Frequent Contributor

Smaller sizes, higher prices?

I noticed two recent launches by BareMinerals, Four Looks to Luxe (launched in their boutiques and website) and Fresh and Flawless (launched as a BM Sephora exclusive) seem to be sporting higher prices and smaller sizes this spring. Four Looks to Luxe has a "cheek tint" and eyeshadow which are both the same size as a regular eyeshadow (0.03 g) with a Lasting Line liner and a lip color dual ended product. Pretty colors, but this little kit is going for $49. Fresh and Flawless is the more appealing of the two kits for my personal taste, with it's $39 price tag and pretty pinks, but in this case the BLUSH is the teeny tiny 0.03 g size, the deluxe sample Rebel Moxie gloss, a 0.07g Boost Mineral Veil (yuck, I already have one from Q's Balance and Boost BM collection from last winter), a Well Rested product, a full size 5-in-1 cream shadow primer in Soft Linen and a mascara.

Now, I realize there might possibly be a limit to the number of pink blushes a girl actually needs, but I don't feel I've reached that number yet. Smiley Happy I also am well aware that it would take an exceptionally long lifetime to actually use up one Bare Minerals normal size blush. But let me tell you: this blush Cheerful, described as a precious pink, NEEDS to belong to me. I find this little eyeshadow size to be insulting to both my loyalty to Bare Minerals and to the beauty of the blush itself.

That being said, I will still purchase this collection because SOME perfect, precious pink blush is better than none at all. And I have faith that my fellow BM admirers will be as outraged as I am about these teeny sizes and bigger prices. Last year, I missed the Beauty in Bloom Sephora exclusive collection but most, if not all, the items were available for separate purchase. I'm hoping that because Cheerful only seems to be currently available in this kit that it will become popular enough to warrant at least being offered in some other kit, in a NORMAL Bare Minerals size for a blush. Although for the moment, I feel my "swirling, tapping and buffing" may be hampered by the tiny lid of my new favorite.

Rant over.

Honored Contributor

Re: Smaller sizes, higher prices?

The only Bare Minerals products I've ever used up are the foundation and the Mineral Veil. So size reductions are not important to me. I did have a favorable response to the next TSV in the Insider. More money, 69, I think, but good product mix for my wants.

Trusted Contributor

I received Cheerful blush as part of a kit a few years ago. It's really very pretty. Almost a bubble gum pink with a slight shimmer.

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your post. I like your writing style! The blush sounds lovely!!!
Frequent Contributor

Gone are the days when we got a huge BE blush that was impossible to finish. Now, you get those little eye shadow sized jars or a regular sized jar with barely anything in it. My biggest pet peeve is trying to fit my blush brush in the jar or lid of those little jars!

Cheerful is a beautiful blush. I've got 2 small jars. Azalea is another gorgeous one you might love. Keep your eye out for that one! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

I found it on Amazon Smiley Happy $20 is cheaper than $39 for the kit. I can't wait til it arrives!
Super Contributor

Bareminerals isn't the only company doing the smaller sizes, higher prices deal. Walk into the grocery store and you will see the same thing. Almost every product, even ice cream and candy bars have done the same thing. It's actually really aggravating but I don't think getting annoyed will actually change it. They have to compete with their competitors who are doing it too. I don't see all of them suddenly changing their minds.

Contributor

FYI -

.03 oz is the size of a full size blush. (Sephora blush link)

.02 oz is the size of a full size eyeshadow. (bareescentuals eyeshadow link)

I do agree that you don't get as much for your money, as you do with the holiday kits. But, if these don't sell, they'll probably go on sale. Smile