Respected Contributor

But the foundation is just not good for older skin. I got my bare minerals out and tried it and it just caked in my lines. I am currently using Emani from Evine - it is a serum foundation - all natural and am loving how it makes my skin look.

Super Contributor

Have you tried the BareSkin liquid foundation from BE? Its light and illuminizing. I prefer it over the powder.

Respected Contributor
On 3/9/2015 BornAgain said:

Have you tried the BareSkin liquid foundation from BE? Its light and illuminizing. I prefer it over the powder.

Yes, if you're already a BE girl, just give their new serum foundation a try. It's wonderful, IMO, and a good alternative if you no longer are happy with the minerals.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I loved the loose Bare Minerals, but it didn't like me. The Bizmuth Oxychloride (sp) in it made me it*ch like crazy! I'm not crazy about the Ready.

The TSV kit today looks really nice. I hope all who get it enjoy!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor
Gave up on the loose bare minerals years ago -- my skin looks so much better with a liquid foundation! No regrets here!
Respected Contributor

I agree, I have tried it twice, two different shades and it just didn't work for me. Not that old, 50 something, but have wrinkles on my cheeks. It's beautiful on my daughters 27 year old skin though. Oh to be young again.

Respected Contributor

I gave up on BE (used for 20+ years!) at age 58. Too many people were commenting that I looked dry. Switched to IT and sometimes Pur Minerals and my skin looks great once again.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Loved the bare minerals powder till I reached my 60s then it did nothing for me, made my skin look dull and flat. I do like their liquid foundation though.

Respected Contributor

At age 59 I can still wear bare minerals original (not matte) loose powder and often do. However, even with a perceived hassle, which personally I love to do to make products work even better... I mix 1/2 bare minerals with 1/2 Smashbox Halo, and get an even better end result. Too many loose minerals are more powdery vs creamy and won't meld with skin the way these do. Both bare minerals and Halo are creamy, IMO.

Respected Contributor

I like the serum foundation formula, too. Isn't there a newer bare minerals tinted moisturizer too? I've seen a few promos but haven't checked it out yet.