Super Contributor

Bare Minerals Daily Chat, Tues. 12/2/14

Good morning BEauties! Rainy & cold here today! I was planning on doing the outside lights, but I guess that'll have to wait now.

/></a></p> <p>Bethee, I hope you all goes well at your doctor's appt. Karin, that's so funny that you are an elf. I'm sure your kids must think that's very cool!!</p> <p>Everyone enjoy your day! I hope those lurking stop in to say hi. The more the merrier!</p> <p> </p> <p><a class= /></a></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

Valued Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Daily Chat, Tues. 12/2/14

Hello to everyone. Right now we are under a Freezing Rain Advisory.

I have been battling this poison ivy type rash on my face and it is moving towards my eyes. I woke up this morning and my eyes were very swollen and a patch of the crud is moving towards my right eye. I went to work but my face feel so flaming hot and red. I had to take off my make up and the nurse had me call the doc. I go at one.

I thought it was some older BE soap that started it, the kind that gets really sudsy because every time I used it my face burned, which never happened before. The tube was partially used but I haven't used it in awhile. So I tossed it but the fire engine red, pimples, itching haven't stopped. I tried Benadryl last night to help the itching but I woke up to a royal mess today and I stopped using the soap Saturday.

I don't have to be in Poison Ivy to get it...if someone was burning wood or trash with ivy in it, and I'm around...guess what? All I know is the very cold air feels great on my skin. I hate doctors and I don't go unless I HAVE to.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Stay safe wherever you are!

Super Contributor

Afternoon, ladies. Doc appt. went well, got a good report. Doc pleased w/way the eyes are looking. So glad I had the vitrectomies done, esp. right eye. I go back to see her in Jan. See the surgeon Dec. 23. Just hope my eyes stay quiet. Will drop oral steroid again this week and then be done. Eye drops at least till I see surgeon.

Hellokitty, oh, so sorry you have the rash. Sure it's poison ivy? Hope it's not shingles or something. I get poison ivy so easily, too, and each time it seems worse. Might have to get some steroids to help. Hope the doc can help you. I've been using my foaming face wash from BE with my Mia. No reactions, knock on wood. I dislike going to the doc, too, but I guess a necessary evil. Take care of yourself!!

Some areas had some sleet & freezing fain, but thankfully we had no issues, just lots of rain. Sis took me to grocery store when we got back home real quick. Had to get stuff to make chili for the Wed. meal @ church. Made it today b/c I won't have time after work tomorrow. Will have to get home, get my chili and head back across town. Ugh. Her DH texted that he was home sick from work, so hope it won't be too bad for him (vomiting and stomach cramps). Hope Sis doesn't catch it. Or DS who's been over there with them most of the weekend!

The folks are to head home from FL on Wed. Hope they take 2 days to drive it, but we'll see. DH and I are going to Wburg on Thurs, so I won't be home when they get home. There's a craft show on Sat. I'm going to miss, but maybe could try to get to on Sun. All the good stuff will be gone though, I'm afraid.

Love, hope DD can do the decorating for you. Mon. was so nice here wish DH would have done a little something outside. Oh, well.

Hi, to others. Please come post!

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Had some popup showers today. Went to the laundromat, grocery store then out to lunch.

hellokitty, so sorry you are suffering with that rash. I do hope it is poison ivy and not shingles. DH had shingles several years ago and it was very painful. It also doesn't go away quickly.

Bethee, glad you got a good report from the doctor. Hope things continue to go well. Don't your parents stay in Florida for the whole winter? To me January thru march are the worst part of winter.

Love, let DD do the outside decorations if she really wants to. You deserve a break.

Karin, have fun being an elf this week. Sounds like a good time.

Have a good night everyone.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hi ladies. It is def poison ivy. I got a shot with 125 mg of some kind of steroid, predisone pack where you start with 6 pills and work your way to 1, and she told me to get generic cortisone cream to put on the rash. No make up until it clears. UGH! The make up makes me look human! Oh well.

I am so glad you got a good report, Bethee! I am sure the chili is awesome! Sapphire...I wish we just had pop up showers. It's warmed up so the ice is gone but now we have fog. Can't win...oh wait....this is Ohio in 5 minutes the weather will change again!

Good evening to everyone who may enter this evening.

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. HelloKitty, ick, ick ickickick! I hope that the steroids help with the poison ivy. Last time I had the pred pack was when I got hives after being in the nasty old office, and after a few days I had a melt-down. Crying over nothing, sobbing uncontrollably at work. Scared the heck out of the boss. Be careful!

We had some slushy icky sneet overnight. I had to go to a client's office so could leave late after it melted off, but DH had to scrape it off his car and drive in it. I'm so over winter!

Karin, missed the post about you being an elf, but have such fun!

Bethee, I'm so glad the eyes are behaving! You tell them from me to get right and stay that way!

Love, I didn't get the outside decorations up, but our friends in VA had to postpone the annual get together for this weekend, but at least that way I can get the decorations up. If the rain stops!

Hi, sapphire!

Hugs, ladies!

Contributor

Waves to my girls :0). Had a Josie Maran catastrophe, her last TSV with her new cleansing body tube ruptured from the bottom and shot a s*zload of product on the wall in my shower..needless to say was bummed! Looked on BB and several had the same problem, gonna contact CS now. Hope y'all are well SendsHugsCarGirl
Super Contributor

HI, NASCARGIRL. Sorry about the mess but good to see you! ((Hugs)).

We need to celebrate some bdays soon, me thinks!

Super Contributor

Hi girls, just got home from moms house, helping her with the tree. Stuffing my face with pizza now. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} My alarm goes off in 6 hours & here I am, wide awake!

Nascargirl, awesome to see you here again! I've missed you! Sorry about the Josie burst; I did see over on Beauty Banter it happened to a lot of people. Hope you & your family are doing well. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

hellokitty, sorry about your rash. I've taken those steroid packs before for my migraines. A miracle worker for me! I hope the same for you.

Bethee, glad your eyes are doing better. That's great news! Yummy on the chili.

Hi Cat, sapphire & Karin!