Just-Reduced Clearance
31 Members and 14429 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Did anyone see Lisa Mason infomercial?

Started 1335014996.033 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1343835028.61 by Desertdi

I was flipping channels and infomercial super smile was on and hosted by Lisa Mason.

Wonder if she will be back on the q selling his products.

So nice to see her back. I always did love her.

Page 1 of 2
olewoman1335015170.642100 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008only my friends

liked Lisa and Patti.

Last edited on 4/21/2012

Last edited on 4/21/2012

anitagayle1335015196.41290 PostsRegistered 5/20/2009

I'll have to watch for it. Thanks

formerly agbern

book1335015446.7753 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007

Did not mean my post as negative toward Lisa Mason. I was happy to see her and if she turns out to be the spokesperson good for her. Hours could be much better for her. Did not mean to imply this was a step down for her.

stevieb1335015614.69327308 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I liked Lisa, and compared to some of the hosts would like to see her back. Patty, well, not so much. But I suspect Lisa'a more laid back style didn't compute well with the new (and awful) QVC overkill approach, which is anything but subtle.

LexPex1335015679.3131709 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009GO PATS

Thanks, book, I'll watch for it. I loved Lisa Mason. She is a hoot

BTW..I did not take your post as negative...

formerly "elvis" with 2,000 + posts

Zcat1335015893.42636 PostsRegistered 2/3/2010Florida
On 4/21/2012 stevieb said:

I liked Lisa, and compared to some of the hosts would like to see her back. Patty, well, not so much. But I suspect Lisa'a more laid back style didn't compute well with the new (and awful) QVC overkill approach, which is anything but subtle.

I agree. Things have changed for the worse, IMO. I don't watch the Q at all anymore. I look around online occasionally for kits, but I can find better prices elsewhere (and free shipping).

stevieb1335016295.5127308 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 4/21/2012 Zcat said:
On 4/21/2012 stevieb said:

I liked Lisa, and compared to some of the hosts would like to see her back. Patty, well, not so much. But I suspect Lisa'a more laid back style didn't compute well with the new (and awful) QVC overkill approach, which is anything but subtle.

I agree. Things have changed for the worse, IMO. I don't watch the Q at all anymore. I look around online occasionally for kits, but I can find better prices elsewhere (and free shipping).

It really is a shame. I used to enjoy watching QVC or having it on in the background, but now, more times than not, unless it's something I really want to see and is being presented by one of the increasingly few hosts I can tolerate, I just end up turning it off...

KatCat11335031095.79316524 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

No, I did not see it, but Lisa was one sweet lady. I can't keep up with all the new women hosts anymore on the Q.

jujubeoh1335031846.5531062 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007

I loved Lisa too. I miss her and her style. Some of the newer hoses, IMHO, are a little too "over the top" for me.

I don't know if it's just me, but I use to feel like the hosts were kind of like friends. Now I feel like they're what they are.... sales people really pushing their products.

deja vu1335032284.5336137 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast

Thanks for posting, I did check out her website a few times after she left, I'll keep an look out for her.

I'm up all hours of the night so I should run across it at some point !!

deja vu

~ life is short~pick your battles ~

tucka1335032998.2572856 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009

Lisa was good friends with that Dr who was on the Q selling the whitner that he invented ,was it Dr. smiley? He was an older man and his granddaughter would help him sometimes,maybe this is a comercial for his product. Tucka.Smile

brewhaha1335035537.35740323 PostsRegistered 1/14/2007Sitting in front of my computer

She's following in the footsteps of Kathy & Judy.

"I don't want clever conversation. I never want to work that hard."
Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are

KatCat11335045467.53316524 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 4/21/2012 jujubeoh said:

I loved Lisa too. I miss her and her style. Some of the newer hoses, IMHO, are a little too "over the top" for me.

I don't know if it's just me, but I use to feel like the hosts were kind of like friends. Now I feel like they're what they are.... sales people really pushing their products.


You are so right. Hopefully, it's not their fault but Q's direction which is not a good one.

Sunshine K­ate1335045836.55311987 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I thought LM left the Q for a TV anchor job. That's what I either heard her say or read somewhere.

Anyway, I haven't seen the infomercial, but will watch for it. I hated to see her leave the Q. She was one of the Q's best hosts.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Macamania1335052099.2672798 PostsRegistered 9/22/2008
Lisa was always my favorite host and once she left I pretty much quit watching QVC. Loved her personality and made each show fun to watch! Most of the hosts now (except for Shawnie Sue) are just totally boring!

AIS7141335054754.313501 PostsRegistered 1/20/2005

I haven't seen the one with Lisa but I did see one with Bob Bowersox for some kitchen gadget. If I remember correctly Bob was just the "host" and not the spokesperson/pitchman. If Lisa was the "host" of the infomercial then she more than likely isn't any kind of spokesperson for it.

jpie1335056343.761770 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007
On 4/21/2012 tucka said:

Lisa was good friends with that Dr who was on the Q selling the whitner that he invented ,was it Dr. smiley? He was an older man and his granddaughter would help him sometimes,maybe this is a comercial for his product. Tucka.Smile


Dr. Irwin Smigle/Smigel. That system works! My hygenist asked what I was using because my teeth were the whitest on the shade chart.

I miss Lisa on the Q and wish her the best!

baby burns1335060391.988793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

she left, to finish writing her book, and spend more time with her husban. they have a couple business's. she is neighbors with laura geller! i think she was ready to go, had been here a long time, and now that she is married, its time they work toghter and see more of each other.

rondell1335061840.8313373 PostsRegistered 12/17/2009USA

I miss Lisa. She is so pretty, and not pushy at all. She really knew her stuff inside and out when it came to jewelry. I really miss her being here.

leelee1335068332.063602 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006

me too....

HopeReigns1335070287.5773517 PostsRegistered 5/4/2007

Is it my imagination or did I hear someone or even Lisa herself say she has Lupus? Somewhere in my feeble memory that comes up. Did I dream it Ladies?

Hope, >^.^<

"

TX-starlig­ht1335083488.3434461 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010
On 4/21/2012 HopeReigns said:

Is it my imagination or did I hear someone or even Lisa herself say she has Lupus? Somewhere in my feeble memory that comes up. Did I dream it Ladies?


Yes, Lisa shared that info with viewers. She hardly touched on it though. I do remember her saying it,but not making an issue of it. Lisa is SO gracious, just love her!!

WillEscape­CAsoon1335087005.643092 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009
On 4/21/2012 stevieb said:
On 4/21/2012 Zcat said:
On 4/21/2012 stevieb said:

I liked Lisa, and compared to some of the hosts would like to see her back. Patty, well, not so much. But I suspect Lisa'a more laid back style didn't compute well with the new (and awful) QVC overkill approach, which is anything but subtle.

I agree. Things have changed for the worse, IMO. I don't watch the Q at all anymore. I look around online occasionally for kits, but I can find better prices elsewhere (and free shipping).

It really is a shame. I used to enjoy watching QVC or having it on in the background, but now, more times than not, unless it's something I really want to see and is being presented by one of the increasingly few hosts I can tolerate, I just end up turning it off...

So true. Hi Five to you both~ I use other websites to by the same stuff most times cheaper with little or no shipping and handling. Pushy hosts are horrendous!

bunky6031335089237.87310105 PostsRegistered 2/11/2012

You didn't mention what channel it was on or what time of day or night ? I would like to look for it. Also, what part of the country do you live in ? It may be in a different time zone or a station that I could not get.

It would be helpful if the OP would include this information, or anyone who has such knowledge.

Thanks so much for any help anyone could give me concerning this information.

Blessings. Smile




~~~~Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ~~~~

Lucky Charm1335101283.15767 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

Didn't Lisa Mason write a book and divulge that she didn't know where the lupus stories started, but she didn't suffer from it? Pretty sure I read that here. She may have said it on air.

She reminds me of an early Paula Deen. Syrupy sweet talker. Could put me to sleep.

Life's a beach!

Page 1 of 2