TSV(R) Preview
12 Members and 10944 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WEN - Curly Hair Question

Started 1283893525.857 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1283900940.263 by iluvagoo
replies

I have thick curly/wavy hair that I actually like to wear curly. I am not looking to straighten it. I have to be careful about hair products because some products, like a heavy conditioner, will actually weigh my curls down and my hair looks worse. Right now, after I shower, I use a curl defining creme and spray gel. I turn my head upside down and scrunch until it is dry and I have nice wavy curls. I wash my hair everyday, it is highlighted and shoulder length.

Here is the question - do any ladies with curly hair use WEN and actually wear their hair curly. I find that a lot of ladies with curly hair want to straighten it and that is not my situation. If so, how does WEN work on curly hair? Does it make your curls look better or your hair more limp? Which WEN do you use? Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
mommy3231283895326.59835 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

Hi Daisypap, Now that my hair is long (more than half way down my back) I love leaving my natural curls intact on most days. Once in a while I will straighten it. I don't wash it everyday, because my hair is thin/medium thick and all the years of coloring dried out my hair. I still have a huge chunk left to go before all my color treated hair is finally cut off.

Wen is PERFECT for curly hair. My curls are more defined and shiny. Right now I am using the Fig and right this second I have the his lavender oil in my hair as a treatment before I wash. With Wen I don't need a lot of product after my wash. I just use 2 pumps of the conditioner as a leave-in and a quarter size amount of the styling creme(I need to get more, am almost out) I use the sweet almond mint and use 1/2 dropper full of the oil mixed in. As my hair dries I just seperate the curls and fluff. My curls are not weighed down and my hair feels so hydrated. Even the crunchy ends of my hair aren't crunchy anymore! I don't always only use Fig, I love the SAM and the Lavender. They really leave my hair nice. You can always give the smaller sizes a try to see it you like it. :)

VaBelle351283895431.1639598 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I have short, curly hair and I wear it curly and straight depending on my mood and how much time I have. I use the Fig and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. It gives me nice curls.

QVC Shopper since 1993

Lizzie76771283895800.561628 PostsRegistered 7/16/2006Mass

I have type 3b curly hair and I also use wen. I use Fig and Lavender. These are the most moisturing for me. I sometimes will use a dime size amount of lavender as a leave in. I don't use fig as a leave in because for me, it weighs down my curls.

I cleanse usually every other day. I do wet my hair everyday so that I can put use my LA sport gel. I am hoping that the replenishing spray will allow me not to have to wet my hair on my off days of cleansing.

ETA: I forgot to answer if it makes my curls any better. My curls look and feel the same whether I use Wen or my normal Suave coconut conditioner. Wen for me is a luxury item I like to splurge on when I can find a good deal like the TSV the other day. It is not my only cleansing product.

Last edited on 9/7/2010

Last edited on 9/7/2010

Daisypap1283896572.87223 PostsRegistered 6/6/2006

For some reason, I just can't seem to bite the bullet and order WEN. I don't know if it is the cost, or the somewhat confusing application process, or which scent to get. Should I get a discovery kit and try all of the different formulations? For some reason, that just feels like I am wasting money if one of them doesn't work for me.

azterry1283897456.6436341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ

I have very, very thick wavy/curly hair and I use SAM and Lavender. I am having very good results with WEN. I never straighten my hair and find less frizz and nicely defined curls. Oh, and I wash every day.

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~

UMTerpFan1283898813.9571734 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I have very fine naturally curly hair and I wear it curly. I do not blow dry it, I let my hair dry naturally by turning my head upside down and scrunching under my ceiling fan. I didn't like the Fig, it was too hard to wash out and left a film in my hair. I like Tea Tree as the primary mixed with a little Cucumber Aloe the best. I do not leave any in and from the threads I've read, most curly haired gals didn't seem to leave any in after the last rinse. I also use a dab of moroccan oil, a dab of Living Proof Full Volume followed by a dab of TGI Curls Rock Curl Amplifyer emulsified in wet hands then scrunched into my curls. I've been using WEN for about 3 months now and I wash every other day. I've tried all the flavors and for me, I think the TT and Cucumber Aloe work the best on my hair but each person's hair is different and what works for some might not for others.

itsMe1283898872.283739 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

Hi Daisy, My hair is very fine. It's curly, but the curls are easily weighed down, and they do fall with Wen. But, I still love Wen because my hair is in better condition than with anything else I've ever used. I just ordered the TSV in Tea Tree and am excited to be trying that one.

As for where to start, it's probably a good idea to get a try-me, as it will let you try all of them. But I agree with you about not wanting to waste any. I started with the Lavender Volumizing kit, but only liked the Cleansing Conditioner. It didn't make sense to keep the whole kit, so I sent it back and ordered the 32oz cleansing conditioner. That worked out well for me. It was about 15 months ago.

eta: There is a styling product called HerCut for curly hair that really enhances and hold the curl. I used a sample of their curly bob product (after Wenning) on Sunday, and was really pleased with the way it held my curls. It wasn't sticky and had good hold, but it also caused a few minor tangles. I'd like to try this again, but the jury is out.

Last edited on 9/7/2010

Last edited on 9/7/2010

Mummadukes1283900489.3971817 PostsRegistered 3/5/2010

I have thick wavy/curly hair that I now love thanks to Wen. It was always too frizzy to let air dry. I wasted years and years on blowdrying and straightening and adding more and more product. I always used the best and most expensive products with no luck.

I cleanse with Fig to get the maximum moisture for my curls, but for a leave-in, I use 1 pump of Sweet Almond Mint. I am finding that this mixture keeps the most bounce. I LOVE and embrace my curls now thanks to Chaz and Wen!!!

Coarse and wavy, color-treated brown (for the gray) with low lights hypothyroid hair. My faves: Fig, WCM, SMC and WVM!!

iluvagoo1283900940.263172 PostsRegistered 1/8/2008

I have wavy curly hair, lots of it but on the medium side. I do color my hair about once every three to four months. I use fig after I get it colored and lavendar after it is back in shape. I finally love my curls! My hair is halfway down my back and I use one pump of lavendar as a leave in and two pumps of styling cream. I let my hair air dry or diffuse and it looks great, no frizzies. If it needs texture I use the balm. Sometimes I use the volumizing spray with the balm for volume when I scrunch.

Page 1 of 1