Guaranteed Delivery
31 Members and 17444 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Tarte vs Bare Escentuals ?

Started 1310223308.21 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1310398789.187 by Shellee

Im getting bored with BE -- been using for 6 years and Im 47 so some of the kits and colors only look good on Joy ! ---what do you Tartes think of it ? thanks Sharon

Page 1 of 2
LovemyBE1310223716.7725588 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

I've been using BE almost exclusively for 8 years and love it. But occasionally something from another line will interest me & I have to have it. I tried Nars O and it's the perfect shade. I tried Clinquie chubby stick lip pencils and most recently I bought the Tarte Glow your way to gorgeous TSV. I love all these products but still nothing can beat my Bare Escentuals. Just because I tried other lines, doesn't mean I have to give up BE altogether. If you feel BE is boring you lately, then by all means try something else.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

luvmypupz1310223975.8274991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I have used BE on and off for the last 6 - 7 years. Since the Tarte special with the clay foundation I have been using that most of the time now. I think right now I like it better than the BE foundation. I still love my BE eyeshadows and mineral veil, will never stop using those. I like the Tarte shadows and blush alot too, but switch back and forth on blushes and shadows. Those are the only 2 lines of makeup I use.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

3291310225226.977195 PostsRegistered 10/3/2010

I started with Bare Escentuals, but as I grew older and my skin became drier, it did not look as good on my skin. I have now switched to Tarte foundation with the Spf in it that you apply with a brush.

Last edited on 8/15/2011

Last edited on 8/15/2011

avey1310225630.021202 PostsRegistered 2/22/2010TN

I am 46. I am loving all my Tarte. I have used much more expensive make up most of my life but I wanted something as natural as possible without spoiling. I like Tarte much better than BE. Most of my makeup bag is now Tarte and Bobi Brown. The kits are an awesome value.

Avey

cammybee1310225939.9572081 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009

I don't know, I try other lines but come back to BE. I really like BE foundation and mineral veil. The blushes and eyeshadows are gorgeous and come in so many colors. Tarte is a line I wanted to try and I bought the last tsvs. I do like Tarte, but I will always use BE.

If it's to be, it's up to me!

Arl091310226270.74753 PostsRegistered 4/30/2009New York

Hi, I'm 54 (today, actually :), I use BE foundation, also Laura Geller B&B foundation. I use Sally Hansen lip gloss, and don't know the name of the lip pencil, & Avon lipstick, tried BE gloss don't care for. I use Maybelline mascara, but interested in trying one which is more voluminous, but love Maybelline, cause it doesn't run, @ all and I have sensitive eyes. I use LG & BE blush. I don't like BE eye shadow, use LG eye shadow. I use Smashbox jetset eyeliner. I was thinking of trying something in Tarte, haven't tried anything yet though.

Arlene

willdob31310226399.77310805 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

I use both.

BE foundations do not work on my 56 yr old skin. I like tarte AC foundation better but, honestly, I have yet to find a foundation that actually looks great. I stopped using it all over my face and just use a bit in spots - avoiding any areas where it might settle into fine lines.

I like tarte liners a bit more for their staying power. Even using a primer BE liners tend to fade away or move. The tarte shadows I've received in the last 2 TSV (both on AD but both will most likely be canceled soon) have too much shimmer for me. Lots of BE shadows are too shimmery, too, but I have ones with just a touch of shimmer & also matte ones that I wear regularly.

I prefer BE Flawless Definition over tarte LCL. Actually, BE is my favorite mascara.

I use BE Bisque & have for years. Good concealer (not for under my eyes) that I use to touch up right before applying Mally Poreless Defender as the finishing step to my makeup for the day.

I like BE lipsitck & Buxum. I don't care for BE glosses (or any other brand of glosses). I do not care for the tarte Lipsurgence that came in the recent TVS. Too much shimmer.

Last edited on 7/9/2011

Last edited on 7/9/2011

love BE1310237051.6171150 PostsRegistered 8/20/2007SD
Used to use all be hence my name! I have switched over to tart because the makeup actually stays the whole day! I still use their lip gloss and mineral veil but tarte is such awesome stuff!

noposting1310237400.743577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005
I find BE to be better for my sensitive skin. I also like that BE makeup doesn't go bad or expire quickly. In my experience, tarte has some good products but a lot of them dry out quickly.

Jackie61310239022.5771003 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007

Words can't describe how over BE and the whole mineral craze that I am. Terrible grammer I know. But it is messy, makes you look old and quite honestly, it lasts too long. I know that sounds crazy but I get sick of things so if I have a color of eye shadow that is lasting 4 years, I'm not gonna wear it. JMHO!

MarthaStew­ardess1310239298.057461 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I'm 46 and the only makeup lines I use are BE & Laura Geller. I am very satisfied with the results I get from these two brands. While I do often watch the makeup shows that feature other brands, I've never felt tempted to try them. LOL, they aint broke, so I don't need to fix them!

cmhpss1310239586.7237444 PostsRegistered 12/19/2008

Jackie, I do know what you mean about last too long. I have bought so much BE that I can't rationally buy another brand because I will never run out of this! I still love my BE though, but once in awhile I might want to buy something else.

One thing I do when I watch other brands shows: I look in what BE I have and try to find comparable colors and can usually duplicate the look without spending any money.

Christina

ilovedaisi­es1310241759.0073159 PostsRegistered 7/20/2010Turn left

I have to have some variety. I don't use everything by any one line. Too boring!

anonymoose1310243462.017142 PostsRegistered 7/9/2011

It's funny you should mention that, because I am a BE gal, and I was feeling a little bored and a little tired of all the powder, so I ordered the Tarte TSV last week.

[I should also mention that I have fair skin, and I've been so unhappy about the fact that the Original Bisque color changed and now is too dark and pink for me to use! So I've been on the hunt to try to find a new concealer that doesn't make me look like I've applied BLUSH to my dark circles.]

Well it was kind of fun getting a whole new grab bag full of goodies, and I bet if you wear "regular" make up, this Tarte kit is really awesome, but I'm so used to mineral make up that it just didn't feel right. Instead of gently brushing on a powder eye-liner, I'm dragging this big crayon across my eye-lid, and then rubbing the heck out of it with the sponge tip before it dries and becomes waterproof. It feels so rough, like I'm tearing at my eye-lids! I guess I'm just not used to it.

And then the concealer - depending on the brand of make up, I'm sometimes the lightest shade and sometimes the next lightest. In this case, the Fair was on waitlist, so I took a chance and got the Light.... it was just a tad too dark for me, OF COURSE. The other thing is, I'm so not used to having this wet effect that liquid or stick or cream concealer has. It feels wet and masky on my dark circles, chin and around my nose. Oh well, I guess BE has ruined me and I can't go back to regular make up! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Forever BE (whether I like it or not!)

Skylands1310243693.926617 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

BE all the way! I've tried Tarte's liner pencils and they were terrible. Tried BE's and they are very nice. They glide on your skin without pullling, they stay on and I love the 'eraser' smudger. Tarte's pencil liners were just not what they were advertised.

poregirl1310243878.0877463 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north

BE will be coming out with a whole new round of pressed makeup in August so hold on!

Last edited on 7/9/2011

Last edited on 7/9/2011

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you BATH&BODYWORKS, L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Avon

noposting1310248191.863577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005
On 7/9/2011 skylands said:

BE all the way! I've tried Tarte's liner pencils and they were terrible. Tried BE's and they are very nice. They glide on your skin without pullling, they stay on and I love the 'eraser' smudger. Tarte's pencil liners were just not what they were advertised.

Tarte's eyeliner pencils made my eyes burn and the recent foundation made my skin break out really quickly. I'll stick with BE also!

winamac11310250747.5831728 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I much prefer TARTE. BE is SOOOOOO uber messy.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11310250785.72731728 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 7/9/2011 poregirl said:

BE will be coming out with a whole new round of pressed makeup in August so hold on!

Last edited on 7/9/2011

I e'mailed BE about that. They said they weren't doing that. How odd. I, too, want a pressed makeup.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Brit3111310251523.0571 PostsRegistered 7/9/2011

I like both and depending how fussy I want to get decides which I will wear.

CAshopper2­0111310252680.2533514 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
I still have oily skin but as I've aged, BE foundation stopped working for me. Even with oily skin, I have wrinkles and Minerals in general have become problematic. I still like some BE products including buxoms and mineral veil, but am 100% Tarte for foundation these days. The clay foudnation doesn't melt off my oily skin but also doesn't exemplify wrinkles. Same with the Tarte blushes. Oh, I still like faux tan and warmth though. And the radiences.

CAshopper2­0111310252787.3733514 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
For those of you who like BE liners, are you using in inner rim? Tarted is the only liner I've tried that stays on my waterline, but I'd love to try a BE liner pencil if it will work there... Opinions?

LovemyBE1310253134.4925588 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

BE Big & Brighter eyeliners I love, but they don't last on the inner rim. They do however make a BE Buxom insider eyeliner for $14 in various shades at Sephora These are made just for the inner rim of your eyes and you can use them as regular lashline liners too.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

smilesalot1310253362.28672 PostsRegistered 6/10/2007way too close to the Q~

I just got the Tarte TSV and am really impressed.

I'm 64 and have combination skin.

The concealer really works for me.. at least the last two days its been wonderful.

The eye liner pencil is easy and smooth (for me) and the blush and bronzer are good colors for me.

The eye shadow is a bit too shimmery but I'm still playing with it.

I've used BE for years but the foundation is just too drying and really I've never found a perfect match. I've got a HUGE stash of eye colors and blushes.. way too much to ever use in my lifetime!

So.. I think I'm leaning towards Tarte.. interspersed with some drugstore items to keep the budget in line.

bambi z1310333665.62955 PostsRegistered 4/13/2011

I bought both of the tarte tsv's and I love them. They stay on very well. I love the concealer. It doesn't settle into my little fine lines. I also pretty much use their foundation all the time. Sometimes LG in the porcelain. It's perfect on me. I went away from BE's foundation and powder. Didn't really like how it was making me look. Still like the eye colors and the blush although it doesn't last on me. I hate the new pretty amazing lippies. The colors are awful. And the pressed makeup that's coming is pressed eye colors. I've seen some photos of them. They look alright but unless it's in a set doubt if I will purchase. Also hate the liner pencils. They come off almost as soon as I put them on. have super sensitive fair skin and have had no trouble with sensitivity to any of tarte's products.

Page 1 of 2