TSV(R) Preview
159 Members and 11220 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Kiehl's products.......

Started 1306953577.033 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1307194084.283 by Katrin B

I'd love to hear what you all think about Kiehl's skin care products. Everytime they are presented I'm tempted to try some. I've gone to the Kiehl's website to see what all they offer but haven't taken the plunge yet. I think they may have a TSV coming up this month.

Page 1 of 1
BrazenSong­Bird1306954442.613212 PostsRegistered 11/1/2007Fairfax, VA

I love the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, A73020. I have very sensitive skin and it typically reacts to new products. Not this! It works very well for me, particularly in wintertime. No millia.(sp?)

~Brazen~ \

cabbi1306954908.9071611 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I also love the Avocado Eye Cream. Texture is unlike any other I have used. Does not get into my eyes and helps so much with creapiness. Not a miracle, but eyeshadow stays better and no racoon eyes from mascara.

JMFINLEY0011306960556.8738900 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

I love the Midnight Recovery Serum-have been using for about 6 months as part of my nighttime regime and love it!!!!!!!!!Havent tried anything else yet!!!!!

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

Linda1291306962530.3971280 PostsRegistered 1/16/2005

I have used or tried a lot of Kiehl's products over the years. Started buying from them in the mid 90's before they were bought by L'oreal.

Loved their blue astringent. Don't use it now because my skin isn't oily but it's a great for oily skin. Also liked their Foaming non-detergent cleanser. The ultra facial moisturizer is just a nice, basic moisturizer. THey used to have an A & D ointment that is just great for various things - burns, dry spots. I use it under my eyes at night over my perscription retinol.

I never got any great results from their C line, the Abyssine or Cryste Marine stuff. I bought a bottle or a jar of various mositurizers and serums and never bought them again. I have used Cellex C, Skinceuticals and MD Forte and the Kiehl's products just didn't have the same strengths or results for me.

Love their deodorant and the intensive treatment moisturizer. Always have those two products and I do love their coriander shower gel and lotion.

Last edited on 6/1/2011

Last edited on 6/1/2011

LinnieLou1306970621.067766 PostsRegistered 1/19/2008

I don't love their specialty lines of skincare--I think there are better products from other lines, but there are three products that are awesome in my opinion: Ultra Facial Cleanser. I used La Roche Posay cleanser, which I love, but I tried a sample of the Kiehl's and had to buy a full sized bottle. I repurchased both cleansers, but the Kiehl's just gets all the makeup off (including eyeliner and mascara) and is just a good overall no fuss great cleanser. I also love the Ultrafacial toner, although I didn't repurchase because I am lazy and just didn't want another step--it feels really good, but not a necessity. The last product I love from this line is the Epidermal Retexturizing Microderm Abrasion. It's a little steep ($41) for a scrub/exfoliator, but after using up 2 samples, I just had to buy the full size. It takes all the dead skin off and my makeup and other products go on so much better...and the base it not too thick or greasy like some other scrubs.

The avocado eye cream is very hydrating and very nice, but not much in it to help with the fine lines. I need something more potent!!!

susanks11306978052.361259 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007

I tried a sample of the avacado eye cream and woke up with very puffy eyes. So there is something in it that didn't agree with my eyes.

KweenB1306985418.1572167 PostsRegistered 11/27/2010

I purchased the avocado eye cream when the skin around my eyes had been chemically burnt by another product. The avocado cream was just what I needed. I really like it. It's a thicker cream. I pat it around the eye and then it just melts right in and feels really nice.

I also purchased the Midnight Recovery Concentrate. When I got the Kiehl's, I was already trying to work in a new Dr. Denese product on my face so I didn't want to add another at the same time. I want to be able to identify exactly what causes reactions when I have them. Because I'm impatient, I decided to use the Midnight Recovery on my neck and chest. After a week or two, I started noticing how really soft my neck and chest were. So... I started using it on my face as well. I have another order for the product processing right now.

I received a few samples from Kiehl's, but they really don't give you enough to be able to form an opinion on whether you think you would like it.

UMTerpFan1307019575.031744 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I am using Kiehl's and like a lot of the products. The Avocado eye cream is great for dryness. Doesn't do much for dark circles or firming, I use more than one product anyway, but it does work for dryness. The Midnight Recovery Serum is awesome. Aside from making skin soft, I think it also helps with sun spots. I am also using the Photo-Age Corrector Cleanser and High Potency Spot Treatment which I like, will probably repurchase, Double Strength Deep Wrinkle Filler, Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate and High Potency Skin Firming Concentrate. I also have the Imperial Body Balm which I won't repurchase as I don't feel it provides enough hydration for my dry skin. I do use other brands and do a lot of mixing so when I run out of these items, I will replace with other items in my stash of products I need to use up. I'd suggest getting samples at Nordstroms to see what you think of the products.

JYWilliams1307022704.233157 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009Kentucky "The Blue Grass State"

I like the Avocado Eye Cream

JMFINLEY0011307031202.4938900 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

I also forgot I have been using their eye cream called Eye Alert for dark circles and its awesome!!!!!

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

blondegirl1307042606.6031787 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

Kiehl's has not been that "corner apothecary" for at least a year or two and I started to see some changes in their products - not for the better - and stopped using them. Like Burt's Bees once a big company takes over they do not necessarily maintain what made the product great to begin with, unfortunately.

Tricolor1307043479.3575275 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

Creamy Avocado Eye Cream, Straightening Balm ( has a heat protectant in it), Lip Balm, Olive Fruit Shampoo and Conditioner, Hand Cream. Love this line. Oh I hope they have a TSV!

64 years old
Retired RMA
Dry medium skintone
Blonde highlights
Dry thick coarse hair

LuvMyMakeup1307050722.6224 PostsRegistered 8/23/2010On a bank of the mighty Niagara

I've been using the Midnight Recovery Serum at night for several weeks. I noticed softer skin and well, just "nicer" skin. I like it and will repurchase.

Coke Zero ­Addict1307051261.3731360 PostsRegistered 8/10/2010

Looks like Kiehl's sold to L'Oreal in 2000. I have used some of their products over the years and none were impressive or worth the price. There are better products out there IMHO.

“We've placed a lot of emphasis in this country on the idea of people's rights. That's how it should be, but it makes no sense to talk about rights without also talking about responsibilities.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

tawnyPa1307059684.6133052 PostsRegistered 8/20/2007Pennsylvania

I have been using Kiehl's now since February and wow what a difference in my skin. I had tried the discovery kit which included crysta marine ultra rich cream, eye cream, midnight serum and well went back for more. I noticed a difference in my softness of my skin, sunspots or brown spots are disappearing, wrinkles less defined and leaves my face soft. I have sensitive skin and have had no problems. I got a sample of the deep wrinkle filler and am liking that also. I have been also using the powerful strength line reducing serum which has vit. C in it. I am happy with all Kiehl's products and will continue to use. take care tawny

the one and only tawny from 10/6/04 and a lot of lost posts!!

kc251307129006.764 PostsRegistered 3/14/2011

Girlfriend you have got to try the Creamy Avacado Eye Cream. You will be surprised !!! its a small jar, but it last forever. I use it in the morning fine under makeup, and i use a heavier amount at night. It melts on. its safe to go close to the eye with as well. Works best on dark circles and hydrating crows feet. My concealer does''nt crease in it. Best part...its cheap!!

Helen Bach1307132431.822623 PostsRegistered 10/20/2009

love their Abbysine cream and the Midnight Recovery Serum is my husband's favorite smell. He likes a few drops on his face too. He says it helps him sleep

I don't know that they help things much, but they are my favorite products. They feel great and they make me happy

glmama1307137109.1719930 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

I know many love their products. However, I've wanted to love their products on and off for many years. I do like some of their shower gels (coriander, cucumber) and they body creams. But I've tried a lot of their facial stuff over time and nothing has worked for me long-term. I did use their Grapefruit Essence Oil for a long time and it was a fabulous scent. Also, they had a cream that I got a sample of that was like a mattifying lotion and it was really nice. But I don't think they ever made it or it was discontinued or something. I did recently (in the past year) try the eye cream, and although I DID like it, I didn't love it. I am now on to something else. I like their philosophy about skin care and especially about advertising. They are a an old company that up until recently did not advertise at all--all word of mouth stuff to pass along info/raves about their products.

Oh, and DH sometimes uses their cleansers. But only when I buy it for him.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Katrin B1307194084.247133 PostsRegistered 7/6/2009

LOVE the Creme de Corps Body Lotion. I buy the huge 33.8 fl oz every year. They have expanded this particular product line. I got to try the soy body scrub, which was nice.

Other stables for me are: lip balm in the little pot, and the Heavy Duty Leave-In conditioner. All three products are very moisturizing and scent free.

I have been using them for many,many years. I also like the samples they give out for traveling. I'm looking for a make-up remover / cleanser. I will stop by Kiehl's to pick up some samples.

Page 1 of 1