New Holiday Decor
123 Members and 15335 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What happened to the 10 Minute Hair Colorings on the market??

Started 1348927942.84 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1350124812.52 by kcladyz

I was looking for the 10 minute hair coloring in the stores but could not find any. Are they off the market already? A friend of mine used it and liked it, another friend did not care for it. Are they gone already?

Page 1 of 1
Tori in KC1348928053.1831421 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009

I use Natural Instincts; it's a 10 minute haircolor; been using it forever and love it! It is a temporary color, so I have to redo every 6 weeks.

kcladyz1348928126.4574031 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

I see them everywhere at CVS, wallmart, walgreens! Clarol, Loreal and Garnier all has it. Perfect 10 is also a 10 minute color.

colliegirls1348928275.456491 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

No Perfect 10 at my Walmart or CVS, which others are 10 minutes that are permanent?

Riverside1348928828.6475436 PostsRegistered 4/23/2010

They're gone from my Rite-Aid too. I'll have to look around at some of these other places. I liked them.

Last edited on 9/29/2012

upNorth1348928906.1697 PostsRegistered 7/17/2008

I am still able to find Clairol Perfect 10 at Target. I have been using that since it came out, and I love it. Not just for the 10 minute aspect, but because it gives me better lasting color and hair condition that anything I used previously.

kcladyz1348928973.254031 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

Wow, here in kansas city its everyplace. You can try ordering off of drugstore.com. They have everthing. I use the semi-permanent in between my permanent colorings

upNorth1348928978.22697 PostsRegistered 7/17/2008

I just remembered that Ulta carries the Perfect 10, too.

Tori in KC1348929215.0731421 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009
On 9/29/2012 kcladyz said:

Wow, here in kansas city its everyplace. You can try ordering off of drugstore.com. They have everthing. I use the semi-permanent in between my permanent colorings

I live in Kansas City, too! Smile Yep, they are everywhere!!

colliegirls1348930368.186491 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

I think I have checked my Target but will check again. I did not think about Ulta! Thanks!!

vw vixen1348935994.8773477 PostsRegistered 9/4/2008Arizona
There was a L'oreal one, can't remember the name, that I loved! It covered perfectly and I loved the way it lasted. Then it seemed the stores I was buying it at started to carry less and less of the shades, now I never see it at all. Sad! I think stores only have room for so many brands/varieties and everyone seems to be all about the mousse color now. I have tried that mousse color twice and hated it! It's definitely not for me.

~Janet~

Hitchens' Razor ~ "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

feline fine1348959921.8633178 PostsRegistered 9/4/2012where Phillies fans rule

Just go online to get them; Amazon.com, drugstore.com, etc..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

NYC Susan1348960282.6534662 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007New York City and East Hampton, NY

I've been using Perfect Ten for awhile, and I love it. It's definitely harder to find now. It used to be at Walgreen's, Shop-Rite, Rite-Aid, etc, and now I can only find it at CVS.

I have called Clairol about this twice because Walgreen's keeps insisting that it's been discontinued. I was told by Clairol that it has not been discontinued and there are no plans to do so. But something is up because it's not easy to find in my area anymore and it used to be everywhere.

I have tried many brands, and Perfect Ten is by far my favorite. I stock up at CVS now because I don't want to use anything else. (It's available on Clairol's website, but I far prefer buying it in a store.) {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Smidget1349043767.2831664 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007Frozen Tundra

My Walgreens has Perfect 10. Guess it's hit or miss ~ Maybe your regional supplier decided not to continue carrying it?

I miss recess!

NYC Susan1349044356.9574662 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007New York City and East Hampton, NY
On 9/30/2012 Smidget said:

My Walgreens has Perfect 10. Guess it's hit or miss ~ Maybe your regional supplier decided not to continue carrying it?

I specifically asked if that was the case. Two store managers told me on two different occasions that it has definitely been discontinued. I told them that Clariol said that's not true, but they insisted it was.

I just got back from CVS, where they had a full supply - several boxes of every color. CVS is the only place I can rely on now, but I look everywhere I go. It's worth the hunt, though! I've never been happier with any other haircolor - not only the short wait time, but I love the way it doesn't smell (!) and I'm happy with the grey coverage and pretty much everything about it. {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

4doggies1349046016.833501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'm glad it works so well for you. I read a while ago that the 10 min. colors don't cover gray for long, and if you use a very dark shade they tend to have a dull purplish or greenish tint, that's why I've always avoided them. Our stores have many 10 minute colors, but if you can't find it, check the men's haircolor. I believe 'Just for Men' is a 10 minute color, but the amount might not be enough unless you have really short hair. I might have to look at these again since you have been happy with it. Do you use a dark color?

NYC Susan1349049905.8074662 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007New York City and East Hampton, NY
On 9/30/2012 4doggies said:

I'm glad it works so well for you. I read a while ago that the 10 min. colors don't cover gray for long, and if you use a very dark shade they tend to have a dull purplish or greenish tint, that's why I've always avoided them. Our stores have many 10 minute colors, but if you can't find it, check the men's haircolor. I believe 'Just for Men' is a 10 minute color, but the amount might not be enough unless you have really short hair. I might have to look at these again since you have been happy with it. Do you use a dark color?

The color I use is Dark Blonde. I've been using Perfect Ten for awhile and I really do love it. I had my hair colored professionally (and very expensively!) for years. Then I was in a car accident, couldn't get to the salon for a very long time, and started to do it at home myself. I mostly used L'Oreal Preference or Excellence back then and was pretty happy. Nothing beats Perfect Ten, IMO, though. It goes on easily and the 10 minutes fly by. It covers grey as well as my high-priced salon and lasts just as long, if not longer. It costs a little more than other haircolors, but I think it's SO worth it. I have a lot of grey, btw - Not that I've seen it for years!!

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in any other 10-minute colors. I've never looked for any others because the 10-minute aspect is not what's most important to me. I like Perfect Ten for many other reasons and I far prefer to stick with that - as long as I can find it! (I never heard the purplish/greenish tint thing before. I guess the only way each person can know is to try it for themselves.) {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Desi1349050698.93714121 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007Ma

I love it too. and last year I ordered from Amazon because I couldn't find it anymore. I noticed CVS marked down a few shades that were left for very cheap (not my shade) and saw some yesterday at a dollar store (again, blond shades). I have seen it in a couple of stores since then. I thought it was discontinued too, but hopefully Clairol was just changing packaging or tweaking the formula or who knows what.

Desi

Sunshine K­ate1349050871.22312233 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

They're everywhere here. I love the 10 minute wait, just don't have time to wait any longer. {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

Respectfully ~
Kate

SiameezeLo­ver!1349051747.4131830 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

Amazon has it with subscribe and save - I haven't tried it - wouldn't know what color to get it - I haven't colored my hair before - I have brown hair was told I had an light to medium ash brown hair. I had my hair highlighted over a year ago. I have fair skin and blue/gray eyes - any suggestions?

Is this a semi-permanent hair color? Wondering if a semi- permanent hair color would be better to try and then bump it up to permanent. I'm beginning to see about 10 strangler grey hairs - but I'm 54 after all. Lucky I guess I take after my Dad. Poor Mom was totally grey by the time she was 40 and she hated it.

I hope I can find the ingredients to this hair color because I can't have wheat germ or wheat products in the hair color.

Anyone try Herbatint?

shoekitty1349056786.04712865 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

I have noticed that all the hair coloring selections have slimmed down the last 2 years. I do my hair red red. 3RR, or even 2RR. Most all true reds have disappeared from the drugstore coloring lines. There are deep auburn, and bright reds that are to be applied over natural dark hair. When I talked to Clairol, and LOreal about this, the CS basically said the they are slimming the lines down. Clairol eliminated Hydrience, and bulked up the Balsam line.etc Do you think less people home color their hair these days?

I did discover a new product by Matrix. It is ammonia free, semi-permanent, and used with 10%. I get it at the beauty supply (for professionals), it is called Gloss Sync. It is amazing. It gives even color from roots to ends, covers gray without banding, and is made for compromised hair. It has a conditioning gloss . I have long hair, and I made a batch with 2 tubes. I had a little left over. I highly recommend this product.

Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

baby burns1349057729.2578793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

reds will fade very fast, nothing you can do about that, also with the ten minute ones, they probably did not come up that fast, some colors need more time to get to th e color you want. DO NOT use the mens colors on your hair, for a whole head of hair!! if you are a first timer, doing your hair at home, i would say, pick a brand, and then call the number on the back, and see what they recomend for you, not everyone is succusful with the ten minute colors.

cassiem1349094748.76831 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 9/30/2012 4doggies said:

I get way more compliments on my Perfect 10 hair color than I did when I had it professionally done. Even fooled a high end colorist who couldn't believe it was a home color job! Looks so natural and easy to use. I use medium blonde. (My natural color is dark blonde, the grays come out looking like highlights.)

smhr1349096062.333822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

I recently bought a 10 minute coloring kit. I hope the 10 minute kits don't get discontinued, they are my favorite for fast touch-ups.

feline fine1350101707.6273178 PostsRegistered 9/4/2012where Phillies fans rule
On 9/30/2012 SiameezeLover! said:

Amazon has it with subscribe and save - I haven't tried it - wouldn't know what color to get it - I haven't colored my hair before - I have brown hair was told I had an light to medium ash brown hair. I had my hair highlighted over a year ago. I have fair skin and blue/gray eyes - any suggestions?

Is this a semi-permanent hair color? Wondering if a semi- permanent hair color would be better to try and then bump it up to permanent. I'm beginning to see about 10 strangler grey hairs - but I'm 54 after all. Lucky I guess I take after my Dad. Poor Mom was totally grey by the time she was 40 and she hated it.

I hope I can find the ingredients to this hair color because I can't have wheat germ or wheat products in the hair color.

Anyone try Herbatint?

Lucky you with that stunning coloring, that just so happensto be perfect for a medium, rich auburn-brown. Wow, it will pop both the blue and the gray in your eyes!

And you can find the ingredients lists by Googling them, or going right to the brand's website. 8-)

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

kcladyz1350124812.474031 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

I see them everywhere in all brands.

Page 1 of 1