Trusted Contributor

What Jennifer Lopez does not use on her face

During the last show Jennifer Lopez had with Colleen, Colleen told Jennifer that she had beautiful skin and asked what she used. Jennifer said that she does not use scrubs or peels because she thinks they are bad for the skin. She also said that she used a good cleanser recommended by her dermatologist. Unfortunately, she did not say what specific items she used.

On Yahoo I read that a dermatologist said that scrubs are not necessary because the skin naturally exfoliates itself. (Retin A was recommended.) Then, in March I saw my dermatologist I asked her what she thought of peels (because of an article I read about skin cancer). She said that she only uses peels on patients who have had skin cancer on their faces but recommended Tretinoin .05% which I started using.

Finally, last week I was feeling really lazy and for the first time used Youthful Essence scrub without the buffing device. It felt like sandpaper paste! Very rough. I have not used it since.

I am wondering how many of you do not use scrubs or peels? What do you use as an alternative?

Now, I am going to let my very patient son use the computer but will check later for responses. Thanks everyone!

Paws and enjoy life.