Super Contributor

Morning. Drinking coffee, looking online a little. Don't think I really need anything. I need to get gift cards for Christmas, but guess I'll have to actually venture into the stores, which I'm not doing this weekend! I guess I could get e-gift cards . . . we'll see. I have no idea what to get my boys. Have a couple things for one DS who has given ideas, but older one hasn't said. Except money. But I'd like to have something for him. to unwrap.

Had a good trip yesterday to nephew's. Lots of good food. First time I've been to his new house. Nice. But in a neighborhood that's really close and cramped! They are tearing up the street in front of his house and it's a muddy mess.

Have a good weekend. Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Fri., 11/28/14

Good morning Bethee! I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good. We ate here, DH cooks & I clean up. I went out last night to get the BE Ulta $10 deals. The eyeshadow kit has two full sized NEW loose eyeshadows that are gorgeous & a full size brush! The other kit has a full size brush with a NEW blush shade...Strawberry Pink Gelato, very pretty! I passed on the third kit because it was loose mv & the brush looked smaller.

Then onto Macy's, Sephora & the mall. Crazy amount of people there! It took me a half hour to find a parking spot!

Today is laundry and I'm going to try to put the tree up, as well as the other xmas décor.

Have a great day BEauties!

Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Love, you got some good deals.

I put away all the fall decorations today and put out the Christmas decorations including the tree. Big difference decorating a 33ft motor home compared to an 11 room house but I still needed a nap when I was done. Only getting about 4 hours sleep last night might have had something to do with it.

Bethee, I don't blame you for not going to the stores this weekend. I won't either except maybe the grocery store. Since we are not home for the holidays everyone gets cash. I never liked to do that but it seems that is what they all want now. At least that way everyone can get what they want.

Time to wash the dishes. Have been good night all.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. I looked at those Ulta kits, too, and thought they were pretty. But, I restrained myself! None of the Sephora $10 items looked like anything I couldn't live without.

I don't know how crazy it was this morning, but when I went out to pick up a prescription this afternoon the parking lots weren't particularly busy. I don't have any ideas for anyone either, Bethee. No wish lists except my one sister, and I already picked up the main gift for her.

Sapphire, I need to drag the Christmas decorations out of the attic. I told DH that I was going to try and sort through everything and purge, but that might not happen this year. I don't put up the tree until my birthday, 12/19. Wanna wash my dishes, too? We had pizza so there's not much!

I'm going to go out with a friend tomorrow, but not to the malls. Just a couple of specialty stores to get things for our foodie friends who we're going to visit in a couple weeks.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Valued Contributor

Good evening everyone. I usually don't whine but I have had the worst day. I woke up to four cyst like zits a couple of days ago and they aren't budging much. The only thing I can think of that could have caused it was the Josie Maran Argan oil I used as a night time moisturizer. For some reason I am so dry...hands, feet, and now my face is getting dry patches.

Today the bottom of a Summer Bisque container fell out as I was using it and I had to clean that mess up. Of course this happened right as we were getting ready to leave. (I was trying to cover those zits!)

I braved the lines at Jo Ann Fabrics to get flannel in little boy prints to make my GS a rag quilt in the shape of a cat and now I can't find the pattern in my sewing cave. I have looked everywhere. It out of print and sellers are gouging on Ebay. I don't know if it fell in the trash can and I didn't look when I emptied it or if I put it somewhere and can't remember where. I have other rag patterns but I thought this would be so cute...a cat shape with a little boy blue theme. I found some cute flannel with small boats, cars, trains, rocket ships.... He loves cats.

Oh well, I finally didn't have a boring day but I sure can whine! Sorry to be such a boo boo when I just gave thanks for what I have yesterday.

I didn't buy any BE. I really don't need any but the truth is I didn't get anywhere near a place where it's sold. I think the on-line offerings are a joke.

Going to get out of here and get to bed. I hope everyone had a great day.

Contributor

you can buy the gift card cards on line have them sent to you. some stores charge a nominal charge to mail but most do not. I've gotten them from target, kohls, walmart, macys, rei, nordstroms, you get them in a week or less. much easier then braving the weather or the stores.