Maxi Dresses
60 Members and 9632 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

OT, QVC outlet in Lancaster, PA.

Started 1345857074.737 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1345956467.257 by queendiva

I always go the QVC outlet when I go to Lancaster about once a year. Yesterday I was there and have to say that they did redo the store and it looks alot nicer inside. It used to be called the "yard sale" and boy did it look the part, a big mess, but to their credit they really cleaned it up. However it was still overpriced and to me, as I have always thought, looks like for the most part returns. I was looking at some maxi dresses that would have been dirt cheap since there was a 60% off sale on an already reduced price. But the further I inspected them, most looked wrinkled and more than a couple had "hair" on them. One of them had a ton of what looked like cat hair all over it. I left empty handed to say the least. Even the jewelry in the back didn't entice me. I remember quite a few years ago leaving with a ton of jewelry, not anymore.

I wonder what the other QVC outlets are like, anybody out there know?

Page 1 of 1
Shelbelle1345904236.72332859 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Rehoboth is a standout to me, mainly since it is a totally tax free store. I have heard from two who visited there recently, one was thrilled, got gold hewelry, JR jackets, the other got nothing and said basically what you just said.

cassiem1345905602.0036534 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I've been to the Frazer, PA outlet several times, though not for about two years. I also got the impression that many of the items were returns. I had to look the clothing over carefully and always found something wrong - a hole, a stain, size incorrect (an XS with a tag marked XL). A friend of mine bought a mirror that was taped up in a box and when she got it home, the wooden frame was severely dented and cracked. She wished she'd taken it out of the box to inspect it before driving 100 miles home. I'm sure there are jewels among the thorns, but you certainly have to look hard to find them!

superpearl1345906111.053245 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007

I live in Lancaster so I visit the outlet often. While the new store looks great, kind of like a little department store. Things are presented well, but the quantity of merchandise is limited. I always head right to the jewelry department and while they used to display maybe 50 silver cuffs, there were only about 15 in the display case. On a busy weekend when there are tons of people in there, I think it will be a disaster. I guess its the old case of "style over substance". I just don't think it's going to be as much fun anymore. Maybe it's because the place is new and they are trying to make it look nice, but I was really surpised at the lack of merchandise.......ps. They did have a great selection of Dooney's, however...

Shelbelle1345907970.4532859 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I sure hope they improved on the fitting room situation in Lancaster. there was only one , and it was always filthy, dust balls up to your knees!!!

Shopping G­aGa1345914919.403341 PostsRegistered 2/10/2010

Rehoboth is my absolute favorite. We are there twice a year and I visit the store daily when I am there. I NEVER leave empty handed. Love it. I have purchased kitchen items, clothing, Birkenstocks, and home decor. Wonderful!!!!

I have been to Lancaster several times and it was like a dirty trash market. I never found anything that even interested me. I am glad to read it was redone.

I was at Frazier once and the store was lovely. I was not in the buying mood that day.

winamac11345915066.74728951 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Frazer was remodeled and is better , but it still has , I believe, one dressing room. I have been there at least a dozen times. I've been to Lancasater at least 6 times. They are BOTH hit or miss.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

deja vu1345915805.186048 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast

I was in the one at Myrtle Beach last week, it has looked nice and clean for last 3 years I've gone to it.

I also go to one in Alamance County in NC. It's always clean and never run into anything that looked used.

I do know they closed the one in Myrtle beach several yrs ago before moving it to one of the outlet malls...I was told it was a true mess way before they closed it.

I assumed the returns end up somewhere though....

~ life is short~pick your battles ~

dsky1345940047.1031007 PostsRegistered 1/3/2009

I just wanted to thank all you lovely ladies for taking the time and filling me in on the other QVC outlets. I am sure that the next time I go to Lancaster I will take a peek in there to see whats up. It's kind of funny, without all the creative lighting, the host's enthusiasm, quantity updates, it all just seems like nothing I would want. lol{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

baby burns1345946827.778793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

dsky, you are write, nothing you would want there!!!

ibb381345954121.6611377 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I was at Prices Corner Del, Frazer and Lancaster last week! I found a couple nice 3 season basics at Prices Corner- and while Frazer was neat and organized there wasn't much that interested me.

I got to Lancaster several hours after their grand re opening; the store was still very organized but you could tell a lot had been sold that day. I was looking for items to really call my name- & no impulse purchases! A pair of Ross Simons limon quartz earrings did it for me!

queendiva1345956467.2573208 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

I was in town from NJ yesterday and hit the Frazer store. Since the renovation, prices are way up and the selection is down. I hate that the Dooneys are jammed into a small, locked display case that is way too small. The jewelry is junk. No one was buying. I got some beautiful 14k & gemstone pieces back in the day.

Yesterday I picked up 2 items- a pair of black ponte knit jeans and a pair of black Clark's Unstructured sandals. I have done best in the shoe dept. on my last few trips. Always 50% off the outlet price, which now is just a few dollars less than their On Air price.

Two of my best ever finds were a Kitchenaid professional series stand mixer in gloss cinnamon and a Keurig platinum series, both at great prices. No deals like that any more.

Page 1 of 1