Labor Day Weekend Clearance
114 Members and 10097 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1409578650.1 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 95 of 95
bljed1409267791.6637080 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---Oh, that's what I do with a lot of my shadows.I should make good use of them.

I have found her eye definers shadows were beautifully. Sorry you haven't had luck with the gel liner but I know some seem to love it while others don't. I'm not sure why they're smudging. Its funny because DD had been wearing the Aubergine one to do this sort of winged liner look. It wears like iron on her and she mentioned that her friend was surprised when it held up p swimming!

--I didn't see it, but whatever you put on your hand always looks different than the face. Hands are drier and different shading. At least it's a pump. Did you try shaking it?

Oh yes, its been shaken. Its ok with the 4:1 ratio I've created. I was suspect of it creating some irritation. I opted not to wear it today and had no irritation. I will try again tomorrow with it. Sometimes I think its just sometimes my skin. Lately its been more sensitive in general, very dry itchy forehead at times and a little blotchy on the forehead. Today it was much better.

--I read those reviews early on and that's why I mentioned it to you. It's still a great buy and not much more than the cost of the foundation, but I totally get what you are saying about having things around that don't get used. Why spend even $10.00 more for something not used, right?

Yes, its a great deal and very nice. I just know that I won't wear the other items. The 'new' powder is better for oil control etc and I'll never use that compact of powder. I only use the Trish finishing powder and very little of it. I'm down to about 1/2 pan on the last 'full' size of it I purchased. Its a staple this time of year.

--Mine shipped too. It takes so much longer with surepost (2-3 days) and summertime is not a good time for things to take longer to arrive.

honestly I don't know if I'll get mine by Sat. I was really hoping not to have to wait until after the holiday. Don't like it sitting the extra day I guess. So far I haven't had any issues in the heat but you never know. Some items have arrived VERY warmed up in years past.

SilentDance1409347860.0714734 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/28/2014 bljed said:

I have found her eye definers shadows were beautifully. Sorry you haven't had luck with the gel liner but I know some seem to love it while others don't. I'm not sure why they're smudging. Its funny because DD had been wearing the Aubergine one to do this sort of winged liner look. It wears like iron on her and she mentioned that her friend was surprised when it held up p swimming!

--It's always on the bottom outer corner that it smudges, so I probably am going to low with the gel liner and will try raising it a bit . I know whatever is left on my eye is hard to take off.

Oh yes, its been shaken. Its ok with the 4:1 ratio I've created. I was suspect of it creating some irritation. I opted not to wear it today and had no irritation. I will try again tomorrow with it. Sometimes I think its just sometimes my skin. Lately its been more sensitive in general, very dry itchy forehead at times and a little blotchy on the forehead. Today it was much better.

--Do you have air conditioning because I think it dries me out as much as the heating in the winter does?

Yes, its a great deal and very nice. I just know that I won't wear the other items. The 'new' powder is better for oil control etc and I'll never use that compact of powder. I only use the Trish finishing powder and very little of it. I'm down to about 1/2 pan on the last 'full' size of it I purchased. Its a staple this time of year.

--I'm glad to have something to pass on, but will keep my eyes open for the LG in September. I use so much of the balance and brighten I really need a regular size. That travel size is ridiculous to work with.

honestly I don't know if I'll get mine by Sat. I was really hoping not to have to wait until after the holiday. Don't like it sitting the extra day I guess. So far I haven't had any issues in the heat but you never know. Some items have arrived VERY warmed up in years past.

--Mine transferred to post office today and probably won't get here until Tues. I would rather have it sit in their warehouses then in the heat here. I received quite a few hot items this year.

--Today I used my TF brighten kit and just applied some of the BE shadow from my last store bought kit. Nice kit and nice look.

:)

SilentDance1409434373.45714734 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

hi bljed,

My TS arrived. It's a nice compact, smaller than I thought it would be. I know I like the blush because I already have it. The duo bronzer will have to be picked up on the brush at the same time, there is no getting around it. The shades look like they will be good for me. I like the shadow shades especially the one next to the pink shadow. Can't wait to try the definer.

In true TM style, the lipstick and gloss are barely pigmented and don't show up well. They look more like clear glosses on me. The 4 products included if used are worth the price of admission alone. I was concerned about the eye base shade but it doesn't look as light as I thought it might be.

Question: Do you only keep one eye base and eye lift open at a time, or do you have the ones that came with each kit opened and use it each time you use that kit? I thought it best to open one at a time and probably just keep in my drawer.

I will get use of this because I plan on carrying in my bag. I like it and appreciate the simpler makeup items these days.

On another note, have you seen this from EL, the shades look very pretty. BTW, I love those Envy lipsticks I bought a while back, two of my favorites. I wish this kit was a special shade done Envy style.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/estee-lauder-evelyn-lauder-dream-collection-set?ID=1643603&CategoryID=55537#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D5%26kws%3Develyn%26slotId%3D

bljed1409487940.447080 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

-It's always on the bottom outer corner that it smudges, so I probably am going to low with the gel liner and will try raising it a bit . I know whatever is left on my eye is hard to take off.

Yes, its probably just that you're going down too far into the corner. Then again we all know not all products work for everyone. Its more effort to remove but I have also noticed that is the same with my iT gel liner.

--Do you have air conditioning because I think it dries me out as much as the heating in the winter does?

No central air here, haven't been running a/c much at all lately. I think my skin is getting quirky due to hormones.

I also received my Trish ts and am very happy with it. I agree with your review!! The lips are sort of a dud. I wish the rose shade was in her line and I could pick it up in a tube to carry around as I knew I'd never pull out a palette to apply just a lip shade. When I purchased the kit I figured I would not likely get much use out of the lip shades as I never have when they are in palettes. I really like everything else but have yet to try the mascara. If I designed the palette I would take out the lips and do different pans for the bronzer and highlighter. The strips of them are so small there doesn't seem to be much way to apply them separately as instructed. I do have a small brush from last years planner that I've seen her use to apply her highlighter so I might give it a try that way. I tried that weird tannish/kakhi shade yesterday all over the lid and was surprised at how it made my eyes bluer. All the shades look really nice but that one is a bit weird-but I like it. LOL

Question: Do you only keep one eye base and eye lift open at a time, or do you have the ones that came with each kit opened and use it each time you use that kit? I thought it best to open one at a time and probably just keep in my drawer.

I have only kept one open at a time. I have 2 different shades of the Eye Base and both of those are opened but I do keep them in my drawer. If I wanted to go someone with a planner I'd just put whatever one I was using in that planner. I think the products will hold up better that way.

I agree that the EL kit is very pretty. I'd have to see the lipstick in person because some of their shades are rather bold. I agree the Envy formula is very nice. Unfortunately I have only worn my lipstick ONCE. I felt it might look too nude and be washing me out. I'll have to revisit it again.

bljed1409515184.9937080 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Hi SilentDance- used the Trish palette today and I really like it. I ended up loving the rose lip shade in the kit. Oh how I wish I could purchase this in a tube!!!! I over did the bronzer and had to wipe some off but other than that all was good. This palette creates a soft pretty look. So glad I purchased it.

I'm going to be making soup in the Vitamix very soon here! I'll let you know how it turns out. Tomato soup because I'm overflowing with them. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Need some advice regarding the JM kit. My skin was having NO issues until I bought the kit and dabbled in the tinted moisturizer and Infinity cream. Anyhow, I tried the Infinity cream two days on my cheeks and it was clearly irritating. So, stopped that but am still having some issues on the left cheek. Its like my 'canary in the coal mine', if that spot gets irritated by something, its the first spot and with longer term use a product will usually make it worse and then sometimes other areas on my face. Yesterday I used the tint again and no irritation, today I'm irritated but not using it. It seems like the tint just did not feel good on my face the other day either. I really don't feel like keeping the kit for just 2 products yet I'm having trouble figuring out what is up. There are a couple of ingredients in this new Protect and Perfect that I'm wondering if they might be issues. I believe she uses some fruit peel type oils or something and those can irritate some of us. I suppose I could stop using it for a week or so and then retry it? Unfortunately it seems that sometimes once I get irritated and it easily stay that way for quite a while….

SilentDance1409518278.7814734 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/31/2014 bljed said:

Hi SilentDance- used the Trish palette today and I really like it. I ended up loving the rose lip shade in the kit. Oh how I wish I could purchase this in a tube!!!! I over did the bronzer and had to wipe some off but other than that all was good. This palette creates a soft pretty look. So glad I purchased it.

---I'm glad you like it. I haven't worn makeup but it will be the first thing I try. I had the same initial feelings with the glosses in the blue planner and ended up liking them. So, I can change my name too. I actually got a nice gloss with the leopard planner and it's very pretty. Just enough color. No more make up for me. I found my Divergent collection that I put away for fall. I love this collection and will use it, but once again I have too much. It will all last forever, so I won't be buying anything too soon.

--Received an email for the new EL GWP and it's nice. They give you a choice of either bronzer, blush or shadows (look nice) to choose from. They give you Muse deluxe sample and body cream. It really is a nice GWP if I was in the market to buy something.

I'm going to be making soup in the Vitamix very soon here! I'll let you know how it turns out. Tomato soup because I'm overflowing with them. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

---I'm excited. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. I'm winding down with school and I'm getting excited about having the time to cook and bake again. I purchased this today: http://www.qvc.com/11-4.5-Quart-ColoredNonstick-Everyday-Pan-w-Wire-Rack-by-MarkCharles.product.K38507.html?sc=K38507-24HR&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-K38507&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/07/k38507.001?$uslarge$

I got it in copper and it's a nice pan to place on the table too, for those nights I don't want to transfer. It can go into 350 degree oven and that makes it perfect for me.

Need some advice regarding the JM kit. My skin was having NO issues until I bought the kit and dabbled in the tinted moisturizer and Infinity cream. Anyhow, I tried the Infinity cream two days on my cheeks and it was clearly irritating. So, stopped that but am still having some issues on the left cheek. Its like my 'canary in the coal mine', if that spot gets irritated by something, its the first spot and with longer term use a product will usually make it worse and then sometimes other areas on my face. Yesterday I used the tint again and no irritation, today I'm irritated but not using it. It seems like the tint just did not feel good on my face the other day either. I really don't feel like keeping the kit for just 2 products yet I'm having trouble figuring out what is up. There are a couple of ingredients in this new Protect and Perfect that I'm wondering if they might be issues. I believe she uses some fruit peel type oils or something and those can irritate some of us. I suppose I could stop using it for a week or so and then retry it? Unfortunately it seems that sometimes once I get irritated and it easily stay that way for quite a while….

--My advice is stop using them and you should return it. Once you get that inflammation, it just gets worse. I can't use her products more than 3 days in a row, otherwise I get cystic acne pimple. I have no idea why and it doesn't happen with anything else, but there is something in the SPF and the Protect and Perfect (old formula) that does it. So, I say why bother and just stopped using. I'm thinking it has to be the argan oil for me and it could be just one ingredient for you. Probably not the argan because the milk works well for you. Argan is actually an ingredient that is low on the list and Squalane is higher (that's odd) for the tinted moisturizer and it says it may contain Mica. Do you have problems with Mica?

bljed1409521126.2337080 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I think I may take your advice and return the kit. I don't think the Protect and Perfect is agreeable even diluted. I had read through the ingredients and there is SO much in there!! No I don't think I have issues with mica. I'm thinking it might be the fruit peel oils that I believe are in both of the products. I can get the milk on sale and have a full size of Argan Light to still go through. I was having some irritation late last spring with the untinted version and then switched to PC which gives me no issue but not enough hydration. Honestly I am lost at to what to use again. I think I'll finish up the PC while its warmer and then go back to my untinted JM spf and hope for the best.

Also think I should just pick up the BM foundation and skip the kit. I simply don't need the other products despite the 'good deal'. I can go pay $29 in store for the foundation rather than $60 or so for the kit. Shipping plus tax on it, plus products that sit unused are never a deal in the long run.

Did you see that Ulta now has Moxie butter creams? Its an exclusive formula of the Moxie to Ulta.

The tomato soup came out nicely. Both kids ate it! It was creamy tomato soup. using the vitamix saves steps because you then don't have to cook stuff, blend it and then reheat it.

I'm sure the EL gwp is nice. I don't feel the need at the moment to pick anything up from them. I haven't bought from the line for a long time now.

Love your copper pan!

SilentDance1409521795.3914734 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/31/2014 bljed said:

I think I may take your advice and return the kit. I don't think the Protect and Perfect is agreeable even diluted. I had read through the ingredients and there is SO much in there!! No I don't think I have issues with mica. I'm thinking it might be the fruit peel oils that I believe are in both of the products. I can get the milk on sale and have a full size of Argan Light to still go through. I was having some irritation late last spring with the untinted version and then switched to PC which gives me no issue but not enough hydration. Honestly I am lost at to what to use again. I think I'll finish up the PC while its warmer and then go back to my untinted JM spf and hope for the best.

---bljed, I just don't think you should mess with it. Why have something you can't wear freely or worry that it may not agree with your skin?

Also think I should just pick up the BM foundation and skip the kit. I simply don't need the other products despite the 'good deal'. I can go pay $29 in store for the foundation rather than $60 or so for the kit. Shipping plus tax on it, plus products that sit unused are never a deal in the long run.

---Look at some of the youtube videos for the BM. Most have the brush and feel it does well with application. I'm not trying to persuade you, just encouraging you to weigh your options. I watched some videos and it appears as the shades get darker they have a funny tinge color. The youtubers love it and say it's more like a serum. If I could have got a shade I like, I would have tried it.

Did you see that Ulta now has Moxie butter creams? Its an exclusive formula of the Moxie to Ulta.

--Oh no, Moxie is my temptation. I won't look, I won't look. You know I will look.

The tomato soup came out nicely. Both kids ate it! It was creamy tomato soup. using the vitamix saves steps because you then don't have to cook stuff, blend it and then reheat it.

--I imagine you just put everything in and blend/heat, right? That makes it so easy. I love cream of brocolli and I bet it would be so easy with the Vitamix.

I'm sure the EL gwp is nice. I don't feel the need at the moment to pick anything up from them. I haven't bought from the line for a long time now.

--Me neither, but one of the better GWPs in a long time.

Love your copper pan!

--Thanks, I am sure I will get good use of it.

bljed1409578649.3477080 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

---bljed, I just don't think you should mess with it. Why have something you can't wear freely or worry that it may not agree with your skin?

I do agree. I wasn't sure if it just wasn't 'me' but chances are it was trying new products. May have been one or both but I was having some of the same issues last spring with the newly formulated jm spf so who knows. I will pack it up today. I will be on the lookout for a nice non chemical, hydrating spf for the cool weather.

---Look at some of the youtube videos for the BM. Most have the brush and feel it does well with application. I'm not trying to persuade you, just encouraging you to weigh your options. I watched some videos and it appears as the shades get darker they have a funny tinge color. The youtubers love it and say it's more like a serum. If I could have got a shade I like, I would have tried it.

Ok, I will do that. If I want the brush it would be a no brainer to get the kit. The gloss does look pretty too so it would be an added bonus. I do recall it has a weightless silky feel to it-the foundation.

--I imagine you just put everything in and blend/heat, right? That makes it so easy. I love cream of brocolli and I bet it would be so easy with the Vitamix.

With this recipe I had to cook chopped onions in butter before adding to the blender. Some items added to the soups need to be cooked first. Its interesting that you can just pour it and eat it from the vitamin. It was very hot!

Today I will take some time to look at my cosmetics. I know I have pleanty of eyeshadow with the new Lorac palette. I need to toss a few things I never wear and are very old. I'm not sure where to draw the line on what to keep. I'm wondering if its time to get rid of all those liners that transfer? It is hard because some I really did like the shades of. Not sure I'd bother wearing them on the lower lash line with something different on the top lid. I wonder if its time for a 'new start' due to changing needs?

I hope to check out the EL lipstick in the pink kit because if its really nice and wearable I'd like to have the mini polishes too.

Page 95 of 95