Honored Contributor
I've used the original BM for yrs. & recently tried Ready to cut back on the mess and make traveling w/ it easier. I can't get a "non-cakey" application no matter which brush I use. What's up? Doing something wrong?
Frequent Contributor
I'm not a fan of the Ready foundation for the same reason. Did you get the flat top brush that's supposed to go with it? Only other possible solution from me would be Mally primer. If I need a compact, I have to use It foundation.
Trusted Contributor

I had the same experience. I love the Ready eye shadows, but not the foundation. Have you tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation? The container is less messy than BM, and I think the finish is far superior. I don't care for the brush sold with it here - any flat head brush will do. Sephora carries more colors than Q, and it would be good to test it first.

tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Auto-Delivery - A239260

Regular Contributor
I use both, ready and original formulas, based on the coverage that I want. I tried the ready foundation the first time for the same reason you did...because it would be easier and less messy traveling. That said, there is a learning curve with the ready foundation just as there was when I began with the loose minerals. For me, the flat brush is a must. I find that when I blot the ready foundation on rather than brushing it on I get a lighter, more consistent coverage, not cakey. I also blot the ready foundation onto the brush, never swirl, as that puts too much makeup on the brush. In a nutshell, my method is to blot the compact ONCE, then blot my face several times and repeat until I have the coverage I want. Hope this helps!
Regular Contributor

Yes, just touch the brush lightly to the Ready foundation, and then stipple around the face for lighter coverage. Long smooth strokes will blend it out nicely.

Several posters get better Ready foundation results by applying a light dusting of loose Mineral Veil before the foundation.

If you haven't tried a Soft Focus Face or blush Brush (or the older Feather Light Brush, anything with white tips, that will give a more sheer, soft application. The Flawless Radiance brush can accomplish the same thing. Leslie uses a blush brush (maybe the flat top "Heavenly"), if you've got one of those.

http://www.qvc.com/bareMinerals-Soft-Focus-4-pc-Brush-Collection-with-Bag.product.A252033.html?sc=A...

HTH!

Super Contributor

I love that flat top Heavenly brush and want to get another one but can't seem to find it. Do they still make it?

Bookbabe

Regular Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Bookbabe said:

I love that flat top Heavenly brush and want to get another one but can't seem to find it. Do they still make it?

Bookbabe

Yes, it is available for $30 in the BE webstore, but there are plenty for far less on ebay if you prefer. I love a great flat top myself!

Trusted Contributor
On 1/4/2015 pas4116 said:

I had the same experience. I love the Ready eye shadows, but not the foundation. Have you tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation? The container is less messy than BM, and I think the finish is far superior. I don't care for the brush sold with it here - any flat head brush will do. Sephora carries more colors than Q, and it would be good to test it first.

tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Auto-Delivery - A239260

Totally agree. I have used original BE for many years. I tried Ready and it's just too drying for my skin. I have used the Tarte foundation and it is much better, but goes on a bit heavier.

Frequent Contributor

I love the ready foundation. I have mature dry skin and tried the flat brush that goes with but while I was in a Sephora the sales gal told me to try the sephora airbursh #55 and I am glad I did. The foundation goes on so light and smooth. Doesn't look cakey at all.

Honored Contributor

I've tried Ready and I've tried their liquid. Looks fine in the morning, but checking later in the day it just doesn't look "right." I really can't figure out what is different, it just doesn't look like me.