Respected Contributor

I am Fairly Medium in BE - Should I go with Bare Shell or Bare Satin...?

anyone know...?

Super Contributor

Re: I am Fairly Medium in BE - Should I go with Bare Shell or Bare Satin...?

my question as well!

Respected Contributor

I thought about calling CS but since I'm at work I will need to wait, would like to get my color before "it" sells out....

Let me know if you hear or find out!! Thank you

Respected Contributor

I've always ordered the lightest shade of the minerals, and I wear Bare Shell in the liquid foundation. It's perfect. Listen to the presentations and watch the video to see if they explain the shades in greater detail. Sometimes they give really good tips as to which foundation would be best for you.

Good luck!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Regular Contributor

I have similar coloring & sent the Bare Satin back...it is actually quite dark & has a dirty pink cast (if you can picture that lol). My next choice would have been the the Bare Shell, but I didn't like the product.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Silverandgold said:

I have similar coloring & sent the Bare Satin back...it is actually quite dark & has a dirty pink cast (if you can picture that lol). My next choice would have been the the Bare Shell, but I didn't like the product.

cust service told me to go with bare natural but when I look at it on my screen it seems to dark. thinking i better just go with bare shell..... I'm NOT super light but I'm not quite a Medium, I am in between the two....

Contributor

Hi! I wear that color as well in the powder and I was color matched this weekend as Bare Satin. I haven't seen it on all of my face at once yet, but the advisor tried several different shades on and that is the one that matched the best. It does appear rather dark, but anything else was either too light or too dark. Hope that helped some! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Is Fairly Medium really a shade? I thought it was Fairly Light or Medium Beige.

I am Fairly Light in original loose and original loose matte, Medium Beige in READY, and Bare Natural in Bareskin. I have tried cooler and lighter up and down the dial and Bare Natural is the closest (I just wish is had a drop of cool in it to make it perfect). I even went to the boutique a few weeks ago and had them do a neck check and they said it looked good.

ETA: Jennifer (is that her name, the vendor?), she said she was Fairly Light/Medium Beige and she wears Bare Natural, so that's why I went with it since her color choices followed mine.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I too am between light and medium, when this first came out I thought bare satin was my shade, nope, too dark, went to a Sephora and got matched to bare shell, she asked me to remove some makeup so she could apply it and boy oh boy, it was perfect. I am so glad there is finally a foundation that takes into consideration pinker undertones, everything else I try looks so orange on me.

Trusted Contributor

Yep. We can all see your skin tone on a bulletin board and successfully match it with the right makeup shade. Sure thing!