Just-Reduced Clearance
142 Members and 11387 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

+ 60's ladies....Chat

Started 1331487474.077 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1359687019.383 by Spammom372

Here is a new thread for ladies 60 and beyond to chat about fashion, make up, food and whatever is on your mind. It's also a way to meet new and old friends to chat about everything. Welcome.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...
Buck- forever in my heart...

Page 65 of 65
Bobbisue1359216781.64313505 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010
On 1/26/2013 Firefly2 said:

Hey ladies.....check in!

Bobbisue....Let us know you are doing okay!.......We are locked in with the weather right now!

Stay safe everyone!

Hi Firefly, I'm doing OK. Just waiting for warm weather to come. I hate winter. I'm always cold. Have a good day and thanks for posting with us.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...

lovestotea­ch1359217119.8514108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, firefly! Hi, Bobbisue!

Sorry you are locked in with weather. Did you know that when I lived in Indiana... I have to admit... it wasn't very sunny and I did not do well with lack of sunshine... neither did my indoor plants!

It is chilly here and pretty much lack of sunshine... no snow/wind/rain tho!

Wishing everyone a very pleasant Saturday!

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

Spammom3721359254213.981048 PostsRegistered 6/11/2010Pittsburgh, PA

Hello, Friends!

I just wrote a nice note to all of you. I pressed the wrong button, and...it was gone!! So, here i go again.....

It is still cold, and snowy here. I did not make it for my blood work yesterday. With all the steps I have to do, I would never make it. So, I cancelled. I will go for blood work after I see the doctor on Thursday. Her office is next to the lab. Of course, she will not be happy that she doesn't have the results of my blood work. I have really been suffering with this cellulitis....it is very painful. I am hoping she will be able to do something, or send me to someone who knows what to do!

Bobbisue - How have you been feeling? Will you get your oxygen this week? My DH really suffers in cold weather. We are having our "moving" steps installed on Thursday, so going on the steps should be easier for him. (And me) Take care, and try to stay indoors when it is cold outside!

Lovestoteach - Our schools have all had 3 hour delays all week..... no cancellations, though. DIL still loves her teaching.....always has stories to tell. The kids love her, and she has even baby-sat for two of them from church. DS and her want to get a house so badly, but they both have student loans to pay............Take care!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Take care!!

Bobbisue1359296438.1813505 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

Spammom, my oxygen came last week. I'm using it now. Sorry you're still suffering from your knee. Hope it gets better soon. Say hello to your DH.

Loves, hello to you.

Have a great day today.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...

lovestotea­ch1359305071.7614108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi!

Bobbisue... I'm so glad that you got your in-home oxygen! You needed it, for heaven's sakes, in order to stay well!

Spammom... really nice to be getting that moving chair... too "iffy" trying negotiate steps. Speaking of that, why in the world would a lab require people to go up and down all of those steps? They should be on ground level with a ramp, so people wouldn't need to risk falling or trying to make it up and down them, especially in that weather!

Waving to all -- got my hair done yesterday... the 'poo she used last time was free of anything that would cause redness or i t c h i n g. She told me I could buy it at Sally's, but I think it was the wrong type. She used it yesterday and today it's uncomfortable. I feel like if I'm going to pay that much, it is nice to get a while out of the hair-do!

Stay warm!

lovestotea­ch1359329234.02314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

surrey1359329778.87156 PostsRegistered 8/21/2008

Hi Girls..this is such a great idea. There are somethings that the younger girls don't get yet. but they will. One of my problems is the dark circles under my eyes. They seem to get deeper with age. I've tried everything and nothing really helps as much as I'd like. Another problem that I hope someone can address is some kind of finishing powder for my neck and chest. My son's getting married and I need something to smooth my skin for the gown I'm wearing. Keep talking ladies...

Spammom3721359344016.741048 PostsRegistered 6/11/2010Pittsburgh, PA

Happy Sunday!!

Bobbisue - I am so happy to hear that you got your oxygen. DH always says that the oxygen doesn't ""make COPD better", but it sure does help with the breathing. Now, you can use it when you have to go up and down your steps. Is your home all on one floor? We can hardly wait for Thursday to come to check out the "stair mover"! My dad has one, and DH rode on his....I just hope I am not afraid, although our steps are not very steep. Take care...and keep warm.

lovestoteach - The steps I have to go down are outside our home...not at the lab. The lab is on one floor. The "stair" mover we are getting is for our basement steps. I know its confusing, and I am sure I made matters worse for you to understand!! I really, really, need a haircut too! My beautician is a friend, and said she will come to my home to give me a "doo". I'd like a "color" too, but at this point, a haircut would be heavenly. I haven't had a cut and color since the middle of September!!! I am going to call her next week.

surrey - Welcome!! You are going to meet some wonderful friends in this forum. They are very special ladies. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you with your questions, but there are a lot of ladies that will be able to help you. My son got married last June. I ordered all my makeup from QVC....ended up giving it to my nieces, and used "Cover Girl" like I always do!! Tell me about your gown...long, or short? What color? I am so excited for you!! Enjoy everything leading up to and including the wedding...it comes, and goes so fast! (I made all the cookies for the wedding) Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday night, and hope you all have a good week!

Bobbisue1359372525.39313505 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010
On 1/27/2013 surrey said:

Hi Girls..this is such a great idea. There are somethings that the younger girls don't get yet. but they will. One of my problems is the dark circles under my eyes. They seem to get deeper with age. I've tried everything and nothing really helps as much as I'd like. Another problem that I hope someone can address is some kind of finishing powder for my neck and chest. My son's getting married and I need something to smooth my skin for the gown I'm wearing. Keep talking ladies...

surrey, Welcome to the thread. I hope you come back and share with us. About the wedding....how nice. tell us all about it and the gown you're wearing. Isn't it so exciting?

About the make up...I have dark circles too. Had them all my life. Here are a few suggestions for you: I have used Mally under eye brightner. It's a yellow cream and a little goes a long way. Look for Mally under eye brightner. Pick the shade that will work for you. I use the med. Also, Dalton Conceal-It Concealer. I use med in this as well. Also, for your face and neck, I use Tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage foundation. I really like this I use med. It covers nicely. You may like it. Hope this helps and please come back and let us get to know you. Welcome.

Spammom, Call the lady that does your hair and get that cut. It will make you feel so much better. A cut and style make me feel like a new woman. I had my hair cut last week. It is a cute short style. The oxygen has helped. I live in a two story house. I hate climbing the stairs. I'm making potato soup and cornbread today. It is 33* and raining turning to ice. I am staying in today.

Loves, love the picture. About your shampoo: Don't let her use that next time. Did you get it cut too? I'm sure it looks good. I got mine cut in a wash and go style and it's cute. Needs cut every month. My hair grows fast.

Nana, we miss you here. Maybe you can offer some suggestions to surrey about make up.

Everyone have a nice day today and stay safe.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...

lovestotea­ch1359412979.41714108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Waving a big "hi" to everybody!

DD says there was an ice storm this morning in Pittsburgh! And DD & DSIL are having a Superbowl party! Leave it to DD to invite LOTS OF PEOPLE! She giggled and said she hadn't thought they all would come! Ha Ha! LOL!{#emotions_dlg.lol} FUN!

Spammom... I understand now about the steps... but still, wouldn't the medical community try to schedule things together so you wouldn't be so put out? I mean, this is a serious issue! (LOL...as if you don't know THAT already!) The stair mover sounds great in order to be able to go to the basement... I might be a bit nervous about riding on it at first, too! How heavenly that your hairdresser will come to you! THAT'S WONDERFUL!

surrey... Hi, and welcome! The Tarte foundation I used to brush onto the backs of hands and it really covered nicely. Didn't notice any rub-off either. However, there is a Stila illuminizer called "Kitten" that I am LOVING! I don't know if it IS a color... on me it's almost beige, and I think a hostess had it on her chest while demonstrating jewelry on shopNBC. Hadn't thought of using it there, but wouldn't mind just putting it everywhere I could reach! LOL

Don't know what I'd do without the ladies here... there have been many times during the last three years that these ladies have helped me "keep going!"

Bobbisue... sounds like your hair-do is cute! I purchased some shampoo from her (it was expensive, and I hope it's good). She said it would give lots of body (by Pureology) -- this "clarifying" one has no wheat germ in it. The ingredients looked very natural, etc. (no sulfates -- she said it would lather, but not that much) I really love my Pantene clarifying (with sulfate) but it strips the color very fast -- however, my hair feels so CLEAN after using it! Well, giving this new one a try!

Waving "hi" to Nana, shorelady and anybody I missed! Wishing you a pleasant evening!

Bobbisue1359416542.25313505 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

Loves, we love you too!

Bobbisue-Former nurse...

Bobbisue1359543854.7613505 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

Remember ladies the new thread will start Friday.

Bobbisue-Former nurse...

lovestotea­ch1359590490.68314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, ladies!

Here's what I learned at my "Why Try" training today. (Many of you already know these things). List of human needs:

1) Love/acceptance

2) Significance -- Columbine murderers were not liked by the other students. The speaker today said their thought process was: "OK, if you don't like or accept me, I will make sure you think I'm significant."

I had never thought of this as being the reason before; at least, not quite like this. Does anybody else feel "ignored" sometimes in our world? I often feel that these "micro-inequities" are rampant in society... people ignore each other too much. It's not healthy... a kind act might help with some of this... like letting another person go first at a stoplight!

Spammom... love that your DDIL has cute stories about her kids... !

Hi, Bobbiesue! Feel better!

lovestotea­ch1359632076.38314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

REMEMBER -- FIND THE NEW FEBRUARY THREAD, WHICH BOBBISUE STARTED YESTERDAY!!!

Spammom3721359687019.271048 PostsRegistered 6/11/2010Pittsburgh, PA

I'll see you all on Bobbisue's new thread!!!

Page 65 of 65