Weekend Preview
131 Members and 11740 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Is $99 for 20 units of Botox a good price?

Started 1305383540.003 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1305685916.24 by nanann

Hi Beauties!!!

I just received a Groupon today that has 20 units of Botox for $99...I have never tried Botox...it that a good price? You can buy 2 sets and use them in one visit...How many units do you need if you are just doing between your brows...I have a #1 that is just starting and making me crazy...Thanks!!!! Smile

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

Page 1 of 2
gubby11305383761.8971554 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010puget sound

That is an unheard of price. In my area it is $15 a unit and on sale it is usually $12 a unit. I think 20 units would more than cover that area but it is hard to know. I use 25 units 2 times a year for forehead lines and starting crowsfeet

lyn in MI1305384120.25724588 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

That's less than 1/2 price in most markets for derms and PS's.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

qvcnewbieg­irl1305384399.536051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO

Thanks gubby1 and lyn in MI!!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}...that's me there with the #1 between my brows, lol!!!

I have never tried Botox and I just need it in a small area, but I had no idea what a unit is and how many were needed...I am going to check out the reviews for the place first, but I think I will do it!! I can buy 40 units for $198...good to know that is an excellent price!!!

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

Sandgirl1305384576.0637313 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

I don't get botox but there is a sign out by a place by my house - 15 units for 120.00 so I would say yours is a good deal. Hope that helps

lyn in MI1305384704.6924588 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

Thanks gubby1 and lyn in MI!!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}...that's me there with the #1 between my brows, lol!!!

I have never tried Botox and I just need it in a small area, but I had no idea what a unit is and how many were needed...I am going to check out the reviews for the place first, but I think I will do it!! I can buy 40 units for $198...good to know that is an excellent price!!!

You're welcome. The amount of units needed depends on how each unit has been diluted as well as the area being treated.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

qvcnewbieg­irl1305384976.876051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
On 5/14/2011 lyn in MI said:
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

Thanks gubby1 and lyn in MI!!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}...that's me there with the #1 between my brows, lol!!!

I have never tried Botox and I just need it in a small area, but I had no idea what a unit is and how many were needed...I am going to check out the reviews for the place first, but I think I will do it!! I can buy 40 units for $198...good to know that is an excellent price!!!

You're welcome. The amount of units needed depends on how each unit has been diluted as well as the area being treated.

That makes it more complicated...I didn't know there were different dilutions...but a unit is still a unit, regardless of dilution?

Last edited on 5/14/2011

Last edited on 5/14/2011

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

susanks11305386429.151259 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007

It is $13 a unit where I live. My 11's are not that bad and I normally use 20 units.

yoginono1305386988.877103 PostsRegistered 4/1/2011

I am a nurse practitioner and work in a primary care office where Botox is also given. We charge $12 / unit. The amount needed for the "11" lines depends on how deep they are and how large/thick those facial muscles are. To start with we usually give 3-4 units in 4-5 areas between the brows so 20 units should be plenty. Grab that $99 as that is a steal!!

.

lyn in MI1305387710.1524588 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

That makes it more complicated...I didn't know there were different dilutions...but a unit is still a unit, regardless of dilution?

If you are trying to compare prices between per cc and per syringe find out:

1. Dilution ratios for each doctor. The more parts saline to botox, the weaker the botox injection.

2. What size syringe the doctor at the price/per syringe place uses.

Then do your math.

For example: Doctor 1 has a dilution ratio of 1:1 ( 1 part botox to 1 part saline). He charges $220 per syringe, and the syringe size is 10ml. Doctor 2 (by the cc) has a dilution ratio of 1:2 (1 part botox to 2 parts saline). He charges $10 per unit (cc).

For doctor 1: A) Take the cost of the syringe ($220) and divide by the number of ml (10). The result is 220. B) Take the dilution ratio and divide the parts of botox by the parts of saline. The result is 1. C) Divide the result of A by the result of B to find out what your ACTUALLY paying for botox: $220/10=22; 22/1=22. $22 per ml (cc) of STRAIGHT, UNDILUTED BOTOX.

For doctor 2: A) Take the dilution ratio and divide the parts of botox by the parts of saline. The result is 1/2 (one half, or .5). B) Take the cost per cc and divide by the results of A to find out what you are ACTUALLY paying for botox: 1/2=.5; 10/.5=20. $20 per ml (cc) of STRAIGHT, UNDILUTED BOTOX.

Therefore, doctor B at $10 per unit has the best pricing. This might seem complicated, but if you do each step on paper it is really quite easy.

©wiki.answers.com
Last edited on 5/14/2011

Last edited on 5/14/2011

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

livein kin­dness1305389073.98698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2010Michigan

you may want to watch Dr Oz video about botox before you go for a good price.

lyn in MI1305390757.4324588 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

qvcnewbiegirl - I read a few weeks ago that some people have had problems with Groupon purchases not being accepted, so I checked out the web site for The Hollywood Body Laser Center. You may want to call them today before you make the purchase just to confirm they do Botox (and authorized the sale @ Groupon). I don't see it listed on their products and services page. You can access their web site HERE. You may also want to confirm who administers the injections. I don't see a doctor listed on their site, but I may have overlooked it. They're open today until 3:30.

eta: it's possible that Botox is a new service they are offering and the sale @ Groupon is a way to pick up initial clients for that procedure.

Last edited on 5/14/2011

Last edited on 5/14/2011

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Skylands1305391592.2436348 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

Hi Beauties!!!

I just received a Groupon today that has 20 units of Botox for $99...I have never tried Botox...it that a good price? You can buy 2 sets and use them in one visit...How many units do you need if you are just doing between your brows...I have a #1 that is just starting and making me crazy...Thanks!!!! Smile

Sounds to good to be true: BEWARE!!!!!!!!! Botox isn't cheap! You get what you pay for. If you can't afford it you shouldn't be using it. It's your face and your health you are gambling with. Seriously I would question this and not buy or use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missyw11305391761.89332399 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

You inject yourself with botox?

millieshops1305391923.59315081 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 5/14/2011 skylands said:
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

Hi Beauties!!!

I just received a Groupon today that has 20 units of Botox for $99...I have never tried Botox...it that a good price? You can buy 2 sets and use them in one visit...How many units do you need if you are just doing between your brows...I have a #1 that is just starting and making me crazy...Thanks!!!! Smile

Sounds to good to be true: BEWARE!!!!!!!!! Botox isn't cheap! You get what you pay for. If you can't afford it you shouldn't be using it. It's your face and your health you are gambling with. Seriously I would question this and not buy or use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a situation that made the papers week after week 2 or 3 years back when a doctor injected himself and his friends with questionable Botox and paralyzed one woman and did damage to himself and 2 more, I'd want the doctor information to be very clear before I'd go for what looks like an inexpensive reatment.

gubby11305392839.2031554 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010puget sound

In LA, I have seen several walk in type botox clinics in the malls. They are advertising 10 dollars a unit..no appointment and no waiting. The thought of that is very frightening to me. Who is administering it? I go to a PS surgeon. I may pay a little more,but the expertise is well worth it.

OCGurl1305410284.2877534 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA
On 5/14/2011 thinkhappy said:

you may want to watch Dr Oz video about botox before you go for a good price.

I also saw that, I dont watch Dr Oz daily, and can agree sometimes and disagree, but this segment was interesting. It is probably on his website,

He said that if they are offering that price of $99 it is probably not the real thing.

You should be paying $200 at the lowest for 20 units - thats $10 per unit, my doc charges $12 unless I am doing another procedure then he will give it for $11,

Dr Oz said insist on looking at the bottle, it must have Allergan, and the Allegan hologram on it and unopened.

It was a good segment that gave many good tips as well as to make sure who is injecting


winamac11305410401.82730963 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Allergan won't "sell" botox for less than $9.50 a unit unless it's probably a groupon. The physician's office is losing money if it's less than $9.50 a unit. It may be ok as it's a groupon, but if it's a sale price less than $9.50--it's diluted, and you don't want it. I know an Allergan rep so she told me this. Normally the cheapest price you can get botox that is "good" and not diluted is $9.50 a unit. It normally goes for $12.00 up to $15.00 a unit.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

poodlpoo1305411471.584265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Anyone hear about the story of the most ignorant woman in the world????

She has her EIGHT YEAR OLD daughter in beauty pagents and is injecting her daughter with botox for a competitive edge, saying many other moms do it. WWWHHHHATTT? How many EIGHT year olds do you know with WRINKLES? She said she did for her WRINKLES... She also had the poor child WAXED. The girl said she will continue with botox but not the waxing.....WWOOOW...and mom injects it herself.

DJ in FL1305424720.357252 PostsRegistered 12/24/2010

I got a Groupon for either Botox or Dysport in February. It was $79 an area. You could buy up to three and I DID!! I did my crows feet my forehead and my eleven. It was the first time I had done it and had it not been for the Groupon, I wouldn't have. NOW..that I have dipped my toe in the pool....I will be going back. It softened my look without being too drastic. I even got a lift on my eyebrows. It's a fantastic deal. Just do your homework on the office that is doing the Groupon...ask questions about who will be administering the Botox. Make sure they are experienced and you will be one happy camper...for at least 4 months anyway!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Julie231305424884.251369 PostsRegistered 11/3/2007
On 5/14/2011 thinkhappy said:

you may want to watch Dr Oz video about botox before you go for a good price.

I recommend looking at his website, too.

missyw11305425010.4832399 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

Should you be having a Dr. administer this? How do you know the stuff you are buying on line, is actually botox? How much do you know to inject and where?

qvcnewbieg­irl1305426209.2936051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
On 5/14/2011 lyn in MI said:

qvcnewbiegirl - I read a few weeks ago that some people have had problems with Groupon purchases not being accepted, so I checked out the web site for The Hollywood Body Laser Center. You may want to call them today before you make the purchase just to confirm they do Botox (and authorized the sale @ Groupon). I don't see it listed on their products and services page. You can access their web site HERE. You may also want to confirm who administers the injections. I don't see a doctor listed on their site, but I may have overlooked it. They're open today until 3:30.

eta: it's possible that Botox is a new service they are offering and the sale @ Groupon is a way to pick up initial clients for that procedure.

Last edited on 5/14/2011

Thank you so much lyn for all your work {#emotions_dlg.wub} You are the best!!! First I loved that you took the time to go over the math for the per cc price and then for all of this!!! I was out all day until now...will see if I can get a hold of them tomorrow...my hubby thinks I am crazy because he is a doll and doesn't think I need it...Love him!!!...and I don't want to rush into something because the deal is good...there will be other opportunities if I don't get this one...but I just had no clue and appreciate all your help!!!

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

qvcnewbieg­irl1305426257.7976051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
On 5/14/2011 skylands said:
On 5/14/2011 qvcnewbiegirl said:

Hi Beauties!!!

I just received a Groupon today that has 20 units of Botox for $99...I have never tried Botox...it that a good price? You can buy 2 sets and use them in one visit...How many units do you need if you are just doing between your brows...I have a #1 that is just starting and making me crazy...Thanks!!!! Smile

Sounds to good to be true: BEWARE!!!!!!!!! Botox isn't cheap! You get what you pay for. If you can't afford it you shouldn't be using it. It's your face and your health you are gambling with. Seriously I would question this and not buy or use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True!!! That's what I was wondering!! Thanks!!

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

qvcnewbieg­irl1305426317.7776051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
On 5/14/2011 MissyW1 said:

You inject yourself with botox?

Who? Did I miss a post? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} The Groupon was for a medispa...I need to go back through all the posts...I think I missed something....

Last edited on 5/14/2011

Last edited on 5/14/2011

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

qvcnewbieg­irl1305426698.396051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO

Big thanks to everyone posting!!! I appreciate all of your advice...I will try to find that Dr. Oz segment...sounds like a lot of good information...I don't want to do anything crazy for a deal...it just piqued my interest, but I wanted to get advice from the beauties here before I just jumped in and I am so glad I started this thread!!!

Thanks to thinkhappy, OCGurl, skylands, millieshops, yoginono, susanks1, lyn in MI, gubby1, MissyW1, Sandgirl Julie23, DJ in FL, poodlepoo, and winamac1!!!

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Last edited on 5/14/2011

Last edited on 5/14/2011

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

Page 1 of 2