TSV(R) Preview
91 Members and 9334 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Does Dr. Perricones TSV really work?

Started 1307806802.647 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1307851658.803 by kal

Does these products really work? I am thinking about ordering this it seems like a really good deal since the cream goes for $240 itself. Thanks for any opinions.

Page 1 of 2
Dogtrainer11307809262.57389 PostsRegistered 2/5/2007WI

I use the Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer (not in this TSV) and like that really well. However, I have heard that the $240 cream in this TSV smells strongly of dead fish. A while back, I ordered his cold plasma products and they smelled so much like dead fish, and I could not get past it, so I had to send those products back. It may be worth trying, but I have to wonder if some of his stuff is way over-priced for what it is. The moisturizer I use is expensive enough, but when it gets up to $200-300 for a tube of cream, that's a little outrageous, especially if the smell is offending.

Oh, and if you listen to them today, they will say, "It has a 'scent' but it goes away quickly." I don't know, the scent in the cold plasma I tried stuck with me all day.

Last edited on 6/11/2011

Last edited on 6/11/2011

I Teach Too1307811406.34311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

Yes, they work. Yes, SOME of them have a scent/odor. I have used Perricone for over 8 years. I do not like the scent of the cold plasma, so I simply don't use it. The cream in the TSV does have an odor. I don't find it offensive, and I can't smell it about 30 seconds after I put it in. The activator does have almost an ammonia scent. Again, the scent goes away in a few seconds.

ETA: I never had good skin until I started Perricone; I never got compliments on my skin until I started with Perricone. I have turned many people on to Perricone because of the way my skin looks!

Last edited on 6/11/2011

Last edited on 6/11/2011

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

4downthesh­ore1307812578.8272429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA

It is a good deal.. I am seriously considering it but I too am worried about the smell.. I guess if it's that bad I can return it..It's hard to pass this deal up because of the cost of the items individually. Also the easy pay is a huge insentive. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

carrob1307812893.871816 PostsRegistered 10/6/2010 FL
On 6/11/2011 Dogtrainer1 said:

I use the Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer (not in this TSV) and like that really well. However, I have heard that the $240 cream in this TSV smells strongly of dead fish. A while back, I ordered his cold plasma products and they smelled so much like dead fish, and I could not get past it, so I had to send those products back. It may be worth trying, but I have to wonder if some of his stuff is way over-priced for what it is. The moisturizer I use is expensive enough, but when it gets up to $200-300 for a tube of cream, that's a little outrageous, especially if the smell is offending.

Oh, and if you listen to them today, they will say, "It has a 'scent' but it goes away quickly." I don't know, the scent in the cold plasma I tried stuck with me all day.

Last edited on 6/11/2011

Thanks for posting this, I couldn't tolerate the cold plasma either, but do like the no foundation foundation.....do you use the products in the TSV?

Shelbelle1307813609.2534738 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I can tell you that I used an entire bottle of his Deep Wrinkle Serum on my #11, and it did not even budge it one bit!!!

carrob1307813916.9731816 PostsRegistered 10/6/2010 FL

Thanks Shelbelle, I need to forget about this TSV :)

Dharma_Ini­tiative1307815166.7534147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

There really is no answer to your question since not everything is going to work for every person. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I tried Perricone a couple years ago and was not wowed by it at all. JMO

pvtdevinmom1307816015.291424 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

I've had great successs over the years and own alot of his products...they take time to work...I think longer than 30 days. As far as the smell? Its not bad at all and it quickly dissipates.....its not like your covering your body in the smell. I like the facial cream and will continue to purchase it......it lasts me over 6 months.

c_la_vee1307816218.7931832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009
The Neuropeptide cream is my favorite, I love it. It has an odor but I'm used to it now and I will admit that I have grown to actually LIKE the odor LOL I only use it in the am though. I have not tried the face activator so I'm tempted to try the TSV.

pvtdevinmom1307816222.071424 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

In response to the poster on getting zero results from the deep wrinkle serum....I've gotten great results...my deep lines have diminished and I've always used it on the corners of my eyes before I apply any other product. I recently had a facial done and the lady said " you're 51? you don't have hardly any lines wfhee most people get those crows feet"....she asked what I used and I honestly think using the serum first before any eye cream has helped.

c_la_vee1307816271.351832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009
Wanted to add that the odor does not stay

Disneyland­fan1307816656.263431 PostsRegistered 10/18/2008Southern California

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered the Today's Special Value. I've been wanting to try the cream for awhile now but didn't want to spend so much money. This seems like a good deal.

Now I didn't watch any of the presentations-just ordered from online- so what exactly does the face activator do? and when and how do you use it?

I went to the Perricone website but they call it the advanced face firming activator-is this product the same thing with just a slightly different name?

Thanks for any and all info!!

burggirl1307817175.307262 PostsRegistered 12/1/2010

I think the results are an individual thing. I had watched the Perricone presentations for a long time before I decided to take the plunge when QVC offered his last TSV. I really wanted it to work and followed the directions to the letter. But nothing. I was so disappointed. I thought I had found the products I had been dreaming of. So, I guess it depends on a person's skin, your own expectations, etc. Many people have had wonderful results; I didn't. :(

c_la_vee1307817837.221832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009
LOL burggirl, don't be :( , be :)) . I wish Perricone didn't work on me! It would save me quite a bit of $$! Argh!

violetgirl1307818350.297569 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005N. Cal
On 6/11/2011 Disneylandfan said:

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered the Today's Special Value. I've been wanting to try the cream for awhile now but didn't want to spend so much money. This seems like a good deal.

Now I didn't watch any of the presentations-just ordered from online- so what exactly does the face activator do? and when and how do you use it?

I went to the Perricone website but they call it the advanced face firming activator-is this product the same thing with just a slightly different name?

Thanks for any and all info!!

I have the same question - what does the neuropeptide face activator do? I hope someone who has experience with this product can comment please.

sueinsf1307818564.4872387 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006
On 6/11/2011 Dharma_Initiative said:

There really is no answer to your question since not everything is going to work for every person. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

I totally agree. Read reviews on any beauty item and you will find completely opposite opinions. It really doesn't matter what the experience here is of others, the only way you will know if it works for you is to try it yourself and see. That being said, I do find it often takes more than 30 days to see results on skincare, so that makes it hard to determine the effectiveness in time to return to QVC but if you're not satisfied you can certainly return the products and get your money back.

ford12241307819178.9333586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

Question about the woman who represents Perricone: They are always commenting on her beautiful skin. However, it looks to me as though she is wearing no makeup at all, nothing, as her skin is blotchy and very shiny. Is she not wearing any makeup?

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Chelsea2121307819818.7834 PostsRegistered 5/18/2011

I have tried soooo hard to find products that work for me as well as Perricone products work for me since I despise spending this amount on skincare. I use his Serum Prep, CP Face and Eye, CRT, AFFA and NPFM as parts of my am and pm routines. I haven't found anything yet, though I may have found a cheaper alternative to that ridiculously priced NPFM, though I can't tell quite yet.

I do LOVE the cream in this TSV but I REFUSE to purchase both that cream and the NPFM separately! With this TSV I can now have both! YAY!

claudia__a­nne1307822364.4912395 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

I love Perricone and the TSV is a 6 month supply.

He brings us the best deals.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

shoptillId­rop1307822706.99399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

The Neuropeptide Cream is what I started with over 4 years ago and continue to use it today. It's been my HG Neck Cream, to be honest. I also use a few of his other products as well and swear by them. My results will keep me a forever Perricone user.

The only thing I can suggest is you give his line a try to see what you think. I also suggest you use the product till it's gone and in this case, that tube of Neuropeptide Cream will last you a good 6 months. I feel that 30 days isn't enough time for any skin care line to have a fair shake, so if you can do it, I would keep the product and use it till it's gone and then see for your self what result you see and if it's worth continuing. Everyone is different, and needs are different.

For me personally, when I started using his line it was because I'd gone through so many other lines with no result. I was desperate to attack some sun damage on my neck and it was the Neuropeptide Cream as well as a couple of his products that brought my neck back around. My neck looks pretty darn good compared to what it was. That's why I'll never let go of his products. And anyone that snarls and says his products are snake oil, I just say to myself...I love that snake oil{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

I tried being patient but it took too long.

becka1307822771.851044 PostsRegistered 11/25/2007
On 6/11/2011 ford1224 said:

Question about the woman who represents Perricone: They are always commenting on her beautiful skin. However, it looks to me as though she is wearing no makeup at all, nothing, as her skin is blotchy and very shiny. Is she not wearing any makeup?

She has said in the past that she wears his foundation.

Pecky, did u order this? I'm trying not to since i have way too much skin care.

newday1307822795.59362 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 6/11/2011 claudia__anne said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

This is exactly my question, for those of you with experience, will the 2.5 ounce size cream really last 6 months if you use it sparingly AM and PM?

TIA!

Newday

shoptillId­rop1307823012.889399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan
On 6/11/2011 ford1224 said:

Hi ford, I haven't watched any of the presentations today because I've been gone, but usually she doesn't wear much in the way of foundation. She may be wearing the No Foundation foundation in his line and if she is, that tends to look very dewy. But in any case, she's got beautiful skin, and she's also a recent Breast Cancer survivor having gone through heavy treatments and losing all her hair. Her hair is grown back in and considering everything she's been through, she looks awesome!

sueinsf1307823107.2572387 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006
On 6/11/2011 newday said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

This is exactly my question, for those of you with experience, will the 2.5 ounce size cream really last 6 months if you use it sparingly AM and PM?

TIA!

Newday

I only use a tiny bit targeted and my tube will easily last a year, but I know I'm not the norm! Generally you don't need to use much and I find most of his products last a very long time.

shoptillId­rop1307823126.0079399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan
On 6/11/2011 newday said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

TIA!

Newday

Hi newday, I only use the cream in the morning, I've never used it at night. Yes, it will last at least 6 months. I've been using it for over 4 years, so I can say with out a doubt...6 months isn't a problem. (I use it all over my neck to give you an idea of how much I use on a daily basis).

Page 1 of 2