Super Contributor

Morning. Cold and temps to drop today. No school for DS today. Temps were 50 yesterday, but guess back roads still not all cleared.

Love, whose birthday?

Prayers.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Mon. 2/23/14

Hello Bethee! It's 20 degrees here, which actually feels warm compared to what it's been. The delicious chocolate birthday cake was DD friend that lives with us. Oh great, now I want another piece! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Oscar is still in the hospital and coming home tomorrow I think.

Did some errands today with my mom and had brunch! Now laundry & cleaning await me. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Still looking for "permanent" work. I need to get back to school, but feel like old mother hen. (And I'm only 30...Wink)

My DS is home from school & wants something to eat, so goodbye for now.

Valued Contributor

29, Love! Oh, right, you're 30! I hope Oscar got home. Good luck with the job hunt. Have more cake. I'm sure you've shoveled it off, right? Feel better, DS!

Bethee, it was almost 50 yesterday after we got about 8 inches of snow. The snow blower was making slush balls which it couldn't throw. I know that I have nothing to complain about compared to Love, but I so want it to stop.I got home Saturday from the grocery store after we'd gotten the first couple inches and my car wouldn't go up the driveway. DH poked fun and said he'd do it, then he got about as far as I did and had to go back down.

We had some lovely, smooth skating rink quality ice on the driveway this morning from what melted overnight and refroze. Ugh.

I'd been home from work this evening about a half hour and was about 15 minutes from putting dinner on the table when my younger brother showed up unannounced. I answered the door and he asked if he could come in or if I was going to make him stand on the porch. I told him he could come in for a minute, and when he came in he said "it looks like you want me to just leave." I told him pretty much, and he looked surprised and said "well I'll go, then." It's like he doesn't even remember the last time he was here when DH had to actually throw him out of the house because he wouldn't leave. No idea what he wanted, and frankly I really don't want to know. Sigh.

Stay warm, ladies! BE well.

Valued Contributor

Hi ladies. Winter BLAH!!! Dumb Butt family members BLAH!!! I've had the flu for 5 weeks and missed my chocolate BD cake BLAH!!!!!!! It was a really old BD so not so bad missing it

Super Contributor

have a good day everyone.

Valued Contributor

Fluffysmom, so very good to see you! I hope that nasty ole flu goes away! Happy b'day. 29 isn't old, silly!

Hi, Meeras!