Maxi Dresses
139 Members and 9988 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What product works best in fading freckles and dark spots?

Started 1313846422.303 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1314205129.997 by librarianjen

{#emotions_dlg.crying} I haven't had any luck with the new Clinique clinical dark spot corrector or DDF's fade gel.Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2
CPie1313847313.321022 PostsRegistered 11/22/2009NY

Hi Janie88. This summer I got a burn on my cheeks, and then a BIG brown spot popped up shortly after. I accidentally stumbled onto a face wash that seemed to turn over the skin and speed up the de-browning process. Initially I purchased it to help with an acne flare up on my forehead. This company offers samples if you contact them (email, phone, Facebook).

I alternated (Am and Pm) with Mario Badescu Acne Face Wash (contains salicylic acid) and Glycolic Cleanser.

http://www.mariobadescu.com/acne-facial-cleanser

http://www.mariobadescu.com/glycolic-foaming-cleanser

Then at night I used Perricone Concentrated Restorative Treatment. This helped to heal, soothe and further lighten the spot.

http://blog.perriconemd.com/perricone-md-concentrated-restorative-treatment/

I am happy to say that the spot is now gone. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I hope this helps.

Cpie
Sensitive skin that is oily/combo and breakout prone.

MotorCity ­Chick1313847395.281812 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

Mario Badescu has a whitening mask that is pretty nice for freckles and dark spots!

CPie1313847465.0731022 PostsRegistered 11/22/2009NY
On 8/20/2011 originalln said:

Mario Badescu has a whitening mask that is pretty nice for freckles and dark spots!

I haven't tried but would love to hear reviews. http://www.mariobadescu.com/whitening-mask

Cpie
Sensitive skin that is oily/combo and breakout prone.

TooManyCats1313855819.1672694 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009
I wish I could help but I've tried lots of things, including prescription hydroquinone, and nothing has gotten rid of a dark spot I've had on my jawline for about two years. I'm trying microdermabrasion now. I also have some spots on my hands that haven't responded to anything.

Coke Zero ­Addict1313856092.3371360 PostsRegistered 8/10/2010
On 8/20/2011 CPie said:

I haven't tried but would love to hear reviews. http://www.mariobadescu.com/whitening-mask

I tried this and like it just as a mask it didn't do anything for the brown spot on my cheek. I have just started with the spot lightner from Alpha Hydrox, so I'll see how that goes.

“We've placed a lot of emphasis in this country on the idea of people's rights. That's how it should be, but it makes no sense to talk about rights without also talking about responsibilities.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

sharlee1313857812.09846 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

I had heard good things about Garnier's Dark Spot Corrector, so I bought this yesterday. I'll report back in a month and let you know if it works. It was only $13.99 at Target, so if it does nothing, I won't feel too bad.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Vamp1313857931.87311151 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007

Janie, how long have you been using the Clinique? I just purchased it not too long ago but was told by the sales associate that you have to use it daily for 1-2 months before you will see a significant difference. I have been using for a couple of weeks & have noticed nothing, so hopefully it will kick in...because it ain't cheap!!

Let us know if you find something that works.

newwyn1313859211.403349 PostsRegistered 8/20/2011
I am a newbie. Just want to say hi and pass on a tip about spots. Several women I know (me too) use wart remover on spots. Just dad a bit on the spots at night. It stings a bit. Leave it on overnight. Next day wash gently to remove the white residue. After a couple days it scabs over. Sorry, but it only lasts as few days. When the scab goes a away so does the spot. It may take a time or two. I have been using this for three years, no problems. This is not a medical use,' just us, girls. I am in my 60s. Stubborn spots may take more than one time. Never had a scar from this.

MotorCity ­Chick1313860874.4731812 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan
On 8/20/2011 CPie said:

I love it, I dont have really dark areas, but did have some areas that had slight darkening and it works excellent for me!

Last edited on 8/20/2011

Last edited on 8/20/2011

Kindleread­er1313869382.4849 PostsRegistered 4/1/2011
Nadinola Fade Cream. It's about $6 a jar in the ethnic hair care section at Walmart. It's 3% hydroquinone-largest % you can get OTC. It's a thick white cream. I dab it on my 2 sunspots w/a q-tip. It has worked very well at fading them. I saw results in about a week.

MarieIG1313869458.9833341 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007
On 8/20/2011 Coke Zero Addict said:
On 8/20/2011 CPie said:

I tried this and like it just as a mask it didn't do anything for the brown spot on my cheek. I have just started with the spot lightner from Alpha Hydrox, so I'll see how that goes.

I have been using the Alpha Hydrox for about 8 weeks. There has been some fading of discoloration. I also use retin A, so don't know if it's the combo.

MarieIG

Wife; mother of six (one military); three cats, and one dog. I enjoy reading about beauty, jewelry, fashion, and wellness.

ladyroxanne1313869993.14310974 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca
On 8/20/2011 Kindlereader said: Nadinola Fade Cream. It's about $6 a jar in the ethnic hair care section at Walmart. It's 3% hydroquinone-largest % you can get OTC. It's a thick white cream. I dab it on my 2 sunspots w/a q-tip. It has worked very well at fading them. I saw results in about a week.

i have that and used it also.

ladyroxanne1313870044.59710974 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca

i also am using obagi clear with retin a and that is clearing up a couple spots that i had.

Karenk1313882031.5731660 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

I also purchased the Garnier dark spot corrector. Just started using it. Will report back when I have results. I have heard good things about this so am anxious to see some results.

cupcaked1313882672.26486 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NY

I got a small tube of BRIGHT EXPERT Dark Spot Corrector & Radiance Activator by Lancome in one of my last orders from their web site and have been using it for about ten days. Things look good enough on some of my brown spots that I would consider ordering a full size. This little tube is lasting me a long time, so we shall see.

"Charm is getting the answer *yes* without ever having asked the question." - Albert Camus

pamster21313883740.45718 PostsRegistered 4/11/2010

I am sure this in not what you are looking for but I thought I would share. I had tried everything to try and remove dark spots on my face. I went to my dermatologist for one of my twice annual checks. I had too many sunburns on my fair skin in my youth to count! Of course, now I know better. I had developed actinic keratosis which looks like small red flaky patches around my hair line and on my upper lip area. She prescribed a cream called Carac cream. It was not fun. I did a two week treatment, applying the cream to my face at night. By the end of the treatment, my face looked horrendous. However, once it healed, my skin has never looked better. My dark spots are gone and most of my freckles. My skin looks younger. It was as if I had a peel. I maintain now with retinol A and LOTS of suncreen. My insurance covered the cost of the cream. As I said, this was a pretty tough treatment as it basically kills any precancerous spots. My friend did the same treatment and just used it on certain areas with spots and it worked for her, too. I am convinced now that most of these over the counter treatments and creams just don't do what a dermatologist can prescribe.

Last edited on 8/20/2011

Last edited on 8/20/2011

crush1313892185.581980 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC
On 8/20/2011 etowahgirl said: I am a newbie. Just want to say hi and pass on a tip about spots. Several women I know (me too) use wart remover on spots. Just dad a bit on the spots at night. It stings a bit. Leave it on overnight. Next day wash gently to remove the white residue. After a couple days it scabs over. Sorry, but it only lasts as few days. When the scab goes a away so does the spot. It may take a time or two. I have been using this for three years, no problems. This is not a medical use,' just us, girls. I am in my 60s. Stubborn spots may take more than one time. Never had a scar from this.

Wow...I've never heard of that remedy. When you've done this, does the spot come back after time? Or is it gone "forever" so to speak??

lovesrecess1313892542.6812974 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas
On 8/20/2011 TooManyCats said: I wish I could help but I've tried lots of things, including prescription hydroquinone, and nothing has gotten rid of a dark spot I've had on my jawline for about two years. I'm trying microdermabrasion now. I also have some spots on my hands that haven't responded to anything.

I used Joan River's hand cream w/ hydroquinone for a long time and it helped but suddenly stopped working....I am now using Spot Light skin lightener by alpha hydroxy.....to my amazement it works great and really fast on my awful spots on my hand! I ordered it on their website; don't know if it is sold in stores.

morganjen1313895233.72445 PostsRegistered 11/25/2004
On 8/20/2011 etowahgirl said: I am a newbie. Just want to say hi and pass on a tip about spots. Several women I know (me too) use wart remover on spots. Just dad a bit on the spots at night. It stings a bit. Leave it on overnight. Next day wash gently to remove the white residue. After a couple days it scabs over. Sorry, but it only lasts as few days. When the scab goes a away so does the spot. It may take a time or two. I have been using this for three years, no problems. This is not a medical use,' just us, girls. I am in my 60s. Stubborn spots may take more than one time. Never had a scar from this.

I've tried this on a couple of dark calluses on my legs and it's worked fairly well. They have lightened quite a bit.

newwyn1313898974.433349 PostsRegistered 8/20/2011
Crush. This works well with one time if the spots are not too dark. Otherwise use a again after a few weeks. I have one resistant spot which I just treated again. It is almost gone now, cannot see it with makeup. I know my spots are not anything more than sun spots or I would get Dr check on them. Please do not take a chance if there is a question about any spot going 'bad. But on spots that are just from sun this is great. Thanks for letting me join in. My dh goes to bed early and these forums are fun.

di-mc1314118491.4737051 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

I used the Obagi system for a year and am very happy with the results. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

LyndaB1314131942.663333 PostsRegistered 8/21/2006

I have been using Neutrogena Tone Correcting Targeted Treatment from their Ageless Intensives line. It contains Retinol SA and stabilized Vitamin C. I began using it about a month ago on sun damage spots on my face and hands and they are much lighter so I'll continue using it. There is also a face cream you can use with it that contains the same ingredients plus an SPF 30 sunblock that I may get when I've finished what I'm currently using.

pucker1314136905.0731541 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007
On 8/20/2011 Karenk said:

I also purchased the Garnier dark spot corrector. Just started using it. Will report back when I have results. I have heard good things about this so am anxious to see some results.

I would love for you to update on this product when you have used for a while.

Sunny Side­Up1314137690.6131176 PostsRegistered 3/1/2011

Hi etowahgirl, I will try this as I have one sun spot on my arm that will not go away. Will let you know if this helps. Tretinoin Cream has lighten some of the spots. Welcome to the forums and hope you continue to have fun.

ladyroxanne1314142140.3410974 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca

the wart remover is very interesting.

Page 1 of 2