Guaranteed Delivery
3 Members and 309 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1418525659.437 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 103 of 103
bljed1417090109.757207 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! I'm soon off to where there are 10+" of snow on the ground! A white Thanksgiving this year!

The EL gloss set isn't terribly appealing to me because I have so much new stuff. However I do love those mini sizes and like their gloss formula a lot. As for Candy Clown we both know anything will compliment it as its the best 'goes with everything' type shade. LOL

I don't use a separate eye cream….I just use my spf PC moisturizer all over including under my eyes. I don't have trouble with under eye smudging. I do think it can be an issue for you because you have to figure if you are putting a cream onto the skin it can migrate to the liner. Perhaps its too emollient?

My issue has been the constant transferring of liner on the right eye only. Last week I used the Trish powder liner and it even did it then. I was shocked. Looks like gel or liquid would be the only formulas where I would not get that occurring BUT I have trouble applying them and they don't give me the softer look I prefer. I think I'm just going to have to live with it and wipe it off when it occurs. I find that if I wipe if off it doesn't re-occur. For some reason its that initial time when I think there is simply more liner (its thicker) to transfer.

Great with the Dolly palette. I also liked it and almost purchased. Forgot to check it in person but watched a video review. I think it has black eyeliner? I wish they would not do black liner in so many kits.

Ok, so I've been busy lately with purchases. I just received the BM TSV!!! I love the look of all of it. It was so overcast here the past 2 days I could not get a great idea of the lipstick but it seemed to be a nice everyday shade. I think there is enough pink in it for me. I need to look at it outside in full sun to be sure. Lighting with shades like that can be SO tricky. I'm going to wear the kit today. Actually really like the deep brown liner a lot too. I think the illuminator will be good. While its 'gold' its not the deeper really yellow gold….its softer and more a beige gold. I think….

Also purchased from Sephora the JM Argan Dreams color collection. I'm going to try mixing that illuminator with her body butter. The Rose gold shadow looks so pretty. The Inifinity lip tint is a nice pink. Somehow I feel the shadow and pink lip tint look more summery. I got this great bag of samples-a rare thing these days along with the JM 500 point kit. I had gone into the store but they were out of it and onto a Smashbox one so I went home and ordered what I wanted because it was still in stock online.

The last thing is the Clarins lip crayon in Plum. This is very nice. I really like their crayons. Feel so nice and the Plum is a pop of sheer color. My favorite look is some color but with a bit of sheen. Finding it more youthful.

Last week I ended up returning the Trish crayon kit. I tried working with them and it was NOT worth the $60 as I could only wear the Rose on the cheeks. It made a nice blush but was not the best look for my lips. I also did not care for the taste and feel of them on my lips. THere are many superior products out there. The other 2 shades I did not like at all.

Oh also got an Hourglass blush that I have yet to try. It doesn't seem to be one with shimmer in it. I am in need of a quick blush for work mornings. i love the Pink Escape gelee blush in the kit I got but the container is about the size of a nickel. I don't know how I'm going to apply this. I cannot get my stippling brush in it properly. Any ideas?

I hope you like the apple crisp. I made pumpkin pie which is simple. No Dutch oven yet. I put it on my wish list. I have a 4 quart but would love the 6 quart.

So you saw the auto deliveries for the latest BM TSV? I love the look of the next one. The July may be a pass for me and I'm not sure about the next Oct. I also have the auto delivery for the one provious with the foundation-which I am liking.

I will probably do some casual shopping tomorrow….little deals at Sephora don't interest me. I did see one with the JM hand cream that might be nice to have. For some odd reason I'm still drooling over the iT Cosmetics matte palette (the first one). I think slight shimmer/sheen might be prettier so I need to RESIST. LOL

SilentDance1417483160.08714862 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 11/27/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! I'm soon off to where there are 10+" of snow on the ground! A white Thanksgiving this year!

---Only 10"? I hope you had a great time. I hate the snow and the winter and I am dreading it.

The EL gloss set isn't terribly appealing to me because I have so much new stuff. However I do love those mini sizes and like their gloss formula a lot. As for Candy Clown we both know anything will compliment it as its the best 'goes with everything' type shade. LOL

--It doesn't have candy clown but still wasn't a sell for me.

I don't use a separate eye cream….I just use my spf PC moisturizer all over including under my eyes. I don't have trouble with under eye smudging. I do think it can be an issue for you because you have to figure if you are putting a cream onto the skin it can migrate to the liner. Perhaps its too emollient?

--That could definitely be a problem as I know it's for me. I use shiseido at night which is very emollient and nothing in morning otherwise my eyes are a mess.

My issue has been the constant transferring of liner on the right eye only. Last week I used the Trish powder liner and it even did it then. I was shocked. Looks like gel or liquid would be the only formulas where I would not get that occurring BUT I have trouble applying them and they don't give me the softer look I prefer. I think I'm just going to have to live with it and wipe it off when it occurs. I find that if I wipe if off it doesn't re-occur. For some reason its that initial time when I think there is simply more liner (its thicker) to transfer.

--Maybe application? I remember I had problem with tm liners until I applied differently. I am righty and my left eye always come out better.

Great with the Dolly palette. I also liked it and almost purchased. Forgot to check it in person but watched a video review. I think it has black eyeliner? I wish they would not do black liner in so many kits.

--It's $29.00 on sale at Sephora now. Wow better than my 20% off deal. I love it so I can forgive Sephora. lol

--Glad you like the BM TSV. It's really is very nice and the luminizer although beigey just doesn't show up that way. I will decide on the next three since I am building quite a collection now and not sure how much I need.

--I purchased BM The Big Top for only $49.00 ($79.00) and Star of the show for $38.00 ($54.00) and also got a LG Flawless in a flash kit for $19.00. Those were for me from black friday Macys on line. Purchased some Loccitane stuff and picked up the kits for $15.00 for kits.

Also purchased from Sephora the JM Argan Dreams color collection. I'm going to try mixing that illuminator with her body butter. The Rose gold shadow looks so pretty. The Inifinity lip tint is a nice pink. Somehow I feel the shadow and pink lip tint look more summery. I got this great bag of samples-a rare thing these days along with the JM 500 point kit. I had gone into the store but they were out of it and onto a Smashbox one so I went home and ordered what I wanted because it was still in stock online.

--Very Nice. There were some good kits this year.

The last thing is the Clarins lip crayon in Plum. This is very nice. I really like their crayons. Feel so nice and the Plum is a pop of sheer color. My favorite look is some color but with a bit of sheen. Finding it more youthful.

--I need to look at these. I am really liking lip crayons these days.

Last week I ended up returning the Trish crayon kit. I tried working with them and it was NOT worth the $60 as I could only wear the Rose on the cheeks. It made a nice blush but was not the best look for my lips. I also did not care for the taste and feel of them on my lips. THere are many superior products out there. The other 2 shades I did not like at all.

--I think the Perfect Pink shade would have been best for you. The nude is ok but you wouldn't like it and I didn't care for the other shades. I think its best to return then to keep stuff. I wish I would follow my own advice.

Oh also got an Hourglass blush that I have yet to try. It doesn't seem to be one with shimmer in it. I am in need of a quick blush for work mornings. i love the Pink Escape gelee blush in the kit I got but the container is about the size of a nickel. I don't know how I'm going to apply this. I cannot get my stippling brush in it properly. Any ideas?

--Let me know how you like the blush. I've only tried their luminizer products but didn't care for them. I saw a blogger with blush and it looked pretty. Can you remove it from the compact? I bought the Z thing from Sephora but yet to try. Maybe if you remove it and place it in another compact with a magnet or something else? Otherwise I guess a finger might be best?

I hope you like the apple crisp. I made pumpkin pie which is simple. No Dutch oven yet. I put it on my wish list. I have a 4 quart but would love the 6 quart.

--Never made it. A guest brought an apple pie so I decided to try it another time.

So you saw the auto deliveries for the latest BM TSV? I love the look of the next one. The July may be a pass for me and I'm not sure about the next Oct. I also have the auto delivery for the one provious with the foundation-which I am liking

--Briefly and I am loving the cases too.

I will probably do some casual shopping tomorrow….little deals at Sephora don't interest me. I did see one with the JM hand cream that might be nice to have. For some odd reason I'm still drooling over the iT Cosmetics matte palette (the first one). I think slight shimmer/sheen might be prettier so I need to RESIST. LOL

--I got the nest rollerballs and something else I can't remember. I have boxes from Macys sitting on floor and will get to them when I sign off.

---Saw this and copied it because I new it would be gone after GF posted:

Doll 10 4 Piece Lip Rouge Collection

Edited: It won't let me paste the picture. :(

Last edited on 12/1/2014

bljed1417566021.6577207 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- I got sick and could not BF shop. I did see online that EL had the glosses and quite frankly I did like the shades! Just did not feel like ordering them. I will check out the Dolly on sale. My only gripe is that darn cardboard box style packaging.

-I purchased BM The Big Top for only $49.00 ($79.00) and Star of the show for $38.00 ($54.00) and also got a LG Flawless in a flash kit for $19.00. Those were for me from black friday Macys on line. Purchased some Loccitane stuff and picked up the kits for $15.00 for kits.

Wow you're getting quite a BM stash. I really do like the last TSV. Haven't officially worn the lipstick or luminizer but loved the other products. The liner worked out ok and there was little transferring. I wish the kit was pressed but what can you do? I always thought the line had such gorgeous shades and the finished on those two shades is very pretty. Just hate the mess.

I gave the HourGlass blush a test run and it is nice. The only thing is that its looking at like my new BM blush. First impression anyhow. I will have to swatch them. Also had to be careful because its easy for me to overdo that shade. I have the Luminous Flush and I don't see any shimmer at all. It was my favorite shade.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/03/hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush.html

As for the tiny JM cheek gelee I don't know about taking it out of the glass jar. When I tried to use my finger it all ended up under my finger nail. I will have to play with it because I think its my favorite shade.

--I got the nest rollerballs and something else I can't remember. I have boxes from Macys sitting on floor and will get to them when I sign off.

Sounds like you've done some good shopping! I was starting to feel like I should hold back on myself as I have gifts to purchase. The difficult thing is that there are just some good deals out there. I decided to order a JM argan milk from her website during the 25% off sale and the huge tub of argan body butter unscented from qvc. I am nearly out of the unscented large jar I bought last winter. These items are HG for me so I figured why not buy with the better prices.

I appreciate your attempt at posting the Doll 10 lipstick photo. I did happen to see it when it was posted. I'm going to hold off and use what I have. I bought quite a few new lipsticks this fall which I needed but feel its enough for now. My big regret was the Aerin lipstick. Ended up not especially liking the shade or taste/fragrance so much.

Have you seen any LG shows? Remember that large holiday makeup collection?

Edited to add. have the Dolly palette in my cart. Feeling a tad uncertain about the blush. Is it s deeper mauve shade? I'm wondering if it will be good for fair skin also? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited on 12/2/2014

bljed1417997523.857207 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- just wanted to show you this pretty Spring (yes I said spring, LOL) collection. Love the shadows but am not sure how much use I'd get out of the greens. anyhow its already up for sale on the Macys website!

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/11/clarins-spring-2015-garden-escape-makeup.html

Hope you are enjoying the holidays and not getting too frantic.

SilentDance1418435869.37314862 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 12/7/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- just wanted to show you this pretty Spring (yes I said spring, LOL) collection. Love the shadows but am not sure how much use I'd get out of the greens. anyhow its already up for sale on the Macys website!

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/11/clarins-spring-2015-garden-escape-makeup.html

Hope you are enjoying the holidays and not getting too frantic.

Hi bljed,

How are you? No, not frantic just exhausted from painting and clean up. Unfortunately, I have to do it when I get a break and the break is during the holidays. By 1/1 I should be able to sit back and relax. I do have my kitchen and the bathrooms to paint but those are weekend projects that don't take too much time.

I haven't been impressed with any makeup lately and still didn't try out my new BM stuff, but I have to say that the Clarins looks really nice especially those eye shadows---all wearable and so pretty.I can't believe it's up at Macys already. My bedroom is a mess with gifts to be wrapped. Well not wrapped because back in Xmas in July I purchased the collection of bags the Q offered and I am so glad I did since it will make my life easier. Anyway, my new BM makeup is sitting somewhere and I will eventually try it out.

:)

SilentDance1418437014.6614862 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 12/2/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- I got sick and could not BF shop. I did see online that EL had the glosses and quite frankly I did like the shades! Just did not feel like ordering them. I will check out the Dolly on sale. My only gripe is that darn cardboard box style packaging.

-I purchased BM The Big Top for only $49.00 ($79.00) and Star of the show for $38.00 ($54.00) and also got a LG Flawless in a flash kit for $19.00. Those were for me from black friday Macys on line. Purchased some Loccitane stuff and picked up the kits for $15.00 for kits.

Wow you're getting quite a BM stash. I really do like the last TSV. Haven't officially worn the lipstick or luminizer but loved the other products. The liner worked out ok and there was little transferring. I wish the kit was pressed but what can you do? I always thought the line had such gorgeous shades and the finished on those two shades is very pretty. Just hate the mess.

-----Yes, accumulating too much. I'm not sure about the Big Top collection since it looks sort of bright to me. I may return without even trying.

I gave the HourGlass blush a test run and it is nice. The only thing is that its looking at like my new BM blush. First impression anyhow. I will have to swatch them. Also had to be careful because its easy for me to overdo that shade. I have the Luminous Flush and I don't see any shimmer at all. It was my favorite shade.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/03/hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush.html

------Are you still liking it? It's so hard to find anything without shimmer and some that don't have shimmer are dull so having one without shimmer that you like is great.

As for the tiny JM cheek gelee I don't know about taking it out of the glass jar. When I tried to use my finger it all ended up under my finger nail. I will have to play with it because I think its my favorite shade.

-----okay, now I remember what it looks like. Shiseido supplies little plastic like spoons with their eye cream and that's what you can use. The sterile cotton applicators might be a good idea to take it out and then dot on cheeks.

Sounds like you've done some good shopping! I was starting to feel like I should hold back on myself as I have gifts to purchase. The difficult thing is that there are just some good deals out there. I decided to order a JM argan milk from her website during the 25% off sale and the huge tub of argan body butter unscented from qvc. I am nearly out of the unscented large jar I bought last winter. These items are HG for me so I figured why not buy with the better prices.

---I shopped but never got to play with anything. I agree that it's worth it to buy at the best sale. I make the same mistake every year and buy things and better things come along and I end up with an excess of small gifts I was planning to give. It pays to stock up on HG products.

I appreciate your attempt at posting the Doll 10 lipstick photo. I did happen to see it when it was posted. I'm going to hold off and use what I have. I bought quite a few new lipsticks this fall which I needed but feel its enough for now. My big regret was the Aerin lipstick. Ended up not especially liking the shade or taste/fragrance so much.

----I wonder if they were every shown? My big regret was the Too Faced Melteds...a lot of hype and the shades are ugly. I could have done without the purchas.

Have you seen any LG shows? Remember that large holiday makeup collection?

--I have barely watched any TV. I did see the TSV today and was underwhelmed by it. I have a blush in the small kit I got from Macys on BF. I have been wanting to try a blush from her line so I feel that is enough. The lipstick shade on the TSV is not good IMO.

Edited to add. have the Dolly palette in my cart. Feeling a tad uncertain about the blush. Is it s deeper mauve shade? I'm wondering if it will be good for fair skin also? Would appreciate your thoughts.

---Most of the best reviews are from fair tones. I love the shade and it's not dark. That's my favorite kit at the moment. and the makeup that I reach for most of the time. It's one stop shopping for me.

:)

bljed1418525659.7677207 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

bljed,

How are you? No, not frantic just exhausted from painting and clean up. Unfortunately, I have to do it when I get a break and the break is during the holidays. By 1/1 I should be able to sit back and relax. I do have my kitchen and the bathrooms to paint but those are weekend projects that don't take too much time.

+++Eh, ok. My dog is been quite sick all week. I'm worried but we don't yet know what is wrong with him. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

++Paining is on my to do list for next spring. There is always a project around here. LOL

I haven't been impressed with any makeup lately and still didn't try out my new BM stuff, but I have to say that the Clarins looks really nice especially those eye shadows---all wearable and so pretty.I can't believe it's up at Macys already. My bedroom is a mess with gifts to be wrapped. Well not wrapped because back in Xmas in July I purchased the collection of bags the Q offered and I am so glad I did since it will make my life easier. Anyway, my new BM makeup is sitting somewhere and I will eventually try it out.

++I love that Clarins collection and will seriously consider it. Today I wore the 3 dot liner and like how it holds like iron all day. Its basically just liquid liner but goes on so thin that it doesn't give that more obvious line that can look a bit too much. Love the Pink Magnolia lipstick I bought!

-----Yes, accumulating too much. I'm not sure about the Big Top collection since it looks sort of bright to me. I may return without even trying.

The thing about BM is that its impossible to tell how the shades look on the skin vs in the pots.

------Are you still liking it? It's so hard to find anything without shimmer and some that don't have shimmer are dull so having one without shimmer that you like is great

In regard to the HG blush no I don't like it as much. I'm noticing that it looks sort of flat and pulling tannish on me. I first thought well it adds some warmth but its not looking as nice to me because of all the beige in it. I will probably send it back.

----I wonder if they were every shown? My big regret was the Too Faced Melteds...a lot of hype and the shades are ugly. I could have done without the purchas

Tough not to have a few duds throughout the year. I just received this week this Doll 10 3 piece holiday kit. A very pretty pink blush, lipstick and champagne gloss. THe blush looks a bit luminous which I prefer over the HG. It also brightens me up more. I'm looking SUPER white lately so I noticed I have to be super careful with blush.

For the holiday season I've done pretty good. Purchased 2 Doll 10 kits and then replenished my Argan Milk and Body Butter. For any holiday dressing up I've only been grabbing my shadow sticks. I have found them so quick and easy to apply with the right amount of shimmer. I've been trying to refrain from buying any large shadow palettes because I don't tend to wear the powders as much. Had my eye on the iT matte one for a long while. Perhaps I'll just go with a Clarins collection for spring. We'll have to see what comes along. They do make pretty makeup!

Page 103 of 103