Respected Contributor

12.0 Convertible Eye Shadow Kit Anyone Have This Kit?

This is really a cute idea but I wish they had talked about more of the eyeshadow colors which ones have shimmer and which ones don't. They have a listing of the colors with names but it doesn't say if they have shimmer or not.

Regular Contributor

Re: 12.0 Convertible Eye Shadow Kit Anyone Have This Kit?

Hi. I own this. I got mine from Ulta. Here's their description: Base: Chart Topper (pewter silk) Hard to Get (ballet slipper pink) Pizzazz (golden ivory) Shiver (iced lilac) Crease: Fantasy (rosy mauve) Elixir (luxe lilac) Bewilder (sparkling sand) Admire (gilded moss) Liner: Stiletto (plum chocolate) Mystify (antique lavender) Connoisseur (golden copper) Couture (glimmering clove) (0.05 oz. each) There should be a video from last nights show and maybe Jessica and Lisa showed them better.
Valued Contributor

I called Bare Escentuals yesterday asking if they could tell me which shadows were matte and which were glittery. The girl was super nice, but couldn't really give me an answer. So, I'm hoping someone will share that info during a presentation. I can't wear sparkle and glitter even in the dark. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 makupnut said: Hi. I own this. I got mine from Ulta. Here's their description: Base: Chart Topper (pewter silk) Hard to Get (ballet slipper pink) Pizzazz (golden ivory) Shiver (iced lilac) Crease: Fantasy (rosy mauve) Elixir (luxe lilac) Bewilder (sparkling sand) Admire (gilded moss) Liner: Stiletto (plum chocolate) Mystify (antique lavender) Connoisseur (golden copper) Couture (glimmering clove) (0.05 oz. each) There should be a video from last nights show and maybe Jessica and Lisa showed them better.

Thanks I saw the description but its still not telling me which ones have shimmer. Seeing that you won this palette which ones have shimmer?And is it over the top shimmer.Thanks

Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Lally said:

I called Bare Escentuals yesterday asking if they could tell me which shadows were matte and which were glittery. The girl was super nice, but couldn't really give me an answer. So, I'm hoping someone will share that info during a presentation. I can't wear sparkle and glitter even in the dark. Smiley Happy

I am so over shimmer or sparkle maybe for the very young or if you are onstage but come on how many ladies do I see with shimmer on especially older women NONE! And I can't believe the office didn't have the info to tell you especially when they know it is a TSV?They should be well informed.

Regular Contributor

I just watched the video from last nights presentation. They do a close up on the shades and then they have the models in each set of the 3 colors. You can tell that way too.

I just checked mine and none are matte. They have a sheen to them but I wouldn't say shimmer. If you have the loose Glimpse shades I would say sorta like those but not like a loose Glimmer shade.

HTH

Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 makupnut said:

I just watched the video from last nights presentation. They do a close up on the shades and then they have the models in each set of the 3 colors. You can tell that way too.

I just checked mine and none are matte. They have a sheen to them but I wouldn't say shimmer. If you have the loose Glimpse shades I would say sorta like those but not like a loose Glimmer shade.

HTH

Thank you so much makupnut that really helped!!

Valued Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Butterfly12 said:
On 11/24/2014 Lally said:

I am so over shimmer or sparkle maybe for the very young or if you are onstage but come on how many ladies do I see with shimmer on especially older women NONE! And I can't believe the office didn't have the info to tell you especially when they know it is a TSV?They should be well informed.

I agree with you totally. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I also emailed BE and got a response that was all about the shimmer, but again no one addressed if there were sparkles and mattes. I guess I will go to Ulta and see what the big mystery is with this set. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I also got an e-mail from them saying only 2 or matt and the rest have shimmer. They need to address this on the show we shouldn't have to call the office after the show to find out about the products.

Valued Contributor

Okay I am reporting back. I bought this because Ulta didnt have a tester for me to try. Almost every shadow, while pretty, has glitter/sparkle. So my longing for a Ready matte set lives on.