Christmas in July(R) Sale
128 Members and 11766 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WEN POMEGRANATE THE BEST HAIR CARE ADVICE FOR BLACK WOMEN

Started 1289628055.783 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1298071203.367 by Cresm8r1908

I am a black women and this is the best hair care tip EVER I can share with women of color. I am over the moon about the SHINE!!!!!! This is the best hair care product on the planet! I did not think it could get any better but I was soooo wrong. I started using Wen Feb 9 2010 and since then my hair went from the chopping block back to my lions main healthy, growing, strong, long, thick. Now with this new formula SHINNY Chaz you have done for my hair what Doctors could not do and I went to Bosley. The Pomegranate Cleansing Conditions is the Best period. Do not wait; get yours now if you want your hair to grow because it does make your hair grow. I have to buy another bottle tonight because this is so good I have to have my sister and my friends (who are already Wen users) experience this now and tomorrow morning this bottle is making the rounds, I think I will have it bronzed! Its 12:22 and I just finished washing and drying my hair at 12:00 and I had to stop myself from calling my sister and waking her up to tell her how great this is (AND YES THIS IS WORTH WAKING UP FOR). This is great for yourself, for gifts and just because. To me, love me Pomegranate is a must if you want the healthiest hair you have ever had in your entire life. Just a note on the smell it has the same base notes of all the other flavors but it smell has the smooth, organic, holistic naturally sweet smell of Pomegranate and it is hard to describe you have to smell for yourself you will not be disappointed.

P.S. Chaz, 32oz as soon as possible!

Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 4 ...10Next
Luia1289632030.493179 PostsRegistered 9/16/2010

Ascendingphoenix,

You are so right. I have been using WEN since June and my hair has never felt so good. I would love to try the Pomegranate but I have a gallon of the Fig, AD of the 32oz SAM and 16oz bottles of the TT and Lavender. I think I have enough to last awhile.

May I ask if your hair is natural or chemically treated. I am trying to stay away from the creamy crack. Its hard{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I am looking for more tips to take care of my hair.

ascendingp­hoenix1289632708.14316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010
On 11/13/2010 Luia said:

Ascendingphoenix,

You are so right. I have been using WEN since June and my hair has never felt so good. I would love to try the Pomegranate but I have a gallon of the Fig, AD of the 32oz SAM and 16oz bottles of the TT and Lavender. I think I have enough to last awhile.

May I ask if your hair is natural or chemically treated. I am trying to stay away from the creamy crack. Its hard{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

You are to much "creamy crack"{#emotions_dlg.lol} stay away and don't look back just keep going. My Hair has been natural since my mom passed away in April 2004 from cancer. I just stopped caring about it or anything else for that matter I stopped combing it and everything and the damage I thought was irreparable until Wen. If you use it like Chaz says especially with the New WEN Pomegranate and take care of your hair it will do things and respond in ways you never thought possible, like when I work out every day and I wash my hair every day when I am working out and instead of breaking off it get better and better. Who would have thought washing would be good for your hair

ascendingp­hoenix1289632961.09316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010
On 11/13/2010 Luia said:

Ascendingphoenix,

By the way I have two gallons of Wen Tea Tree and Sweet Almond mind and I will tell you that it is beyond worth it to try the Pomegranate. You will only regret not trying it sooner. If for no other reason than the shine and there are many other reasons!

Dattie1289633456.837452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.

Thanks for the good review. I have not had a relaxer in a year. I use the Lavender. I hope to get some of this.

Jennifer

Luia1289633645.743179 PostsRegistered 9/16/2010

Your right. I think I might get some for my sister-in-law to try. She has four kids so she doen't spend much on herself. Plus if she gets hooked I won't have to take my own when I visit{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Do you use the styling products?

ascendingp­hoenix1289634280.073316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010

I just realized that I forgot to say that I since using when I don't have to blow dry my hair anymore the only reason I am blow drying it now is because I went to the doctors and they told me I have Bronchitis so I can't walk around with my hair wet until I am totally better. I don't want it to turn into waking pneumonia{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. My hair has grown to almost down to my but and before I got sick I would wash it and then just twist it into a bun put a towel head wrap on it for about fifteen minutes and I was off and running. I have NEVER been able to do that in my life before WEN. I discovered I could do that when I started working out again and I was too lazy to blow dry it. Now I don't have to.

ascendingp­hoenix1289634658.637316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010
On 11/13/2010 Luia said:

Your right. I think I might get some for my sister-in-law to try. She has four kids so she doen't spend much on herself. Plus if she gets hooked I won't have to take my own when I visit{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Do you use the styling products?

Great plan I would try that but my sister would scalp me. You can only get high on your own supply; and my sister made a pack to only buy WEN for ourselves that way there is no pressure to buy for one another if we can't afford to and we can take care of ourselves without the guilt factor. But we can share Wen it is the true definition of a gift that it when it benefits the giver as well as the receiver{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I do use the styling product I love the oils, re-moist hydrating mask and the styling cream is one of my main products to slick down my ponytail or for added moister and I use the balm too.

Last edited on 11/13/2010

ascendingp­hoenix1289635091.227316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010
On 11/13/2010 Dattie said:

Thanks for the good review. I have not had a relaxer in a year. I use the Lavender. I hope to get some of this.

Let me know what you think when you do. I be watching this thread and I would love it if your shared your experience.

Luia1289657302.857179 PostsRegistered 9/16/2010
On 11/13/2010 ascendingphoenix said:

I just realized that I forgot to say that I since using when I don't have to blow dry my hair anymore the only reason I am blow drying it now is because I went to the doctors and they told me I have Bronchitis so I can't walk around with my hair wet until I am totally better. I don't want it to turn into waking pneumonia{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. My hair has grown to almost down to my but and before I got sick I would wash it and then just twist it into a bun put a towel head wrap on it for about fifteen minutes and I was off and running. I have NEVER been able to do that in my life before WEN. I discovered I could do that when I started working out again and I was too lazy to blow dry it. Now I don't have to.

I only blew my hair dry after my first use, now I let it air dry and then I flat iron it. It use to take me so long to blow dry. I have really really really thick course hair. I would have to relax every 6 weeks. Last week I just let it dry and let it do what it wanted to do. I am still getting use to the wave. Now I have the choice to wear it straight or wavy. My husband is white and he never understood all the trouble I went through to do my hair. Why I had to buy different shampoo for myself, the relaxer, the time spent. But now, he doesn't get yelled at when he touches my hair. lol

Latonya1289660911.7674179 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

I do use the styling product I love the oils, re-moist hydrating mask and the styling cream is one of my main products to slick down my ponytail or for added moister and I use the balm too.

Thank you so much for posting this. I've read all of the online consumer reviews for this fragrance and I think there was only 1 reviewer with AA hair who recommended it but she didn't really go into detail. I try to watch every WEN presentation hoping they give details and tips regarding what they used on the AA model but they don't give the AA model (if they have one) any air time, she usually sits there on the end as the clock runs down. I get so frustrated.

I started using WEN about 6 weeks ago. I bought the Fig set (balm, conditioner, styling creme, oil). After 1 use the way Chaz recommends on page 35 of the booklet for AA hair, my hair was gorgeous. I don't think I would have attained such good results if I didn't use all of the styling products in addition to the cleansing conditioner.

I have been natural for more than 3 years. My goal is to wear my natural curls but I can never get beyond kinky, afro so I either air or blow dry and then flat iron. The result compairs to a fresh relaxer. If I can't wear my curls I'd love to be able to blow it straight and stop using the flat iron. I'd also love to wash it every 3 or so days because I am noticing my hair gets better and better each time I cleanse. I'm currently cleansing every 10 days it just takes so long to cleanse, air/blow dry and then flat iron. My hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders. When I started using WEN 6 weeks ago, my hair was just touching my shoulders...the stuff works (even with all of the heat)!

I recently purchased the remoist mask/oil combo in Lavender. I haven't used the remoist mask. I can't get over having to use it after cleansing because I want to sleep in it in order to receive the full benefit of the mask, but don't want to sleep in wet hair. Do you use remoist after cleansing and then wash it out? Unless I misunderstood your post, it seems you use it as a leave-in?

Thank you so much for posting this. I was going to create one asking about Pom for AA hair but you beat me to it.

Latonya1289660966.244179 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

Hi Miss Dattie! Stay away from the relaxer!

Latonya1289661210.454179 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

Oh, another thing...A mazon also sells WEN products. Depending on what you are buying you can find good deals. They have 12 oz of the replenishing treatment mist (double what the Q sells it for) for under $30, some with FREE S&H. This is less than what he Q sells half the size for. I purchased 2 mists in SAM. I noticed they are now selling lavender 12 oz for 29.95, FREE S&H.

Also, they have the remoist masks for under $50. I bought mine from the Q in a set to get a better deal but I will buy just the mask next time from A mazon if I get good results from it...once I figure out the best way to use it, that tiny jar is expensive.

Cresm8r19081289662224.3433511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed

Glad to see this/these review(s)!!

This is a MESSAGE Board...NOT a MESSY Board.

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

JMFINLEY0011289663755.2338529 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

Thanks for posting your review!!!!!I have been on Auto delivery of the Fig for about 4 yrs now and I love the Fig for its moisturizing properties,but would love to try this new one for the shine-I may have to give it a try!!!!!!!!Thanks

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

Cresm8r19081289664105.1973511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

PBJ1289664173.4436821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Hi ladies!

Thanks for the reviews! I watched the presentation last night and I'm ready to take the WEN plunge again. I've sacrificed and now I'm happy to be able to treat myself again in small ways. I'm going to try the Pomegranite.

I'm natural and I've use the styling creme (fig?)-just a tiny, tiny amount-for blow drying. Talk about silky-straight and glossy! Just as straight or straighter than when I had a relaxer.

I think switching back to WEN will enable me to stay natural instead of using a relaxer or BKT.

Any TSV's coming up soon?Smile

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrAKAHLF1289664987.713896 PostsRegistered 7/30/2008Detroit, MI

I'm gonna have to try the Pom cleasing conditioner. I am auto-delivery for the TSV Chaz had last month or so. I used all of the products in that kit together and my hair felt really good.

I have been natural for 10 years and I have highlighted hair...so it gets kinda dry.

Good luck to everyone in getting/maintaining healthy natural hair!

"If I can't change the people around me, I change the people around me."

Latonya1289665313.5434179 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006
On 11/13/2010 PBJ said:

Hi ladies!

Thanks for the reviews! I watched the presentation last night and I'm ready to take the WEN plunge again. I've sacrificed and now I'm happy to be able to treat myself again in small ways. I'm going to try the Pomegranite.

I'm natural and I've use the styling creme (fig?)-just a tiny, tiny amount-for blow drying. Talk about silky-straight and glossy! Just as straight or straighter than when I had a relaxer.

I think switching back to WEN will enable me to stay natural instead of using a relaxer or BKT.

Hey PBJ!

I read in another WEN thread that there will be a Dec TSV w/5 16ouncers where Pom replaces Cucumber so I guess it consists of Fig, Lavender, Tea Tree, SAM & Pom.

Apple203395

Pic isn't up and I don't think the TSV date was mentioned.

PBJ1289668351.2576821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 11/13/2010 Latonya said:
On 11/13/2010 PBJ said:

Hi ladies!

Hey PBJ!

I read in another WEN thread that there will be a Dec TSV w/5 16ouncers where Pom replaces Cucumber so I guess it consists of Fig, Lavender, Tea Tree, SAM & Pom.

Apple203395

Pic isn't up and I don't think the TSV date was mentioned.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cresm8r19081289675157.9073511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed

Seeing alot of folks on this thread!!! waving at everyone!!!

Dattie1289683511.8737452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.

Hey Latonya, PBJ Cresm8r, and everyone. Good to see you all. I last posted on our Diva site. I've been trying to win a 6 oz on Ebay but keep getting outbid. Have a great day ladies and here's to good hair and health.

Jennifer

Dattie1289684024.537452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.
On 11/13/2010 Luia said:

Ascendingphoenix,

May I ask if your hair is natural or chemically treated. I am trying to stay away from the creamy crack. Its hard{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}<br /> <br /> I am looking for more tips to take care of my hair.

By the way I have two gallons of Wen Tea Tree and Sweet Almond mind and I will tell you that it is beyond worth it to try the Pomegranate. You will only regret not trying it sooner. If for no other reason than the shine and there are many other reasons!

Anyone with a lot of the Tea Tree shampoo, I have been wanting some. I will pay if you will send me some, thanks.

Jennifer

Dattie1289684424.247452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.

Latonya, which booklet do you have that gives directions for our hair? I have the first booket from the first beauty bash. I'm probably not getting the full results if I'm not using it as he says. I looked, my pamphlet doesn't have a page 35. How does he say to use it? You can send me an e-mail. thanks.

Jennifer

SRay1289689720.7277 PostsRegistered 11/2/2006

Thank you for posting. My girlfriend had been trying to get me to use wen for many months and I thought that it wasn't for me because we don't share the same hair texture. I guess she got sick of me not taking the plunge so she brought me a bottle from her collection. I've been hooked ver since. I love the stuff and have several gallons of wen. I won't live without the stuff. I do relax my hair but the time in between touch ups has increased a great deal. The wen products had my hair unbelievably shiny and healthy. I did have to learn a hard lesson, which I'll share with you. I work out several times each week so I sometimes so I often put in gel and wear a bun. A few months ago I acted on a not so smart idea to wash my hair with shampoo. well, that was huge mistake. I shampooed about three weeks in a row and began to notice after the second time that my hair had lost its lustre. I will never do that again. Lesson learned. Stick with wen and never, never shampoo. I haven't gotten back to the beautiful shine I had before I shampooed yet but each time I wen my hair, the improvement is noticable . I did try the pomegranate for the first time last week and it is the best of the lot. It smells divine. I will certainly load up on this when it's available in the larger bottles. I can't say enough good things about this product.

Hair Today­ Gone Tomorrow1289697134.831735 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

I am a black women and this is the best hair care tip EVER I can share with women of color. I am over the moon about the SHINE!!!!!! This is the best hair care product on the planet! I did not think it could get any better but I was soooo wrong. I started using Wen Feb 9 2010 and since then my hair went from the chopping block back to my lions main healthy, growing, strong, long, thick. Now with this new formula SHINNY Chaz you have done for my hair what Doctors could not do and I went to Bosley. The Pomegranate Cleansing Conditions is the Best period. Do not wait; get yours now if you want your hair to grow because it does make your hair grow. I have to buy another bottle tonight because this is so good I have to have my sister and my friends (who are already Wen users) experience this now and tomorrow morning this bottle is making the rounds, I think I will have it bronzed! Its 12:22 and I just finished washing and drying my hair at 12:00 and I had to stop myself from calling my sister and waking her up to tell her how great this is (AND YES THIS IS WORTH WAKING UP FOR). This is great for yourself, for gifts and just because. To me, love me Pomegranate is a must if you want the healthiest hair you have ever had in your entire life. Just a note on the smell it has the same base notes of all the other flavors but it smell has the smooth, organic, holistic naturally sweet smell of Pomegranate and it is hard to describe you have to smell for yourself you will not be disappointed.

P.S. Chaz, 32oz as soon as possible!

ascendingphoenix thank you so much for this post. Chaz doesn't read the boards however I do pass along posts like these immediately so he's got this one and it will make his day. I work with Chaz so I don't discuss product specifics as I'm not here to sell it but want to make sure issues, concerns and suggestions are passed along and addressed wherever possible. We hear you on the 32 oz, not to mention gallons in June. Our TSV is 12/6 and Pomegranate is a part of it. Thanks again for your wonderful words.

Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 4 ...10Next