Trusted Contributor

I'm not a regular BE user, but I do have a few BE eye shadows I really like. The colors I own all have been recommended to me from lovely readers on this panel. I'm looking for a rose eye shadow. I don't want it too sheer, I'd like for the color to be recognizable, but I don't want anything that leans toward red either. I guess somewhere between pink and magenta...how is that for a range? Thank you ladies.

Super Contributor
Rose and rose gold are huge right now. It seems like everyone has colors & palettes galore. Are you looking for matte or shimmer? L'Oreal has one called Romance for Rose or Rose for Romance. Urban Decay's Naked 3 is all rose hued, the Naked Basics 2 is taupe rose and all matte.
Respected Contributor

Pur Minerals at Ulta has a rose matt palette. Emilynoel82 has a review on it on youtube.

Valued Contributor
Do you have any rose colored blushes? I have a rose colored BE blush but I forget the name.
Regular Contributor

Hi, Quinny!!! One of BE's most beautiful colors, Heart, is so pretty and so popular that they once upon a time offered it in the "bucket" size (it makes the most gorgeous blush as well). The description is "light violet rose", which sounds like what you are looking for, right? While it is a shimmer, it doesn't have big chunky sparkles, and can be applied very softly, or foiled, even wetlined, for more oomph and sheen.

http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareMinerals-Plum-Eyecolor---Heart/US30804,en_US,pd.html

I'm not sure anything in their pink category would be suitable, as several of them turn orangey brown on me. Maybe Daydream (you'll have to click it)?

http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareMinerals-Pink-Eyecolor---Serene/US35281,default,pd.html?start=9&c...

Cupcake would be my next suggestion, then add some of your favorite rosey blush to it to get the shade you want. Good luck in your search, and let us know what you tried and liked or didn't, please.

Respected Contributor
Quincy, have you tried any rose eyeshadows before? The reason I ask is that I loved a pale rose shade until I applied it. After wearing it twice I threw it out. For some reason I felt it made me look like I had been crying. Now I even avoid browns that have any red undertone.
Frequent Contributor
Chanel has two nice rose colors. One is called Palpitation (pinky rose) and the other is called Hesitation (rose gold color) and is very pretty. The colors are part of the OMBRE ESSENTIELLE ETATS POETIQUES SOFT TOUCH EYESHADOW
Trusted Contributor

bare skin eyecolor &

Silk Rose

Frequent Contributor

Etoile, I know what you mean. I have N European skin with blue eyes and look like I have allergies or pinkeye when I use pink eyeshadows.