Valued Contributor

New liquid foundation - do you have to use the brush to apply?

I got a sample of the new foundation at local BM store, and love it. Just applied with fingertips. Has anyone tried always applying the new liquid foundation by hand with not brush after shaking? Thanks much!! (I'm a medium cool, and love the Satin color sample.)

Contributor

Re: New liquid foundation - do you have to use the brush to apply?

I have applied it a few different ways. I tried the special brush, using that only. Then I tried using the BE brush to apply, but then finished blending with my Sigma F80 brush. That worked better, as I found I didn't love the finished look with just the BE brush. Then I tried my fingers, and I really liked the finished look a lot. So I think your fingers would work just fine. Hope that helps!

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much, upNorth!!

Super Contributor

They have a video online that shows how to apply it with your fingers. You will put 5 dabs on your face. You put two or three drops on your hand and then dab it with your finger to place a dab on your forehead, one on each of your cheeks, one on the nose, and one on the chin. Then you gently blend them together. I did it this morning- then added a little extra to my problem areas and it worked like a charm. I put my concealer on after the Bareskin was applied and then finished with Laura Geller's Baked Elements powder foundation.

I never use a brush, so I love the option of using this foundation with my fingers. But it is light coverage. I think any powder foundation would look nice over it. But if you have good skin, then this foundation should be enough and look lovely on you.

Honored Contributor

I don't have that foundation, but I have two others with a similar consistency and use my fingers or a Real Techniques sponge to apply.

Contributor

I have the BE serum foundation and the brush made to use with it. For me the brush is the pits, the surface is small and makes it hard to apply and blend foundation. In addition, the brush especially the channel in the middle is a pain and impossible to clean properly. I have found I like the foundation best applied with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, brushed gold handle and $9.