Super Contributor

Morning. Snowing here. Goes from steady regular flakes to big fat fluffy ones. Older DS shoveling sidewalk and some of driveway; told him to stop in driveway as younger DS will want to use the snowblower. He's so antsy to do something. He's gone over to my folks b/c he said he hadn't gotten he tractor started yet. Supposedly he and a friend went and put on the chains and I guess the blade to plow. I told him I didn't want him driving as roads are treated yet. He never listens.

Well, guess I'll get the pie baked and season up some green beans for tomorrow. Have it ready to go for the trip to my nephews for Turkey Day.

Be safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Wed., 11/26/14

Hi, Bethee. It started rain, and when I left to go to my derm follow-up appointment, of course it had turned to snow! It was laying on the driveway when I got home, but now it seems to have warmed up so it's not laying. Still coming down pretty hard, so I figure after the sun goes down it will start sticking again, just in time for DH to come home from work. He'd normally come home the back way to avoid traffic on 95, but don't know about today. Ugh!

I've got to get the pie baked and the stuffing started tonight, and boil the sweet potatoes tonight. The rest can get cooked tomorrow.

Have a Happy, safe, peaceful Thanksgiving! I probably won't check in until late.

Hugs to all our BEauties, and safe travels to those on the road.

Super Contributor

Good afternoon ladies. Finally stopped raining after 6+inches and some local flooding. Going to be cool though the next couple of days and nights.

Made a pumpkin pie this morning and dried out the bread for stuffing. Will do the rest tomorrow. Since its just the two of us I don't make as many dishes as when it was for the whole family. If I didn't want the leftovers we would probably go out to eat.

Love, I don't have a computer or tablet, all I have is my phone. I try to get to the library twice a week for other stuff on the computer.

I checked the weather back home and they had already cancelled school last night for today.

I hope everyone stays safe and if you have to travel be careful.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Wow, sapphire, lots of rain. We got about 4" of snow. All snow here, but looks like it's a light mist right now. It'll freeze tonight. Across the state line in Franklin WV for the news @ noon they had 12". One girl posted a picture of 9" on her ruler. I baked a cherry pie (frozen) and did my green beans today. Made some cookies, too. Not sure I'll take the cookies. We'll see. My sis was doing pumpkin pie, but I don't like pumpkin, so I bought a cherry pie. I wish I had gotten a pecan pie from Costco. They are huge and really good.

Happy Turkey Day tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

Pie is made - pumpkin, from real pumpkins, not canned. DH likes the seeds, so I try to do real pumpkins when I can. The yams are candied, just need to pop in the oven after the bird comes out. I do need to dry out the bread, but will do that in a little while. I just needed to sit down for a while.

Sapphire, I agree. It's just going to be 4 of us, so I won't do all the sides either. Ok, most of them, but still, you have to have stuffing and sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes. And something green.

Bethee, send the cookies up this way!

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Super Contributor

I agree Cat, our green is brussel sprouts. We also have the mashed potatoes and yams', corn of course the stuffing and gravy and cranberry sauce. That's more than enough for the two of us. But it's hard not to go with tradition