Boot Boutique
131 Members and 12435 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

NewBeauty TestTube

Started 1330157758.287 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1330330627.453 by soccergirl4life

Hi all,

So I'm thinking of joining the NewBeauty TestTube but wondered what some of you think of it. Is it worth the money each time or are there some kits that are duds? How much is the shipping on it? And are the products mainly skincare items or also makeup? I'm solely interested in skincare products.

Be the person your pet thinks you are.

Page 1 of 1
thrifty1330159139.223107 PostsRegistered 5/3/2005New Orleans, westbank

Depending on what is in the kit and what you already have is what will help you decide if it's worth it. This last kit had a trial size of Exfolikate. Enough to last for 4-6 times so that made it worth it for me. The kits are a mix of things. The last 3 kits had wen products, 2 had Dr P. products, mally and tarte full size eye liners, some LG full size eye shadow/liners, bath/body lotion sets ( perfect for a weekend get away). The cost was about $34. I think I will try the kit that you can order from the test tube site. The kits from their site have about the same number of products (around 10 per kit) but the products are from many high end spas or stores, were as the test tube sold at the Q only has things in them that can be bought at the Q. If you only want skincare and at a size that would last about 10 days or more than you probably will not be happy.

betteb1330165626.98716227 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz
On 2/25/2012 thrifty said:

Depending on what is in the kit and what you already have is what will help you decide if it's worth it. This last kit had a trial size of Exfolikate. Enough to last for 4-6 times so that made it worth it for me. The kits are a mix of things. The last 3 kits had wen products, 2 had Dr P. products, mally and tarte full size eye liners, some LG full size eye shadow/liners, bath/body lotion sets ( perfect for a weekend get away). The cost was about $34. I think I will try the kit that you can order from the test tube site. The kits from their site have about the same number of products (around 10 per kit) but the products are from many high end spas or stores, were as the test tube sold at the Q only has things in them that can be bought at the Q. If you only want skincare and at a size that would last about 10 days or more than you probably will not be happy.

thrifty, the one Tube I got direct from New Beauty did not contain a lot of high end products. It had a lot of drugstore products in it. I think I got December maybe, and cancelled that one right away. I was very disappointed. I do not want to try drugstore products that way.

I love the Q's version and am on AD for it.

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;" Wordsworth

Smidget1330169521.1131664 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007Frozen Tundra

I don't think the Q version is available right now. Hopefully they'll bring it back soon ~

I miss recess!

bamafan1330186866.743395 PostsRegistered 4/22/2008United States

I cancelled my Beauty Tube from New Beauty, too. The last couple were very disappointing. I ordered the Q version and like it much better.

CWS221330298038.083529 PostsRegistered 11/28/2011

Can anyone tell me if the NewBeauty TestTube delivers in that pink box or is that box put inside a plain shipping box? I know the items themselves are in a tube but I'm just curious if the whole thing actually ships in the pink box that says "test tube" on it. I'd rather not have items arrive in flashy boxes that tell everyone what's inside.

Be the person your pet thinks you are.

smileshann­on1330299965.3431804 PostsRegistered 3/20/2007
On 2/26/2012 CWS22 said:

Can anyone tell me if the NewBeauty TestTube delivers in that pink box or is that box put inside a plain shipping box? I know the items themselves are in a tube but I'm just curious if the whole thing actually ships in the pink box that says "test tube" on it. I'd rather not have items arrive in flashy boxes that tell everyone what's inside.

I get mine from the Q and it comes in a pink box. I would assume the one from New Beauty comes in a pink box too.

darcy31330300179.751150 PostsRegistered 1/8/2008

I think its worth money. I have loved the opportunity to try some products I probably wouldnt buy outright. I am now hooked on Algenist and Ole Henrickson truth serum, and first aid hand cream!!! I also really liked the tarte eyeliner and the mally mascara! For 30 bucks you get to try so much. I like the test tube!

willdob31330300906.8410433 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

Mostly, no, it is not worth it, IMO.

I got one BTT from QVC & liked most of the things in it so I went on A-D. I was disappointed in the first one & canceled the next. A lot of similar items each time, some I just don't want, like Philosophy products.

Some skin care, some hair care, some make-up. If you'd like to try most of the things listed it is a nice way to try them.

Last edited on 2/26/2012

Last edited on 2/26/2012

croemer1330305223.6974518 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

I have membership from here and the NewBeauty website, I would recommend the one from the Q over the NB website. I think it is worth the price...no question. I have really enjoyed all the goodies.

"Well Bless Your Pea Pickin' Heart."

OneHotNana1330307484.8172084 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007Sweet Home Alabama

I've really enjoyed the ones I've gotten so far.

baby burns1330314576.038793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i used to be with the original new beauty, they use to give you alot, and good things! i stopped about five years ago, gosh now it sounds cheap, thats a shame it used to be good. i bought the last one from q, some of my friends and sister were here when it came, and took most of it! i did not care, next time, i will tell them iam not home!!!

soccergirl­4life1330330627.19791 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011
On 2/26/2012 smileshannon said:
On 2/26/2012 CWS22 said:

I get mine from the Q and it comes in a pink box. I would assume the one from New Beauty comes in a pink box too.

so far both tube sets I received from qvc came in the round tube and yes both times they were shipped in the pink boxes. I was happy I got home before hubby did...lol He knows the pink boxes mean more makeup or beauty kits...lol I do love sampling the products however, I was hoping for the sample color eyeshadow from laura geller that I saw on the qvc website item descriptions, but I received a brown color...just not my luck. for the second tube, I received an eyeliner color in navy which made me happy cuz I figured I would receive brown and I do not use brown eyeliner. I really enjoy trying out the various samples and anticipate the auto delivery to see what will arrive next.

Page 1 of 1