Super Contributor

Morning. Cold. I think upper 30s. Only in the lower 60s, then maybe 50s later in the week.

Folks made it to FL. Hope things will be set up and settled down.

Lots of things to do this week before surgery on Mon.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Mon., 10/20/14

Good afternoon ladies. Hot and sunny here.

Bethee glad your folks made it safely. Don't overdo it before the surgery, you don't want to be run down and chance getting sick.

Went for a couple of tomato plants and flowers this morning also did some grocery shopping. Just got the plants into pots, now going to sit back and rest for the afternoon. Have no idea for supper even though we just shopped.

Have a good day everyone.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Hi ladies! I'm exhausted & needed to sit down for a minute. I seal coated the hardwoods floors in the kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway & stairs today. Later tonight or tomorrow I'll do the bedrooms. I did the normal cleaning, laundry & paid bills. I've still got a ton of things I need to get done too. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Oscar is in the hospital again. He was a jerk to me yesterday when he called, followed by the most rude mean texts. Then my father out law was extremely rude to my DD. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Went to my grandmother's 100th birthday party yesterday. It was such a nice party; she was so surprised to see us all there (about 80 of us). {#emotions_dlg.wub} We had photos done with the different generations, as well as some games, cake and chinese food! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Bethee, I'm glad your parents safely made it to FL. I agree, don't over work yourself before surgery.

sapphire, I'm glad you're all settled in. Enjoy your afternoon relaxing. I have no idea what to cook for dinner either. I think it's just me & DS. He's home sick today, so he may not want more than a grilled cheese & soup.

Ok, back to work I go...Cool I can't sit here any longer or I'll be a useless waste of life, who does nothing, while his son does everything; as my father out law said to me.

Super Contributor

Hi BEauties! Chilly day here. No school tomorrow due to parent/ teacher conferences.... Bethee-glad that your parents are safely in FL. Prayers for your eye surgery. I know you have to be beyond tired.... Sapphire-tomatoes in October! Isn't that cool! It should frost here very soon. I feel your pain about planning a meal. Kids or not, it's always a pain..... LovemyBE- How wonderful that so many could make it to celebrate your grandmother! Slow down! You do wayy to much every day! Sorry about jr and sr grouch. Close the lid on the garbage can! You and your children deserve respect. I'm sure you stay so stressed over it...... I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening! Prayers for everyone..
Super Contributor

Thank you karin for your kind words. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Does no school tomorrow mean you get to sleep late?

What did you all end up making for dinner? I made lemon pepper butter chicken and fettucine alfredo. DS is feeling better now.

Do any of you ladies sew? I have a king sized comforter than has a huge rip in it, the length of the comforter. I don't have a sewing machine and was going to just sew it up by hand, but since it's king sized, it'll take quite awhile. Is there anything I can buy to seal it up, like tape? Something that's also washable. The comforter is really expensive, otherwise I'd toss it.

Valued Contributor

Hi,ladies. Love, yup, just close that lid on the can and don't let the grouches get to you. I wouldn't answer the phone if FOL calls. Why on earth would you talk to him. He can leave a message if he needs to get info to you. And if he's rude to his grandkids, just ignore!

Love, if you've got a Joann Fabric near you, ask the ladies in the sewing machine section for ideas. There is an iron-on tape that might work, but it might be too much for it. Maybe one of the ladies would be willing to use it as a demo of a machine! Or have another idea for you. So nice about your grandmother!

Sapphire, I'm jealous. My tomato plants are done, and the rest of the plants aren't far behind.

Karin, we haven't had frost, but yeah, it's not far off.

Hi, Bethee. Don't wear yourself out. You need to be in good shape for the surgery, not all tuckered out. Let the menfolk figure out how not to starve!

I made stir fry tonight. It was good, but the sauce was too much soy sauce, so it was a bit salty. Stir fry is good, and a good way to sneak veggies into DH, but so much work with all the chopping.

BE well, ladies!

Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 LovemyBE said:

Thank you karin for your kind words. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Does no school tomorrow mean you get to sleep late?

What did you all end up making for dinner? I made lemon pepper butter chicken and fettucine alfredo. DS is feeling better now.

Do any of you ladies sew? I have a king sized comforter than has a huge rip in it, the length of the comforter. I don't have a sewing machine and was going to just sew it up by hand, but since it's king sized, it'll take quite awhile. Is there anything I can buy to seal it up, like tape? Something that's also washable. The comforter is really expensive, otherwise I'd toss it.

If you're careful and use sparingly as possible, Tear Mender might work. I'd seen it on HSN or somewhere, but we got a small bottle @ our local Rocking R-Ace Hardware, I think. Kinda smelly when wet, but it works. Just have to use a small amount on fabric or it 'leaks' thru. Good luck. And I echo what Karin & Cat said bout Oscar and FOL!

Super Contributor

Thanks for your ideas Bethee & Cat. Goodnight.