Guaranteed Delivery
123 Members and 18518 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

OT: Qvc Outlet Store in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Started 1349032048.383 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1349881931.97 by brunette8706

I am planning to go to this outlet in a couple of weeks. Has anyone ever been there? What is it like? Are there a lot of good bargains? What do they carry? TIA Maria

Page 1 of 2
Shelbelle1349032298.57735241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

First and foremost, Del is a tax free state, so it is always a plus to be shopping in a store where no taxes are added on. I found the store to be quite nice and well stocked last time I was there.

Boehm Coll­ecter1349032778.571505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

Thanks Shelbelle. Yes, not having to pay taxes is always nice. I've been to the Tanger outlets in Rehoboth Beach twice. The last time I was there we passed the QVC Outlet.. but we didn't have time to stop because we had to catch the ferry back to New Jersey. I had no idea it was there.

roxiegirl1349033039.09434 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009

I have been there before and found that if they are having a sale (a % off a category of merchandise), you can get a good buy. The last time I went it was a day with no specials and the prices weren't low enough for me to purchase anything. I advise you to call the store when it gets closer to your trip to see which day their next sale will begin. We went on a Wed., but their sale started that Friday (had I called I would have waited till Friday to go.)

Shelbelle1349033204.8135241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, click on QVC Retail Stores, it will give you the monthy pricing discount schedules for all the outlet stores.

Shelbelle1349033251.92335241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Did you take the Lewes Ferry from Cape May, we took it to Cape May from Del once, had a blast, fun day.

mayjak1349033747.323261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009

They have a decent variety of products, but be aware that a lot of the merchandise is stuff that has been returned. I've seen Birkenstocks with people's footprints on the footbed. I've seen sealed boxes with people's names and addresses clearly visible on the return label. The store is not large and is quite cluttered.

roxiegirl1349033924.72434 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009
On 9/30/2012 Shelbelle said:

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, click on QVC Retail Stores, it will give you the monthy pricing discount schedules for all the outlet stores.

Hi Shelbell! Thank you for letting us know where to check on the sale dates!

Boehm Coll­ecter1349097564.891505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007
On 9/30/2012 Shelbelle said:

Did you take the Lewes Ferry from Cape May, we took it to Cape May from Del once, had a blast, fun day.

Yes, Shelbelle..... we take the Lewes Ferry from Cape May. My sister-in-law's sister has a house in Avalon, New Jersey... which is only about 20-25 minutes away from Cape May. She lets us use the house twice a year. So the last two times we went to Avalon we took the ferry from Cape May to Lewes DE.

Catstamper1349099709.435964 PostsRegistered 1/28/2009Baltimore area

I've gotten some great deals there, but you do need to check to make sure that the merchandise is in good shape. Having said that, I once bought a blouse with a smudge on it, laundered it, and when the smudge didn't come out, was able to return it with no problems at all. If you read reviews here, often someone won't like something for the exact reason that you would like it. The Rehoboth store doesn't have a dressing room so I have been known to purchase something, go into one of the other stores and try it on so that I can take it back if necessary. Have fun! There are some great sales this month!

Cat
Fairly medium BE, brownish gold hair with weird white highlights (where did they come from???) green eyes, except when they're blue! In memory of my Jazzie Cat, who went to kitty heaven.

sunshine451349101321.2142841 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

absolutely love the rehoboth beach outlet store. i go several times a year. i went mid august and they had some great deals with extra percentages off. i usually get in trouble.Wink they have a decent selection of home items, lots of costume jewelry, gold and silver, qvc designer racks, shoes, and tons of handbags. make sure to examine your items closely for any defects. there are no cosmetics there, but they do sometimes have perfumes/scents. the last time i was there they had a small tova display.

if they are busy, they do hold you to ten minutes at the jewelry counter. they have a timer that they set when they call your number. the staff is very friendly there.

"Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Charles Dickens

Page Turner1349104269.25927 PostsRegistered 5/21/2007"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

If you're going to spend a lot of time at the jewelry counter plan to go during "off" times. Call first and ask when the slow times are and when they don't use the timer. Otherwise you'll either have to RUSH or you'll have to get in line many times.

Check everything to make sure it's acceptable to you. There are lots of returns, stained, broken, missing parts, etc., things there.

luvmypupz1349106593.6374991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I haven't been there for 6 months or so but usually I find something there. Not one of the nicest and neatest stores but they usually have alot.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

relaxer1349107122.81123 PostsRegistered 8/1/2009

If you have an option of when you go, Shelbell's suggestion is the way to go especially if you are interested in a particular category.

I find it to be hit or miss with anything that I really want and without an extra percent off the prices aren't that low. Of course no tax and no shipping help.

It is a good way to get a feel for the quality of some of the popular brands.

Keep your expectations low for finding something great and you will probably not be disappointed and is worth the time if you are in the area. I probably would not make a special trip there if the drive is more than an hour. Well... maybe the next time they have 50% (or more) on Dooney and Bourke. Still kicking myself for not buying a Dooney when they had a $99 sale.

sunshine451349108119.49742841 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i rarely have trouble finding ways to spend my money there.... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

i have found perfect items marked down to 10.00 (with the discounts) that are still on this website at full price at 5-10 times the amount that i paid. it is almost like a treasure hunt for me.

"Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Charles Dickens

Boehm Coll­ecter1349263559.5271505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

Thanks everyone. I am going on October 9th. I see that they are having special discounts that day for Columbus Day weekend. Thanks to you ladies I am going to carefully check any thing I want before purchasing. I am really looking forward to going.

paShar1349265939.591964 PostsRegistered 1/14/2006Western Pennsylvania
On 10/1/2012 Page Turner said:

If you're going to spend a lot of time at the jewelry counter plan to go during "off" times. Call first and ask when the slow times are and when they don't use the timer. Otherwise you'll either have to RUSH or you'll have to get in line many times.

Check everything to make sure it's acceptable to you. There are lots of returns, stained, broken, missing parts, etc., things there.

I haven't ever been to a QVC outlet store since there aren't any in this end of Pennsylvania, but did I understand you to mean that they use a timer on their customers? You can only shop for a certain length of time? That seems bizarre.

Shar

Shelbelle1349269578.4135241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/3/2012 paShar said:

I haven't ever been to a QVC outlet store since there aren't any in this end of Pennsylvania, but did I understand you to mean that they use a timer on their customers? You can only shop for a certain length of time? That seems bizarre.

Yes, on peak sale days and weekends, the Q outlets often make you take a number like at a bakery, and when they call your number, you have a certain time allotted to you with the clerk, after that if you are not finished, you have to take another number. This is how it works at the jewelry counter.

paShar1349440064.6571964 PostsRegistered 1/14/2006Western Pennsylvania
On 10/3/2012 Shelbelle said:
On 10/3/2012 paShar said:

Yes, on peak sale days and weekends, the Q outlets often make you take a number like at a bakery, and when they call your number, you have a certain time allotted to you with the clerk, after that if you are not finished, you have to take another number. This is how it works at the jewelry counter.

Well, guess I won't make it a point to visit an outlet store then. When I go shopping, I'm the one who decides where and for how long, not some corporation or store manager. Seems to me they're trying to create a demand for the products in the store that might not be there otherwise. "I'm sorry ma'am but you'll have to leave now and get in the back of that long line outside. Other people want to shop here too and we just can't have you taking up space."

Shar

Boehm Coll­ecter1349704660.551505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

I'm going tomorrow. I don't know whether I want to spend all that much time in the jewelry counter..... it all depends on how crowded it is and whether I have to take a number.

Can you at least take your time just looking at the jewelry without the help of a clerk?? Then if you want to purchase something wait till it's your turn???

luvmypupz1349706272.584991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I didn't know they had a time limit on how long someone could help you at the jewelry counter, have never run into a problem there. I usually look at everything first to see what I may be interested in and you can always take a number while you are looking. A couple of weeks ago I was in the Lancaster outlet and didn't even need a number since there was hardly anyone even looking at the jewelry.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

relaxer1349722004.14123 PostsRegistered 8/1/2009

If the jewelry counter wasn't crowded they didn't take numbers or invoke a time limit when I've been there.

If the counter is crowded you may be happy they invoke a 10 minute time limit because there are some people who are oblivious that others are waiting and they take their sweet time.

I scope the counters and decide what I want to see before my 10 minutes start. Of course if there are a lot of people it isn't always easy to see into the case because some people can be very inconsiderate of others and not move aside to let you look.

Ever been in TJ Max where they only show one item at a time to one person at a time and the customer goes from case to case to case...just putzing? Usually the worst offenders don't buy anything.. maybe it is a power thing.

Shelbelle1349727217.3935241 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/8/2012 Boehm Collecter said:

I'm going tomorrow. I don't know whether I want to spend all that much time in the jewelry counter..... it all depends on how crowded it is and whether I have to take a number.

Can you at least take your time just looking at the jewelry without the help of a clerk?? Then if you want to purchase something wait till it's your turn???

Yes,absolutely.

Boehm Coll­ecter1349783390.141505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

Thanks everyone. We are going to leave for the ferry in a few minutes. Can't wait to get to Delaware!!

Boehm Coll­ecter1349878226.6931505 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

Well, we went to the QVC outlet and ........... boy were we ever disappointed!! We did purchase two temp-tations sets at good prices. And I bought a nice 14k gold rope chain at 50% off the regular outlet price. But for the most part I would classify the things we saw as junk...... things that QVC could not sell. I was so interested in the Dooney & Bourke's; Tignanello's; and B. Makowski handbags. They did have some ...... but the styles and colors were horrible. I doubt I will be returning any time soon.

autumnfaire1349880043.3635020 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005

I went to the Rehobeth outlet only once, but have gone to the other outlets many times. If you go when there is no sale, the items are 10% off, the sales vary between 30-80%, depending on the product, so good deals are to be had. We have bought lots of cookware, dishes and jewelry throughout the years, and have returned almost nothing. Because I love jewelry, I am disappointed that they have really reduced the amount that they carry. When we asked the associate at the outlet why this was, she said that due to the high cost of gold and silver, the manufacturers want it back. Anyway, we love the outlets, hope you get some good deals. Don't forget to check the sales, they are listed on QVC.com, under 'Retail Stores'.

Page 1 of 2