually.

--How sweet and what a compliment, good for you! That's a pretty shade.

Today I took out the MAC Earthline to wear with the BM BB. It had transferred quite a bit by 1/2 the day. Very frustrating. I wonder if I should just stop wearing pencils at this point? I do know that I won't buy anymore of them.

--They smudge the least on me. Hmmm... It's a medium pencil, not too creamy/soft and not hard. Did you wear it with a cream shadow? Apply moisturizer maybe. If you're having better luck with gel liners than maybe you should stick with them. Nothing worse than transferred eyeliner. I hate that.

--QVC on background now and it's a 7 year warranty for the Vitamix. That's really good. What color did you get?

bljed1408401450.27056 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

--Yes, it's expensive but worth it if you use it. You have a month to try it. You'll know in that time if you should keep or not

That did not dawn on me. The reviews are so good for that product. I'm going to try a bunch of things with it to really make sure I get use out of it. I like my little blender but it doesn't have the power and a few years ago I bought a food processor and I hate using it. I hate changing blades and cleaning it etc. I wanted one for so many years and then did not like using it when I got it!

--True. Since you are not adverse to something brighter or bolder to try this fall, you should be on the look out for something different.

I stlll may purchase the iT lipstick but not right now. Ulta has coupons and I could run in and pick it up at some point.

--The Q was sold out in Brunette, so I was glad to get it at Ulta. I feel the need to try something new in the brow area. I love YBF, but due to my challenged brows, I also feel the need to always have a back up plan. lol

Brow product has become my desert island product. Well I guess that and hair color!!! Two items I don't ever want to be without these days. Both in need of help as a result of aging. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

--They smudge the least on me. Hmmm... It's a medium pencil, not too creamy/soft and not hard. Did you wear it with a cream shadow? Apply moisturizer maybe. If you're having better luck with gel liners than maybe you should stick with them. Nothing worse than transferred eyeliner. I hate that

I know, they did not transfer or smudge on me before. So sad! I did not use eye cream and I first applied the BM BB eyeshadow which acts as primer. Gel doesn't transfer but its more time consuming to apply, you have to wash brushes and the line isn't' quite as soft as with a pencil.

--QVC on background now and it's a 7 year warranty for the Vitamix. That's really good. What color did you get?

I bought the cinnamon.

This recipe is DELICIOUS!!!!! I'm up to my eyeballs in garden produce and this is great for using it up and really enjoying it.

http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/09/19/baked-zucchini-tomato-casserole-recipe/

bljed1408575474.8337056 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- thought I'd update…received the JM TSV. I believe this could be 'strike 2' for recently. The CD Moi is NOT good for me. Hair doesn't look or feel good. REGRET.

The JM tinted moisturizer turned me orange. It even gave that dreaded line of demarkation. I did not apply heavily at all. If I put on any less there would be no spf protection making it useless. I have yet to try mixing with the untinted but honestly I'm not comfortable wearing products that are orange on me. The tinted Infinity cream flared my cheek and it stung all the rest of the day. There is something in it-maybe citrus oil? While I do love the milk, I don't need any argan oil right now so I'm not sure I'll be keeping this kit. I was hoping to love the tinted moisturizer and then I was fine with setting aside the oil until I needed it.

On a more positive note the Vitamix arrived today!! Too tired to go through it all tonight but will try it later tomorrow!

Page 94 of 94