Better Than Black Friday
89 Members and 17029 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

QVC Host Hair

Started 1295373299.41 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1295379928.833 by always wrong never right

I will begin by stating that I have always HATED my own hair. Fine but coarse and naturally curly, as an adult, I have to keep it at least "nape of my neck" length or I look like a Brillo pad and HATE that look the most, I think it is very aging and silly at the same time. So it is usually to my mid back, but recently cut again to the nape for one of my high school's Locks of Love drives.

That said, why do Patti, Lisa, Mary Beth, Jill, Carolyn, Gabrielle, Leah, Linda (the Fashionless friend) and Pat James Dementri all seem to want their hair to make their heads look like pinheads lost in seas of hair? I think they really need some new stylist to come in and give these women some flattering and cute cuts to replace their current shapeless manes. Most of these women are aging, and change is good when it fits your age. All you Shawn haters, at least her hair is cute, perky and stylish. Not an Amy fan, but she too has a young and stylish look.

If sharing an opinion makes you appear angry, then the receiver of the opinion should look in the mirror!

Page 1 of 1
naturalfan1295374020.5534299 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

I commented in a few other threads that I like Shawn's hair - I think she looks fantastic with that haircut. I also like Amy's hair quite a lot too They look like they are up to date and not throwbacks to the disco era. Now I have to say the late Farrah Fawcett had fantastic hair through the years. Don't think she ever had short hair but she did update the style from time to time. Of course she started out with a wonderful head of hair. Some of those longer styles now are starting to seem quite dated.

always wro­ng never right1295374805.1432007 PostsRegistered 12/20/2006Chicago, Illinois

I did not know Farah Fawcett was a QVC host.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Last edited on 1/18/2011

Last edited on 1/18/2011

If sharing an opinion makes you appear angry, then the receiver of the opinion should look in the mirror!

WSfan1295375370.192148 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I first want to say that this is just my observation.....Patti-too much hair, hardly can see her face. Lisa-can't tell what's her hair and what isn't. She need a new look. MaryBeth-liked her hair better when she wore it short. Longer hair ages her; she needs a new 'do. Jill-don't care for her hair since she came back after her father's death. Looks like she needs a haircut. Carolyn-don't mind her hair. Leah-when she wears it pulled back, it's her hair. Any other way, it's a wig. She also needs a new 'do. Linda, the 'fashion friend'-too much hair, hard to see her face at times. Pat Dementri-can't stand how she swings her hair around all the time. Jayne Brown-glad that she's let hers grow out a little. Jane Treacy-sometimes a little too short, but for the most part, her hair looks nice. Shawn-like her hair style.

My hair is not perfect by any means; fine and straight. These are just my opinions.

Sooner1295375956.99315442 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have a different take on hair than a lot of people. I think hair isn't about hair. It is supposed to frame and enhance your face. I don't think Patti's pageant hair is flattering to her or shows off her face. It is great hair, but it doesn't do anything for her. Lisa R. and Pat have hair that is too long and doesn't really do much for their face either I think. It just sort of hangs there.

Yes, I think a lot of the hairstyles are dated and the men's (who even has hair among them) are very very dated and pitiful looking. They REALLY need to groom some of those guys--especially the vendors.

Kathleen1295376266.46713320 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

I think if the hosts are happy with their hair - so be it.

Their hair ... their head.

naturalfan1295376753.654299 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009
On 1/18/2011 passerby said:

I did not know Farah Fawcett was a QVC host.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Last edited on 1/18/2011

I meant she always had long hair but updated it from time to time to look more current. The original poster talked about long hair.

momcat1295376809.0336438 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

Oh, wow. A hair bashing post that points out that everyone's hair, EXCEPT Shawn's Robin Hood do looks bad. The other gals look like they are having some fun with their hair. IMO they look just fine. And, more importantly their hairdo doesn't take away from their product descriptions. If I recall, just recently one of the hosts (can't remember her name) got her hair cut and this board was filled with negatives on it.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

WSfan1295377052.9172148 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I think that you are referring to Jaque. I thought her new hair cut looked just fine. Since she broke her ankle and needed surgery, don't know when we'll be seeing her again.

rudy1295377669.812356 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005

OMG, Shawn has the worst haircut (and old-school aging color) of any female host. As someone said, it looks like a mushroom and she's in major need of a hair makeover. Amy and Jacque have very stylish, modern cuts and beautiful color.

momcat1295378572.0976438 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010
On 1/18/2011 rudy said:

OMG, Shawn has the worst haircut (and old-school aging color) of any female host. As someone said, it looks like a mushroom and she's in major need of a hair makeover. Amy and Jacque have very stylish, modern cuts and beautiful color.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

SuziQ21295379009.6672542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

Sounds like the OP is really into short hair! Maybe because it doesn't look good on her? Sorry to hear that, but many of us "older" gals don't want real short hair. I had it short during my 30's and 40's and now have it longer than I used to. Hubbie is liking it longer and it doesn't look bad when I curl it with steam curlers. It's those lazy days when I pull it up on the sides that isn't as good.....but I never go out in public that way.

Why is it once you hit 35 everybody thinks you should wear super short hair? I think Janes hair is just too short and her ears are large, so it isn't very flattering on her. The straight styles are what ages you.....not when its curled. Straight hair only looks good on the young....softness is needed as we age.

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

SuziQ21295379010.8972542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

Sounds like the OP is really into short hair! Maybe because it doesn't look good on her? Sorry to hear that, but many of us "older" gals don't want real short hair. I had it short during my 30's and 40's and now have it longer than I used to. Hubbie is liking it longer and it doesn't look bad when I curl it with steam curlers. It's those lazy days when I pull it up on the sides that isn't as good.....but I never go out in public that way.

Why is it once you hit 35 everybody thinks you should wear super short hair? I think Janes hair is just too short and her ears are large, so it isn't very flattering on her. The straight styles are what ages you.....not when its curled. Straight hair only looks good on the young....softness is needed as we age.

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

SweetWood ­Max1295379198.1512239 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

My hairdresser and I were talking about this and she said many women want to have longer hair and refuse to get it cut. For whatever reason they think it makes them look younger and they feel more secure with it. I

Also known as Maxs-Grandma!

Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color

Sooner1295379219.515442 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/18/2011 SuziQ2 said:

Oh it could be later than 35. It is just that when the face and other things start to droop, droopy hair only makes it all look droopier. You need a little lift and fluff at that point. And Grandma above is right: It was hard hard hard for me to cut my hair in my early 40's but I thought I needed a change and an update because I'd always had shoulder length hair. That cut and color took years off my appearance and I felt like a new person. It was a change yes, and a dramatic one. But I wouldn't go back for anything.

And for me, I was sort of hiding behind my hair. . . really. It was a psychological thing. I'd panic when I got it trimmed. But that's a whole other thread! LOL!!

Last edited on 1/18/2011

Last edited on 1/18/2011

ford12241295379532.8333586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010
On 1/18/2011 MaxsGrandma said:

My hairdresser and I were talking about this and she said many women want to have longer hair and refuse to get it cut. For whatever reason they think it makes them look younger and they feel more secure with it. I

That's because most hairdressers want to CUT, CUT, CUT. I know, because my own daughter is a hairdresser and she is well known for her excellent cutting. she keeps my white hair shoulder length in a graduated cut which is very flattering. I do not look good in short hair anymore because it is thinning and I hate that "see through" look when the hair is short and you can see the scalp.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

always wro­ng never right1295379856.522007 PostsRegistered 12/20/2006Chicago, Illinois

I am not "into" short hair. I think the QVC hosts have hideous hair and most are WAY, WAY to old for high school hair that appears very unflattering to their faces. They look like pinheads, or maybe pin cushions.

always wro­ng never right1295379928.832007 PostsRegistered 12/20/2006Chicago, Illinois
On 1/18/2011 passerby said:

I am not "into" short hair. I think the QVC hosts have hideous hair and most are WAY, WAY to old for high school hair that appears very unflattering to their faces. They look like pinheads, or maybe pin cushions. I believe that I also said curls are aging, which you confirm when you feel the aging need curls.

Geez, I never thought that stating a fairly accurate comment about QVC hosts hair would encite such bullying. My point was, THEY NEED A HAIR STYLIST.

Last edited on 1/18/2011

Last edited on 1/18/2011

Page 1 of 1