153 Members and 11700 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Hi I'm beauty junkie,thread killer!!

Started 1321917519.143 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1424110516.403 by Argyll

I apparently am very good at killing threads so if you need any stopped just tell me where to post.LOL

The Rainbow Bridge-we do not remember days,we remember moments!!

Page 162 of 162
beauty jun­kie1423542528.7038617 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006Ft Laud

Hey Argyll long time no see. I think Silver Lining has a great idea,Among Friends is where to do a new thread. They never get mean over there as i know theres a thread thats been going on there as long as this one and they get no grief. The beauty one and viewpoints seems to draw out the witches,couldn't say what I wanted,lol.

LooPY1423665903.372376 PostsRegistered 7/30/2011

Hi Girls!! I'm sorry I've been AWOL, but there's been a lot going on. bj!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you!!!! You are a sight for sore eyes!!! But I'm so very sorry that you've been enduring such painful health problems. You are and have always been our fearless leader. My heart aches for you, and it is my fondest wish that you feel a lot better soon. If laughter is the best medicine, we will all do our best with our happy little fizzy party here, to help you buoy up your spirits and heal.

di--I actually once did what you were suggesting, with a pair of tights. It was somewhere between my hippie (yeah, right!) and my disco periods. I decided it would be swell not to have to choose between red and green, stop and go, the far reaches of the color wheel. Color blocking at it's best--yeah man!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

On to more pressing matters. I'm with you di--we may be in the minority, but I agree, why should we slink off into the sunset to spend our golden years (on the Q board) shrouded in obscurity under a new name? I say, funk that! As we say in Joisey--fuggedaboutit! It will not make one piffle of difference to the complainers. Really, with all that is going on in the world, and for some of us, in our own backyards--that this is even a blip on someone's radar screen, borders on obscenity. Now I would NEVER be so crass as to say-- Aaah, give 'em the Jersey salute!, or even--Aaah, give 'em the Bronx cheer!{#emotions_dlg.devil2} but really these people need a reality check, a healthy dose of perspective. In the overall scheme of the universe, how important is this really? I'm a rebel rouser--I protest--I'm revolting!!! Maybe they're jealous because we laugh, have a good time and have fun. Anyone who is nice and plays well with others, is always welcome in our happy home. But we don't do drama here. There's enough of that out in the real world.

I'm so proud of myself, because after writing this whole shebang, I inadvertently hit something on the keyboard--the entire thing disappeared and I had to reconstruct it all--from memory!!! Pretty good for someone who has been known to misplace the phone, only to find it in the refrigerator--ya think?!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Take care and be well kids! Lots of love and a heapin' helpin' of hugs! (((((((((())))))))))

ETA--Oops--I did forget some things! (Well what can you expect from someone who chills Ma Bell?!!!)

Last edited on 2/11/2015

...still loopy after all these years....

beauty jun­kie1423800750.0778617 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006Ft Laud

Loopy,so good to see you. I see that they are still commenting on this thread and it bothers me.I think its time to start a new one. It seems people are really sick of seeing it and it has been years.

Silver Lining had a good idea,Among Friends is a much better forum for this type of thread.

Desertdi1423802720.4217213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Hmmmmmm........I dunno. As of late, most of the comments on the "bashing" thread have been in our favor..........

Silver Lin­ing1423812018.313817 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
I like this group. We mind our own business on this thread. BJ, does your name being in the title bother you? The b u t t I n s ki got it wrong AND missed the point. I only mentioned Among Friends because you and Argyll might want us to make a change. I'm happy here, just like the people on the other long-running threads like their group. I'm flexible but I don't see the need to bend in this case but, of course, whatever ...................

Desertdi1423837009.1417213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 2/13/2015 Silver Lining said: I' m referring to the whims of some whiney crank.

I wonder if some of the posters have misunderstood the title, and mistakenly think we intentionally sabotage threads??????

Argyll1423843681.731290 PostsRegistered 7/31/2011

Hi friends-

Di,you have a keen sense of Human Nature; there are always those who misinterpret,some because of ignorance,some because it revs their engine to find fault. The other factor is the very nature of our sweet and silly thread: we are having FUN and being pals and,who knows,maybe there are way too many people on these threads that weren't part of a girl gang of friends or worse,were shunned so that now,they take out their old grievances on gals like us and all the other good folks on other threads who have shared stories.

So my new thought is inspired by all of you brave babes who stand their ground: let's stay right here BUT maybe change the title? ( WE know where all the past and historic brilliant TKK entries would be available,if we wanted to browse through Our Herstory...) Just a thought and yes,I would be pleased just as much to say Hey,I'm talkin' here!! and stay right where we are--So There!

Meowy love from Lola et moi

Silver Lin­ing1423857126.2133817 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 2/13/2015 Argyll said:

Hi friends-

Di,you have a keen sense of Human Nature; there are always those who misinterpret,some because of ignorance,some because it revs their engine to find fault. The other factor is the very nature of our sweet and silly thread: we are having FUN and being pals and,who knows,maybe there are way too many people on these threads that weren't part of a girl gang of friends or worse,were shunned so that now,they take out their old grievances on gals like us and all the other good folks on other threads who have shared stories.

So my new thought is inspired by all of you brave babes who stand their ground: let's stay right here BUT maybe change the title? ( WE know where all the past and historic brilliant TKK entries would be available,if we wanted to browse through Our Herstory...) Just a thought and yes,I would be pleased just as much to say Hey,I'm talkin' here!! and stay right where we are--So There!

I agree with all of the above. We'll see. I'll hang with the group no matter what.

Silver Lin­ing1423857357.3833817 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 2/13/2015 Desertdi said:
On 2/13/2015 Silver Lining said: I' m referring to the whims of some whiney crank.

I wonder if some of the posters have misunderstood the title, and mistakenly think we intentionally sabotage threads??????

HA! True! I don't do it on purpose. I'm just garlic to vampires.

Desertdi1423864198.20717213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 2/13/2015 Silver Lining said:
On 2/13/2015 Desertdi said:

HA! True! I don't do it on purpose. I'm just garlic to vampires.

Silver Lining..........I'm pretty sure you must also have a silver dagger......!!!!!! di

Desertdi1423864454.4417213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Princess Furbottom to Lola: Hi cousin kitty! Since every Fri the 13th is my birthday, I just want to tell you that this one is "special"...........cause it's been 13 years since I waltzed into this house and charmed the old dame with my dazzling green eyes. Oh yeah.....she bought me my very own rotisserie chicken for my party tonight!

LooPY1423875985.422376 PostsRegistered 7/30/2011

Hi friends-

Argyll!!!! It's brilliant!! That could be our new thread--'Hey, I'm Talkin' Here!' But I'll defer to all my TKK sisters--I'm on board with whatever you want to do--wherever we hang our hats, so to speak, is home.

...still loopy after all these years....

Desertdi1423886992.64717213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 2/13/2015 LoopyLoo said:

Hi friends-

Argyll!!!! It's brilliant!! That could be our new thread--'Hey, I'm Talkin' Here!' But I'll defer to all my TKK sisters--I'm on board with whatever you want to do--wherever we hang our hats, so to speak, is home.

Sounds good to me, too! di

beauty jun­kie1423893784.3938617 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006Ft Laud

I think the new title is brilliant. Silver lining is right,seeing my name in the title is bothering me cause the ones complaining mention my name and I rather they didn't.

Argyll thats a brilliant title,truly clever.

Desertdi1423921933.3317213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Argyll....since the OP no longer wishes to continue this thread, it's time to acquiesce.......and since your idea of a new title has everyone's favor, would you do the honor of renewing our little "fun fest"? Di

Love Roses1423942810.711637 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007

Hi All You Gorgeous Gals

Haven't posted for a while. Hey, who's giving us a hard time? I know I post on Viewpoints and get slammed quite a bit but I manage to kill a good number of threads or ..........add some spice to the pot. Among Friends is very docile and if that is where you feel safe in posting, it would be where you won't get the flack.

I got a blender for Valentines Day - I wanted one so that is my romantic gift from my hubby. I suffer hot flashes now that I had my hysterectomy and I have some melasma. I will get the melasma treated and removed and I will have to get a prescription to control the sweats. Been busy with the death of a relative and doing this n that. I think I see a light at the end of the road with that ordeal.

We don't go out on Valentines Day evening. We go out the night before or after - too many amateurs and just too many people out to celebrate or acknowledge the day.

Keep as lovely as I found all of you and continue to do in those threads. XO

Never Forget - The Native American Indian Holocausts!

Desertdi1423952108.49717213 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

beastielove1424039032.629677 PostsRegistered 8/11/2008Another galaxy, far, far away

Greetings To All..

Haven't been here in at least a week and just got caught up with all of the drama regarding this thread and the heinous Trolls who clearly have no lives and are bashing this thread as well as the beloved Pancake thread...which by the way I have been posting on ever since it's inception and will continue to do so! The OP stopped posting there about 2 years ago but the rest of us "Pancakers" who have become friends are keeping it going.

I totally understand beauty's request to change the name of this thread to whatever name is decided upon. If you want to put it on another board I'd like to suggest the Pet Lovers board (it's under For The Home).

Last year someone had asked if we would mind if she moved a thread about The Young & The Restless soap opera to the Pet Lover's board (as they were getting unfairly bashed by these id*ot Trolls on another board...I forget which one). We said No Problem! and they've been there ever since.

Wishing everyone a peaceful remainder of the day.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Argyll1424110516.961290 PostsRegistered 7/31/2011
On 2/14/2015 Desertdi said:

Argyll....since the OP no longer wishes to continue this thread, it's time to acquiesce.......and since your idea of a new title has everyone's favor, would you do the honor of renewing our little "fun fest"? Di

I am honored to be asked by the Lady Di of the Desert,our desert flower of wit,and also,to ease the mind of our dear founder Beauty Junkie.

So if we are all ok with the new name,same gang I shall start it now,here in Beauty Banter under the title "Hey,I'm Talkin' Here!"

love to all TKKs and fur friends and a big smooch to Princess Furbottom from Lola and me-

xoxo see ya'

Page 162 of 162