Meant for Mom(SM)
152 Members and 11152 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Hi I'm beauty junkie,thread killer!!

Started 1321917519.143 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1398349695.53 by Argyll

I apparently am very good at killing threads so if you need any stopped just tell me where to post.LOL

The Rainbow Bridge-we do not remember days,we remember moments!!

Page 144 of 144
beastielove1397652250.8278637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away
On 4/15/2014 Desertdi said:

Holy creepin' full moon...........my nerves are still on edge. 3 a.m. this morning, someone was ringing my doorbell and banging on the front door yelling that he was homeless and needed help "finding an address". I live in a pretty remote area (although within the city limits).......and nobody could get out here on foot at that hour. The bars close at 2 here......and I assume it was somebody who just got "lost"..........

Di..

What a frightening and terrifying ordeal! I'm so glad that you got through it unharmed.

Did you call the police to report this while this was going on?

You state that you live in a remote area but are there any houses close to yours? I'm assuming that you didn't hear a car drive away after the banging on your front door stopped which makes you believe that this creep was walking.

--------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Desertdi1397656551.35714761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 4/16/2014 beastielove said:
On 4/15/2014 Desertdi said:

Holy creepin' full moon...........my nerves are still on edge. 3 a.m. this morning, someone was ringing my doorbell and banging on the front door yelling that he was homeless and needed help "finding an address". I live in a pretty remote area (although within the city limits).......and nobody could get out here on foot at that hour. The bars close at 2 here......and I assume it was somebody who just got "lost"..........

Di..

What a frightening and terrifying ordeal! I'm so glad that you got through it unharmed.

Did you call the police to report this while this was going on?

You state that you live in a remote area but are there any houses close to yours? I'm assuming that you didn't hear a car drive away after the banging on your front door stopped which makes you believe that this creep was walking.

--------------------------------------------------------

There are houses close by........but it's a small cluster of houses on one semi-circle road that exits on a main highway. There is nothing within walking distance, and public transportation doesn't run overnight here. It takes the police a half hour to 45 minutes to respond in this area........so I didn't call. Everything was fine last night......but I admit I was scared to get in the shower (!)......and I did NOT go out to observe the full moon, either.

Desertdi1397675111.5714761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Oh NO.....the full moon has caused me to slip into senility. Just bought a pair of rimless "aviator" suns with blue-violet gradient lenses..........definitely 70's (the DECADE, not my age!!!!!) OK.....maybe both.

beastielove1397737234.9178637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away

Purrs-Day Morning Greetings!

Wishing all of you totally fab-booKiss (as we say in New Yawk) ladies a most glorious day today!

beauty.. Praying that your eyes are healing and that you're feeling much better.

------------------------------------------------------

LoopyLoo1397767966.542026 PostsRegistered 7/30/2011

Hahaha! Shua Beastie---I know fab-boo!! We goils have our own unique gestures too--how about the Bronx cheer--or the Jersey salute?! But I digress--have a fab-boo day all!

Received my order of roses--joy of joys--O harbinger of spring! Could hardly wait to open the box. Rats! The leaves are covered with black spot and powdery white (mildew?) I feel like Charlie Brown on a bad day!{#emotions_dlg.sad} Oh well--it's not a catastrophe--certainly a first world problem! I'm holding out hope for the arriving blue snapdragons!

Take care and be well TKKs{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Desertdi1397839836.96714761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

I bought a Revlon light brown eyebrow pencil at Big Lots yesterday. Just tried it......and it's a really good shade for me. I have tried all the "one color for everybody" ones.....and no matter how lightly I put it on......it always comes out too dark. This specific color Revlon one is just right.

Desertdi1397856776.3414761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Went back to get a couple more packages of that Revlon eyebrow pencil. Stopped in Walgreens for allergy stuff and saw the "Freida Pinto" nail polish. I did not know it was an actress........and thought it was some kind of Mexican slang for "fried beans"......... Pretty color.......(for beans)

Desertdi1397908623.0614761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Anybody watch AM Beauty? I ordered the pony tail wrap......only a different item # that comes in "frosted". Gotta run to Walmart early this morning to get an "emergency chicken"(!)

beastielove1397998843.7578637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away
On 4/18/2014 Desertdi said:

Went back to get a couple more packages of that Revlon eyebrow pencil. Stopped in Walgreens for allergy stuff and saw the "Freida Pinto" nail polish. I did not know it was an actress........and thought it was some kind of Mexican slang for "fried beans"......... Pretty color.......(for beans){#emotions_dlg.blink}

Di..

I'm laughing so hard right now that it's making it difficult for me to type this!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

beastielove1397999029.3678637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away

Easter Sunday Greetings

Wishing all of you a very peaceful and blessed day today and hoping that the Easter Bunny brought you lots of yummy chocolate treats and Peeps.Smile

If not, all of the Easter candy will be 2 for $1.00 at the Dollar Trees stores tomorrow!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Desertdi1398052845.91314761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Somebody posted a pic of Kris Jenner's legs on the fashion forum. Thank heavens.........NOW I don't feel so bad................

Desertdi1398079447.4814761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Nancy H just said "Turquoise is the friendly stone....and more people come up and talk to you if you wear it".............gotta be one of the strangest things I've ever heard. (And I have literally POUNDS of the stuff.)

90's here today........and I am definitely going sleeveless and wearing shorts. I guess I'm getting OLD and MEAN.........'cause I don't care if anybody is "offended". I really don't understand all the talk about "proper coverage"........... I think "skin tight" is 10 times worse. There....I said it (!)

Desertdi1398110772.3114761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Always on the prowl for a great bargain........I just found a bottle of Korres vanilla guava shower gel at Ross......for $2.49. Always wanted to try it!

beastielove1398172109.078637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away

Tuesday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of you a very pleasant day today.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

beauty.. Hoping that you're feeling much better today and that the pain has abated.

------------------------------------------------------

Desertdi1398172456.56314761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Happy Earth Day! We haven't heard from BJ in a while.......hope everything is going OK.

beauty jun­kie1398226954.718092 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006Ft Laud

Hi everyone.Its been a while.Seems like its slowing down here though.I have had a rough time between the eyes and my orencia treatment but doing better now.

Desert you are quite the little shopper and you do score some nice buys.I rarely get a deal.I love Korres products,there body lotions are amazing.

The Rainbow Bridge-we do not remember days,we remember moments!!

beastielove1398251081.188637 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away

beauty..

So glad that you're feeling better. I know that at times it's difficult for you to post here because of your eyes but please know that even when you can't join us on your thread you're always in our thoughts and hearts.Smile

Wishing everyone a most wonderful day!

Desertdi1398346892.7914761 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Been watching the "24 Hour Beauty"..........I think I've seen most of it already........then Skinn starting at 9 tonight. I don't need anything.........(famous last words).

Argyll1398349695.411221 PostsRegistered 7/31/2011
Hi all! Been doing maintenance around here,mostly on the old TP with check-ups,etc. So far,he's fine. Rainy and chilly here but the landscape is getting GREEN--hooray! Orangey is a semi-regular for meals and looks healthier each day. My little lion... Love to all TKKs xoxoxo

Page 144 of 144