Maxi Dresses
153 Members and 11243 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Page 6 of 15
Tina W1350157644.481828 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Hi Divas,

It was not a good time at the JCP. My stylist along with most of the AA stylists walked off the job at JCP last week. I decided keep my appointment today with a new stylist who is not AA. She is a latina that advised me that she had experience doing AA hair. I walked in and was surprised to see two other AA stylists. I was told by my new stylist that this was their last day. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I sat down in the chair. A few AA customers were wispering back and forth with the other two AA stylists during my relaxing process. I heard one of the customer say that she had it taken her camera out to show the manager. I am like show the manager what?? The manager came to me to see if I was ok and how the process was going with the relaxer. I was like ok. I was not aware of any issues. Later, I found out as the customer and store manager got into about something my stylist during the application process. She used her hands to get out more relaxer instead of getting a cup to get it out of the container. The customer went off stating this was nasty and not healthy. She also used some more choice words. I was so embarrassed and uncomfortable after this episode. I just wanted to go home. I just did not feel comfortable about the service after this point. I was praying to the Lord for my hair not to fall out. I just wished that I did not come. The new stylist asked me if I wanted to book another appointment. I declined as I need to see if I will have any damage to my hair. I am so tired of the struggling to find some one good and then have them up an leave the shop. What are you left with but chances with someone new? I paid $75 plus tip of $7. I hope and pray that my hair does not fall out. I wonder did she rinse all of the chemicals out and shampoo correctly to erase the relaxer residue. I am just stressed out now. I have a little stinging to the scalp after leaving the salon. It could be the stress from this episode or burning. Oh, PBJ, why is this journey so hard?????? I just want to cry. Too many years of this hair drama.

PBJ1350161536.656821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Oh, TinaW! That's horrible! What an uncomfortable situation. Listen to me-forget the money you've spent. If you have ANY concern those chemicals are left in, wash your hair with regular shampoo or neutralizing shampoo. A close friend of mine isn't sure, but she thinks the start of her scarring alopecia came from a rushed stylist not rinsing properly. Other things may have contributed but you never know. Not trying to overreact-it could just be a normal tingling sensation. Just don't want a bad situation to become worse.

When I was a lot younger, I had someone non AA apply my relaxer. It turned out ok (no hair loss) but she said she was a nervous wreck the entire time because a relaxer application had went horribly wrong when she was in beauty school (person lost all of their hair). That made me nervous. All of the book knowledge and training in the world can't replace a lifetime of personal experience and knowledge (hope that makes sense).

This is what I started doing with my stylist, braider and the lady that does my brows-getting their home number or some type of backup number in case they leave or change numbers. And I tell them to call me if something changes. Sad it even has to come to that but after getting a bad brow job from not being able to locate my regular person, I learned the hard way. Do you know your old stylists last name or is there a list of stylists on the website?

The thought of going natural almost had me in tears a few days ago. Don't get me wrong-I like being natural. But it has been a pretty carefree, healthy relaxed year (until 613 episode). Still shedding more than normal. And now it's back to putting product in my hair (can't stand product in my hair) and no more get up and go (unless braided). I was telling my sister "Am I going to be 50 or 60 years old, rockin' a puff?!" The journey is very hard, time and money consuming and extremely frustrating. I totally understand the frustration. Praying for you. Hang in there.

Last edited on 10/13/2012

Last edited on 10/13/2012

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBJ1350161807.1336821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

MsVirgo, that comb looks interesting. The reviews look good too. I wonder if hair can get caught up in the roller part?

Glad your relaxer retouch went well. You had a good stretch!

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina W1350162573.411828 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Oh, TinaW! That's horrible! What an uncomfortable situation. Listen to me-forget the money you've spent. If you have ANY concern those chemicals are left in, wash your hair with regular shampoo or neutralizing shampoo. A close friend of mine isn't sure, but she thinks the start of her scarring alopecia came from a rushed stylist not rinsing properly. Other things may have contributed but you never know. Not trying to overreact-it could just be a normal tingling sensation. Just don't want a bad situation to become worse.

When I was a lot younger, I had someone non AA apply my relaxer. It turned out ok (no hair loss) but she said she was a nervous wreck the entire time because a relaxer application had went horribly wrong when she was in beauty school (person lost all of their hair). That made me nervous. All of the book knowledge and training in the world can't replace a lifetime of personal experience and knowledge (hope that makes sense).

This is what I started doing with my stylist, braider and the lady that does my brows-getting their home number or some type of backup number in case they leave or change numbers. And I tell them to call me if something changes. Sad it even has to come to that but after getting a bad brow job from not being able to locate my regular person, I learned the hard way. Do you know your old stylists last name or is there a list of stylists on the website?

The thought of going natural almost had me in tears a few days ago. Don't get me wrong-I like being natural. But it has been a pretty carefree, healthy relaxed year (until 613 episode). Still shedding more than normal. And now it's back to putting product in my hair (can't stand product in my hair) and no more get up and go (unless braided). I was telling my sister "Am I going to be 50 or 60 years old, rockin' a puff?!" The journey is very hard, time and money consuming and extremely frustrating. I totally understand the frustration. Praying for you. Hang in there.

Last edited on 10/13/2012

Thanks so much. You always make feel better. She did rinse a very longtime afterwards. She shampoo throughly and follow-up with a leave in conditioner. I just think the ordeal was bit too much for me. She did mention that they stylists took their customers numbers so I hope that she does call me here soon. I rather go back to her. She was good and my only complaint was the over-booking but that also has to do with JCP more than her. I pray that it all works out. I love the carefree and easy maintenance of the relaxer. My struggles are too hard for me to go natural. I salute all the sisters than can take this road. I just know what works best for me at this moment.

PBJ1350164167.526821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 10/13/2012 Tina W said:
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Oh, TinaW! That's horrible! What an uncomfortable situation. Listen to me-forget the money you've spent. If you have ANY concern those chemicals are left in, wash your hair with regular shampoo or neutralizing shampoo. A close friend of mine isn't sure, but she thinks the start of her scarring alopecia came from a rushed stylist not rinsing properly. Other things may have contributed but you never know. Not trying to overreact-it could just be a normal tingling sensation. Just don't want a bad situation to become worse.

When I was a lot younger, I had someone non AA apply my relaxer. It turned out ok (no hair loss) but she said she was a nervous wreck the entire time because a relaxer application had went horribly wrong when she was in beauty school (person lost all of their hair). That made me nervous. All of the book knowledge and training in the world can't replace a lifetime of personal experience and knowledge (hope that makes sense).

This is what I started doing with my stylist, braider and the lady that does my brows-getting their home number or some type of backup number in case they leave or change numbers. And I tell them to call me if something changes. Sad it even has to come to that but after getting a bad brow job from not being able to locate my regular person, I learned the hard way. Do you know your old stylists last name or is there a list of stylists on the website?

The thought of going natural almost had me in tears a few days ago. Don't get me wrong-I like being natural. But it has been a pretty carefree, healthy relaxed year (until 613 episode). Still shedding more than normal. And now it's back to putting product in my hair (can't stand product in my hair) and no more get up and go (unless braided). I was telling my sister "Am I going to be 50 or 60 years old, rockin' a puff?!" The journey is very hard, time and money consuming and extremely frustrating. I totally understand the frustration. Praying for you. Hang in there.

Last edited on 10/13/2012

Thanks so much. You always make feel better. She did rinse a very longtime afterwards. She shampoo throughly and follow-up with a leave in conditioner. I just think the ordeal was bit too much for me. She did mention that they stylists took their customers numbers so I hope that she does call me here soon. I rather go back to her. She was good and my only complaint was the over-booking but that also has to do with JCP more than her. I pray that it all works out. I love the carefree and easy maintenance of the relaxer. My struggles are too hard for me to go natural. I salute all the sisters than can take this road. I just know what works best for me at this moment.


That's good. At least it seems like she rinsed well and seems like she was thorough. I'm sure she knows her stuff, but still. Scary trying anyone new when it comes to chemicals.

I was 4 1/2 yrs natural (that time) until I relaxed last Sept. I would have stayed natural if I had known I was only going to be relaxed a year. My hair has retained a lot of curl even with the relaxer. It was healthy up until 613. Now I'm afraid to put any chemicals in. I'm tempted to get a retouch but if I get a retouch and lose the amount of hair I lost in July and Aug, I'll have to shave it off. I won't have any left. That's why I'm forced into going natural. Afraid there may be some 613 lingering and cause more damage. As soon as I find a braider, I'm staying braided this time. But finding a braider has been difficult.

What do you do? I throw my hands up. I just don't like spending the mental energy on hair. It's so draining.

Can you find some reviews online of local salons? Maybe there is somewhere close to you that has good reviews.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Virgo1350167463.731415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

TinaW: I am so sorry about your experience at JCP with that stylist!! I would definitely try the advice PBJ gave you. Try googling salons in your area that cater to AA women. I know one day I was looking on line when you first moved to Northern VA and I seen reviews and salon websites. I would start going salon shopping and interviewing the salon like get up on a Saturday morning busy day of the week if you have time and just pop in and see how the styles are and what their techniques look like. Also oil your scalp and keep it moisturize. I would definitely your next wash just to be safe and preventive for your first rinse use a neutralizing shampoo and then the second rinse your normal stuff. It seems like all the JCP salons and stores are going through changes one of the employees told my mom that they got rid of a lot of people. And the salon AA stylist are going to other hair salon. I wouldn't go back. Try finding someone else. Keep us posted.

Ms Virgo1350167745.1431415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

MsVirgo, that comb looks interesting. The reviews look good too. I wonder if hair can get caught up in the roller part?

Glad your relaxer retouch went well. You had a good stretch!


Well my hair is neck length and I used it today with soak and wet hair with conditioner on and I had very minimum hair in the red roller part. I will keep you posted but so far I'm very impressed by it.

Yeah the relaxer went very well. I'm anxious to see what JBCO can do for my hair lol. I'm scared to used any oral hair growth products due to the biotin will wreck havoc on my acne prone skin and I can't have that so I rather used oil growth aids.

PBJ1350171013.1776821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 10/13/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

MsVirgo, that comb looks interesting. The reviews look good too. I wonder if hair can get caught up in the roller part?

Glad your relaxer retouch went well. You had a good stretch!


Well my hair is neck length and I used it today with soak and wet hair with conditioner on and I had very minimum hair in the red roller part. I will keep you posted but so far I'm very impressed by it.

Yeah the relaxer went very well. I'm anxious to see what JBCO can do for my hair lol. I'm scared to used any oral hair growth products due to the biotin will wreck havoc on my acne prone skin and I can't have that so I rather used oil growth aids.


I'm going to look at some videos of the comb. Seems like the reviewers that used it seemed impressed by it.

I haven't used my Biotin for a few weeks but I'm still using the NeoCell Collagen. I'm hesitant to give a review until I really know but it seems like my roots are growing in thicker, wavier and stronger. Seems like my hair may be growing slightly faster too based on the amount of new growth I have. Won't be able to really tell until I cut relaxedhair off. Nails are strong and growing very fast. I take the pills and the powder.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naleiarenee1350171449.291571 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011OhIo

Happy"DC Day" Divas !

TinaW- That's too bad ! How's your scalp feeling now,that its been a good few hours ?Feel around on your scalp to make sure its not oozing or scabbing up.No body gone love your hair like you do! I've had my share of inexperienced,lazy,don't give a d*** stylists and I don't plan on lettin no one in my hair no time soon.

PBJ-I think that its a good place to start ,online ! Keep asking around,too. If you happen to see someone with pretty hair or braids ,compliment her and get her stylist's #. You'll find someone.When I was in LA some years back ,prior to getting there I found a great braider through word of mouth and it started w/the concierge desk of the hotel !

MsVirgo- Those new tools sound nice,I'll have to check those out ! And that is a heck of a loooong stretch! I bet you could go 12 weeks !

I have toroughly cleansed ,conditioned, and DC'd my hair ! I used TT Wen and CA Remoist.My hair feels alot better.I'm now drip drying.

PBJ1350175540.216821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Naleiarenee-I like your description of stylists.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} True. I'm going to deep condition and continue moisturizing so when I get braids (prob Nov), I'll have a healthy start.

I'm having a hard time watching "Sweetie Pies" this season. I don't like the way Tim talks to Miss Robbie.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dattie1350182508.527452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.

TinaW, saying a prayer for your hair. Anyone watch the all day Philosophy shows? The Living Grace looks interesting. AG & BG are my favorites. I like the Wen TT. I have some oils but forget to use them.

Have a good week-end ladies.

Jennifer

Ms Virgo1350222420.711415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Naleiarenee-I like your description of stylists.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} True. I'm going to deep condition and continue moisturizing so when I get braids (prob Nov), I'll have a healthy start.

I'm having a hard time watching "Sweetie Pies" this season. I don't like the way Tim talks to Miss Robbie.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one having hard time watching Tim been a selfish S.O.B. For everything Miss Robbie done for him he is showing a lack of respect for his 72 year old mother. He's selfish he treat his mom and Jenae like c*r*a*p. How you going to be late to your premature son birthday party when he's turning 1 and your didn't even know that the baby was going to make it when she had the baby at 6 months. He put the restaurant before everything Miss Robbie, Jenae, and the baby. The people at the restaurant that he took over can run that place without him it's just the new people at the Upper Crust I would be worried about. But yeah he plucking my nerves this season. Lord forgive me he need to hit the gym and stop wearing them butt hugging jeans that is not cute. Poor Charles he's a lost case and the grandson Andre always making excuses for his bad behavior. I like the show but I do not like how Tim treat Miss Robbie!!! Ok that's enough for my soap box this morning lol!!

PBJ1350234273.7136821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 10/14/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Naleiarenee-I like your description of stylists.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} True. I'm going to deep condition and continue moisturizing so when I get braids (prob Nov), I'll have a healthy start.

I'm having a hard time watching "Sweetie Pies" this season. I don't like the way Tim talks to Miss Robbie.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one having hard time watching Tim been a selfish S.O.B. For everything Miss Robbie done for him he is showing a lack of respect for his 72 year old mother. He's selfish he treat his mom and Jenae like c*r*a*p. How you going to be late to your premature son birthday party when he's turning 1 and your didn't even know that the baby was going to make it when she had the baby at 6 months. He put the restaurant before everything Miss Robbie, Jenae, and the baby. The people at the restaurant that he took over can run that place without him it's just the new people at the Upper Crust I would be worried about. But yeah he plucking my nerves this season. Lord forgive me he need to hit the gym and stop wearing them butt hugging jeans that is not cute. Poor Charles he's a lost case and the grandson Andre always making excuses for his bad behavior. I like the show but I do not like how Tim treat Miss Robbie!!! Ok that's enough for my soap box this morning lol!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lord, forgive me too but let's discuss Tim for a minute. I tried to hold back. What a disrespectful, self-centered, immature jackazzzzz. He's acting like he started that restaurant. He is an employee of a restaurant his mother started. Why all of the competition between the two restaurants?! He's acting like he wants the new restaurant to fail! He treats his mom and Jenae like dirt. Showing up late for birthday parties and not even wanting to be there. I bet Jenae is wondering why she got involved with that clown. Honestly, I haven't noticed the tight jeans because I can't get past the tight tshirts. Can we say "moobs" (man boobs)?

I hadn't watched any episodes this season until last night when I watched a few. Tried earlier in the season but Tim disgusted me so much I couldn't watch.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Virgo1350240504.31415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 10/14/2012 PBJ said:
On 10/14/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Naleiarenee-I like your description of stylists.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} True. I'm going to deep condition and continue moisturizing so when I get braids (prob Nov), I'll have a healthy start.

I'm having a hard time watching "Sweetie Pies" this season. I don't like the way Tim talks to Miss Robbie.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one having hard time watching Tim been a selfish S.O.B. For everything Miss Robbie done for him he is showing a lack of respect for his 72 year old mother. He's selfish he treat his mom and Jenae like c*r*a*p. How you going to be late to your premature son birthday party when he's turning 1 and your didn't even know that the baby was going to make it when she had the baby at 6 months. He put the restaurant before everything Miss Robbie, Jenae, and the baby. The people at the restaurant that he took over can run that place without him it's just the new people at the Upper Crust I would be worried about. But yeah he plucking my nerves this season. Lord forgive me he need to hit the gym and stop wearing them butt hugging jeans that is not cute. Poor Charles he's a lost case and the grandson Andre always making excuses for his bad behavior. I like the show but I do not like how Tim treat Miss Robbie!!! Ok that's enough for my soap box this morning lol!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lord, forgive me too but let's discuss Tim for a minute. I tried to hold back. What a disrespectful, self-centered, immature jackazzzzz. He's acting like he started that restaurant. He is an employee of a restaurant his mother started. Why all of the competition between the two restaurants?! He's acting like he wants the new restaurant to fail! He treats his mom and Jenae like dirt. Showing up late for birthday parties and not even wanting to be there. I bet Jenae is wondering why she got involved with that clown. Honestly, I haven't noticed the tight jeans because I can't get past the tight tshirts. Can we say "moobs" (man boobs)?

I hadn't watched any episodes this season until last night when I watched a few. Tried earlier in the season but Tim disgusted me so much I couldn't watch.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Lol you are so right I forgot about his "Moobs" he a hot mess. I feel sorry for his fiance because it seems like to me he don't want to get marry and he letting his little fame go to his head. His mom started all of that by herself so he need to shut up and do what she tells him to do. I been watching it all season the repeats come on Saturday nights at 8pm and then the new episodes at 9pm. His hair cut is a hot mess!! Lol he wear tight shirt and pants!! Yeah I thought the same thing he want his mom dreams to crumble right in front of her eyes. He stole her new pots and pans and then he sent that friend of his to spy on his mom restaurant to see how the food taste and see how many people where there. Girl he's off the chain wishing bad luck on his mom like that and she was there for him when he got locked up for 10 years!! He needs to get a life and hit the treadmill.

PBJ1350241382.6836821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 10/14/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 10/14/2012 PBJ said:
On 10/14/2012 Ms Virgo said:
On 10/13/2012 PBJ said:

Naleiarenee-I like your description of stylists.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} True. I'm going to deep condition and continue moisturizing so when I get braids (prob Nov), I'll have a healthy start.

I'm having a hard time watching "Sweetie Pies" this season. I don't like the way Tim talks to Miss Robbie.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one having hard time watching Tim been a selfish S.O.B. For everything Miss Robbie done for him he is showing a lack of respect for his 72 year old mother. He's selfish he treat his mom and Jenae like c*r*a*p. How you going to be late to your premature son birthday party when he's turning 1 and your didn't even know that the baby was going to make it when she had the baby at 6 months. He put the restaurant before everything Miss Robbie, Jenae, and the baby. The people at the restaurant that he took over can run that place without him it's just the new people at the Upper Crust I would be worried about. But yeah he plucking my nerves this season. Lord forgive me he need to hit the gym and stop wearing them butt hugging jeans that is not cute. Poor Charles he's a lost case and the grandson Andre always making excuses for his bad behavior. I like the show but I do not like how Tim treat Miss Robbie!!! Ok that's enough for my soap box this morning lol!!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lord, forgive me too but let's discuss Tim for a minute. I tried to hold back. What a disrespectful, self-centered, immature jackazzzzz. He's acting like he started that restaurant. He is an employee of a restaurant his mother started. Why all of the competition between the two restaurants?! He's acting like he wants the new restaurant to fail! He treats his mom and Jenae like dirt. Showing up late for birthday parties and not even wanting to be there. I bet Jenae is wondering why she got involved with that clown. Honestly, I haven't noticed the tight jeans because I can't get past the tight tshirts. Can we say "moobs" (man boobs)?

I hadn't watched any episodes this season until last night when I watched a few. Tried earlier in the season but Tim disgusted me so much I couldn't watch.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Lol you are so right I forgot about his "Moobs" he a hot mess. I feel sorry for his fiance because it seems like to me he don't want to get marry and he letting his little fame go to his head. His mom started all of that by herself so he need to shut up and do what she tells him to do. I been watching it all season the repeats come on Saturday nights at 8pm and then the new episodes at 9pm. His hair cut is a hot mess!! Lol he wear tight shirt and pants!! Yeah I thought the same thing he want his mom dreams to crumble right in front of her eyes. He stole her new pots and pans and then he sent that friend of his to spy on his mom restaurant to see how the food taste and see how many people where there. Girl he's off the chain wishing bad luck on his mom like that and she was there for him when he got locked up for 10 years!! He needs to get a life and hit the treadmill.


Sick of men living in their "dream world". HE put his life on hold when HIS actions put him in prison. Now he's "dreaming" of being a rapper (yeah-right) or a boxer. Wake up call-sometimes dreams have to be put on hold when real life smacks you in the face-a baby, a fiancee, WORK. It's ok his mom has sacrificed and put her dreams on hold for many years or forever but he wants his dreams fulfilled now. If it wasn't for his mother, who would hire him? He should be grateful everyday of his life to have an opportunity like his mom has afforded him. Time to get out of fantasy land and accept that he has real life responsibilities.

I think Jenae is starting to wake up. He doesn't want to marry her. "Why buy the cow.............."-we know the rest.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina W1350249096.3331828 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009

Thanks so much for your prayers regarding my hair issues. I've been apply the Hydrathermal products to keep the moisture and protect against the breakage. I am going to hope and pray that I will be contacted by my original stylist. I will be leaving JCP salon alone for now. I don't think that I will be getting into Sweetie Pie or Basketball Wives this season. I just don't like Tim. He is so disrespectful to his mother and girlfriend. You all are right about his lack of interest in getting married. It just make my blood boil to watch him talk so rudely to his mother. I will sit this season out. Yes, the fame has gone to his head and that haircut is so tired. Today, I went to Kohl's with my son. He is out growing everything. He needed new clothes to wear for game day. I also had to purchase new shoes as someone stole his last week out of the locker. Really?? I found some Nikes for the gym. I needed some new ones as the old one were 3 years old. I don't change out althletic shoes like we are supposed to as I wear them too long. I did see some of the Philosophy shows but not interested as I used to be. I love and wear AG and PG but the products last so long. I don't need anything for a longtime. I've had the big bottle lotion for almost 1 1/2 and now just getting to the bottom. I think Korres and L'Octtaine have better deals than Philosophy on HSN and QVC. I love L'OC almond oil and verbana shower gel wash. Q is not getting my money lately. The insider for October purchases were the Genie bras and the scarves. I love these scarves from Lizden. I think the TSV is up here soon. I got the blue and green set. These are very soft and don't pull on the back of my hair. I hope everyone has a great week. I looks like the Insider is still not up.

Ms Virgo1350294020.31415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Good Morning Ladies!

Just to let you know the Roll-Ka is very good on Dry hair also I been using it on dry hair yesterday and today before I came to work and I only had 2 hairs in the comb. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I did a review on page 5.

PBJ1350338858.7836821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Hey everyone!

TinaW, that's a good idea to keep your hair hydrated. Just keep an eye on things. I'm sure it will be ok. I know it's stressful. Everytime I look at my hair since 613, I get disgusted. I'm disgusted that the only product that makes it soft and tangle-free (3 mths since retouch) is Pom. Feel trapped into using it. Definately getting a longer-lasting style next month, regardless of cost or time involved. Just going to deep condition until then.

I did some cleaning and organizing of my closet. My small walk in closet was becoming a lean in closet. I'm still planning on getting rid of some more clothing, shoes and purses. Trying not to buy anything this winter. Just need a couple of things-yoga pants and one or two basic items like that, but not much. Not buying any new skincare. Only restocking basics as needed. I have plenty. I have plenty of makeup. Only if something really, really tempts me, I may cave and only if it's at a great price. I really have enough skincare, lotions and makeup to last for years. I really have gotten it down to my basics and I don't need anymore. That will be money saved and not wasted. I have too much excess.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina W1350348621.1431828 PostsRegistered 4/2/2009
On 10/15/2012 PBJ said:

Hey everyone!

TinaW, that's a good idea to keep your hair hydrated. Just keep an eye on things. I'm sure it will be ok. I know it's stressful. Everytime I look at my hair since 613, I get disgusted. I'm disgusted that the only product that makes it soft and tangle-free (3 mths since retouch) is Pom. Feel trapped into using it. Definately getting a longer-lasting style next month, regardless of cost or time involved. Just going to deep condition until then.

I did some cleaning and organizing of my closet. My small walk in closet was becoming a lean in closet. I'm still planning on getting rid of some more clothing, shoes and purses. Trying not to buy anything this winter. Just need a couple of things-yoga pants and one or two basic items like that, but not much. Not buying any new skincare. Only restocking basics as needed. I have plenty. I have plenty of makeup. Only if something really, really tempts me, I may cave and only if it's at a great price. I really have enough skincare, lotions and makeup to last for years. I really have gotten it down to my basics and I don't need anymore. That will be money saved and not wasted. I have too much excess.


Thanks so much, PBJ.

PBJ1350349254.86821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

TinaW, I meant to tell you to hang in there. I understand though. These hair different experiences wear you down.

ETA-Did you say you already ordered tonight's TSV-a scarf? I'll go back and check.

Last edited on 10/15/2012

Last edited on 10/15/2012

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBJ1350349324.7936821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Watching Hoarders.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naleiarenee1350352332.8231571 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011OhIo

Hey ! How's everyone ?

Saturday's DC did a world of good {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}.I'll be giving myself a hot olive/JBCO/coconut oil treatment in a day or 2.I just know that this hair needs more tlc than ever right now and its more work,but....Ima do it! I'm having a hard time getting moisture into my hair lately.I decided to pick up a new conditioner based on my fave youtube guru's recommendation.Its actually a cosmetic base (so there's no fragrance).The site is www.ingredientstodiefor.com and I purchased the Organicals Deep conditioning Creme.People are raving about it so,I decided to try it ! I'll let you guys know once it arrives and I have a chance to try it.Seems to be a versatile product b/c it can be used for DC's,rinse out conditioning,cleansing conditioner,leave in conditioner ,and a styler !Very excited to get it !!!

TinaW- everything will eventually work out ! You're doing right by giving your hair extra moisture.

PBJ- I cringe every time you talk about the damage done by 613.I'm sorry honey.Just wondering if you've considered trying a different cowash or doing hot oil treatments ? I can tell you're very protein sensitive...watch out for them in everything that you use on your hair.

Ms Virgo1350378590.1331415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011

Well Ladies look like we will be spending some money because the ladies who already got there November TSV said there's a lot of good things in there!!! I had to throw away some make-up yesterday because I had them way passed the expiration dates!!!

Perlier will be on 10/16/2012 for Holiday Gifts: 6am, 1pm and 6pm.

10/17/2012 16th Anniversary/TS 12am, 1am, 8am, 10am, 11am, 3pm, 4pm, 9pm, 10pm.

I will watch the 6am show to see the sneak peak and report back lol!!!

Naleiarenee: Let us know the review when you used it. I'm loving my length and all the products I'm using on my hair I've been very strict with stick to my hair products and regimen it's working for me so need to buy new things to try because that's what got me in trouble the last time lol. I did add something ol school that I use to used when I was growing up and in the college days. I will tell your about that in December so far so good!!! I will be D/C on Friday have a fair appointment. Will pre-poo Thursday overnight with JBCO and Hydratherma Naturals growth oil.

rj1671350379967.323461 PostsRegistered 6/2/2006Illinois

Yes, I've started Christmas. I've been shopping online for 3 years. Well, it's because our children are adults so I buy one big family gift and gift certificates for the chidren that are out on their own.

I've noticed too makeup is being offered in shades for us. My concern is are they yellow based?

I have red undertones so yellow based makeup looks ashy on me. Anyone else have this issue and what makeup do you use? I have slightly oily skin.

Mineral makeup doesn't work for me.

"The time is always right to do what is right" - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ms Virgo1350380133.9431415 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011
On 10/16/2012 rj167 said:

Yes, I've started Christmas. I've been shopping online for 3 years. Well, it's because our children are adults so I buy one big family gift and gift certificates for the chidren that are out on their own.

I've noticed too makeup is being offered in shades for us. My concern is are they yellow based?

I have red undertones so yellow based makeup looks ashy on me. Anyone else have this issue and what makeup do you use? I have slightly oily skin.

Mineral makeup doesn't work for me.

Lol! I find that Tarte is too yellow for me. I used Bare Minerals Matte foundation and I have oily skin. So far so good I been using it since September.

Page 6 of 15