Guaranteed Delivery
17 Members and 15269 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

HELP. What is good for stretch marks on breats for my 13 year old.

Started 1298682991.303 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1303173087.03 by SuzyBailey

Anyone know if there is any cream, lotion, ect. that would help my 13 year old daughter. Her breasts have grown so fast in the last six months she now has stretch marks on them. She is now a 32C and still growing. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2
ChynaGirl1298686147.9333895 PostsRegistered 12/2/2005

You may want to try something that's made for scars (like Mederma), which also works for stretch marks. Or maybe something like 100% pure cocoa butter, shea oil, or castor oil (all good for stretch marks).

shoekitty1298687368.87713278 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

I was told that the stretch marks on breasts, from gowing and stomach stretch marks from child bearing were of a hormonal nature, and not much can be done. But that was years ago. Try Palmer's Stretch mark cream. Many people swear by that stuff! There is nothing in there but cocoa and shea butters that could hurt your daughter. Mederma and the like can work on larger marks, but I don't know about applying that stuff over the entire breast.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

luvmozart1298689484.81195 PostsRegistered 12/7/2008Los Angeles, CA

I wouldn't worry too much about them. My daughter also had some stretch marks on her thighs around 13 or 14. She was so upset about them I took her to my dermatologist, and she said not to worry, they will go away in a few years and they did.

My daughter never gained or lost weight growing up, she was always around 110 lbs, but one summer she went from 5'2" to 5'" 6", the doctor said that is what caused the stretch marks.

The dermatologist suggested rubbing the area with vitamin e, which she did. I don't know if it helped, but it calmed her down knowing she was doing something.

Twitter1298692565.95336 PostsRegistered 4/17/2009

Thank everyone for their replies. I will try Mederma and Palmer's stretch cream and see what happens.Smile

Spunkyspou­ts1298695769.217245 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

sounds like an eating problem.

Jeanne R1298695978.114788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

I guess you better get her to some physician

divvykimmy1298725501.42712 PostsRegistered 9/20/2008
On 2/25/2011 angelsareout said:

I know, it's horrible, isn't it? You feed them and they grow up and go through puberty. I've read that girls in famine stricken countries are much slower to develop, if they live through adolescence, that is- perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

musicgrl1298732692.1531075 PostsRegistered 11/28/2008Suburban Detroit
On 2/26/2011 divvykimmy said:
On 2/25/2011 angelsareout said:

I know, it's horrible, isn't it? You feed them and they grow up and go through puberty. I've read that girls in famine stricken countries are much slower to develop, if they live through adolescence, that is- perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

I have never posted regarding any snark, but I just had to say bravo to you divvy for your intelligent and witty reply!!! You're right, you should be glad that she is growing, stretch marks and all. I hear people telling their children to shut up and I always think, what if something happend where they could no longer speak (like God forbid, a closed head injury)? (Haha, the Italian in me had to type God forbid!)

And maybe tell your daughter that people are paying big bucks for what she is gaining naturally! That may be an appropriate comment, or not, but I figured I'd just toss it out there...

Have a great weekend and think Spring! musicgrl

Jeanhelen571298733186.0932734 PostsRegistered 11/1/2005

Please tell her not to worry--my DD had the same exact thing! No eating problems--that's a silly thing to even suggest (insert whatever word you want--I'm being nice) DD is 30 now--It's hard on a young girl--so many changes..She will get used to it all! God bless you for being a nice mom, trying to help her..but I don't think there's a cream that will help---all the hype on TV about "stretch marks"..Skin toughens as you get older..I had dark circles when I was young--I hated it! You could also see alot of veins in my face..not any more--no dark circles, no veins--and no creams needed. I think as the "baby skin" grows up it gets replaced and she will be happy in the end!

Claybasket1298733884.22173 PostsRegistered 10/12/2010

Yes, try Bio-Oil. It is created for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin and dehydrated skin. When I heard "oil" I thought, ulk! However, this oil is very light and absorbs immediately like magic! It does not rub off at all and has hardly any scent. It can be purchased at the drug stores and Wal-Mart, maybe Target. Great product!

hugsandkis­ses1298734350.471247 PostsRegistered 5/1/2007

Hello !

Your daughters growth spurt reminds me of what happened to me when I was 14, I went from my first year in HS as a flat chested girl to popping out to a 36C and growing a couple of inches. Talk about late bloomer {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}....I have some stretchmarks also - they have never gone away but were very faded when I reached maturity (without applying anything ) meanwhile I was sooo excited to get boobies finally, that I didnt really care {#emotions_dlg.w00t} ...hahaha...

I am happily married with children and they Got even bigger with kids (DD). More stretch marks but Really its no big thing, Its part of being a Woman - have your daughter embrace Her changing body. Becoming a Woman is a right of passage. Try not to have her focus too much on seeing the stretch marks as something to erase or be fixed, There is a lot of pressure on young girls to be "perfect" today. Find a good cream and use it to incorporate it in "total" body care.

Take care !

"Sometimes good things fall apart so that Better Things can fall together"

anotherpro­duct1298734956.90349 PostsRegistered 2/26/2010

same thing happened to me. and i gotta say it is the one thing i wish i could have surgery for. it bothers me everyday and there is nothing that can be done about it. you can use all the oils and creams and that will stimulate the tissue and may help a bit while the marks are red, but once they are white there is nothing you can do:(

Last edited on 2/26/2011

Last edited on 2/26/2011

Make Up Ma­iden1298737060.193508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Hi Twitter ... I don't know what product helps for stretch marks, but as an aside, if i had to live my breast life over again, I would get used to wearing a bra all the time, including to bed, and keep those "girls" up and away and in place. I would have started this young, as I developed quickly also. I saw this recommendation on the Dr.90210 programs about how breasts tissues tear easily with life and gravity, and it makes sense to me now. Continually wearing strong bra support when exercising also. all from the "get go!" Good luck!

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

40thpony1298738196.08779 PostsRegistered 9/16/2010
On 2/26/2011 Claybasket said:

Yes, try Bio-Oil. It is created for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin and dehydrated skin. When I heard "oil" I thought, ulk! However, this oil is very light and absorbs immediately like magic! It does not rub off at all and has hardly any scent. It can be purchased at the drug stores and Wal-Mart, maybe Target. Great product!

I second the Bio-Oil. I've been using it on some biopsy sites and now they are barely noticeable. My friend who just had a baby has also been using it and she has noticed some improvement.

kris011298739805.373104 PostsRegistered 4/9/2010

stretch marks are caused by exactly what they are named for- the skin stretching. keeping the skin moisturized can help with the marks.i have had great success with the Bio-oil on my surgery scars or you could also try the palmers stretch mark formula. applying 2x a day will be the most helpful.

NovaStar1298746661.6071323 PostsRegistered 11/9/2010

Strivectin was originally developed for stretch marks. So that might be worth trying. I've used Mederma on scars. So that is another idea.

Also a really good support bra.

Skylands1298746995.526609 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010
On 2/25/2011 Twitter said:

Anyone know if there is any cream, lotion, ect. that would help my 13 year old daughter. Her breasts have grown so fast in the last six months she now has stretch marks on them. She is now a 32C and still growing. Any suggestions?

Seriously!!!! You're worried about a 13 year olds stretch marks! March her into the plastic surgeon!!! Really, let her be and enjoy herself! Why not refocus her energy in a positive direction. The way you've got her headed isn't healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jujube1298771512.2532699 PostsRegistered 12/21/2004facebook.com/judy.kardos

jeez, i havent been on this board for awhile and this was my first post to read, i see the nastiness has gotten even worse.....sigh. Will not be back, however, to the OP, i had this exact issue growing up and many women who are naturally endowed have stretch marks, i think it is more common than uncommon..... the above suggestions are good to sort of smooth out the skin and make it look nice and a nice suntan (without overdoing it) hides a multitude of flaws. Tell her not to worry about it, i am sure she notices them more than anyone else, especially the boys.....i am sure she will have many admirers even with the stretch marks! lolllll. Trust me, i have been there and I can give her a list of guys who never noticed the stretch marks, wink wink. Take care.

Love me, love my cats:)

Blondelle1298786166.6834268 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

There are lasers that can fade them. Let her try all the other solutions and see if they will go away by themselves. I wouldn't do anything else about them now. Just let her know that when she gets older if they still bother her there are treatments for them. That will make her feel better about them as she will know they can be made less noticeable. Tell her lots of girls would trade a few stretchmarks for larger boobs :-).

lovemygigi1298788156.7935095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

Wow, to some of the responses!

My daughter also went through this at that age. She used Palmers Cocoa Butter (in the tub) and they faded over time. Some people (weight NOT an issue!) are more prone to them. My daughter also had them on her hips and she used the Coacoa Butter there also.

You are a good mom to help her address this!

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

Make Up Ma­iden1298816702.003508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Hi jujube -

Please try not to leave this Board.

I, for one, read what you have to say, find what you have to say so invaluable, and will miss you. :-(( Yet I can understand why you feel you need to leave .. I just wish it was different.

Will miss your spirit and your contributions, but also, I understand if you feel you need to leave. Good luck with whatever you decide....

Last edited on 2/27/2011

Last edited on 2/27/2011

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

Twitter1298833209.56336 PostsRegistered 4/17/2009

Thank all who responded with positive replies. Much appreciated. The negative replies were not appreciated. I was only concerned because she was upset about the stretch marks. She is not overweight. In fact she is slim in statue. I believe this is inherited from her grandmother who has very large breasts. Not inherited from me. Again, thanks for all of the positive responses. The negative responses were totally uncalled for.

Lannie1298840389.0032049 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/27/2011 Twitter said:

Thank all who responded with positive replies. Much appreciated. The negative replies were not appreciated. I was only concerned because she was upset about the stretch marks. She is not overweight. In fact she is slim in statue. I believe this is inherited from her grandmother who has very large breasts. Not inherited from me. Again, thanks for all of the positive responses. The negative responses were totally uncalled for.

Twitter - I think some of the creams mentioned might help, they are certainly worth a try. Consistency in using them might be the key. I also know how sensitive a 13 yr old can be. My daughter "developed" at age 12 and it seemed like I was buying her a larger bra every week for a while!

I have to take issue with you on what you call "negative" responses - you were WAY too kind in calling them negative - they are just unbelievably rude, crude, insensitive, and insulting to a mother and daughter.

I hope these type of posters stay away from this Beauty Board, but unfortunately they keep popping up on a lot of posts lately. It is not pleasant to have to deal with this type of hurtful behavior. It was totally uncalled for.

Wish you and your daughter well - you sound like a nice, caring Mom!

quadmimi1298842524.337598 PostsRegistered 12/27/2010Mission Tx

Please don't pay any attention to anyone who would say anything unkind...it doesn't matter what our age if something bothers us it bothers us!!! Why else would people come here, to learn an share ideas, if your 100 or 13...I am using a product called trilastin...its expensive but helping my stomach area..i think if you went on their website they could advice you..www.trilastin.com they have a live person you can contact for questions...good luck an hugs to you and your daughter...:)

FUTURE1298843326.53311954 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
I'm afraid I won't be of much help, as I didn't really have much of a problem in that area (lol), but I wanted to say that I enjoyed your remark to those who were rude and hateful. If your daughter brought it up and it is bothering her, I think even a lotion or cream or something would help. As another poster said, she will at least feel like she is doing something about it. I think ignoring the issue can be as harmful as making a bigger deal about the problem. But that's just my two cents. :) Just letting your daughter know it will pass will help, too. I remember being a teenager--everything is a bigger deal than it should be, but that doesn't matter at the time. :)

Page 1 of 2