Super Contributor

BE Liquid/Serum Foundation - staying power?

Does this new liquid/serum type foundation have any good staying power? How would this compare to Estee Lauder's Double Wear?

Trusted Contributor

Re: BE Liquid/Serum Foundation - staying power?

I never used Estee Lauder, but the Bare Skin Foundation has great staying power. I never have had to touch it up nor touch up any redness or covering of pimples. I find it a nice coverage and have received compliments on my skin wearing it. I have drier skin and it doesn't feel dry or get dry. I have tried the Perfecting Veil and find it drying.

Valued Contributor

I have used Estee Lauder Double Wear and I have also used the Bare Skin. Here is the differences that I've found. Double Wear for me absorbs oil throughout the day and never looks oily. It also doesn't transfer to clothing and looks natural. It has a matte finish. The Bare Skin has a bit more shine to it than DW and the coverage is lighter, but buildable compared to DW. I don't find that the Bare Skin absorbs oil over the day, but neither does it make my skin oily either. I usually use put on Mineral Veil over my Bare Skin and all is fine and the coverage last all day. The only difference, honestly, is that Bare Skin does transfer to clothing and I wish that it didn't do that. Otherwise, BE is the perfect foundation for me because the color match is better than DW.

Contributor

I haven't used Estee Lauder, however I am pleasantly surprised by the staying power and wear of BareSkin! My face typically looks a little oily in the afternoon, but it has not with the new foundation Smile I am very pleased. My only issue is that, although the Bare Linen shade looks fine, I think Bare Shell may be a closer match. But Bare Linen looks good and I will definitely be keeping this!

Super Contributor

I have used both. Frankly, I don't like the Bareskin at all! Sending back the TSV kit. I posted about this yesterday. For a serum make up, the Ready to Wear from HSN covers much better. For me the Bareskin just doesn't provide any coverage and didn't have staying power. The Double Wear has great staying power and covers very well! When my daughter got married, the make up artist used Double Wear make up. The make up was beautiful on the bride and the bridesmaids. I actually prefer the Double Wear Light which also covers well and lasts if you need lighter coverage.

Trusted Contributor

I love Bare Skin! Got the TSV...Had lunch with my GFs and got a compliment on how good my skin & MU looked. I am thrilled!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1} However, my skin is not oily at all, so those with oilier complexions may feel differently about it. I am happy with everything in the TSV except the eyeshadow, which is a tad to sparkly for me, plus I have about 50 BE eyeshadows, so I hardly need another. I haven't used EL MU in years, so I can't compare it to the Double Wear foundation, but as I said, I'm quite happy with the Bare Skin. The color match is perfect for me, too. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I now use and love only(well both) the new BE bareskin in bare shell and the new Mally liquid in the compact in light.

My DH was in rehab and I was there from 7:30 AM till 11:30 PM every single day 7 days a week and both of these lasted the whole time till I washed them off. The only thing I had to touch up was my lipstck and lower lash eye liner.

I have normal to dry skin leaning more toward the drier side and am a light to medium complexion leaning more toward the lighter side.

I will say the new Mally kit was the only kit I have ever gotten that I can truthfully say I love and use everything in the kit.

I won't use either the perfecting veil or lip moxie in the BE kit, veil is drying on me and moxie stays tacky/sticky.