Super Contributor

BE Ready Eye Shadow/Blush Warning

I wanted to let others know that you need to be very careful with the Ready Eye Shadows and Blush in the compacts.

I accidently dropped two compacts on my bathroom tile floor. The compacts were closed tight, they just fell off the counter when reaching for something. Both opened up upon impact and the trays that hold the color came out and both the blush and eye color came completely out and cracked in pieces all over the tile. The trays that hold the color did not stay intact nor did the colors. There was no way to save the colors and it made a terrible mess on my tile and rugs.

I used to complain about the loose minerals, but at least you only lost what was on the outside of the sifter. The little containers never broke like this. But, these compacts are not secure and are very flimsy in design. Yes, it was my fault they broke, but anyone can drop these by accident for any reason. I was so upset that the compact opened up. It wouldn't have scattered all over the place if it was made more secure. Plus, the colors are loose even in the Ready compacts.

I just wanted to help others avoid the mess and the loss.

Super Contributor

Re: BE Ready Eye Shadow/Blush Warning

Apple Head I'm sorry that happened to you....I do want to thank you for letting us know about the compacts....so the e/c n blush wasn't glued into the compact? Most of them (other products) are glued into the compact.. Thx..
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 vmnsc said: Apple Head I'm sorry that happened to you....I do want to thank you for letting us know about the compacts....so the e/c n blush wasn't glued into the compact? Most of them (other products) are glued into the compact.. Thx..

You're very welcome. I thought it was odd that they just fell out and that the compact opened up upon falling, even on the rug. I lost those colors and it's a shame. At least the loose minerals when the jar falls, the lid doesn't come off.

Oh well, and of course, it had to be the colors I like the best. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor

Even had they been glued, they would have shattered. I had a glued in set and accidentally dropped them. They were history!

Regular Contributor

I had a similar experience with Laura Geller's BnB & one of her blushes some years back. In fact, twice in a 6 month period. I couldn't believe it & talk about a mess.

Valued Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Apple Head said:
On 3/10/2015 vmnsc said: Apple Head I'm sorry that happened to you....I do want to thank you for letting us know about the compacts....so the e/c n blush wasn't glued into the compact? Most of them (other products) are glued into the compact.. Thx..

You're very welcome. I thought it was odd that they just fell out and that the compact opened up upon falling, even on the rug. I lost those colors and it's a shame. At least the loose minerals when the jar falls, the lid doesn't come off.

Oh well, and of course, it had to be the colors I like the best. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I would call qvc and tell them what happened..They should not have done that falling on a rug..They might let you return it for naother one..Worth a try.

Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 MidNight said:
On 3/10/2015 Apple Head said:

I would call qvc and tell them what happened..They should not have done that falling on a rug..They might let you return it for naother one..Worth a try.

I agree. QVC did make good on this for me.