Frequent Contributor

BE Daily Chat, Wednesday 3/4/15

Good morning BEauties! Bethee, I hope you don't mind me starting the DC. I've been up for awhile.

Today is rain and going to be almost 50 degrees! Major snow melting going on, which I'm thrilled for! I have to pick my mail up at the post office because our mail box is buried! Need to call the insurance company for our window leak & hardwood floor damage. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I'm really sad over that...and to add more problems to my life, my tire came off my car & appears to be flat as well. It's really strange because I saw a car with the same problem yesterday on the side of the road. I commented to my mom that in all my years driving & working at an insurance company, I've never seen anything like that. Now it's happened to me. Thank god I was on my street in front of my house when it happened to me. Today I've got to get the spare on & drive it to get another tire. The piggy bank is offically EMPTY! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer. Everyone enjoy your day!

Super Contributor

Re: BE Daily Chat, Wednesday 3/4/15

Morning, Love. No worries, have at it anytime! So sorry about your tire. Weird that it came OFF? I don't know what I'd do besides freak out! Weather same here today and snow tomorrow, 5-8". We'll see.

Off to finish getting ready for work. Prayers.

Super Contributor

Good afternoon. DS got home about 30 minutes ago and DD will be home in about 40 min. They dismissed school two hours early due to high water in several areas of the county. Supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow. 4-8 inches.

Love, that is really strange about your tire. Hope it isn't too expensive to fix.

Bethee, grrr on the snoring Hubby. Fingers crossed that you won't get his cold! Good grief about the eyes.

Cat, frain, sneet. I lol and can't wait to use frain. I've only been able to use sneet once! Nothing like humorous words to describe bad weather conditions.

Sapphire, thank you for the warm thoughts. I know that all of us cold weather ladies appreciate it!

Hellokitty, how is your weather?

Well, it's time to put towels in the dryer. Have a wonderful day everyone! Prayers..

Frequent Contributor

Hi again ladies!

Bethee, I hope your day at work was a good one! Stay safe in the snow tomorrow. I think we are in for only a couple inches.

karin, I hope the kids are home safe now. My DS had a half day due to a teacher's meeting; so my house is full of boys now! You stay safe too in the snow tonight/tomorrow.

Well, my BAD LUCK continues! I just heard a horrific bang. My ice covered gutters fell down and smashed into the house so hard that you can't even tell they once were gutters. I can't deal with the stress of going outside to see if the house/siding or stairs are damaged. I can't afford my insurance to go up either.

Valued Contributor

Oh, Love, lord love a duck. Make it stop, please lord, make it stop! We've got a heating unit for the upstairs that is on the back deck, and it got completely covered on the front with ice, because when we put the back screen porch on, we really didn't get the gutters right. Well, I've been feeling poorly, and yesterday figured out that the unit was full of water, which meant it had gotten water into the lines and was making mold. I haven't been upstairs so didn't realize that was where the problem was. So, I am soaking the filters, sprayed anti-mold stuff on the unit, and have someone coming next week to clean it out. It's off, so the upstairs will have to rely on heat from downstairs. At least upstairs isn't anywhere we go often. It's my craft area, so I won't be doing any crafting for awhile. I've got 2 air cleaners running up there. oy.

Karin, I hope that your kids got home. We're supposed to get 8 - 10, on top of all the rain we got today. I spent the day going out every hour or so and scraping some of yesterday's ice off the driveway. I had to go out to send a package for work, and got out about 4. It was slightly foggy, and it's very foggy now. I just hope they're right and it doesn't freeze overnight. I am so tired of ice. I hope that none of us can ever use frain again. Or Sneet. Ugh!

Bethee, that's why I usually sleep in the guest room. DH won't use his CPAP and I can't take the snoring.

Love, I think I told once about the time that my tire got frozen into a puddle that froze, and I didn't realize how bad it was. I tried to drive off, and my tire just ripped away. Have I mentioned that I'm tired of winter? We may go to the home and garden show on Saturday. It will be so nice to see flowers.

Hugs and warm thoughts for all!