Labor Day Weekend Clearance
18 Members and 8478 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

My eyes always look tired :(

Started 1298851163.173 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1298956846.37 by Spina

Anyone have the same problem and concern? No matter how much sleep I get, I wake up and my eyes look so tired! If so, can you tell me what you are doing to make them look better. :)

Page 1 of 1
Brabls1298851833.95714740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

Due to a medication I take, I often look like I tied one on!

bopper1298851891.51714054 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I look tired too. Without eye makeup I look "sick" {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

coleson1298851948.487213 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006
On 2/27/2011 Brabls said:

Due to a medication I take, I often look like I tied one on!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

coleson1298851949.163213 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006
On 2/27/2011 Brabls said:

Due to a medication I take, I often look like I tied one on!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

PpprMintPa­tty1298852080.8718674 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007Outside our Nation's Capitol

I don't think there is anything out there other than a little 'snip-snip' that is going to help me at this point.

It's bad enough but right now my allergies are bothering me, and wow...let's just say that is NOT what I need!

~Formerly known as Danny~

caffinated11298852735.11140 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007

I'm in the same boat! I do put just a little light blue eye shadow on my eye lids to "open" my eyes. Don't know if it's true, but I'm sticking to it!

Dharma_Ini­tiative1298852839.5234147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

For years my eyes looked like that, and felt that way too. I've had dark circles all my life but they don't look so bad anymore. And my eyes no longer look tired all the time, even when I wake up in the morning. I'll tell you what products I use around my eyes but unfortunately I can't pinpoint if one particular thing changed them or a combination. I suspect the retinol and tua viso have made the biggest impact on my eye area.

NCN 2% retinol
Tua Viso microcurrent device (helps increase circulation, drain puffiness, tighten skin)
Glycolix Elite Eye serum

HTH

Babyfran1298854714.53710581 PostsRegistered 12/11/2010
On 2/27/2011 bopper said:

I look tired too. Without eye makeup I look "sick" {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

OMG !!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} LOL!!!!!!!

AngelLove21298855064.742599 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

My eyelids are dark. When I use Benefit Lemonaid on them, I look like I got a good night's sleep. Today on HSN, Lancome has a new eyecream that seems to brighten the eye all around. It is worth trying. Good luck on finding something that will work.

scuba3181298856036.617372 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008

One of the realities of aging I suspect. My under eyes also make me look tired and older than I'd like. So . . . I just moisturize under my eyes and use Bobbie Brown corrector to brighten the area. It helps some.

Mainly, I just try to smile and carry myself with confidence. If you look happy and enthusiastic about life somehow you don't come off as old and tired.

Fifi11298860350.4534723 PostsRegistered 1/21/2005

A good PS or Derm can do a little Botox to 'lift your eye brow' and it makes you look much more rested - Some around the eye also does seem to help me with my hereditary dark circles. I LOVE Bobbie Brown Corrector and Concealer and use these over Chanel eye cream - very smooth. The combo seems to work for my 53 year old eyes. I do not have any "hooding" or would have an eye lift; two of my friends have had this done and it looks fab and took at least 15 years off their faces!

baby burns1298872788.628793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i use botox for my ll right between my eyes, in no time you can see the differance. have not had it done lately, think i'am due back in may. if you have ll thats what you need to get rid of.

Zoey_Abby1298873575.45185 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010

Benefit Lemon-aide! Try it, such a difference!

AIMY1298877455.673483 PostsRegistered 2/11/2011

i saw on the q by the brand a100% pure, an eye cream that has caffeine in it. it is supposed to help with bags and etc.i think it is fairly cheap Smileand there are many good reviews on it. also try the genie(it is also reasonably priced, around $25.00) or a serum like it. i saw a demo of older model i believe her name is maria(blond hair). i'm not trying to be critical but she has a problem with very bad bags under her eyes and during a live demo of genie the bags went down considerably-WOW{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}.also during the demo, qvc tested it on a man with fairly deep wrinkles-the 11 lines, crows feet and nasal labial folds he looked 5-10 yrs younger. hope this help. hope this is the kind of info you were looking for{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Spina1298881169.9959 PostsRegistered 1/7/2010
On 2/27/2011 Dharma_Initiative said:

For years my eyes looked like that, and felt that way too. I've had dark circles all my life but they don't look so bad anymore. And my eyes no longer look tired all the time, even when I wake up in the morning. I'll tell you what products I use around my eyes but unfortunately I can't pinpoint if one particular thing changed them or a combination. I suspect the retinol and tua viso have made the biggest impact on my eye area.

NCN 2% retinol
Tua Viso microcurrent device (helps increase circulation, drain puffiness, tighten skin)
Glycolix Elite Eye serum

HTH

Dharma,

1.

- I currently use PTR retinol Fusion PM for my face, should I use it under my eyes?

- Between NCN 2% Retinol and PTR Retinol Fusion which one is better in your opinion?

2.

I searched Tua Viso Microcurrent device, and also found Nu Face Microcurrent device

- Do you have any experiences with Nu Face device? http://www.mynuface.com/

- What made you decided to buy Tua Viso device? http://www.tinarichards.com/

3.

- Did you get Glycolix Elite Eye Serum online (right now Dermstore sells it for $24.60 with free shipping) or did you get it at your local drugstore?

Thanks for your suggestion and your help.

Spina

blue_weima­raner1298909464.0231138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania
On 2/27/2011 scuba318 said:

One of the realities of aging I suspect. My under eyes also make me look tired and older than I'd like. So . . . I just moisturize under my eyes and use Bobbie Brown corrector to brighten the area. It helps some.

Mainly, I just try to smile and carry myself with confidence. If you look happy and enthusiastic about life somehow you don't come off as old and tired.

What a nice sentiment, scuba....I fight my hereditary dark circles everyday with products that only help somewhat. I think you're right - attitude is everything. There probably isn't anything sold on the market that will truly help as much as projecting yourself as you describe here. Thanks for that reminder, I needed to hear it! Smile

And I wanted to add, my circles are even worse this time of year. Around the middle of winter, they get to looking really bad. Does anyone else notice this? No sunshine or fresh air can really do a number on our skin. We're in the home stretch now, though!

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

Dharma_Ini­tiative1298913398.234147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007
On 2/28/2011 Spina said:

1.I currently use PTR retinol Fusion PM for my face, should I use it under my eyes? Between NCN 2% Retinol and PTR Retinol Fusion which one is better in your opinion?

2. I searched Tua Viso Microcurrent device, and also found Nu Face Microcurrent device. Do you have any experiences with Nu Face device? http://www.mynuface.com/ What made you decided to buy Tua Viso device? http://www.tinarichards.com/

3. Did you get Glycolix Elite Eye Serum online (right now Dermstore sells it for $24.60 with free shipping) or did you get it at your local drugstore?

Thanks for your suggestion and your help. Spina

1. I used PTR Retinol Fusion before switching to NCN. I much prefer NCN. First, it's stronger (NCN is 2%, PTR is 1.5%). Second, it's more of a cream consistency and much easier to manage/spread/control vs. the watery consistency of PTR. Third, it comes in a pump bottle instead of a dropper. It is buffered just like PTR so you can apply other products before and after without losing it's effectiveness, plus the buffering helps cut down on irritation and dryness. Whether you use retinol by your eyes is up to you. It depends on your skin's own reaction. I use NCN (and used PTR) by my eyes with no problem. I use it under my eyes (where dark circles would be) and on the orbital bone above my eyes (under brows) but not on lids. It will migrate on it's own once on your skin.

2. I have no experience with Nu Face. I used the Isomers Nutritone for 6+ months with no results whatsoever, so wanted to get something more powerful. I can only compare the Tua Viso to that device. The TV was more expensive that the Nutritone, but less expensive than others out there, so that was 1 deciding factor in choosing Tua. I like that it has an automatic timer built in so you don't have to watch the clock while you're doing it. I like that the probes that touch your face are not metal (no metal touches your skin) and that you use water with it, no mess or expense of conduction serum.

3. Yes, I bought the eye serum from Dermstore, online.

Smile

Last edited on 2/28/2011

Last edited on 2/28/2011

coleson1298918293.51213 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006

Thank's everyone :)

Spina1298956846.36759 PostsRegistered 1/7/2010
On 2/28/2011 Dharma_Initiative said:
On 2/28/2011 Spina said:

1.I currently use PTR retinol Fusion PM for my face, should I use it under my eyes? Between NCN 2% Retinol and PTR Retinol Fusion which one is better in your opinion?

2. I searched Tua Viso Microcurrent device, and also found Nu Face Microcurrent device. Do you have any experiences with Nu Face device? http://www.mynuface.com/ What made you decided to buy Tua Viso device? http://www.tinarichards.com/

3. Did you get Glycolix Elite Eye Serum online (right now Dermstore sells it for $24.60 with free shipping) or did you get it at your local drugstore?

Thanks for your suggestion and your help. Spina

1. I used PTR Retinol Fusion before switching to NCN. I much prefer NCN. First, it's stronger (NCN is 2%, PTR is 1.5%). Second, it's more of a cream consistency and much easier to manage/spread/control vs. the watery consistency of PTR. Third, it comes in a pump bottle instead of a dropper. It is buffered just like PTR so you can apply other products before and after without losing it's effectiveness, plus the buffering helps cut down on irritation and dryness. Whether you use retinol by your eyes is up to you. It depends on your skin's own reaction. I use NCN (and used PTR) by my eyes with no problem. I use it under my eyes (where dark circles would be) and on the orbital bone above my eyes (under brows) but not on lids. It will migrate on it's own once on your skin.

2. I have no experience with Nu Face. I used the Isomers Nutritone for 6+ months with no results whatsoever, so wanted to get something more powerful. I can only compare the Tua Viso to that device. The TV was more expensive that the Nutritone, but less expensive than others out there, so that was 1 deciding factor in choosing Tua. I like that it has an automatic timer built in so you don't have to watch the clock while you're doing it. I like that the probes that touch your face are not metal (no metal touches your skin) and that you use water with it, no mess or expense of conduction serum.

3. Yes, I bought the eye serum from Dermstore, online.

Smile

Last edited on 2/28/2011

Thank you so much for the information.

I have the same problems with the PTR Retinol Infusion as you described. I will switch to NCN retinol later.

Did you buy your Tua Viso from NCNProskincare? I saw a Tua Viso Non-Surgical Face Lift for $219.00 Is this "Tua Viso Non-Surgical Face Lift" the same with the "Tua Viso Microcurrent Device" you owned?

Page 1 of 1