Frequent Contributor

BE daily chat, Thursday 3/5/15

Good morning BEauties! Time to wake up on this snowy morning!

I'll be doing some deep cleaning today since I'm stuck at home (car tire still not fixed).

Prayers to those that need it (I'm always on that list!)

Super Contributor

Re: BE daily chat, Thursday 3/5/15

Hello. Please explain deep cleaning. What does that mean? My son used that expression once when he agreed his very messy apartment needed help. I hope your place isn't as bad as my son's was which was pretty awful.

Frequent Contributor

Hi newlook. My definition of "deep cleaning" is not the average daily cleaning, but things like taking the curtains down, washing the throw rugs, cleaning the hardwood floors, wiping down cabinets...maybe even cleaning closets. A lot like "spring cleaning", only it's snowing out! My house is very clean, but I still like to do that deep cleaning sometimes. Smile

Super Contributor

Love, you're just too weird--"like to do deep cleaning"???? {#emotions_dlg.blink} I NEED to do deep cleaning. I told myself I'd at least vacuum today since I won't be going out, but I just don't know!! I was up a few times in the night and then a bit after 7a. It was supposed to be snowing by then but I heard sleet. Finally went back to sleep and slept about 10!! It's snowing to beat the band now, but the later-than-forecasted change over to snow was later than expected so we prob won't get that 6-10" (or 5-8" according to some) but we shall see. Both DS closed as schools, incl colleges, are closed. Older DS has spring break next week. At this rate, younger DS might not get spring break (end of Mar.).

Hi, newlook. Hope Cat gets here mold mess taken care of. She's so sensitive. I also hope she's staying home today! Wonder if hellokitty is getting all this? And how's V? Karin, how much snow are you to get?

Take care and be safe. Prayers!

Frequent Contributor

Hello again! Popping back in to see if this forum has some action. Wishful thinking I guess!

Bethee, well I don't "like" cleaning, but really like the feeling I get afterwards. Relaxing & looking around at a clean fresh house. I'm glad you got back to bed until 10. Stay safe & off the roads if you can, in the snow. I'll bet your DS is upset about possibly missing spring break. My DD gets a break from college mid March. DS had a February vacation and gets another in April. They won't take the April one away, just make them go to school until maybe the 3rd week in June.

Cat, I think I missed it, not being here daily for a bit. Where is the mold? Home or work? I hope you get it taken care of and that you don't get sick.

Oh, did any of you ladies happen to watch that new show Secrets and Lies on Sunday? What do you think of it? I really liked it...and Ryan Phillipe is so nice & easy on the eyes! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Everyone have a good night! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

they';Love, we only have about 10 inches of snow. It's like summer compared to you. Come on down and "deep clean" my house! I did stay home. The heating company is coming Wednesday to clean out the unit, so it's off until then. I think I got most of the actual mold cleaned up, and have a couple of air cleaners running to get any spores that spewed out. I can tell that there was mold, but the reaction is pretty mild, thank heaven. Love, the air conditioner/heating unit that serves the upstairs got a lot of ice buildup around it and got water into the unit, so the part in the house that blows out the air had mold.

Dh went to work and left about 1. It took him close to 2 hours to get home, and it's usually an hour or less. I worked from home, but didn't get much done. Nobody around to do anything since most of the government offices in Maryland were closed.

Bethee, they're talking about a bunch of school districts around here having to give up spring break days. I doubt they'll have school tomorrow, since it didn't stop snowing until around 6 or so, and it's supposed to get bitterly cold overnight. DH is off tomorrow so I'll have the SUV and should be able to get to work.

Hi, newlook. Welcome!

Super Contributor

Hey to everyone..to Love & Newlook I'm "V"....nice to see you here....I've been slack again. but the family has been going through a lot since the end of January.... My Parents are traveling again......I'm pretty sure they made it west before the snow storms came...I feel for all of you being hit with this weather...We had our badd ice storm in January and it was awful.....no power etc.. Our temp dropped so quick today and it was 80 yesterday......weird.. I hope all of you stay safe and warm...... Hey to Cat and Bethee.. Hey to Love and Newlook....hope to see you on here and get to know you... Try not to be a slacker as I have been.... Prayers to all in need and their families.....also, to the homeless....I pray that the shelters are open and enough room for everyone....