Super Contributor

Sigh.

Morning. Got laundry going, of course. Had to turn on the dishwasher this a.m. b/c someone must have put something in after I had set it for delayed start and then didn't reset it. Grrr. I think we're supposed to make it to freezing today, but it's still windy. I about froze in the office yesterday. Have a good weekend.

Prayers.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Fri., 1/9/15

Hello Bethee! Today it's 18 degrees, but feels warmer after the -1 yesterday! I know it's been awhile since I've been here. Busy with the holidays, kids & Oscar. He's in & out of the hospital so much! I've been having a problem logging in here at Q, which is why I created a new acct/nic. My beauty AD's are now all messed up. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I hope everyone had a good xmas & new years. I made some healthy cookies yesterday from a recipe I found on FB. They were delicious, but more like a soft cookie or granola type bar, which my teens loved!

It's simple: 2 mashed bananas, 1 heaping TBSP peanut butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup quick oats. Mix all together & put on cookie sheets by generous rounded tsp. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I got 15 oreo sized cookies. Note that these don't melt down & spread much. I used milk chocolate chips, but this recipe would work with peanut butter chips, raisins or whatever you've got.

Everyone enjoy your weekend. Stay warm!

Valued Contributor

Hey Love! It is good to "see" you again! Sorry Oscar has been in and out of the hospital.

It is cold here Bethee. Another round of below freezing wind chills. DH's aunt is in the hospital and he went to check things out today as work was cancelled again. She may be having surgery and her age is against her...she will be 89. Her heart valves are closing. Her son and her hubby are both deceased. DH is her POA and all that. He's got 50 miles or so to drive. I stayed home because that crazy cat is in to everything.

He is doing well but wants to jump to places he shouldn't be jumping. I borrowed a crate from a friend to put him in when we go to see DH's aunt. It is big enough to fit him, a small litter pan and food so he should be ok. This cat be the one that sends me over the edge!! (but I do love him)

Stay warm everyone.

Frequent Contributor

Hi hellokitty, good to see you too! Praying all is OK with your DH's aunt. I hope the kitty is OK too. Is this the new kitty? I thought I saw something re it on FB. He got "fixed" plus something else? Sorry my memory isn't so good these days.

I forgot to mention recently losing a relative. He was only 17 and died in a car accident on New Years Eve. There's been so much tragedy on the news lately, and when it hits home, you just can't believe it.

Super Contributor

Hey, Love. Good to see you. Glad you could check in. Sorry about Oscar and your relative. Sad. Hellokitty, hope all goes well with your DH's aunt. And the kitty!!

Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Yesterday morning we had 37 degrees, not quite as cold this morning. I know back home the GC had a 2 hour delay yesterday because the wind chill was well below zero. Hope all of you stay warm.

Love, sorry about your relative and hope Oscar is doing better.

Hellokitty, glad your little boy was able to have his surgery. I guess that means there was nothing seriously wrong with him. Hope DH's aunt improves and can tolerate the surgery.

Bethee, is the office drafty or just insufficiently heated? Whatever the problem hopefully it gets better.

Have a good evening and a great weekend. Stay warm.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies! We had a heat wave- it got all the way up to 36! It actually felt comfortable for a few steps. I got pizza on the way home and it was still warm when I got here. Wow! Yesterday and Wednesday were brutal. I hate being sick when it's cold.

Love, sorry that Oscar is still having problems. Your cookies sound yummy. And I'm so sorry about your young relative. What a tragedy! Glad you could get in to chat, too.

Hellokitty, I missed what's going on with your little furry guy, but hope he's doing better. Can you put him in a powder room or small bathroom where he can't get into trouble? I know after my little jumper got "snipped" it was a royal pain keeping him down. The crate sounds like a good idea. I hope DH's aunt is doing better. It's tough when they're that age!

Sapphire, brrrr! That's so cold for Florida!

Bethee, can you get a little space heater for the office? Grrr, your boys strike again!!!

Have a good weekend, ladies!