Just-Reduced Clearance
142 Members and 17066 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paging SilentDance

Started 1350843064.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1419043159.537 by bljed

Our threads, "Paging PerriTwin1" and "Paging Bljed" have been poofed... so, I'm starting a new one, "Paging SilentDance".

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes} Kiss {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} {#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.bored} {#emotions_dlg.crying} Cool {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.mellow} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.mad} {#emotions_dlg.unsure} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Page 1 of 103
1 2 3 4 ...103Next
SilentDance1350843414.9614863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

Oh wow, someone has it in for us. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

They're just mad because their hands were too slow getting the Sephora code to their cart, or they couldn't figure out how to add subsequent numbers. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

:)

Last edited on 11/12/2012

Nightowlz1350844838.9610033 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I'm glad I saw it before they went poof!!! I saw 2 codes & had to change the last number on one of them several times to find one that would work. Thx. I don't know why anyone would want the thread poofed. If they don't like the thread just don't read it. There were other codes to other places that did not get poofed???

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

bljed1350845740.567208 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Not sure what the heck is going on. I'm loosing track of what we were chatting about. LOL

SilentDance-have you been wearing the Tarte liners we got? Mine seem to be smudging on the lower lid alot. Beautiful shades though. Today I'm wearing the plum. Allergy eyes seem to get the better of the SmolderEyes formula!!!

BTW I went looking for a swatch for the Buxom Emerald liner I purchased. Reviews are not good. Apparently while the shades are beautiful they can fade and/or smudge terribly. Hopefully I'll have better luck!!!

SilentDance1350846836.9914863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/21/2012 bljed said:

Not sure what the heck is going on. I'm loosing track of what we were chatting about. LOL

SilentDance-have you been wearing the Tarte liners we got? Mine seem to be smudging on the lower lid alot. Beautiful shades though. Today I'm wearing the plum. Allergy eyes seem to get the better of the SmolderEyes formula!!!

BTW I went looking for a swatch for the Buxom Emerald liner I purchased. Reviews are not good. Apparently while the shades are beautiful they can fade and/or smudge terribly. Hopefully I'll have better luck!!!

bljed,

there is another thread called SilentDance and it explains why threads are disappearing. I thought this one was gone but I guess not.

I haven't been wearing them, because I've been wearing the Tarantino liners which are pretty fantabulous. I did wear the green and can't remember if it happened. Are you applying cream first? Honestly, beautiful shades but I needed them like a hole in the head.

Went to the mall with a friend today, did not look at makeup or anything. Didn'e even want to look inside Sephora. I'm sick of cosmetics. lol

PerriTwin1a1350847212.99783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1

I am not typing random letters and numbers on this thread and also not posting non-QVC links.... so, hopefully this thread doesn't get poofed. if it does, then it shows that.....

PerriTwin1a1350847386.96383 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1

i was last chatting with a few of u abt royal jelly, manuka honey and george's aloe vera juice.

i add them to my current supps regime.

i got the royal jelly in a tub with honey and a few other stuff in there from vitacost.

SilentDance1350849937.27314863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/21/2012 PerriTwin1a said:

i was last chatting with a few of u abt royal jelly, manuka honey and george's aloe vera juice.

i got the royal jelly in a tub with honey and a few other stuff in there from vitacost.

Costco was selling individuals Aloe Vera JuiceI think aloe is suppose to be good for stomach ailments too, right? Is manuka honey, look like regular honey or is it pill form?

I almost bought it, but I went in for two things and came out with 20.

Last edited on 10/21/2012

SilentDance1350850063.4814863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/21/2012 nightowlz said: I'm glad I saw it before they went poof!!! I saw 2 codes & had to change the last number on one of them several times to find one that would work. Thx. I don't know why anyone would want the thread poofed. If they don't like the thread just don't read it. There were other codes to other places that did not get poofed???

Hi.

Yes, I saw other codes in other places too.

PerriTwin1a1350850155.93383 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1
On 10/21/2012 SilentDance said:

Costco was selling individuals Aloe Vera JuiceI think aloe is suppose to be good for stomach ailments too, right? Is manuka honey, look like regular honey or is it pill form?

Manuka Honey ==> regular honey form

Need to make sure that it is the active type. there's UMF number or some other number under a new system...

This is what I have now: Wedderspoon Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+, 17.6-Ounce Jar

I think i might try this one in the future cos it's higher UMF...

Active MGO 400+ (Old 20+) Manuka Honey 100% Pure by Manuka Health New Zealand Ltd.

PerriTwin1a1350850380.35783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1

YS Eco Bee Farms Alive Bee Power Royal Jelly Paste -- 36000 mg - 20.3 oz

Super Ultimate Strength
  • Bee Pollen, Propolis
  • Korean Ginseng & Eleuthero
  • In Honey
  • Super Ultimate Strength Fresh Royal Jelly contains life forming highly nutritional complexity of nature's super food that queen bee feeds on and incredibly lays over 2,000 eggs per day. Y.S. Fresh Royal Jelly has a superior beehive quality with maximum level of 10-HDA. It is vital to preserve the fresh royal jelly safely by blending with energy packed raw honey capable of naturally crystallizing and maintaining the thick consistency

I researched on the internet before deciding to buy George's Aloe vera juice. It is tasteless... really just like water. Others may taste bitter according to online reviews.

Merrylass1350859204.283115 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

I don't know if you had a chance to read my comments on your new supplements before the other thread was poofed.

Royal jelly - great supplement but anyone with allergies to pollen or gets hay fever should incorporate royal jelly slowly into their regimen.

George's aloe -- best of the aloe veras and used by many who have skin issues (including ezcema). A family friend swears by George's Aloe to help control his ezcema. Also recommended after traveling to certain destinations because it does help eliminate intestinal parasites.

Manuka honey -- also great for skin (applied externally) and used for wound healing.

PerriTwin1a1350859666.65783 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1
On 10/21/2012 Merrylass said:

I don't know if you had a chance to read my comments on your new supplements before the other thread was poofed.

Royal jelly - great supplement but anyone with allergies to pollen or gets hay fever should incorporate royal jelly slowly into their regimen.

George's aloe -- best of the aloe veras and used by many who have skin issues (including ezcema). A family friend swears by George's Aloe to help control his ezcema. Also recommended after traveling to certain destinations because it does help eliminate intestinal parasites.

Manuka honey -- also great for skin (applied externally) and used for wound healing.

Yes, I did, and I replied. But the thread went down... alas...

I have taken royal jelly before, so I have no problems with it.

Yes, I'm taking George's AV for detoxification. It's great cos it tastes like water.

I tried using Manuka honey as a facual mask... but felt that it was too expensive and wasteful for it to be on my face than in my mouth. LOL. I love the taste!

SilentDance1350860697.3514863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

Yes, I did, and I replied. But the thread went down... alas...

I have taken royal jelly before, so I have no problems with it.

Yes, I'm taking George's AV for detoxification. It's great cos it tastes like water.

I tried using Manuka honey as a facual mask... but felt that it was too expensive and wasteful for it to be on my face than in my mouth. LOL. I love the taste!

I have to give you gals credit since I could never take that stuff. I would be the person in the lead on Survivor who would lose everything because I had to eat a bug or something. No, I couldn't do it even for one million dollars and I don't think I could drink aloe or digest bee jelly.

nunu4u1350860806.7238721 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

The ingredients interest me but the taste of the royal bee jelly gets very mixed reviews. Did you notice one person used it as a facemask? (iherb review)

The idea of bee jelly doesn't bother me..I do like honey!

SilentDance1350860929.59314863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 10/21/2012 nunu4u said:

The ingredients interest me but the taste of the royal bee jelly gets very mixed reviews. Did you notice one person used it as a facemask? (iherb review)

It's honey? I can eat honey. How about mixing it with some sugar for an exfoliate?

I'm headed to iherb to read reviews.

Merrylass1350861115.1773115 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

SilentDance, the George's Aloe Vera tastes EXACTLY like water -- honest! The royal jelly tastes varies a bit depending upon how much propolis is in the mix but it is reminiscent of some of the more exotic honey (instead of just clover honey that is usually in the grocery stores).

SilentDance1350861217.02714863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

SilentDance, the George's Aloe Vera tastes EXACTLY like water -- honest! The royal jelly tastes varies a bit depending upon how much propolis is in the mix but it is reminiscent of some of the more exotic honey (instead of just clover honey that is usually in the grocery stores).

I will probably pick up the Aloe vera next time in Costco. Does it have calories?

I read reviews of bee jelly but didn't see any that said using it as a mask as nunu stated. I was probably reading the wrong brand.

SilentDance1350861661.214863 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

I can't believe all the things they do with the Aloe.

Merrylass, someone says they use if for their cats. My cat evidently has some kind of stomach ailment, do you think I should give this a try?

PerriTwin1a1350862717.18383 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1

I will probably pick up the Aloe vera next time in Costco. Does it have calories?

I read reviews of bee jelly but didn't see any that said using it as a mask as nunu stated. I was probably reading the wrong brand.

U must make sure that it's George's brand. Other brands may have a taste... not sure good or bad...but I've heard that they can be bitter.

PerriTwin1a1350862900.9683 PostsRegistered 10/20/2012PerriTwin1
On 10/21/2012 nunu4u said:

It's honey? I can eat honey. How about mixing it with some sugar for an exfoliate?

I bought the one that's in honey. so, it tastes like honey to me. If it's only royal jelly and honey, it will taste more like honey... if more stuff is added, then it may be a bit different, but won't change that much. From what I read, those with ginseng added will taste a bit more different and many people didn't like. I like ginseng, so I'm fine with the taste of the tub I bought. I take it by the teaspoon and thus find it a little too sweet actually.

Merrylass1350863949.083115 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

I can't believe all the things they do with the Aloe.

Merrylass, someone says they use if for their cats. My cat evidently has some kind of stomach ailment, do you think I should give this a try?

There have been mixed reports about aloe vera juice and cats. A few studies used aloe vera juice (or gel) for cats with cancer so you could try and see how your cat reacts. Hope your cat feels better.

nunu4u1350865553.2638721 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

The royal jelly review was on the same brand Perri uses, and had the ginseng and eleuthro but no honey. I looked on iherb because they are close to me.

So we can't post links anymore? My newest supplement find is a site called Tibetan Natural Healing. A friend used their Sleep Assist formula and got a great result. What I like about the site is you don't take the pills forever. They correct an imbalance and then you stop taking the pill. Also money back guarantee. To keep my friend company I got the Longevity tonic.

Intern1350865890.01503 PostsRegistered 2/25/2012

Manuka and aspirin is a fantastic mask for all kinds of issues. Acne, exfoliation, pore tightening, etc. The honey is a natural antiseptic and humectant which balances out the aspirin wonderfully.

Merrylass1350866081.143115 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

nunu, does your friend experience any grogginess in the morning? I have chronic insomnia but I won't/can't take any of the OTC or prescriptions. The website looks interesting (tibetanherbs dot com) -- thanks for sharing!

nunu4u1350866402.8078721 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

Hi Intern...I like aspirin masks too.

Merrylass, she hasn't felt any side effects. She says it works quickly and feels it is balancing her system. Her overall problem is Hashimotos.

Page 1 of 103
1 2 3 4 ...103Next